Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Roobsa posted:

I'm feeling pretty dumb at the moment as I can't find a search feature in the app. Is there one?

Hasn't yet been implemented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Got a bug for you, can't cancel out of composing a PM. And when it's sent, you cant exit, need to force close. Also an option to view sent PM's would be nice.

step aside
Sep 21, 2011
So I've been using the app and I think I've moved beyond kneejerk reactions.

My impressions of the iPhone app (haven't used the iPad one enough to form a fair opinion)

What I like:
-Swipe to go back is finally here. Honestly the biggest thing missing from the old app.
-I don't have any opinions about the HTML parser or whatever that was written but I imagine that it was a lot of work and I haven't experienced any obvious issues with it so that's good.

What I don't like:
-Join date seems really unnecessary. It's already in the profile but even if it wasn't, I don't think there's any real point having it up there instead of post time.
-Like others have stated, I'm not a fan of burying the menu several layers deep. What I think would make sense would be to keep the four buttons at the bottom, but have go away when you're scrolling down in a thread. It would reappear if you quickly scroll up. You already do something similar with the parent thread / previous posts / scroll to bottom links. I think the Pinterest iPhone app is a really good example of what I'm talking about.
-I still think that the card format for the posts that the old app had was better, but if you're going to do full width posts then I think something like the mockup here (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564303&userid=41741&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post418446021) is ideal. There needs to be more separation between the av & username and the post itself.

e: Here's what I mean w/ the second point.

The first is the initial view. Start scrolling down and it changes to the second. Scroll up a bit and you get the first again. Like I said, the Pinterest app does a good job with this. This would allow you to keep those menu items accessible no matter where you are, but also get out of the way when they aren't needed.

step aside fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 19, 2013

Coal
Jan 15, 2008
I overcompensate for my tiny penis by stealing games worth less than a cheeseburger on a phone worth 400 cheeseburgers.
I'm using an iPhone 5 running the 7.0 firmware. I think the new look is pretty great, but I have noticed a bug. I'm absolutely unable to go into my bookmarks. Anytime I try, the app just crashes. Thought you guys might want to know, although it sounds like a lot of you aren't having this issue.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
After using for a bit, here's what I have found. This pertains to the iPhone because I haven't really used the iPad version enough to make a real opinion of it aside from it would be nice if the first navigation bar could be hidden.

(I mainly browse bookmarks when using the app.)

Possible Bug (iPhone 5S/Verizon/32GB/iOS 7.0.4):
For some reason if I navigate back to bookmarks and home out of the app, when I reopen the app it doesn't update to check for new post.
I have tried quitting out of the app, then reopening. I have tried rebooting the phone but the issue persist. I have experience on LTE and WIFI so I don't know what to make of it.

Other thoughts:
Overall I like the redesign a lot (the swipe back gesture is typically useful on the iPhone) but I do have some critiques. The text size could be smaller, perhaps a point or half point smaller font. I could see having a dedicated in app font settings button being useful instead of the hamburger settings (which honestly to me are settings you would probably use once in a while instead of frequently).

As stated above I typically browse my bookmarks when using the app but when I venture out of them the navigation scheme does seem cumbersome. It's mainly the swipe back to bookmarks then hit the drawer to bring up the buttons to hit the forums button which I find cumbersome. I believe the bottom navigation bar of the previous version was better for browsing through different forums and un-bookmarked threads.

There should be a noticeable distinction to read post. Bringing back the blue shading of read post would be fine.

Those are my gripes with the redesign as of now. Thanks for the work and for listening to the criticism.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I still think that the card format for the posts that the old app had was better,
[/quote]

I thought that at first but I'm sold on the 100% with fatter separation between posts. I've been working on the templates tonight and below shows the wider seperation, tighter spacing between username and join date (and join date is a hair smaller), and a dark red post color.

step aside
Sep 21, 2011

The Dave posted:

I thought that at first but I'm sold on the 100% with fatter separation between posts. I've been working on the templates tonight and below shows the wider seperation, tighter spacing between username and join date (and join date is a hair smaller), and a dark red post color.

That's definitely an improvement over what's in the app right now. I'm still not sure whether I like that better than the cards but I guess I'd have to see it in use.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Even at a hair smaller that Join Date text just seems to take up space for no reason. The forums themselves relegate the date to an insignificant amount of text but putting it right front and center and adding "Joined" in front of it just makes it seem obtrusive for me, even a few days later.

If you really feel like there needs to be something in that space, I think somehow custom title text (obviously stripped of giant size or whatever) would be way more useful for identifying posters than reg dates.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Weird, very specific issue: I quoted someone and was deleting some of their text to shorten the quote; it would be fine until I backspaced over a blank paragraph break, and then the app would crash. Happened twice. Don't know if it's the app, the quote, or what.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Another thing is that the fact that the sidebar is constantly there in portrait mode on the iPad is pretty indefensible. Obviously landscape has always been the superior browsing orientation but it was nice to be able to hold my iPad like a magazine and read through topics that way.

Edit: I'm an idiot who didn't explore the buttons properly. That having been said, I did like the always-on/swipe-in sidebar dichotomy of the old app better.

illcendiary fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 19, 2013

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I guess it's worth asking, but do you guys have a solid beta testing team? You could organize one filled with 5 - 15 goons and have it all done through TestFlight.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

noirstronaut posted:

I guess it's worth asking, but do you guys have a solid beta testing team? You could organize one filled with 5 - 15 goons and have it all done through TestFlight.

There's a testing team. You'd have to ask Pokeyman how many are really active on it. The main problem is when you get into major "suits my needs" territory, and you get blind spots. For instance, it doesn't seem like there were many users on iPads complaining. For me personally, I never noticed YOSPOS switching to GreenPOS on restart because I would test a theme and switch it back to green because I'm not an idiot amberposer.

In reality we probably close to exhausted the supply of people willing to go out of their way to Testflight and complain. I mean really we're lucky that we have people who will get on here and bitch when a release doesn't suit their needs. Getting a good test group that isn't up it's own rear end is hella hard, and it's really better that we get feedback instead of people silently dropping off and messing up our ~user retention~.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Agreeing that the post separation looks awesome and that custom title text should go where join date is.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Replace the regdate with the post's timestamp and put the three dots button to the right of that.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
I definitely don't want to see custom titles. Just a waste of space.

^^^^^^ and I agree with that

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I actually prefer it at the bottom right of a post, it's more natural to have it right there for easy access if I want to quote somebody, especially longer posts.

I do agree that reg dates can probably disappear, but I don't think that space necessarily needs to be used for anything. It can just be empty space, cropped a bit more. It gives more screen real estate for posts.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm interested in how this works. I posted in this thread, and then opened, read, and posted in the TF2 thread. I refreshed my bookmarks, and... This thread was higher up than the TF2 thread? They were both at 0 new posts, last post by me, but somehow the Awful App thread was listed higher.

Quirky.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
No idea if that has something to do with how the app handles things, but I've had that happen on the forums as well so it may not be an app-specific quirk.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Replace the regdate with the post's timestamp and put the three dots button to the right of that.

Yep.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I like the update a lot, though I only read my bookmarked threads and I didn't update my iPad yet. I'm also waiting for updates to the dark theme.

Can there be an indication that your bookmarks view is refreshing? If I'm in the middle of the list and it's refreshing, I open the wrong thread when the order suddenly switches.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Sorry for the omnibus answer post, I think this addresses all outstanding questions/comments. If I've skipped over you, apologies, can you ask again?

1997 posted:

Edit: I forgot to ask, is the CSS for posts view in this version editable too?

Nope. Took it out to simplify a rework and didn't get around to putting back in.

Emron posted:

Why is reading two threads at once something you don't want to support, out of curiosity? Is it a pain on the backend? I know literally nothing about coding so this is just curiosity, not criticism.

I actually want to support reading any number of threads at once. I just haven't figured out a good way to do it. That you could read two threads at once in the past was a quirk of the tab-based flow and (for my part) unintentional.

McFunkerson posted:

A question, I haven't got a PM yet with the new app, is there any kind of indication a new PM has been received without going all the way back to the main Nav?

Nope. The "Private Messages" row in the main nav screen will have an unread count, but that's it. I've toyed with setting Awful's app badge (like Mail) but I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Mason Dixon posted:

- Why is a link to this thread in the settings? I can see why you'd want a permanent link to this thread, but it would make more sense to me to have it as a permanently bookmarked thread, which always shows at the top of the bookmark list.

I wanted a link to the thread that was unobtrusive yet handy so that people could more quickly report bugs, and to point the way for people who aren't aware of the thread (maybe they searched the App Store and don't frequent IYG). Monopolizing everyone's top bookmark for the app sounds like a terrible tradeoff for almost everyone involved.

he1ixx (and others before and after) posted:

Is there a way to always open to Bookmarks? I'm not seeing it but it'd be nice if it was there.

This is the answer:

death .cab for qt posted:

On a similar note, I really enjoy the new way the app handles reloading itself, which is to reload the current thread's page instead of redirecting to the Bookmarks/Forums tab. Oftentimes I'll tab back in, only to lose my page on a thread, but now it's less of an issue.
If you were in the Bookmarks tab when you left Awful, you should be in the Bookmarks tab when you come back. (As an aside, we're not saving/restoring the scroll position yet, but that's something I want to tackle.)

ultramiraculous posted:

There's a testing team. You'd have to ask Pokeyman how many are really active on it.

I have 13 people in Awful's TestFlight. Three are key contributors to the app. I think one or two haven't updated to iOS 7. That leaves 8 or 9 non-developer testers for Awful 2. There are 10 iPhones, 1 iPod, and 9 iPads among the 13 of us. Skimming the Awful 2 builds, I received TestFlight feedback 2 from three people (which doesn't mean much; there are other channels that testers use for feedback).

It's probably worth shaking up the testing team. There's a few people I haven't heard from in a long, long time. And some more diverse usage patterns would certainly help. And understanding what usage patterns we currently cover would help too!

I'm interested in how this works. I posted in this thread, and then opened, read, and posted in the TF2 thread. I refreshed my bookmarks, and... This thread was higher up than the TF2 thread? They were both at 0 new posts, last post by me, but somehow the Awful App thread was listed higher.

Quirky.

A mixture of how Awful sorts threads (descending by last post date), when Awful updates the last post date of a thread (loading a thread list and loading the last page of posts (which happens immediately after you post)), and the Forums doing some weird poo poo on occasion. (Try posting then quickly F5ing your bookmarks. I've seen the thread take a minute or two to sort properly, even though I'm listed as the last poster.)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If you need more people for the testing team, I'd totally be down :shobon: All I've got is an iPhone (5S), but I've been using Awful daily for about 6 months at this point and would be glad to give feedback.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I think I'll put the call out after a few days, let things settle down a bit. And I need to get in touch with the less talkative testers to see what's up.

I'll post here when I'm looking, and what I'm looking for.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Coal posted:

I'm using an iPhone 5 running the 7.0 firmware. I think the new look is pretty great, but I have noticed a bug. I'm absolutely unable to go into my bookmarks. Anytime I try, the app just crashes. Thought you guys might want to know, although it sounds like a lot of you aren't having this issue.

Same here. Even uninstalling/reinstalling didn't fix it :(

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
What's the progress with the old version being added to the appstore as a classic version? I know somebody said they were doing it but can't find the post. I really can't stand not having the swipe to bring in the thread list/bookmarks on my iPad. Its a huge pain reaching for the little > < button every time when its in such an awkward place. I gather the update is pretty good on iphones but its pretty busted on ipads.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

User popups are not wide enough in beta build. Was also thinking, shouldn't we black out the screen below the popup a little?

Edit: same for post actions.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I actually prefer it at the bottom right of a post, it's more natural to have it right there for easy access if I want to quote somebody, especially longer posts.

I do agree that reg dates can probably disappear, but I don't think that space necessarily needs to be used for anything. It can just be empty space, cropped a bit more. It gives more screen real estate for posts.

So this is because the thinking behind things. Before iOS7 even, we wanted to split up user actions and post actions.

Quoting is also probably the most used post action, and it doesn't make sense to have that action before the post. So the space opened up under the username and join date was just more data from the main site we could put there.

We tried custom titles. They are just almost all way way too long. Even on iPad.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The Dave posted:

User popups are not wide enough in beta build. Was also thinking, shouldn't we black out the screen below the popup a little?

Edit: same for post actions.

It seems like it's just taking the width of the popup's title. So sometimes it's not that bad:

And sometimes it's ridiculous:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Awwww what a cute little guy. Also diabolical, feel free to tweak my changes, they felt more like putting out a fire than a serious design task.

Amber yospos also seems to change all
Border colors to amber, which isn't ideal.

Edit: might need to look into removing the fat bottom border on the last post. Oh my god I'm just rambling now

The Dave fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Dec 19, 2013

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The popup also seems to have a fixed height, so if the title is too long you get a really short cancel button.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Is that grey new? Because that grey is really nice on the eyes.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's the blackout from the overlay.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I think the whole blue/black read/unread post thing has something to do with whether or not it's the last page of a thread. I could be wrong, but here's what I think I'm noticing.

Let's say I read up to the end of a thread, which was in the middle of page 30. Overnight a bunch of people post and bump the thread to page 31. When I go back into the thread, the entirety of page 30 is blue, even the posts I've never read. And the entirety of the last page is black, which it should be. But sometimes if I've read the entire last page and there are new posts on that page the entire thread is black.

Basically that was a really long way of saying I think the read/unread feature is somehow tied to whether or not it's the last page and it's all or nothing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

pokeyman posted:

I actually want to support reading any number of threads at once. I just haven't figured out a good way to do it. That you could read two threads at once in the past was a quirk of the tab-based flow and (for my part) unintentional.

Safari style tabs maybe? That way the feature would work on the phones too.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

xzzy posted:

Safari style tabs maybe? That way the feature would work on the phones too.

My knee jerk response would be maybe a slide from right menu. Regardless I think a slide from right menu is a neat idea. Or I guess anything that slides in from the right even next page.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Diabolik900 posted:

The popup also seems to have a fixed height, so if the title is too long you get a really short cancel button.

I'm assuming you're using the beta build? I don't have any of the issues you've brought up.

Mahoning posted:

I think the whole blue/black read/unread post thing has something to do with whether or not it's the last page of a thread. I could be wrong, but here's what I think I'm noticing.

Let's say I read up to the end of a thread, which was in the middle of page 30. Overnight a bunch of people post and bump the thread to page 31. When I go back into the thread, the entirety of page 30 is blue, even the posts I've never read. And the entirety of the last page is black, which it should be. But sometimes if I've read the entire last page and there are new posts on that page the entire thread is black.

Basically that was a really long way of saying I think the read/unread feature is somehow tied to whether or not it's the last page and it's all or nothing.

It's definitely doing some weird poo poo. If I go back from the last page (sometimes it'll be blue, sometimes black) of a fully read thread that previous page will at first load up all blue (you can't interact with it at that moment), and then turn black as if it was turning them all unread. The app crashed once when doing this. After restarting the app for a smidgeon of a second before the bookmarks were reloaded, the number of unread posts corresponded to that whole page being unread. After it refreshed, however, the unread post count went back to 0.

(iPhone 5)

Sorry if any of the following was already mentioned and acknowledged.

Bug:
-I can't load bookmarks past the first page. Force closing the app does not alleviate the issue. It'll pause for a second as if it were loading the next set in, but after it resumes, only the first page is there.

UI stuff:
- The number for unread posts for yellow starred bookmarks is hard to read with the white skin. This is a carryover from the last version but it seems worse now for some reason. Maybe use a small strip of color instead of coloring the number?

-Is it stupid that I'd prefer the slide to left menu options to be at the bottom/middle not the top, making them easier to access with the thumb? Also, why is there a seperator between all the options except Forums and Bookmarks? That said, I think I preferred the bottom tabs of the last versions. IMO a slide away side bar would make sense if there were more options/stuff to do, but there's only 2, 3 maybe 4 options you're going to be selecting with any regularity.

-Really minor complaint, but do you think you could center align the icons in popup menus when there's enough room to fit them all (i.e., no scrolling needed). It just looks off.

-Am I loosing my mind or was swipe to delete in the previous version? Why get rid of it?

-As others have said, the Joined date seems unnecessary. I'd replace it with the post date, as others also suggested, and get rid of the clock icon which seems redundant. But, yes, please keep the post options/quote button at the end of the post. I think it'd be fine alone without additional text taking up the free space. Some free space is nice for readability.

-I assume you're going to change the shade of grey for white skin read posts. Please also consider changing the base white to a light grey or other slightly tinted light color to make it a little less harsh on the eyes.

-Maybe it's just me, but the toggles (Avatars/Images) in dark mode aren't immediately clear which state they're in. I don't think you need to change them from the standard ones.

One thing I've always missed from the Android app is the ability to go the last read thread (it's always cached). Pressing back by mistake happens, and occasionally you'll actually need to pop out to check something. But if this would be solved if you're indeed planning to implement muli-thread browsing.

Please keep it there.

step aside posted:

That's definitely an improvement over what's in the app right now. I'm still not sure whether I like that better than the cards but I guess I'd have to see it in use.

I don't understand the attraction to a card lay out.

The Dave posted:

My knee jerk response would be maybe a slide from right menu. Regardless I think a slide from right menu is a neat idea. Or I guess anything that slides in from the right even next page.

In my personal opinion having too many slide functions can get annoying, but on the other hand as I said earlier I don't think the current slide to left menu justifies itself (too few options).

Thanks for keeping the app alive, hope some of this was useful.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

After using it some more, it's annoying switching between bookmarks and forums, especially from within a thread.

I was thinking maybe a long press on the back button always brings up the bookmarks/forums/settings menu? Quick press could work just as it does now.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Rinkles posted:

I'm assuming you're using the beta build? I don't have any of the issues you've brought up.

Yeah he's on the beta build.

Rinkles posted:

Bug:
-I can't load bookmarks past the first page. Force closing the app does not alleviate the issue. It'll pause for a second as if it were loading the next set in, but after it resumes, only the first page is there.

Completely broke at the moment =/

Rinkles posted:

UI stuff:
- The number for unread posts for yellow starred bookmarks is hard to read with the white skin. This is a carryover from the last version but it seems worse now for some reason. Maybe use a small strip of color instead of coloring the number?

You're right. The future plan is using vertical strips of color for book mark coloring, and making all unread counts a single darker color.

Rinkles posted:

-Is it stupid that I'd prefer the slide to left menu options to be at the bottom/middle not the top, making them easier to access with the thumb? Also, why is there a seperator between all the options except Forums and Bookmarks? That said, I think I preferred the bottom tabs of the last versions. IMO a slide away side bar would make sense if there were more options/stuff to do, but there's only 2, 3 maybe 4 options you're going to be selecting with any regularity.

Yes this menu was designed behind the idea of a full featured app with links to archives, search, awfulpedia etc. The middle alignment of items in the mean time when there's just 4/5 items is an interesting thought.

Rinkles posted:

-Really minor complaint, but do you think you could center align the icons in popup menus when there's enough room to fit them all (i.e., no scrolling needed). It just looks off.

Yeah I like the idea in the app, but it doesn't come off as smooth as hoped. Think I'm pushing for 'pages' in that menu with dot indicators for quantity / current page that someone else brought up.

Rinkles posted:

-Am I loosing my mind or was swipe to delete in the previous version? Why get rid of it?

Reiterating: Nothing was REMOVED from the app. The app was rebuilt from the ground up, this was missed and will show back up.

Rinkles posted:

-As others have said, the Joined date seems unnecessary. I'd replace it with the post date, as others also suggested, and get rid of the clock icon which seems redundant. But, yes, please keep the post options/quote button at the end of the post. I think it'd be fine alone without additional text taking up the free space. Some free space is nice for readability.

Not buying this yet, please still futzing (technical terms) with the styling of dates.

Rinkles posted:

-I assume you're going to change the shade of grey for white skin read posts. Please also consider changing the base white to a light grey or other slightly tinted light color to make it a little less harsh on the eyes.

I'll look into it maybe a #ddd or something.

Rinkles posted:

I don't understand the attraction to a card lay out.

When dealing with a thread of comments / different points of information it's just a very easy way to visually tell when an item starts / stops.

Rinkles posted:

In my personal opinion having too many slide functions can get annoying, but on the other hand as I said earlier I don't think the current slide to left menu justifies itself (too few options).

Could be, I enjoyed it in the pre-ios7 facebook build though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The Dave posted:

I'll look into it maybe a #ddd or something.

Thank you. A tiny bit of customization would be really neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

pokeyman posted:

I wanted a link to the thread that was unobtrusive yet handy so that people could more quickly report bugs, and to point the way for people who aren't aware of the thread (maybe they searched the App Store and don't frequent IYG). Monopolizing everyone's top bookmark for the app sounds like a terrible tradeoff for almost everyone involved.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm curious if the majority of people would object to a stickied bookmark of this thread, as I don't see that being nearly as big of a deal as you do. My main objections to the link being in Settings are that, well, a link is definitely not a setting, it isn't quickly accessible, and it's not at all intuitive to think that's where a user would look for it.

If you really don't want it as a stickied bookmark, then how about putting it as the last link in the current quick-nav menu? That menu is not hurting for space, it won't take up a slot from anybody's personalized bookmark view, and would be accessible quicker and make somewhat more sense there than its current location. Just so long as it's not in Settings, that really bothers me.

Also, I know somebody mentioned this bug earlier, but I also had the app crash when editing down part of a quoted post (your post, actually). I can consistently get it to happen with your full quoted post if I start at the end of the last paragraph, hold down the backspace key until I've deleted that paragraph and the one above it, let go of backspace (so the cursor is at the beginning of the last erased line, with the blank lines separating the paragraphs still above it), then hit backspace again and the app crashes.

• Locked thread