Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

triplexpac posted:

Have you done other custom wrestling figures? I'm always fascinated by customs.

I've made myself a great Mattel Hogan, swapped some Daniel Bryan parts around to make my favorite attire (Team Hell No with the pentagram pads), Andre the Giant (Paul Wight + and Andre head is much cheaper than Mattel's Andre), and made a Jinder Mahal complete with vest and turban (shut up I like him). It's shockingly easy to do compared to my favorite hobby, which is custom transformers figures. Feel free to PM if you want any help, I promise to be more pleasant than the Ringside Collectibles forum, which seems to be 99% homeless people with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I've made myself a great Mattel Hogan, swapped some Daniel Bryan parts around to make my favorite attire (Team Hell No with the pentagram pads), Andre the Giant (Paul Wight + and Andre head is much cheaper than Mattel's Andre), and made a Jinder Mahal complete with vest and turban (shut up I like him). It's shockingly easy to do compared to my favorite hobby, which is custom transformers figures. Feel free to PM if you want any help, I promise to be more pleasant than the Ringside Collectibles forum, which seems to be 99% homeless people with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Oh I don't really want to attempt it myself.. but I'd love to see your stuff! I guess the wrestling photo thread is the proper place, but you should post an imgur gallery or something.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Why cookie Rocket posted:

This is definitely the first I've heard of kitbashed wrestling figurines.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'll post my own work later but I recommend browsing here if you're interested:

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigures.php?op=3&id=92

And if you're not, I apologize for making GBS threads the thread.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Has Liger ever had an IWGP Heavyweight title match?

No, but he had a non-title match with Hashimoto when Hash was champion. Liger held the IWGP Junior title at the time.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Why did Goldberg's WWE debut get such a small pop?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tyma posted:

Why did Goldberg's WWE debut get such a small pop?

It was 2 years since he had been relevant AND it was in Seattle. They did one night of hype for it, too, IIRC.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, and the crowd knew it was coming and they drew it out way too long. The Goldberg chant over Rock's promo was so loud that, like the Bryan thing, Rock had to acknowledge it.

Why the hell are they so set on doing WCW focused stuff in the Northwest?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Well, and the crowd knew it was coming and they drew it out way too long. The Goldberg chant over Rock's promo was so loud that, like the Bryan thing, Rock had to acknowledge it.

Why the hell are they so set on doing WCW focused stuff in the Northwest?

So they could kill it once and for good.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That is WWE's thing, yes. Sabotage something to death, then point out how much it must have sucked.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

DeathChicken posted:

That is WWE's thing, yes. Sabotage something to death, then point out how much it must have sucked.

Thats what the republican party does with the government too so it must be a pretty good strategy.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DeathChicken posted:

"Bryan will never get over"

"See this guy? He's not the guy. He's too short. He's a nobody."

"See! Bryan didn't get over."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LordPants posted:

"Bryan will never get over"

"See this guy? He's not the guy. He's too short. He's a nobody."

"See! Bryan didn't get over."
Ah yes, they definitely sabotaged Daniel Bryan, that's why crowds have been consistently going apeshit for him.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

rotinaj posted:

It was 2 years since he had been relevant AND it was in Seattle. They did one night of hype for it, too, IIRC.

Yup, if I recall not even the IWC back then was aware of Goldberg's signing with WWE at the time.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Justin Godscock posted:

Yup, if I recall not even the IWC back then was aware of Goldberg's signing with WWE at the time.

Pretty sure word was out beforehand. They had a hype video the at WrestleMania the night before he debuted on Raw.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Goldberg was known to be in active WWE negotiations for months before he came in. If memory serves the original plan was to do the Goldberg/Rock match at WrestleMania, but they couldn't close the gap on his number of dates and Japanese commitments quickly enough which was why they ended up instafeuding Rock with Austin basically out of nowhere.

Dey Yah
Dec 18, 2010
So in WWE cage matches now you can win with a pinfall, submission, or by escaping the cage. I remember the stipulation used to only be escaping the cage. When did this change happen, and was it just an accommodation for one wrestler or one spot or what?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Endorph posted:

Ah yes, they definitely sabotaged Daniel Bryan, that's why crowds have been consistently going apeshit for him.
Dude. These two things are not mutually inclusive. While they didn't bury the guy as bad as they have a lot of other people, they did spend over a year telling us he was a nobody via their main announcer. Then, when he succeeded despite everything, they committed the ultimate sin of pointing out his ACTUAL weaknesses in promos. He's short. He looks like a troll. He can't win the big one.

They buried the guy a little and he got over in spite of it. Don't act like they pushed him to the moon and hid his faults when they didn't.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He did win the big one twice though.
He didn't keep it, but beat Cena clean for one of the wins.

Kane won the big belt once and kept it for a day, I wouldn't say they buried him then despite that.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
He didn't win it clean according to storyline. It was a fast count and it was hinted that the authority made that happen so they could take the belt afterwards.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Perfidus posted:

He didn't win it clean according to storyline. It was a fast count and it was hinted that the authority made that happen so they could take the belt afterwards.
That was the second win. The first he did win, though I'd argue that it didn't really matter as the point I'm making is that much like the HHH/Booker T story, the heels saying what they said did the damage it did because the babyface never got to make them shove those words up their rear end by beating them and holding the title.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LividLiquid posted:

That was the second win. The first he did win, though I'd argue that it didn't really matter as the point I'm making is that much like the HHH/Booker T story, the heels saying what they said did the damage it did because the babyface never got to make them shove those words up their rear end by beating them and holding the title.

It was weird too, because while the heel authority figures were saying he wasn't good enough, he was constantly getting the best of Orton and every underling sent after him, and it was obvious at the end of all the matches that he was the better man... but there was never that cathartic moment where he finally triumphed over all the bullshit. Eventually, they just hosed him over for the last time and he was (at least for the time being) taken out of that storyline.

The whole Bryan chasing HIS title storyline was really fascinating because I felt like WWE was doing a hell of a lot of things right/making for some fascinating television, but in the end it didn't really go anywhere or have a resolution that really made any sense from a basic,"face gets screwed over but finally triumphs" aspect. I had to stop watching Raw for a little while because it just got a little too frustrating to see the storyline seemingly peter out.

Of course now he seems to be back in the picture, but once again while the ending to the last Raw was actually pretty great from a heelish perspective, it once again sees Bryan prove himself the better man and yet also once again fail to get his hands on that belt.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
How has CMLL's business been since the Atlantis/Ultimo Guerrero mask bait and switch a few months ago?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

How has CMLL's business been since the Atlantis/Ultimo Guerrero mask bait and switch a few months ago?

Incredibly bad. They recently had 1,000 fans in the building.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 20, 2013

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Daniel Bryan has an 85% win rate this year and consistently main events Raw. Not making him the top guy isn't the same thing as burying him.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

Daniel Bryan has an 85% win rate this year and consistently main events Raw. Not making him the top guy isn't the same thing as burying him.

No but having a program centered around him and suddenly having him taken out and feuding with Duck Dynasty with no payoff is.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Tezzor posted:

You make a good point that Bryan at least isn't in the position that Ziggler was last year. But Bryan is the #2 babyface, and WWE win/loss records are drastically skewed in favour of faces. If Bryan was a heel opponent for Cena he'd be lucky to have a winning record.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
DB has a clean pinfall win over John Cena and I don't think he's had a clean loss since the program started.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

fatherdog posted:

DB has a clean pinfall win over John Cena and I don't think he's had a clean loss since the program started.

The Wyatts didn't break any rules :smug:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I still maintain that the Wyatt/Bryan story is the worst-written thing going in WWE right now and I see zero evidence that even they know what they're doing with it. Are people still arguing that Bryan and Kane are brainwashed after having been kidnapped weeks ago?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

I still maintain that the Wyatt/Bryan story is the worst-written thing going in WWE right now and I see zero evidence that even they know what they're doing with it. Are people still arguing that Bryan and Kane are brainwashed after having been kidnapped weeks ago?

Bryan at the very least wasn't because after he was kidnapped on Raw they realized they wrote themselves into a corner and had a video on WWE.com of The Wyatts leaving him in an abandoned parking lot for some reason.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't know why I find the idea of them leaving him in an abandoned parking lot so funny, but here we are.

So spoooooky, that parking lot is abaaandoned. No one will park there, oooOOOoo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I don't know why I find the idea of them leaving him in an abandoned parking lot so funny, but here we are.

The Abandoned Parking Lot and Big Show is going to die soon are my two biggest highlights of post Summerslam WWE.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

The Abandoned Parking Lot and Big Show is going to die soon are my two biggest highlights of post Summerslam WWE.

There was also some good matches and television

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

Worse. No taxi company in the area wants to go there and it's too far to walk. And Bryan can't get a signal to have a mechanic bring his Prius to drive home.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It's going to be revealed that they took him to a drive through wedding chapel and Bray/Brian are actually married.

Do you think Dolph Ziggler will be in a better, worse (is this even possible?), or the same position come this time next year? Is there any hope of him turning it around or getting back in their good graces? Even if he was in their good graces, is his current character one that can work at a main event level?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

No but having a program centered around him and suddenly having him taken out and feuding with Duck Dynasty with no payoff is.

Uncontrollably laughing.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

According to the news, Duck Dynasty are the biggest heels in America right now.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Tato posted:

Even if he was in their good graces, is his current character one that can work at a main event level?
Sure, if they actually followed through on the "showoff" thing instead of having him only win because of his girlfriend and her bodyguard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Tato posted:

It's going to be revealed that they took him to a drive through wedding chapel and Bray/Brian are actually married.

Do you think Dolph Ziggler will be in a better, worse (is this even possible?), or the same position come this time next year? Is there any hope of him turning it around or getting back in their good graces? Even if he was in their good graces, is his current character one that can work at a main event level?

At his current pace, Dolph will be in the 'employed, but not on TV in forever' state.

I love Dolph, but what is his current character's deal? What's his current angle? Answer: Diddly.

He's actually not bad at all at promos, but I can't recall any interesting storyline he's ever been a part of that didn't involve Vickie/a briefcase/a title. I guess the AJ thing with Cena? That led to a good TLC match.