Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Podima posted:

I mean technically you can fry sliced bread, just via pan-frying not deep-frying. And now I want French toast, drat. Should bake some challah this coming week for that.

In French Toast though you have delicious eggy filling to keep the oil on the outside of the bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Well, that's only the second worst thing I've seen cooked this week.

LeadRobot
Dec 9, 2010

Life's hard when your feet are the size of a house and also toxic.

mindphlux posted:

"the bread absorbed all the oil. its loving disgusting...

i mean, im probably going to keep eating it.....

yeah, me too...."

loving goons gently caress youuuuuuuuuuu :gb2gbs:

Sometimes a man's just gotta eat, guy.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

^^^^^ NOW THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHAT I'M loving TALKING ABOUT! ^^^^^

Let's get this loving party started, Mico. We're in GWS now, you need to show them things they've never seen.

Also, borscht.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
I think PEGI 3+ is an entirely inappropriate rating. I wouldn't want small children watching that culinary abomination.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

goddamit, now I want to see if I can fry a burg better

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well you certainly couldn't do it much worse.

... Well you could, but I mean, you'd have to be like, trying. Like, leaving off batter and poo poo.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I love that the thread was moved to GWS, so we get the horrified reactions on the abomination and tips on how to make the abomination properly.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
I might watch a twitch.tv stream of just a lonely burger frying in a pan on a dirty stove. It's like the depressing GWS version of those lovely christmas fireplace DVDs.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

I thought he was gonna make it as shown in the game, not just generally. Disappointed. Who is the other guy in the video? He should shush.

This is the first LP I've ever watched, thanks GWS.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Bollock Monkey posted:

I thought he was gonna make it as shown in the game, not just generally. Disappointed. Who is the other guy in the video? He should shush.

Fellow with pink hair is mico's roomie, he eats what we make mico cook, which is why mico won't cook borscht.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

Renzuko posted:

Fellow with pink hair is mico's roomie, he eats what we make mico cook, which is why mico won't cook borscht.

He's basically the villain of this game for this reason.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Renzuko posted:

I'm pretty sure Mico is the reason why Mico won't cook borscht, not his roommate.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

pandaK posted:

I'm pretty sure Mico is the reason why Mico won't cook borscht, not his roommate.

It's both.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I don't much care for beets, honestly.

I'm not Dwight Schrute.

Bollock Monkey posted:

This would require me to make food that tastes bad and I'm not willing to do that....

Okay so maybe I am but only for comedic purposes.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Mico posted:

This would require me to make food that tastes bad and I'm not willing to do that....

not on purpose at least.

:kheldragar:

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Mico posted:

I'm not Dwight Schrute.
How about bears and Battlestar Galactica?

quote:

Okay so maybe I am but only for comedic purposes.
Well, you are on a comedy forum...

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Mico posted:

I'm not Dwight Schrute.

Bollock Monkey posted:

How about bears and Battlestar Galactica?

AHAHAHASHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHH 55555555555555555555555 PPPPPSSSSHHHEHEEEWWW I JHUIST SPILLED COFFEE ALL OVER MY KEY BOARD U OWE ME A NEW KEYBOARD GOOD S_IR

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA U AHAHAHA UYA AAAAAAAAAAAA AHAHAHA OH AAAAAAAAAA OHM Y GOD AAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAH GOD I JUST AHAHHAHAHHAHAAH REALIZED OH GOD HAHAH MY SIDESSSSSS AHAHA I JUST REALIZED PHHHHSEWWWWW AHAH ATHAT AHAHAH OHHHHH MAN I JUST REALIZED YOUR NAMEAEAAHHAHAHHAHHAH AHAHA YOUR NAME HAS "MONKEY" IN IT TOOOOOOO AOHAOHOAH OH THIS IS TOO RICH I JUST CANT STOP LAUGHING CHRIST WHEN WILL IT END

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 22, 2013

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
can this thread get moved to GBS yet thanks

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Whoa, chill out dude

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

pandaK posted:

Whoa, chill out dude

man i don't """get""" gws

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
I've always wondered what a GWS meltdown would look like.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
The og chickencheese thread really showed who around here was incapable of clicking on a thread they knew they hated.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

mindphlux posted:

can this thread get moved to GBS yet thanks

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
You will never be Mommie Dearest.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Well hey I mean if you gotta do a meltdown in someone else's thread Banme, a stickied Lets Play thread in Goons With Spoons sure is a place to do that.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Tupperwarez posted:

You will never be Mommie Dearest.

thank gently caress

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
Ugh! You do NOT make joke posts in my favorite subforum! I am a senior regular here, and I will NOT stand for this!

*posts like a literal retarded child*

*ducasses a gay foie gras*

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So Mico, to take things in a slightly different direction, what is the most bullshit you have had to put up with in a Cooking Mama game to unlock a recipe you wanted to show off for the thread?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Glazius posted:

So Mico, to take things in a slightly different direction, what is the most bullshit you have had to put up with in a Cooking Mama game to unlock a recipe you wanted to show off for the thread?

I can pretty much answer this one for him unless there's somehow something worse that I don't know about (but I doubt it). Feel free to explain though Mico.

CORNBREAD.

He had to go through some high amount of unrelated recipes just to unlock the Cornbread one. He ended up streaming the ordeal, and I think it ended up being at least three straight hours of playing Cooking Mama. Basically, just (re-)watch the Fried Chicken & Cornbread video.

Volfogg fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 24, 2013

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Volfogg posted:

I can pretty much answer this one for him unless there's somehow something worse that I don't know about (but I doubt it). Feel free to explain though Mico.

CORNBREAD.

Remove Tokaron.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Just about three hours yeah.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Merry Christmas, goons

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
How did it taste?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
How are deep-fried pickles?

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Captain Pissweak posted:

How are deep-fried pickles?

In my experience? The vinegary, pickle taste works better with being fried than you expect, but you probably won't want a lot of them. A few fried pickle chips or spears make an interesting appetizer.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Daeren posted:

In my experience? The vinegary, pickle taste works better with being fried than you expect, but you probably won't want a lot of them. A few fried pickle chips or spears make an interesting appetizer.

From the ones I've had, they also somehow manage to taste even saltier than pickles do normally.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

"This isn't some amateur hour burger"

... *pours mustard-water on bun*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

From the ones I've had, they also somehow manage to taste even saltier than pickles do normally.

That's part of why I said you really don't want a lot of them most of the time. People tend to put a good deal of salt into the coating mix like it's any other deep-fry breading, without really remembering pickles take care of most of the "needs salt" part.

• Locked thread