Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That's gonna be one pretty logo when it comes stateside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Stelas posted:

Just in case you bought a WiiU and are feeling left out, Nintendo have your back.

:stare:

Feeling alright about this WiiU :haw:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This is gonna be really great. I loved Samurai Warriors 3, and this looks absolutely insane.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Honestly, that is the first announcement to make me genuinely excited to own a Wii U since Bayonetta 2.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I honestly don't know if I'm dreaming right now or not. I Love Zelda - it's why I still by Nintendo consoles. Can't wait to tear up them moblins.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Policenaut posted:

I love how :effort: the NoA title was compared to that one.

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Policenaut posted:

Holy poo poo. I know its too much to hope for, but getting to control an octorok and then spazzing around and beating the poo poo out of KOEI drones would be fantastic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They better let me play as Zelda finally. :argh:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
That's definitely one thing that will be interesting - Does the Zelda franchise even have enough characters to make a Warriors-worthy roster, or are we going to be rocking a lot of Links in different tunics?

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Tingle better be the Zuo Ci equivalent.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008
Let me play Tingle and it will be worth it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well that's a weird thing to see first thing after waking up. I wonder what Midna will fight like.

Basically, how will anyone other than the people we have already seen in Smash or whatever fight?

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well that's a weird thing to see first thing after waking up. I wonder what Midna will fight like.

I'm going to guess a twirly ballerina type thing that uses shadow particle effects for the 'weapon'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Basically, how will anyone other than the people we have already seen in Smash or whatever fight?

Depends who they call up. Nabooru's a shoe-in since the Gerudo have a fight-style already circa Ocarina. The various masks from Majora mean their races(Zora, Goron, Deku) have a fight style to draw on if they don't feel like being more original. I can imagine Zelda fighting like Yuan Shao(Complete with "Insolence!" and "BOW YOUR HEAD!" quotes). Then again, this is Dynasty Warriors version Hyrule. I fully expect to see, for instance, Malo(The kid in Twilight Princess who becomes a shopkeeper) kicking rear end and taking names.

Looking at this, I see a variant of Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce, which seems to be no bad thing-at least-from the footage I watched of Strikeforce.

I look forward to seeing how this goes. It looks 'pure', but I'm sure Lu Bu will show up somehow, some way.

It may also be as/more strong on single-player than a 'normal' Musou game. I'm presuming based on that treasure bit at the end.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

I´m pretty hyped for this but the trailer they´ve shown seems like it´s super-early in development. Because at the point where Link uses the firewand a moblin just kinda pops in out of thin air. Unless it's a Warriors game with big-rear end pop-in of course.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So was that more or less weird than Pokemon Conquest from almost two years ago? I'm sorta divided.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
At the minute it's 'less' simply because half the crazy was mixing Pokemon into Nobunaga's Ambition. With more detail, this could rise.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

FutureFriend posted:

Unless it's a Warriors game with big-rear end pop-in of course.

So a normal Warriors game?

KoB
May 1, 2009
I would buy Dynasty Warriors: Smash Bros.

:colbert: Yeah I said it.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

KoB posted:

I would buy Dynasty Warriors: Smash Bros.

:colbert: Yeah I said it.

Smash Warriors? Dynasty Bros.?

I like 'em both.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Bloodly posted:

It may also be as/more strong on single-player than a 'normal' Musou game. I'm presuming based on that treasure bit at the end.

I'd assume it'll take the usual spinoff Warriors m/o of having a longer single player story mode where you only use Link and then a side mode that's more traditionally Warriors where all the other playable characters get short stories of 4 or 5 stages.

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013
Has koei dropped any hints at a Samurai Warriors 4 english release?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

a cat youtube posted:

Has koei dropped any hints at a Samurai Warriors 4 english release?

Koei hasn't talked about ANY of their recent Warriors releases. DW8 with Xtreme Legends, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, Samurai Warriors 4, nothing.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Shin Gundam did come out on PSN btw.

e: some guy streaming it http://www.twitch.tv/fataldmg

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 19, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends is out now in Asia for PS3 and PS4, and people are already starting to make comparisons of the 2 versions. There's also a truckton of screenshots taken with Share! Enjoy.

Just check out that soldier density!

According to some reports I'm finding, the game runs at solid 60 on 1080p. Someone is streaming it LIVE right now!

edit: holy poo poo does this game run smooth. I haven't seen a single frame rate drop since I started watching, and the new body ragdolling can be pretty funny to watch when bodies start contorting as they're mid-air comboed.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 19, 2013

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

This and Dead Rising make me wonder if we're hitting the point where it's just too much.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

OH gently caress ITS HAPPENING!

:siren: Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends is coming to PS3, PS Vita, AND PS4 in Spring 2014 :siren:

PS3 version is Xtreme Legends only, PS4 and Vita come with DW8 and Xtreme Legends.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Pasteurized Milk posted:

This and Dead Rising make me wonder if we're hitting the point where it's just too much.

Use more rage attacks :getin:

Policenaut posted:

OH gently caress ITS HAPPENING!

:siren: Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends is coming to PS3, PS Vita, AND PS4 in Spring 2014 :siren:

PS3 version is Xtreme Legends only, PS4 and Vita come with DW8 and Xtreme Legends.

Wonder if that PS4 version will come equipped with all the DLC too, it would only make sense.

...right?

Hoping to hear about Save transfer soon.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 19, 2013

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Policenaut posted:

Just check out that soldier density!

What I care about is maximum body count ripping C5's, and when doing the musou-musous. If we're seeing, 'pop-in is gone! They're all just there,' then I will have absolutely no problems buying this game a second time.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Japanese version of DW8 apparently got a title update late November that enabled save data upload to "the cloud" that lets users transfer immediately into Xtreme Legends. We'll probably get that over here.

5er posted:

What I care about is maximum body count ripping C5's, and when doing the musou-musous. If we're seeing, 'pop-in is gone! They're all just there,' then I will have absolutely no problems buying this game a second time.

I've been watching the Chinese guy's stream for like 5 hours and thinking back on it I can't remember this happening. It's really solid.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Looks like I'm gonna be spending at least $460 come Spring. :toot:

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Policenaut posted:

I've been watching the Chinese guy's stream for like 5 hours and thinking back on it I can't remember this happening. It's really solid.

Schubalts posted:

Looks like I'm gonna be spending at least $460 come Spring. :toot:

I have a friend who is exactly going to conclude this when I tell him too. Dude doesn't care about any other next gen titles right now to justify buying one any time soon, but when I tell him, 'the goons don't pop in any more after wiping away a bunch of guys with a huge special! You'll just get everyone that's supposed to be there!' he's going to immediately budget his tax return to cover a PS4 and DW8XL.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Have they confirmed local coop for the PS4 version? I guess it would be dumb if they don't have it, but I haven't seen any screenshots of it.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The Iron Sheik weighs in on Hyrule Warriors:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
What does any of that even mean? :psyduck:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Schubalts posted:

What does any of that even mean? :psyduck:

The Iron Sheik is suggesting that if the Hyrule Warriors are in any way related to The Ultimate Warrior than Princess Zelda is the "biggest dumb bitch whore in the world".

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
According to one of the threads ("Wrestlers on Twitter") in PSP that's not actually him, just a hilariously-reminiscent-of-him parody account.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Here's a link to a Japanese-made video showcasing the difference between PS3 & PS4 versions of DW8.

The models and world are so loving pretty.

The Jin story opening :swoon:

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

SirPhoebos posted:

The Iron Sheik weighs in on Hyrule Warriors:

Hahaha. That fucker is stone cold insane.

Chortles posted:

According to one of the threads ("Wrestlers on Twitter") in PSP that's not actually him, just a hilariously-reminiscent-of-him parody account.

WELL gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Chortles posted:

It's generally believed to be his agent or nephews or someone running it for him basically.