Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
So what scandal is going to come about from australia's celebration tonight? I'm betting Warner gets into a fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

sweeroy posted:

So what scandal is going to come about from australia's celebration tonight? I'm betting Warner gets into a fight

I don't know if they'll even manage to get drunk, at the rate they're pouring beer on one another.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

sweeroy posted:

Warner vs Root, the rematch.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
WTF drinking peroni. Where are the Crownies?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

V for Vegas posted:

WTF drinking peroni. Where are the Crownies?
The old stagers were banging back the Crownies. I think only the younger fellas were drinking Peroni. 'Imported' beer is trendy doncha know.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
A flock of dwarves will be burnt.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Why weren't they drinking VB? Isn't that their sponsor?

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
There will be a better shot later, but:

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Scylo posted:

Why weren't they drinking VB? Isn't that their sponsor?

Both made by C&U brewries which is owned by Fosters group which is a subsidiary of SABMiller which also owns Peroni. So there you go.

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 17, 2013

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Coucho Marx posted:

There will be a better shot later, but:

yeeeessss. Someone do a collage with that stat.

Dendra
May 3, 2009
Quick and dirty

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Dendra posted:

Quick and dirty

Next year's op

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
The 5-0 version is going to be glorious.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
In convenient Instagram-friendly ratio:

This is going to be much harder for the next two wins.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

webmeister posted:

I'm at the gym and the sound is off, but Mark Taylor trying to interview people pouring beers on each other is both the funniest and most awkward thing I've seen all year

That was utterly cringe-worthy. Have some cameras in there if you have to (I'd be all for not letting them in at all) but stand back and just let them be. When they were going to burst into song and Taylor stands there holding the mic in front of them was awful.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Looking forward to seeing youtube footage of the Taylor stuff.

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.

Dendra posted:

Quick and dirty

Glorious...

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

gently caress NSFW that poo poo please.

Also peroni owns and also owns that they are sticking it to VB the fuckers.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Anyone got the video of Billy Bowden trying to hold Marais Erasmus's hand as they walked on?

e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id_cAnn7Hqg

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Dec 17, 2013

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
If anyone can catch the replay of the swann dismissal Bowden gave him out before Smith took the catch.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Burn Down Canberra posted:

If anyone can catch the replay of the swann dismissal Bowden gave him out before Smith took the catch.

Ian Chappell caught that on commentary and said it was terrible. Would have been hilarious if he had dropped it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hooray now we can get rid of Pieterson and Prior and Ashley Giles can come in and steady the ship.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Awwwww what pity I was out riding and missed the end.

3-0 is loving sweeeeeeet :D

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Hooray now we can get rid of Pieterson and Prior and Ashley Giles can come in and steady the ship.

You'd be heading for a draw right now if you hadn't dropped Monty.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Yay :unsmith:

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Well done you Aussie pricks

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
The best thing about this series is that it is the first time ever that Glenn McGrath hasn't tipped a 5-0 result.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

RideTheSpiral posted:

The best thing about this series is that it is the first time ever that Glenn McGrath hasn't tipped a 5-0 result.

hah

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Might not be 5 0. Will probably rain. Bloody Melbourne.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Australia, you fucken beauty

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Remember that time when Mike Hussey passed his "team song" responsibilities on to Nathan Lyon, and all of us were like :rolleyes: great we're loving stuck with him now :rolleyes:

PTizzle posted:

NCN sheepishly sitting beside them sipping a Peroni.

And this was loving hilarious. It's amazing how different that scene looked without any sound!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Boycott in full cry on the TMS podcast. FWIW I think he's right, the English team isn't a team, and there have to be reasons why. The same should be asked of the Australian team, why are they so energized? To me, it seems a bit more than just wanting to win, there's something really personal about it. And Clarke appeared pretty drat surly in his interview, and that seems strange coming from someone who should at least sound happy about his win, but instead is focussed on the next Test.

Next Test could be really horrible in many ways.

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
loving brilliant. gently caress off England!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
#ashesbanter

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Is that the team song? Isn't recording that being sung really poor form?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Sounds a bit fascist.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Great av for some pom.

Lionel Richie posted:

Sounds a bit fascist.

It sounds basically the same as the song for my old club (which I can't remember any more, clearly didn't sing it enough) except 'Australia' replaces 'University'.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

Is that the team song? Isn't recording that being sung really poor form?

Yes, and kinda - depending on who's recording it and why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Lionel Richie posted:

Sounds a bit fascist.

suits us.

• Locked thread