Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
my meeting went well :unsmith:

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Chiba City Blues posted:

my meeting went well :unsmith:

Yay I was just about to say good luck but clearly you don't need that!

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

detectivemonkey posted:

Yay I was just about to say good luck but clearly you don't need that!

yeah, he was super understanding of why my gpa was so poo poo (undiagnosed mental illness :toot:) and said he'd take into consideration the gpa of my last 60hrs attempted, which is over 3.0, rather than my overall gpa which is like 2.2 or something
also taking into consideration a major change and the professor i'm doing undergrad research under, who is very well renowned both on and off campus
e: renowned in nanotechnology circles at least

stimulated emission fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 18, 2013

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

oh man I missed so much chat I wanted to talk about but here we go:

this cat is pretty neat

lab talk: we only really use nitrile gloves in our lab and acetone goes through them like fuckin tissue paper, but since I do air-sensitive stuff then apart from washing up I only get anything on me if I've reallllly hosed up so it's not too bad, but washing up involves loads of acetone so nails = no paint :(

anime chat: god I can't wait for new Sailor Moon, lay it on me motherfuckers wanna see the power of the moon or some poo poo

puppy chat: puppies still adorable and good

makeup chat: trichotillomania is a bitch and that's all I'll say about that

Chiba City Blues, glad your professors are understanding of your mental illness stuff, mine were thankfully pretty good about it once I finally told them even if they are kinda old-fashioned and don't wanna know any specifics, I'm still kind of terrible at science but at least I know it's OK for me to be terrible until I'm done in therapy :unsmith:

and finally the chemistry department put on a bitchin Christmas buffet and I drank probably about a bottle of free wine so I'm not getting any work done this afternoon

OK I think I'm caught up carry on everyone

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It's my birthday tomorrow, I think I'm just going to maintain a nice steady buzz for the next day or so. Started with bourbon last night, and I think I may still have a little in me because I'm way too happy to be at work right now, and I got unnaturally excited when a song I like came up on shuffle on the way in here. I think I'll have a glass of wine with lunch to keep the good vibes going.

Or I'll fall asleep at my desk and get fired, who knows.

Also, Parks and Recreation is a good show with good lady characters

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
Happy Almost Birthday Crow Jane!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Thanks! My boyfriend and I both took the day off work, we're going to see The Hobbit at a beautiful old art deco theatre and then eat at a farm-to-table diner that makes fancy cocktails with homemade bitters. We'll probably also end up doing Christmas shopping, because I've been slacking on that.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
my christmas presents are all bought and wrapped and sitting quietly in my living room waiting for me to drive them 4 hours to my parents house so everyone can open them and tell me that i'm awesome and spent too much :smug:

whenever my bro starts telling me about how great his stupid baby is I just go "i'm sorry, i can't hear you over all of this disposable income i have"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My brother and I have a long-standing tradition of buying each other the tackiest crap for Christmas and birthdays. We also buy each other nice gifts as well, but the terrible stuff is more fun. It's probably too late, but I was thinking of commissioning a portrait of him from a terrible DeviantArt person and framing it really nice. Might save that for his birthday, as the artist probably needs time to get the poorly-drawn anime eyes just right.

One year I got him a framed portrait of Gary Coleman dressed as a train conductor, another year a bust of a grizzled old sea captain who's wearing a ton of makeup for some reason (dollar store figurines are often inexplicable. We call him Swishmael). Last year he got me a stuffed animal in the shape of an anthropomorphic carrot, so I really need to up my game.

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 18, 2013

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Crow Jane posted:

My brother and I have a long-standing tradition of buying each other the tackiest crap for Christmas and birthdays. We also buy each other nice gifts as well, but the terrible stuff is more fun. It's probably too late, but I was thinking of commissioning a portrait of him from a terrible DeviantArt person and framing it really nice. Might save that for his birthday, as the artist probably needs time to get the poorly-drawn anime eyes just right.

One year I got him a framed portrait of Gary Coleman dressed as a train conductor, another year a bust of a grizzled old sea captain who's wearing a ton of makeup for some reason (dollar store figurines are often inexplicable. We call him Swishmael). Last year he got me a stuffed animal in the shape of an anthropomorphic carrot, so I really need to up my game.

http://www.hlj.com/product/DAK37140/Fig

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

:stare: why

why why why

Also, ladies, i need a new hairstyle. I've had the same super boring one for years now, and i want to do something drastic. I want...bangs

are bangs in? is that a thing still? or would it look too 90's? I know so very little about hair

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Who cares if they're in or not, bangs frame the face nicely and you can slack on eyebrow maintenance if you have em

Also, that figurine is horrific, but it's not the right kind of horrific. I usually go more for stuff that tries to be cute but fails miserably

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
mommadog is a bit ill, poor thing
probably an upset stomach, tho she is a bit weird in general
she is very serious and considers obedience optional

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

oh my goodness

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

VanSandman posted:

Is she a good dog

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Not obedient? To the woodchipper with the lot of them.

Ooh you could market them as a new breed of cat.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

VanSandman posted:

oh no :ohdear:

give her a big warm hug from me

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Women's Rights? posted:

:stare: why

why why why

Also, ladies, i need a new hairstyle. I've had the same super boring one for years now, and i want to do something drastic. I want...bangs

are bangs in? is that a thing still? or would it look too 90's? I know so very little about hair

I have bangs, it just suits some people and not others. Mine are side swept bangs, blunt bangs don't look right on me but can look incredibly chic.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Ladies, is the "divide by 2, add 7" rule accurate for figuring out if a relationship is creepy? I'm 21, dating a 28 year old woman and have gotten mixed reactions.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

She is also a hoarder and wants to pay me for sex. And she wants to have sex in public and I don't want to get arrested. Please advise.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Four years is the average difference in relationships.

You're on your own for the other issues.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Carecat posted:

Four years is the average difference in relationships.

You're on your own for the other issues.

Please don't make me venture into E/N

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I'm pretty sure we'd discourage a fellow lady from dating an exhibitionist hoarder, so I'm going to say the same advice applies to dudes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Smug Mug posted:

She is also a hoarder and wants to pay me for sex. And she wants to have sex in public and I don't want to get arrested. Please advise.

Age has nothing to do with it, she's crazy. Get out there quick.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I wonder if she wants to have sex in public because her house is so nasty. Or if paying for sex means she gets to add you to her collection

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Crow Jane posted:

here i have drawn your brother for free

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Putty posted:

here i have drawn your brother for free

That's a really good drawing, but he's skinny and doesn't wear glasses

He might like that drawing anyway, though, so thanks

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Ok well this thread hosed me up then. If I have to dump her, how am I going to get with another girl now that I know that women are constantly leaking.

Did y'all just make me gay?

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

I wonder if she wants to have sex in public because her house is so nasty. Or if paying for sex means she gets to add you to her collection

Her hoarding is localized entirely to her room, the rest of the house is pristine.

And I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any other back-door men

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
date a videogame character

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Jane are you still tipsy posting :ohdearsass: I'm buying you a hip flask for christmas.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Nah, coffee'd up and opted against booze with lunch. Just in a good mood, largely because I've just discovered that bourbon apparently doesn't give me a hangover.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Is she a good dog

eh

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Crow Jane posted:

Nah, coffee'd up and opted against booze with lunch. Just in a good mood, largely because I've just discovered that bourbon apparently doesn't give me a hangover.

Tell me about this bourbon. I've never met another lady who drinks bourbon.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Gravitee posted:

Tell me about this bourbon. I've never met another lady who drinks bourbon.

Bourbon and apple cider, served hot, is the best drink. I don't actually drink much at home, but I like to have some kind of whiskey on hand in fall/winter for warming purposes. I just have a bottle of Jack right now, nothing special but fine for mixing.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I'm rocking a hellish jack/Bacardi hangover right now, I don't know whose idea it was to have our workplace holiday shindig on a Tuesday night

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Crow Jane posted:

Bourbon and apple cider, served hot, is the best drink. I don't actually drink much at home, but I like to have some kind of whiskey on hand in fall/winter for warming purposes. I just have a bottle of Jack right now, nothing special but fine for mixing.

Oh god yes that is an amazing combination. Maybe add some cinnamon too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

this is directed at all dogs

• Locked thread