Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
Yeah I did all the realm list change poo poo earlier today, server seemed fine for a bit but I started getting terrible lag and couldn't log back in . I'm out right now so I'll check it again when I get home in an hour or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
Anyone know of any good guilds horde side? Good meaning they aren't just filled with a bunch of people spamming reddit memes in world chat non stop.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
No, they don't exist. Roll alliance

mewse
May 2, 2006

FutuerBear posted:

To fix the addon thing, you'd just need to update the name of the "Emerald Dream" folder in your account's WTF directory. They changed the realm name to something like "Emerald Dream x1 blizzlike 420 blazeit" now that it's on the same realmlist with the other realms.

My Clique bindings were discarded so I did a mass replace of "Emerald Dream" with "Emerald Dream [1x] Blizzlike" in that folder and it replaced 50(!!!) occurances and fixed my clique bindings

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

mewse posted:

My Clique bindings were discarded so I did a mass replace of "Emerald Dream" with "Emerald Dream [1x] Blizzlike" in that folder and it replaced 50(!!!) occurances and fixed my clique bindings

Hmm, how did you do this?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Notepad++, Search > Find in Files...

Make sure "Match whole word only" and "match case" are enabled then hit the "Replace in Files" buttan

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Server down? I'm stuck on authenticating.

Edit: nm, didn't read previous page.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 19, 2013

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren:

For the raid tonight, we will try to start as early as possible but realize people have to fix the account stuff first.

Planning to use the Onyxia head in Stormwind at about 7:30 if there are enough people ready to go.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We are heading to MC now, still have 7 spots in the raid, log on dudes.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...

mewse posted:

Yep. Also: if you use auctioneer you also need to do an additional case-sensitive F&R for "emerald dream-alliance" to "emerald dream [1x] blizzlike-alliance" if you want your auctioneer db to make the transition.

Scrolling Combat Text (and SCTd), ItemRack, and a few others had server-specific profiles called out that needed to be F&R'd to the new server name too, so it might be worth just doing a global F&R on *.lua under your savedvariables dir.

Edit: changing the name of the realm was A Great Idea, Thank You Feenix For Doing It.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

YardKGnome posted:

Seems fine. Make sure you followed the instructions in those links and updated your realmlist.wtf file with:
code:
set realmlist vanillafeenix.servegame.org

Does that have quotes around it or not? Edit: Never mind, the quotes are automatically put in. Either way, I'm stuck at authenticating but have done everything instructed, including changing the realmlist both with and without quotes

Jenny of Oldstones fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 19, 2013

mewse
May 2, 2006

Desmond posted:

Does that have quotes around it or not? Edit: Never mind, the quotes are automatically put in. Either way, I'm stuck at authenticating but have done everything instructed, including changing the realmlist both with and without quotes

There should be no quotation marks in the realmlist.wtf file

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

mewse posted:

There should be no quotation marks in the realmlist.wtf file

There were quotes in the wtf config file, but I realized that I needed to set the new realm in the realmlist.wtf file, which I have since done. Now I just can't connect at all.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rename config.wtf to something else and the client will generate a new one

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

mewse posted:

Rename config.wtf to something else and the client will generate a new one

Thanks, finally got it working!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Is it just me, or is ED sorta down at the moment?

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.

siig posted:

Yep. Also: if you use auctioneer you also need to do an additional case-sensitive F&R for "emerald dream-alliance" to "emerald dream [1x] blizzlike-alliance" if you want your auctioneer db to make the transition.

Scrolling Combat Text (and SCTd), ItemRack, and a few others had server-specific profiles called out that needed to be F&R'd to the new server name too, so it might be worth just doing a global F&R on *.lua under your savedvariables dir.

So how do I do the global F&R?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Vander posted:

So how do I do the global F&R?

mewse posted:

Notepad++, Search > Find in Files...

Make sure "Match whole word only" and "match case" are enabled then hit the "Replace in Files" buttan

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
drat, ICQ with the silent quote replied to by previous quote mega-slam :iceburn:.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

His avatar makes it even funnier.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Anyone else stuck on authenticating? Is the server down?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I kept getting kicked off last night during the raid, then got stuck at retrieving character list for like 20 minutes and just gave up. They're probably still working through some merge bug nonsense with the accounts.

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
They said yesterday they're under a DDoS attack again and I was having those problems most of the day before I gave up. I was fine come raid time, though. Feenix.txt :downs:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Who would DDOS a private WoW server? Some disgruntled idiot who got banned?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

siig posted:

Edit: changing the name of the realm was A Great Idea, Thank You Feenix For Doing It.

Could somebody post the auctioneer version you're using? I didn't see it in the add-ons listed and searching for it on google just turns up a whole lot of auctions for characters on Emerald Dream.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

Goodpancakes posted:

Who would DDOS a private WoW server? Some disgruntled idiot who got banned?

In the emu world it's usually competing private servers

Takun
Apr 28, 2006

I hope that's not pita bread
Been looking to get back into this, Ofelia could use an invite.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'd really like to play this but 200 ping, ugh.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'd really like to play this but 200 ping, ugh.

Thanks for that j4g.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

Firos posted:

Thanks for that j4g.

3 so far. :getin:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Looks to be borked at the moment. Website won't even load.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

the posted:

Looks to be borked at the moment. Website won't even load.

Are you going to https://www.emeralddream.com? That site has been discontinued. Everything is now through https://www.wow-one.com.

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
Server is all hosed up this morning. I've been disconnected 3 times in the past half hour already and now can't log back in.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

DrSeRRoD posted:

Are you going to https://www.emeralddream.com? That site has been discontinued. Everything is now through https://www.wow-one.com.

ah well that makes sense

and yeah the server seems to be working fine now

YardKGnome
Jan 18, 2003
Grimey Drawer

the posted:

ah well that makes sense

and yeah the server seems to be working fine now

You jinxed it, gone down twice in 10m.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
It's been down every time I have tried to log in in the last couple days.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

TheGreySpectre posted:

It's been down every time I have tried to log in in the last couple days.

You missed a step then...

It's been up all day

Stryfe
Jun 20, 2006
Death is instant, Pain will end, glory is forever
I have made an in-depth guide to herb farming for you guys so I wouldn't need to repeat myself every time a baddie asked how to make money. You can find it in LGW forums under the Guides Section. http://getweirdwith.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=457.
In the thread there's a link to my Cartographer addon folder which has all the Herb nodes already installed on it. So if you want those, just follow the instructions.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Good stuff, that was quite detailed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Yeah, thanks Negotiator

• Locked thread