Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
quotin' for a new page

enri posted:

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Jurnal entry is the armour on the last one, which turned out really poo poo :(
1 x 'Dynamic Tiriel' from Hasslefree Miniatures - this is my jurnal entry

edit: now that's out of the way, I can chill out for the rest of the month and not worry about painting until January :v:
It might just be a flattering photo, but I really like the way that armour turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Deanut Pancer posted:

quotin' for a new page

It might just be a flattering photo, but I really like the way that armour turned out.

Seriously. It doesn't look like the fancy, bright NMM you're used to seeing, but it looks like worn old armor in a really nice way.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

The model kind of has a ninja turtles vibe to it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Did somebody say they'd fancy bright NMM?

:black101:'EAVYMETAL!

:france:OATH COMPLETE:france:

This month's Jurnal is on the paladin, but I didn't use any metallics on the 15mm guys either.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
My November 40k vote goes to SRM, for the Stalin-mustache, and bright colored Captain.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, Oath that for December I will paint
  • 5 Howling Bansheers and 1 Howling Banshee Exarch for 40k by GW
  • 1 Armoured Wide Container, 1 Armoured Long Container, 1 Armoured Shipping Cube, 2 Windowed Long Containers, 2 5" Walkways, 1 BBQ Lizard Shack, 1 Radar Array, 1 Communications Array, 2 Large Ammo Boxes and 6 Medium Ammo Boxes by Underground Lasers

The terrain is 28mm scale, but I stuck a pot of Citadel paint on there as a known size reference, is that cool?

Was going to do a bunch of minis and a little terrain, but work is slammed and Xmas demands shopping hours, just not enough time to do any more squads. Oath addition if things lighten up before NYE.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Oath Thread goons at WHW today - have an awesome time! Nottingham's too far for me today unfortunately.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath to paint Draigo, a Privateer press mini from the game Warmachine, 28mm scale.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I, WhiteOuMouse, oath this 28mm GW Heldrake, in its 7 different parts. Because I would rather deal with the annoyance now than later.

Sorry the date is a bit blurry, let me know if you want another.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

ineptmule posted:

Oath Thread goons at WHW today - have an awesome time! Nottingham's too far for me today unfortunately.

Thanks! This turned out to be a really good day - a bloody, hard-fought game on an amazing board, a great bunch of people, and so much else to see. Thanks again to Krushgroove for bringing it together.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Deanut Pancer posted:

No. This is unacceptable. I demand a refund of my entry fees.
Ohwait, this is a free contest run by volunteers out of the goodness of their hearts. Very well, keep up the good work! :)

:)

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, Oath that for December I will paint
  • 5 Howling Bansheers and 1 Howling Banshee Exarch for 40k by GW
  • 1 Armoured Wide Container, 1 Armoured Long Container, 1 Armoured Shipping Cube, 2 Windowed Long Containers, 2 5" Walkways, 1 BBQ Lizard Shack, 1 Radar Array, 1 Communications Array, 2 Large Ammo Boxes and 6 Medium Ammo Boxes by Underground Lasers

The terrain is 28mm scale, but I stuck a pot of Citadel paint on there as a known size reference, is that cool?
You're fine, thanks for providing a scale reference!

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath to paint Draigo, a Privateer press mini from the game Warmachine, 28mm scale.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I, WhiteOuMouse, oath this 28mm GW Heldrake, in its 7 different parts. Because I would rather deal with the annoyance now than later.
Sorry the date is a bit blurry, let me know if you want another.
That's fine, it's readable!

The above are Accepted!

ineptmule posted:

Galaspar posted:

Thanks! This turned out to be a really good day - a bloody, hard-fought game on an amazing board, a great bunch of people, and so much else to see. Thanks again to Krushgroove for bringing it together.

:)

Goonpocalypse is finished!

What a day - so tired, on our feet nearly the whole time and running around like a loon to do save rolls and assaults back and forth across the board!

All the pics of the action here, with captions of much of the action: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5957701620099421761?authkey=CPOAxZnquIusjgE

I brought about 7000 pts of Chaos Marines across 2 CSM armies and about 3500 points of Dark Eldar, we had another 2500 of Necrons and about 1400 of Orks from turn 2.

The Goodies had about 5500 pts of Dark Angels, about 2000 I think of Blood Angels, about 2000 of Space Wolves, 1500 or so I think of Sisters of Battle and 2400 of Blood Spectres (BA successor) from turn 2.

The main thing I can think we should do next time is have 'only' about 2000-3000 points each to make it more manageable - I had about 3 times that and was dragged from one end of the table to the other to do rolls for saves and attacks constantly, there just wasn't any let. The other thing is to probably have one flank or section of the board for each army, not trying to shoehorn a unit into an area because it's well-suited for the terrain or the opposition in that section (I guess this is subject to change depending on the board and units on the board).

It was really fun and many thanks to the goons that came!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete
I'm claiming speed painting

EDIT: Now with timestamp for speed painting

counterspin fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 16, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

counterspin posted:

[b] Oath Complete

The 'after' picture needs a time stamp! QUICK!!

(and we need a 'before' picture with timestamp)

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

My initial oath was my 'before' timestamp. I'll take an after timestamp sometime tonight.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Deanut Pancer posted:

quotin' for a new page

SRM posted:

Seriously. It doesn't look like the fancy, bright NMM you're used to seeing, but it looks like worn old armor in a really nice way.

It's definitely one to see in the flesh ;) photo is very flattering, I'm borderline teetering on stripping it already (or just painting metallics over the NMM attempt!)

Thank you though :)

Under 15 posted:

The model kind of has a ninja turtles vibe to it.

Ha, didn't see this at all... yellow jump suit wearing, brown haired April? :)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Left to right: 2x Galvanizer Light Vector, 1x Diffuser Light Vector

2x Mitigator Light Vector

Cryx Soul Tokens

Madelyn Corbeau

Terminator Chaplain

For this month's Jurnal, I went for an NMM bronzed look on the Chaplain's weapon and shoulder pad, and a gold NMM on the star above his head. The bronze I took from this article, and though it didn't come out like his, I can't say I'm unhappy with it. I've mostly done gold NMM, so it was a learning experience!

Obviously I went for the Detectuv's Jurnal (NMM) as my singular bonus for the month.

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 16, 2013

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Here's my before and after posts for speed painting. I'll go back and edit into my oath complete post as well.

counterspin fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 16, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Slimnoid posted:

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Hi Slimnoid. Especially if you're going to put multiple images of the same miniature into your post, I need you to please label your photos so I can tell if you've actually finished everything you oathed. In this case, I can see you oathed five jacks. I don't know if I'm looking at photos of five jacks or eight jacks or just three jacks or what. I don't know jack about jacks!

Thanks.

krushgroove I missed you approving, or you missed approving, SRM and Dr. Red Ranger. Can you confirm them please?

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I assumed speed painting would not need an after time stamp. The date/time of the post proves it, right? Unless he took the picture and then didn't upload it for a while, then a timestamp helps.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Hey there Oath thread, it's been a couple of months! I'm home from law school for winter break and was thinking of painting some Ariadnans for Infinity. When is the cutoff date for this month?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Leperflesh posted:

Hi Slimnoid. Especially if you're going to put multiple images of the same miniature into your post, I need you to please label your photos so I can tell if you've actually finished everything you oathed. In this case, I can see you oathed five jacks. I don't know if I'm looking at photos of five jacks or eight jacks or just three jacks or what. I don't know jack about jacks!

Thanks.

Bah, I knew I forgot to do something!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

bhsman posted:

Hey there Oath thread, it's been a couple of months! I'm home from law school for winter break and was thinking of painting some Ariadnans for Infinity. When is the cutoff date for this month?
Cutoff dates tend to be at the last week of the month.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

bhsman posted:

Yes, as SRM cutoff for new oaths is 1 week before the end of the month - that means 0:00 GMT on the 24th.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 4 Space Marines from Games Workshop for the month of December

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I, Dr. Red Ranger, oath to paint these three Games Workshop Chaos Cultists (28mm). Was going to do the dreadnaught but not gonna make that my first shot at NMM.

Sorry I missed these, consider them Accepted!

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING: A trio of skeletons and a trio of tiny fae from Reaper Bones and Lylyth, Reckoning of Everblight from Privateer Press

What are all those shredders doing where the reindeer should be? hm...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ledgem posted:

OATHING: A trio of skeletons and a trio of tiny fae from Reaper Bones and Lylyth, Reckoning of Everblight from Privateer Press

Accepted!

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
I, IrvingWashington, oath this Space Crusade Android (28mm, MB Games/Games Workshop)

If I end up putting it on a different base, do I need to grab a picture of that before I start?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

IrvingWashington posted:

I, IrvingWashington, oath this Space Crusade Android (28mm, MB Games/Games Workshop)

Accepted!

You don't need to take a new picture of a different base.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

What's the deal with the army display bases? Is it the same deal as the other bits like diorama, i.e. pics of it with a timestamp before it's painted? So I could feasibly take a month or two building it, then paint it up as part of an oath in a later month?

Got some spare MDF knocking around and I need me some extra points :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

What's the deal with the army display bases? Is it the same deal as the other bits like diorama, i.e. pics of it with a timestamp before it's painted? So I could feasibly take a month or two building it, then paint it up as part of an oath in a later month?

Got some spare MDF knocking around and I need me some extra points :)

Same as the diorama - we need a picture with timestamp before you paint it, it doesn't need to be finished inside of a month, just finish it by the end of the oath season to claim your point.

quote:

One entry per participant. Post a picture of your unpainted display board (with timestamp) before starting, and post the completed pictures before the end of the season to earn your points and be eligible for judging! The completed pictures of your display board must be from various angles with your army/faction in place.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I assumed speed painting would not need an after time stamp. The date/time of the post proves it, right? Unless he took the picture and then didn't upload it for a while, then a timestamp helps.

SA shows the date/time stamp for posts in the viewer's time zone. Most of you don't live in my time zone, so if I have to go by the post datetime stamp, that makes it much more complicated for me to figure out if it was really done in a 24-hour period.

Also, you can edit a post, so then I wind up having to look at the edit timestamp too.

In my spreadsheet I just have one link for each bonus point thing; it's already a huge spreadsheet. So the rule is that you put both the start and the finish photos of the model with the world time server thing into the finished post, and then I link to that post. From then on anyone can click that link, and immediately see the two photos and compare the times and if they're within 24 hours of each other, we're good.

I don't think it's that difficult to jump through those hoops for us, and it's only 1 point for the year so I don't think it's a big deal if someone finds it too onerous and prefers to just skip it.

Slimnoid posted:

Bah, I knew I forgot to do something!

Thanks! You're credited for your points now.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Conversion pre-painting

Who needs reindeer when you can have shredders pull your sled!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I dig the ice. What is it?

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Karnegal posted:

I dig the ice. What is it?

I think it's quartz. I don't actually know myself; I got it from a big jar of assorted rocks. I cleaned them off and layered water effects over it. Several people actually thought I'd left salt covered ice out on a plastic disc and were curious as to how it hadn't melted.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Is that snow for your model's base or just texture? Are you going to brush-on prime? :ohdear:

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

November was a busy month for me so I didnt get to oath but I am hoping I can get this :siren: INCOMING OATH :siren: completed for December to make up time.

I oath 5 Plague models from Mantic games

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
OATH COMPLETE!

One United Colonies of Man starter force from the Dropzone Commander 2 player starter set + 1 APC because I may as well paint it.

Close up of one of the dropships to show the metalization of plastic ordered by the Journel!

Half the infantry and one APC, this was my first attempt at painting in 10mm scale.

Finally the tanks, once again, I've painted up the metal.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

TarDolphinorShark posted:

November was a busy month for me so I didnt get to oath but I am hoping I can get this :siren: INCOMING OATH :siren: completed for December to make up time.

I oath 5 Plague models from Mantic games

Accepted!

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Oh before I forget I still have not gotten my Troll Trader prize, the metal starter kit. No rush just reminding you just in case. I got the Infinity troops though, and they are really nice looking models. Too bad they will probably sit unpainted for a while because of Deadzone.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
November slideshow is ready: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5958451873668703185?authkey=CJ-K-MLEx9TkBQ
Please have a look, everyone who completed their oath in November should be in there

If you notice your username in bright green Comic Sans font that'll be because you didn't put your name in your first Oath Complete photo! :P

Sorry for the lateness once again, a holiday abroad and recent sickness have taken their toll on my oath thread duties. Speaking of which, I'll be posting a bunch of stuff this week to most of the people who are awaiting their loot. Once they're in the post, I'll post who can expect stuff, and what you'll be getting.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Oh god, what date is it? The 17th? Looks like this could be a busier month than expected.

Still, I, ForkBanger, oath 6 High Elves for December.

3 are a Seaguard command group, 3 are a Phoenix Guard command group.

• Locked thread