Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Is that snow for your model's base or just texture? Are you going to brush-on prime? :ohdear:

It isn't glued to the base yet. I set it up to get the posing right and mark how I wanted it after the painting was done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

krushgroove posted:

November slideshow is ready: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5958451873668703185?authkey=CJ-K-MLEx9TkBQ
Please have a look, everyone who completed their oath in November should be in there

Holeee sheeit, Moths! I just saw your truck. Apparently it had slipped past me before, but that is absolutely gangbusters!

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

krushgroove posted:

November slideshow is ready: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5958451873668703185?authkey=CJ-K-MLEx9TkBQ
Please have a look, everyone who completed their oath in November should be in there

If you notice your username in bright green Comic Sans font that'll be because you didn't put your name in your first Oath Complete photo! :P

Sorry for the lateness once again, a holiday abroad and recent sickness have taken their toll on my oath thread duties. Speaking of which, I'll be posting a bunch of stuff this week to most of the people who are awaiting their loot. Once they're in the post, I'll post who can expect stuff, and what you'll be getting.

I'm not seeing my November model in there

edit: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&userid=34048#post421456660

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Germ posted:

Holeee sheeit, Moths! I just saw your truck.

Thanks! I think that may be one of the best photos I've taken in this crazy hobby.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
:siren::flame:Oath Complete:flame::siren:

Some Gifs to show fire:

I might go back and tear away the cotton and re-do it. I understand that smoke should widen as it spreads away from the source of the fire but I did not want to cover the heldrake too much. The batteries are hidden under some loose cotton at the back. Here is a shot of the batteries still WIP:

I only had a single wall of the fuselage from a storm raven so I used some saved credit card sized things for bulking it out.

edit: **added shot from the back.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 18, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Just added yours - is anyone else missing their completed oaths in the gallery for November? I'll be sending the gallery link to the judges later today :v:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Special November Warhammer 40k prize!
There's a special prize, sponsored by goon Vondizimo, to be voted on by those of you who painted a warhammer 40k Oath in November. Here are the eligible goons who finished 40k oaths:

Khadhul
TheBlobThing
Dagon
Raphus C
Zhent
JesusIsTehCool
Buffalo squeeze
Matgash
Haydrian
Galaspar
SRM
Mmtheblue
Germ
Deanut Pancer
Lord Hypnostache
Indolent Bastard
Monoliths
Booley
Dr. Red Ranger
NTRabbit
Direwolf
drgnvale
Lord_Hambrose
JerryLee

wow! Click on the goon's name to see their Oath Complete post, and then vote for the best 40k painted stuff. Remember, only goons on this list are eligible to vote.

OK, I've tallied up the votes and the winner is...
TheBlobThing!

Drop me an email (again, I deleted after you won in June or whenever) with your full mailing address and I'll get your Death Korp of Krieg Commissar posted out post-haste!

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

OK, I've tallied up the votes and the winner is...
TheBlobThing!

Drop me an email (again, I deleted after you won in June or whenever) with your full mailing address and I'll get your Death Korp of Krieg Commissar posted out post-haste!

Thanks! And thanks for all the votes guys. I'm really pleased! This is the first time I've won something here on account of my skill with a brush, so it means a lot.

Fish and Chimps fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 18, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

WhiteOutMouse posted:

:siren::flame:Oath Complete:flame::siren:

Wow!

Uh, did you do this month's Jurnal? And is this maybe possibly your entry for Get Based Out?

Hey Krushgroove approve this:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah I was wondering if that was going to be a Get Based Out entry.

By the way, the other entries are here:
Dioramas
Display Boards
Get Based Out

Just added these to the OP last night.

ForkBanger posted:

Oh god, what date is it? The 17th? Looks like this could be a busier month than expected.

Still, I, ForkBanger, oath 6 High Elves for December.

3 are a Seaguard command group, 3 are a Phoenix Guard command group.

Accepted!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Leperflesh posted:

Wow!

Uh, did you do this month's Jurnal? And is this maybe possibly your entry for Get Based Out?

No NMM, and sure, lets call it that base thing. Sorry I am behind this season with all the oath shenanigan, and thanks for helping me remember.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

krushgroove posted:

Yeah I was wondering if that was going to be a Get Based Out entry.

By the way, the other entries are here:
Dioramas
Display Boards
Get Based Out

Just added these to the OP last night.

I did a tiny diorama in August that I don't see in the album. :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Iris of Ether posted:

I did a tiny diorama in August that I don't see in the album. :)

OK, gotcha! Thanks for checking. I'll be posting links every month so everyone can double-cross-check and make sure they're in the galleries.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

You have the diorama and display board links reversed (the diorama link goes to the display boards gallery and vice versa).

edit: I have a question about dioramas: are we allowed to use a figure that we previously painted (during this season) in them?

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 18, 2013

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
I'm Oathing 1 Prime Axiom for an Alternate Universe

some pieces are primed, others not

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Mt. ORourke posted:

Accepted

A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost
I, A_Bluenoser, oath these 48 Napoleonic French line infantry. They are 6mm from Baccus Miniatures.

After a very busy semester at school re-training for a new career I finally have a bit of time to paint. Probably the last time too until the spring if the second semester is as busy as the first.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

A_Bluenoser posted:

I, A_Bluenoser, oath these 48 Napoleonic French line infantry. They are 6mm from Baccus Miniatures.

Uhhh could we get a close-up on those guys' faces?

Just kidding! Either way, Accepted!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I, bhsman, do oath to complete one Ariadna Veteran Kazak w/HMG from Corvus Belli's Infinity line. :ussr:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

bhsman posted:

I, bhsman, do oath to complete one Ariadna Veteran Kazak w/HMG from Corvus Belli's Infinity line. :ussr:

Accepted!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mt. ORourke posted:

Manufacturer/scale, please?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Looks like I'm failing my oath this month, health issues and Christmas prep sapped away all my time.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I've not even started painting mine and I'm not that fatalistic yet. You can do it! There's time after Christmas.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Iris of Ether posted:

I, Iris of Ether, oath the following: (1) Gael Chariot, (2) Gael Swordswomen. Figures are I-Kore (Celtos line), 28mm.

You ever get one of those ideas that's both terrible and required?

I, Iris of Ether, make an oath addition of (1) Kobold Patriot Raider, 28mm scale, Reaper Bones. :911:

I also intend on making a little display board for my Gael Chariot/Horses, shown unpainted in the picture. (If this isn't big enough for a display board, let me know. I have a secondary idea, though I'm having trouble finding cheap ~1x1" cross-section pylons for it.)

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

no prospect of an end.

Leperflesh posted:

Manufacturer/scale, please?

Privateer Press, 28mm

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Is it too late to oath? :ohdear:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of December, this Malifaux Student of Conflict.

Luckily, I get to stay in Brisbane over Christmas, so I can use the time my bf is away to get it done.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

I also intend on making a little display board for my Gael Chariot/Horses, shown unpainted in the picture. (If this isn't big enough for a display board, let me know. I have a secondary idea, though I'm having trouble finding cheap ~1x1" cross-section pylons for it.)

I don't think we ever really specified a minimum size (I'll let Krushgroove comment) but I think that looks maybe more like a diorama than a display board?

Mt. ORourke posted:

Privateer Press, 28mm

Thank you sir.

Schmetterling posted:

It is not too late! The deadline is 1 week before the end of the year, which in December will always be Christmas (Christmas is always one week before New Year's).

So that means midnight christmas eve GMT is our deadline.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

I don't think we ever really specified a minimum size (I'll let Krushgroove comment) but I think that looks maybe more like a diorama than a display board?

If it helps to clarify, I wanted to keep the horses as separate pieces (in case I ever need to use them for an RPG), so I've based everything separately. The board is to have them actually work as a single piece.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

no prospect of an end.
:yayclod: Oath Complete! :yayclod:
3 Reflex Servitors, 3 Attunement servitors, 1 Steelsoul protector, 1 Mitigator, 1 Galvanizer

Claiming Themed Group
No journal again, just happy to be getting things painted

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Alternate Universe Oath Complete!:siren:

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Additional December oath: 1 Repenter, 1 Crusader, 1 Vanquisher:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

Red Shoe fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 21, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Iris of Ether posted:

You ever get one of those ideas that's both terrible and required?

I, Iris of Ether, make an oath addition of (1) Kobold Patriot Raider, 28mm scale, Reaper Bones. :911:

This is a fine idea, however it's not really the intent of the display board. Like Leperflesh says a size is not specified but the OP says "What’s a display board? Basically it’s nice themed display for your army to sit on." 40K and WHFB (I think) tournamet display board comps usually are 2 feet square on a side, and even for Malifaux, Warmachine, etc., an army display board would be a pretty good size, I'd think at least 1 foot square on a side, more for a big Warmachine group. So couple of models does not make up an army, but I would definitely call that a 'base', so you could oath it as a Diorama or a Get Based Out entry. Let us know what you plan to do, either paint it as a regular oath or make it a GBO entry, or whatever.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of December, this Malifaux Student of Conflict.

Not too late!

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Additional December oath: 1 Repenter, 1 Crusader, 1 Vanquisher:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

You make me feel so drat lazy.

These last two oaths are Accepted!

Iris of Ether, let us know what you plan to do with your base.

That reminds me, the DEADLINE FOR NEW OATHS IS TUESDAY AT MIDNIGHT GMT!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

krushgroove posted:

Iris of Ether, let us know what you plan to do with your base.

It'll just be a base, then. I already have a diorama entry. I need to think about what I want to do for a display board, though, as I don't really do any wargaming.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Iris of Ether posted:

It'll just be a base, then. I already have a diorama entry. I need to think about what I want to do for a display board, though, as I don't really do any wargaming.

OK - then consider your Get Based Oath Accepted - remember it's an oath that needs to be finished within the oath month, so it needs to be finished by the 31st.

For the display board, it doesn't need to be something you'll actually take to a tournament, just a nice themed base that you set all your models on - think of something you'd proudly display on a shelf in your home. If your game/model setting is a snowy area the flock on the display board can be white or rocky, etc. Also, Some people put areas for the model bases to fit into, most don't. It's up to you. Size is variable as well; for example, a historical wargamer might put a regiment of Napoleonic infantry on a really small base, but a 40K player with a 2,000 pt army might use a 2' x 2' board to build onto.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I oath this Gûlavhar, the Terror of Arnor

Having been working on something for the last 3 weeks, I now don't think I'll have time to paint it properly. Soooo onto plan b! I've been wanting to paint something organic like it was made out of liquid metal....

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Namenlos posted:

I oath this Gûlavhar, the Terror of Arnor

That looks awesome. I'm afraid to not accept it, it's sure to haunt even my happiest dreams for weeks. So, in case that case, Accepted!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

OK - then consider your Get Based Oath Accepted

I'm pretty sure he said he's just doing it as a base, not as Get Based Out.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ah right.

Iris of Ether posted:

Can you just confirm what you're planning to do? A normal base or a Get Based Out entry? Either is fine, just need to know for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Do get based out entries need to be made by ourselves, or can they be a premade resin base that we paint?

• Locked thread