Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The show needs to skip to what's happening right now in the comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

And cast Eli Roth.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Babe Magnet posted:

The thread needs to skip to what's happening right now in the comics.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Who did Shannon Richardson play on TWD 'cause apparently she tried to poison Obama.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Grin and Tonic posted:

Who did Shannon Richardson play on TWD 'cause apparently she tried to poison Obama.

A zombie. The media is casting her as some giant actress but all it seems she has done is two bit extra parts.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Walking Dead game season 2 comes out soon. Is the 400 Days DLC worth picking up or is it solidly meh and not worth my time?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Walking Dead game season 2 comes out soon. Is the 400 Days DLC worth picking up or is it solidly meh and not worth my time?

It's ok but it's really short so I just watched a playthrough.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

You can complete it in one sitting if you keep telling yourself "one more story" and have quite a bit of free time. I liked it.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Some of the stories are better than others but overall it's pretty good. You're obviously not going to form the same attachments to the characters as you did in season 1 since you spend so much less time with them, but it's mostly well written and has some really good moments.

Don't just watch a playthrough, that's dumb. It wouldn't have any of the same emotional resonance if you're not the one making the choices, even if the results are often mostly superficial/tone related.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Apparently your choices are going to have some degree of carry-over into season 2. It'll probably be pretty minor, but something to consider. For $5 you can't really go too wrong if you enjoyed the rest of season 1.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Grin and Tonic posted:

"In May 2013, while going through a divorce, Richardson called the police and accused her husband of mailing letters laced with the poison ricin to several politicians.[2][15]
Nathan Richardson has not been charged with any crime.[2][19][20] He told investigators that his wife set him up.[21] Investigators found evidence that Shannon Richardson mailed the ricin laced letters herself, in an effort to set up her estranged husband."

lol

If she wanted to set up her ex-spouse, maybe she could have come up with a plan that doesn't require the scrutiny of the secretService-NSA-google-machine investigating it?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Unlike the main game there isn't a lot of hours of gameplay. You get several shorter stories that give you a nice dose of gameplay and experience into twd universe, but they don't have the overall interaction with some larger storyline, or each other.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
For some reason when I played TWD Season one I got 100% more horrified/hearthbeats/chills than watching the series.

I also have to point out I absolutely love the series.

I will be playing Season two on release day for sure, closed curtains and a bowl of Spaghetti-O's. (On Tuesday or Wednesday?)

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Evernoob posted:

For some reason when I played TWD Season one I got 100% more horrified/hearthbeats/chills than watching the series.

I also have to point out I absolutely love the series.

I will be playing Season two on release day for sure, closed curtains and a bowl of Spaghetti-O's. (On Tuesday or Wednesday?)

Well it gets unlocked in 30 minutes or so.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Interesting story.

quote:

The creator of "The Walking Dead" -- one of the most popular shows on TV -- wants his pound of flesh from AMC -- to the tune of TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Frank Darabont was the mastermind who adapted the popular comic book into a series back in 2009. He claims in his suit he would get 12.5% of the profits, but he claims AMC unceremoniously fired him in 2011 and he hasn't received a penny.

Here's what he says is especially galling. The show is a juggernaut, sometimes even beating Sunday Night Football. Yet AMC tells him the show is operating at a deficit. Darabont says AMC has outright defrauded him by producing and distributing the show to itself and essentially cooking the books to screw him out of his share.

What really pisses him off ... Darabont says the creator of "Mad Men" -- which also airs on AMC -- gets a huge cut of a $3 million fee PER EPISODE, even though "Mad Men" gets less than 1/4 of the viewership of "The Walking Dead."

Darabont wants 10s of millions of dollars. And this is kinda funny. He also wants a cut of "The Talking Dead," the talk show that follows each episode.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2nn6FakFH

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Interesting story.

That link currently goes to a Justin Bieber story on TMZ.

edit- that link is to the feed on TMZ, here's the link to the article on TMZ.

Listerine fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 18, 2013

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really, really hope he wins. Frank deserves it. He's a goddamn genius, and they kicked him to the curb just like that. AMC needs to take a beating for their nonsense.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I will always root for the guy who calls bullshit on the way Hollywood cooks its books.

Harry Potter hasn't made a profit on paper. loving Return of the Jedi hasn't turned a profit on paper. It's all nonsense to keep from paying taxes and paying out royalties, and to hide losses from other projects in profitable ventures.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm sure he's right, after reading the crap they were pulling behind the scenes with all of their other good shows.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

spikenigma posted:

I don't think they'll get a better villain at this point. Unless it's an evil lady completely out of the left field.

I never read the comic, but im sure they can conjure up plenty of evil poo poo still while humanity is falling apart. How bout some cult religious leader? Plenty of evil to explore there. Thats just the first thing that pops into my mind.

Also, I too watched the first 3 seasons and the first 8 episodes of season 4 on netflix and torrents over a course of a few weeks and found them all good. I dont even bother watching series on TV anymore. I hate waiting week to week to watch poo poo and forget 1/2 of waht I already watched. I do have to say that the entire Governor plot line was kind of drawn out but overall I did enjoy the entire series so far.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
The show will do much better than the comic books as long as we don't see any (COMIC SPOILERS) Rastafarian zookeeper kings with tiger pets.

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"

Kasonic posted:

The show will do much better than the comic books as long as we don't see any (COMIC SPOILERS) Rastafarian zookeeper kings with tiger pets.

Ezekiel is a cool motherfucker, you stop that talk.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I could believe TWD does not make a profit. Half the ads seem to be plugs for AMC shows.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

euphronius posted:

I could believe TWD does not make a profit. Half the ads seem to be plugs for AMC shows.

I don't think you understand the business model of tv shows.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Darabont didn't want a million dollars worth of Hyundais

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

I don't see how it's "funny" he'd also want to be compensated for The Talking Dead?! TMZ could be taken so much more seriously if they didn't try to insert random lovely opinions into their stories that make you question everything you just read prior to it.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Midnight City posted:

I don't see how it's "funny" he'd also want to be compensated for The Talking Dead?! TMZ could be taken so much more seriously if they didn't try to insert random lovely opinions into their stories that make you question everything you just read prior to it.

TMZ has a media room at the Los Angeles Superior Court where all these law suits get filed, and they have people up there reading every single complaint filed in LA. They piece together the story from the allegations made therein, and retool the language to make it seem like they actually interviewed someone for the story. Complaints, in general, are usually very heavy handed and overly broad in their language and relief requested (and rightfully so), so you end up with a very skewed and biased perception of the facts.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
TWD Season Two came out 2 days ago, and is on sale on Steam.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

xxEightxx posted:

TWD Season Two came out 2 days ago, and is on sale on Steam.

It's just the same discount it had before release.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Anyone have the gif / video link of the Woodbury extra practicing zombie walk in the background?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Where did the large number of zombies come from to begin with. Did the virus kill some people originally and reanimate them, or was there some other event that made a bunch of people dead all at once and they reanimated.

The zombies are kind of slow

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Where did the large number of zombies come from to begin with. Did the virus kill some people originally and reanimate them, or was there some other event that made a bunch of people dead all at once and they reanimated.

Because someone cranked up the lethality symptoms for the zombie virus after it infected everyone.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Plague Inc reference?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Perfidus posted:

Plague Inc reference?

Yup

The whole bite method of transmission is why the whole concept is ridiculous.

It's a really inefficient way to spread a disease as shown by the real world example of rabies.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
If the outbreak was paired with some other event that killed a lot of people then I guess you could have instant zombie horde

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Everyone is infected so I assume the virus is airborne that means anyone who dies anywhere turns meaning that the numbers can grow quickly and even if you kill them all one sick person can trigger the whole deal again it makes sense why so many died.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
How much time was there between the Shane at the hospital flashback and Rick waking up anyway?
Even with an IV i don't think anyone could survive for longer than a week unattended.

A much more plausible way would have been that the "virus" immediately killed, then turned 90+% of the population, and that those who did not get sick and die (due to some immunity) just became carriers of the virus.
This theory is not possible though because of examples like the old people's home in Season 1. No reason they could all have been 'immune'

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Evernoob posted:

How much time was there between the Shane at the hospital flashback and Rick waking up anyway?
Even with an IV i don't think anyone could survive for longer than a week unattended.

A much more plausible way would have been that the "virus" immediately killed, then turned 90+% of the population, and that those who did not get sick and die (due to some immunity) just became carriers of the virus.
This theory is not possible though because of examples like the old people's home in Season 1. No reason they could all have been 'immune'

The amount of time between Shane and Rick waking up was bothering me as well

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

socialsecurity posted:

Everyone is infected so I assume the virus is airborne that means anyone who dies anywhere turns meaning that the numbers can grow quickly and even if you kill them all one sick person can trigger the whole deal again it makes sense why so many died.
Yeah I think that was part of why this went to hell, but that still seems like a small number of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Maybe it came along with a super bad flu year or something so something else killed people and they reanimated

I don't know, zombies aren't real, but it'd be nice to have a more concrete timeline

Did anyone watch the new mini webisode, oath?

• Locked thread