Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Len posted:

And now I can't post on testlive anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

I keep clicking this picture, but it isn't a link for me to poo poo on Funcom employees for some reason.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

This should be in the OP to give fair warning to people what developer they're getting in bed with by playing this.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010

orcane posted:

AN8ES2ADXFCQM6F9H6XC

Got it thanks!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Zhaan posted:

This should be in the OP to give fair warning to people what developer they're getting in bed with by playing this.

There are far better quotes to use for that though. Like after I6 launched and the game broke. Joel made quite a few that were flat out insulting to players talking about how the game isn't working. The reason? He apparently doesn't read the tech support subforum so he somehow missed the fact the entire page was nothing but threads about the game not working.

Someone has a thread on testlive about how the gear manager doesn't update items. So like if you take a 10.1 and make it a 10.2 if you don't update your gear manager save it won't load the right talismans. This is apparently because of how they coded items to work. Joel has flat out said they aren't fixing it and even included a ":)" into that post.

But hey pubbies LIKE the guy being a massive prick who shits on the players. Apparently because he's a human and not a PR approved robot.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
All I need to do is finish off one more glyph (and save for one) and get some Subway Tokens and my drat leech set is finally finished.

Three days and a lucky raid will do it.

EDIT: Some actually geared pubbies helped me through Slaughterhouse NM and I didn't have any trouble, so maybe MP sometime?

Zhaan fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 17, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The event is up. It sounds neat but I expect to be disappointed. Both bosses are probably reskins of regular bosses we've killed a few hundred times.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Len posted:

The event is up. It sounds neat but I expect to be disappointed. Both bosses are probably reskins of regular bosses we've killed a few hundred times.

Probably but I'm at least interested. Also there are apparently Enruned versions of the old End of Days pets, I don't know what they are, but I want them now. Also I only have 22 pets. This is disappointing.

I'm down for running this stuff later tonight.

VanillaRose
Aug 10, 2008
After speaking with a friend, my husband and I are interested in trying TSW. Does anyone have a couple of trial keys to spare, please? :)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

VanillaRose posted:

After speaking with a friend, my husband and I are interested in trying TSW. Does anyone have a couple of trial keys to spare, please? :)

XTNNNWNMVN8NN2UU75AG
58HZRK83QXRNFBNNQN8R

Enjoy.

VanillaRose
Aug 10, 2008
Much obliged! :)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Make sure one of you iIs Dragon and one is Illuminati so you can compare notes on cutscenes/storylines/mission followups/faction handlers. Also so you can both laugh at how stupid the Templars are. Seriously. Their faction icon should be the short bus.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Killsion posted:

Probably but I'm at least interested. Also there are apparently Enruned versions of the old End of Days pets, I don't know what they are, but I want them now. Also I only have 22 pets. This is disappointing.

I'm down for running this stuff later tonight.

They apparently added new Pet UI for you to organize them too.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I just started this week; I'm at QL 3-4 alternating between AR/Blade and Blade/Fist and I'm having a lot fun playing. The setting is really great and the quests are varied and fun. PRO TIP for newbs there is a sprint function that I didn't find until I'd been playing almost 2 days (X key). Speaking of which, is there any way to get the god drat sprint feature to actually stay toggled? It seems to turn off like every few minutes.

The other problem is my inventory is rapidly filling up with crafting poo poo. I don't seem to be able to find the kits to make anything and when I do, I don't really know the patterns or where to put runes in the recipe. Is there a merchant somewhere I can just buy kits from? Also the inventory addon is like a year old now, does it still work properly?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Syrinxx posted:

Speaking of which, is there any way to get the god drat sprint feature to actually stay toggled? It seems to turn off like every few minutes.

No.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

The other problem is my inventory is rapidly filling up with crafting poo poo. I don't seem to be able to find the kits to make anything and when I do, I don't really know the patterns or where to put runes in the recipe. Is there a merchant somewhere I can just buy kits from? Also the inventory addon is like a year old now, does it still work properly?

You can solve the problem two ways; first there are inventory expansions available at the bottom right of the main inventory screen. At first they are cheap, like up to a hundred and fifty or so. The second thing is sell all crafting things unless they are pure or sacred. Yes I know they can be upgraded into the next highest tier at a rate of 5:1 and broken down at a rate of 1:4. But upgrading materials is silly, as there is nothing worth crafting outside of some pure potions in the end game. With that argument in mind, keep all the fire, dust and water and sell all the runes and metal. Further, sell lovely weapon drops and weapon mission rewards to vendors or on the AH and break down all talismans, glyphs and potions you don't use. Leech potions are the only potions I keep because they are stupidly OP compared to barriers, HoTs and straight health. Barriers used to be rad because they worked on your defensive target, but I bug reported it and hosed you all.

I'm Sorry, have a good night.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

176 million hp golem

You know those achievements we slaved over last year? The ones that didn't reward properly? Guess what they copied exactly and put into a new category so we get to do AGAIN!

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Len posted:

176 million hp golem

Please, for the love of loving Jeebus, tell me you meant to put a decimal in there somewhere.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Remora posted:

Please, for the love of loving Jeebus, tell me you meant to put a decimal in there somewhere.

No.

Although I did send a bug report saying "176 million hp? What the gently caress were you thinking?"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Oh god, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

Oh god, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Funcom. Always making the best decisions that aren't in any way awful.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
So I stopped playing when scenarios came out. Do I now have to have minimum r4 augments in every slot to be allowed to go to Polaris?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Clairetic posted:

So I stopped playing when scenarios came out. Do I now have to have minimum r4 augments in every slot to be allowed to go to Polaris?

No, thankfully not. I don't think I've even met anyone with rank 4 augments.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Cleretic posted:

No, thankfully not. I don't think I've even met anyone with rank 4 augments.

I have two rank fives. The greens aren't hard.

Also, Rhan and I having the Christmas clothes drops on display:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Len posted:

No.

Although I did send a bug report saying "176 million hp? What the gently caress were you thinking?"

The boss apparently has ten times the health it should have.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1696359&postcount=11

I got some xmas event email but haven't logged in TSW lately. How are the event bosses and other stuff? Similar to the open world anniversary golem lagfests?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Zhaan posted:

Also, Rhan and I having the Christmas clothes drops on display:

The Krampus clothes are pretty great.

He can also drop this:

Krampus Rockets posted:

A filthy, attached note reads "I hear your favorite gifts are flares. Well then, have all the flares you can stomach! A present from me to you. Hra-hra-hra! - KRAMPUS"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Fewd posted:

The boss apparently has ten times the health it should have.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1696359&postcount=11

I got some xmas event email but haven't logged in TSW lately. How are the event bosses and other stuff? Similar to the open world anniversary golem lagfests?

Funcom never change.

Edit: Have they ever put out an event that wasn't broken?

Len fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Dec 19, 2013

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Len posted:

Funcom never change.

Edit: Have they ever put out an event that wasn't broken?

The End of Days event was rereleased as well and is also broken. Zepho and I have been petitioning for our achievements for two days.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Maybe they gave the *insert name of stupid mob here* so many HP that people would just get bored and quit, similar to the current hallway that has been going on for almost two months?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there a LFG system or a way to auto group for a dungeon or something? Funcom sent me an email offering me a free item if I complete the Polaris dungeon but I don't really see anyone else playing or talking or anything.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

HughGRect posted:

Maybe they gave the *insert name of stupid mob here* so many HP that people would just get bored and quit, similar to the current hallway that has been going on for almost two months?

Are they seriously holding that hallway out until Tokyo? I'm thinking about maybe patching the client and trying scenarios but ugh

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Brain In A Jar posted:

Are they seriously holding that hallway out until Tokyo? I'm thinking about maybe patching the client and trying scenarios but ugh

The way it's supposed to work is that we'll get Tokyo when that event's done. It has four phases, and this is the second; while the first went by relatively quickly because it had a really low barrier for entry, this one requires you to get five people together and fight through a gauntlet that's, honestly, not engaging in the slightest but just barely difficult enough that you can't autopilot.

They have hopefully learned their lesson, but this is the company that throws 17 million HP megabosses at us every chance they get. Those megabosses are actually making things worse, because they're splitting away what few people are actually interested in the events.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Funcom and learning their lesson, adorable.

Syrinxx posted:

Is there a LFG system or a way to auto group for a dungeon or something? Funcom sent me an email offering me a free item if I complete the Polaris dungeon but I don't really see anyone else playing or talking or anything.
There's no automatic matchmaking. For Polaris it should be easy to get a group in Kingsmouth zone chat, but you can also use the LFG tool to see who else is looking for a normal Polaris group and invite people. Or hope for goons to be online.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
I've done all the Krampusnacht achievements and most of the 2013 Mayan achievements (except for the two which bugged out for me and Zhaan), and I still don't know where the Fata Padurii pet drops.

I suspect it drops off the NM version of the instanced Hel boss (not the World boss), but it's hard to know for sure because I haven't seen any reports of people beating it. I have all the items for the summon, but the fight is hard because she has as much HP as Ur-Draug but also does a bunch of mechanics where you have to run around in circles and hide and stuff. I spent a while today trying to kill her with pubbies and it didn't work. I'd like to get a goon 10.4 group to try and run it at some point, but you're all gone :(

Also apparently all the Cat God stuff is still available in game.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Zephonith posted:

I've done all the Krampusnacht achievements and most of the 2013 Mayan achievements (except for the two which bugged out for me and Zhaan), and I still don't know where the Fata Padurii pet drops.

I suspect it drops off the NM version of the instanced Hel boss (not the World boss), but it's hard to know for sure because I haven't seen any reports of people beating it. I have all the items for the summon, but the fight is hard because she has as much HP as Ur-Draug but also does a bunch of mechanics where you have to run around in circles and hide and stuff. I spent a while today trying to kill her with pubbies and it didn't work. I'd like to get a goon 10.4 group to try and run it at some point, but you're all gone :(

I'm willing to do Nightmare Hel if we get a group. Just want five people so we don't get face-rolled.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Is the Padurii pet called 'Padurii Twiglet'? You get that for having 75 pets.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

There are two which show up in the pet window, and one is for that achievement but the other says it's a Christmas 2013 item.

Also it's impossible to get because there aren't 75 pets in game yet.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Zephonith posted:

I'm around all next week and off work.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

I'm around all next week and off work.

I'm off Monday through Thursday so you could maybe rope me into doing this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You will all regret it (I will also be available at some point next week).

• Locked thread