Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
granted women's bodies are one of life's great mysteries but, um, Our People have been managing women's health for a while, and one of those things is pain management

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's not for nothing that traditional jewish men start the day with a prayer that includes, "Blessed are you, Lord, our God, ruler the universe who has not created me a woman."

Yep. Every day they look down at their morning wood and go "thank god I'm not a woman".

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fruity Gordo posted:

you know women have been menstruating, had breast pain, breastfed, had breast pain, and gone through menopause and had breast pain for a very long time, right?

I thought it was some brand of balm marketed as JUST for boob chafing. :downs:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

VanSandman posted:

Well it was. It's just that the boobs involved were on cows.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Angela Christine posted:

Well it was. It's just that the boobs involved were on cows.

the best thing about bag balm is that it was just lanolin until petroleum jelly became cheaper. women had been putting herbal lanolin-based salves on their breasts and groins for thousands of years, people had been using it on all kinds of dry skin and wounds in salves forever, and putting it in a green tin made it for cows and now suddenly women putting Cow Tit Balm on themselves is weird and against FDA recommendations

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VanSandman posted:

You'd like that wouldn't you?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fruity Gordo posted:

the best thing about bag balm is that it was just lanolin until petroleum jelly became cheaper. women had been putting herbal lanolin-based salves on their breasts and groins for thousands of years, people had been using it on all kinds of dry skin and wounds in salves forever, and putting it in a green tin made it for cows and now suddenly women putting Cow Tit Balm on themselves is weird and against FDA recommendations

I do know about lanolin.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Dear Diary:

Today my boobs hurt like gently caress.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

Dear Diary:

Mine too. :(

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

vaguely posted:

Unf, I tried sea salt chocolate for the first time recently and it was amaaaaazing, it tasted like caramel but there was no caramel :aaaaa:
(What kind of magical gloves are you using that acetone doesn't go right through them??)

we have a buncha different gloves, some you use when youre handling the halloysite nanotubes and some are general use
we don't really get the acetone all over our hands anyway so its not a huge deal, the most we do with it is pour it into a beaker or flask so we just use the cheap generic ones and rinse immediately if something gets on it
e: if all we're doing is pouring acetone into something we probably wont wear gloves anyway because we're lazy (read: :siren:UNSAFE:siren:)
the things i/my lab partners work with usually dissolve better in alcohols tho so we don't use acetone too much

stimulated emission fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 18, 2013

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

The Taint Reaper posted:

Dear Diary:

tee hee lets go shopping!!!!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Maybe I should stop slamming them between car doors?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Angela Christine posted:

It's not for nothing that traditional jewish men start the day with a prayer that includes, "Blessed are you, Lord, our God, ruler the universe who has not created me a woman."

Yep. Every day they look down at their morning wood and go "thank god I'm not a woman".

Everyone thinks their boner is impressive

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Taint Reaper posted:

Dear Diary:

VanSandman will be happy to remove them for you.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Not into Unsullied foreplay.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

VanSandman posted:

there are a couple of things marketed for that like 3B breast, buttocks and thigh cream. but no one finds out about them except through word of mouth or from a doctor because sweating is a woman's greatest shame, because she is a fat if she sweats. better to spend ad dollars telling her how she should wash out her vulva with alcohol-based wet wipes to Be Clean

breast pain associated with hormones imo is well-treated with something like tiger balm. when i was still having my heinous periods before i went on bc i would have a shower, moisturise my breasts, wait for them to dry then put on a light coat of tiger balm on everywhere except my nips and that would somehow make the boobies hurt less. which is super duper weird, because period breast pain comes from deep within the tissues behind the nipples, so maybe i was placeboing myself

i don't know of anything which is marketed now to be used exclusively for lessening breast pain, but in some indigenous australian cultures there are specific tinctures and salves for breast pain, and in most other religiomedical traditions i've researched. i obviously don't know about every single society and religion everywhere but one of the most striking things for me as a student of sociology and anthropology is the profound lack of emphasis on women's health in the modern western world, and the derision alternative women's health and pain management practices (like traditional herbal lanolin-based salves, meditation and herbal teas) are met with by the vast majority of people

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

The Taint Reaper posted:

Not into Unsullied foreplay.

The Unsullied were all dudes. Removing boobs is more like Amazon foreplay.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Crow Jane posted:

The Unsullied were all dudes. Removing boobs is more like Amazon foreplay.

Pretty sure Wonder Woman is still rocking her pair.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I don't get boob pain very often. I consider myself lucky.

Also, what the hell, a coworker just asked if I could take his Christmas Eve shift from 11-6. The schedule has been up for a good week now, so he should've asked someone sooner, or booked it off.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Fruity Gordo posted:

there are a couple of things marketed for that like 3B breast, buttocks and thigh cream. but no one finds out about them except through word of mouth or from a doctor because sweating is a woman's greatest shame, because she is a fat if she sweats.

what is this

Portals fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 3, 2014

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Pretty sure Wonder Woman is still rocking her pair.

That's probably why she was exiled

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i once overheard two fat guys complaining over boob pain

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Chiba City Blues posted:

we have a buncha different gloves, some you use when youre handling the halloysite nanotubes and some are general use
we don't really get the acetone all over our hands anyway so its not a huge deal, the most we do with it is pour it into a beaker or flask so we just use the cheap generic ones and rinse immediately if something gets on it
e: if all we're doing is pouring acetone into something we probably wont wear gloves anyway because we're lazy (read: :siren:UNSAFE:siren:)
the things i/my lab partners work with usually dissolve better in alcohols tho so we don't use acetone too much

lol yeah when i was at uni doing chemistry (i ran away to do arts after 2 years of honours advanced chem bc gently caress dat) wearing gloves was at best paid lipservice to when the prof came into the lab in week 2 (if you werent wearing gloves you sat on your hands and looked pious until you got your gloves on), and after that pfft. dipping cigarettes and joints in various solvents was my favourite hobby. i'll prbably die soon but it was worth it

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

what the poo poo, dude

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Crow Jane posted:

That's probably why she was exiled

If they exiled her for having two boobs it is they who are the ones who are boobs.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Fruity Gordo posted:

lol yeah when i was at uni doing chemistry (i ran away to do arts after 2 years of honours advanced chem bc gently caress dat) wearing gloves was at best paid lipservice to when the prof came into the lab in week 2 (if you werent wearing gloves you sat on your hands and looked pious until you got your gloves on), and after that pfft. dipping cigarettes and joints in various solvents was my favourite hobby. i'll prbably die soon but it was worth it
in all of my lab classes we dont wear gloves at all, i think the molarity of the poo poo we're working with in class is low enough to where you just need to rinse your poo poo down if you spill it on you (also wear clothes you dont care about to lab if you tend to spill poo poo)

even at work we're not required to wear gloves or labcoats (in the nanoassembly lab at least) unless someone is doing safety inspections

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Portals posted:

what is this

I get like the worst boob sweat when I'm wearing a binder and if there's some way to stop that I would love to know

3B is for chafing, it doesn't actually stop sweating unfortunately. breat, bum and thihg chafing is caused by sweat irritating the skin through constant rubbing, and what 3B does (baby powder will not to this, dont bother using talc or baby powder to avoid chub rub) is stick to the skin and still let pores release moisture while keeping the skin lubricated as it rubs

i wish i knew what could stop boob sweat. i have these unnecessarily large globes and they just sit there and accumulate sweat in the summertime. i have 5 bras and still wash all of them once a week in summer. rude.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Chiba City Blues posted:

in all of my lab classes we dont wear gloves at all, i think the molarity of the poo poo we're working with in class is low enough to where you just need to rinse your poo poo down if you spill it on you (also wear clothes you dont care about to lab if you tend to spill poo poo)

even at work we're not required to wear gloves or labcoats (in the nanoassembly lab at least) unless someone is doing safety inspections
yeah i think if you're working with stuff that needs like 10 seconds of immersion to give a 2nd degree chemical burn then they dont really care because if you get that burn then you're either A Mega Hardcore Hardbody or a loving idiot and either way you dont belong in a lab

i hated even that casual level of labwork where i could waltz in with weed and dip it in a beaker of solvent and giggle, i can't imagine what it would be like working in a lab where you couldn't even wear mascara bc of the risk of sample contamination. i'd be afraid to scratch my head lest my dander ruin years of work. too much pressure, put me in a room full of violent juvenile offenders and let me chat to them instead

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 18, 2013

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

It still contains Lanolin, the petroleum jelly is basically just filler.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I majored in printmaking in college, we smoked around chemicals that ate through metal and rock:black101:

I'm going to die so young

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
Late but Toddlers & Tiaras is simultaneously the greatest and worst reality TV show ever. Some of the little girls really hate it, which makes me sad. I mostly watch to boo the terrible stage moms. There are so many hosed up paths someone's life can go down, who are the people that become stage moms?

I'd watch the gently caress out of a show about stage moms, it'd probably be slightly less exploitative.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fruity Gordo posted:

yeah i think if you're working with stuff that needs like 10 seconds of immersion to give a 2nd degree chemical burn then they dont really care because if you get that burn then you're either A Mega Hardcore Hardbody or a loving idiot and either way you dont belong in a lab

i hated even that casual level of labwork where i could waltz in with weed and dip it in a beaker of solvent and giggle, i can't imagine what it would be like working in a lab where you couldn't even wear mascara bc of the risk of sample contamination. i'd be afraid to scratch my head lest my dander ruin years of work. too much pressure, put me in a room full of violent juvenile offenders and let me chat to them instead

Yeah, you can be all "Don't sniff glue kids, that poo poo will rot your brains. Try benzoxoacitate instead, that's the good stuff".

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I want to go to bed but I need to finish gluing pictures of Tim Tebow on a gift bag for my secret santa person. I hate Christmas sometimes.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I went to my boyfriend's work Christmas party the other night, it was lovely and everyone gave thoughtful gifts for Secret Santa. I was jealous, at my work people grudgingly hand Applebee's giftcards to each other

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah, you can be all "Don't sniff glue kids, that poo poo will rot your brains. Try benzoxoacitate instead, that's the good stuff".

holy poo poo i never even thought of pulling huffer rank on my kids :drat:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
cute girl today told me in detail about her favorite animes

nuke everything and everybody

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Have any of you ever been on the depo injection?

I was on it for about two years and stopped back in June. I've come on again finally but it's lasted about two and a half weeks so far (stopped for a few days after a week then started again).

This seriously sucks and I can't wear a bra coz by boobs hurt so much :( When will it end?!

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I went to my boyfriend's work Christmas party the other night, it was lovely and everyone gave thoughtful gifts for Secret Santa. I was jealous, at my work people grudgingly hand Applebee's giftcards to each other

Girl I'm doing this for unironically LOVES Tim Tebow. We have to opt into Secret Santa, so the people who do it are pretty good.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
men are fukken trash

• Locked thread