Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
This is the perfect time to grind out progression rewards for No Holds Barred, btw. Everybody's too busy with the Hulk event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So the top 300 in the main event unlock X-Force Wolverine... and everything from the reward below it. I hope this is a sign of things to come because god drat do I hate doing the second place dance.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

TastyLemonDrops posted:

This is the perfect time to grind out progression rewards for No Holds Barred, btw. Everybody's too busy with the Hulk event.

I haven't entered the event yet, how high can you go right now?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

seravid posted:

I haven't entered the event yet, how high can you go right now?

I'm at 500 now with a team of level 40s max. The hard part is actually finding people worth points, but I haven't been counterattacked a single time since this Hulk event started. I'm just going to shoot for 800 and call it a day. That Spidey cover at 1100 is tempting, but I don't think I have the patience to grind out 600 points right now.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
So is this an event where you want to wait or just start chugging and don't quit?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Karnegal posted:

So is this an event where you want to wait or just start chugging and don't quit?

I'm getting single digit points on my first attempt at Nevada nodes, so I'd wait a bit.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I'm at 500 now with a team of level 40s max. The hard part is actually finding people worth points, but I haven't been counterattacked a single time since this Hulk event started. I'm just going to shoot for 800 and call it a day. That Spidey cover at 1100 is tempting, but I don't think I have the patience to grind out 600 points right now.

I'm at 800 now. Only one counterattack the entire time. At this point I'd actually consider going for the Spidey cover, but there are so few people up here that it's just not worth grinding out 10 point missions to get.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

McDragon posted:

Wolverine is a horrible terrible monster with this buff. I hope he gets one in a proper PvP event at some point. :unsmigghh:

Yeah unlike the last time he got a buff, this time it affects his healing and strike tile value too. This is awesome.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Is Hulk Sighting: Nevada supposed to give a lot fewer points than the first Hulk map or will those increase over time?

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Oh my god....I just realised how much of a boost Spidey's pink gets when there's webs in play. Having three protect tiles at 129 apiece makes battles kind of hilarious (and that's just at level 3!)

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Not sure how strike tiles work exactly, but Storm's hailstorm does 500 damage a turn, which is hilarious.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
For what it's worth, Hulk Nevada seems to cap out at precisely 116 points. I have 116, and so do everyone else.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

delfin posted:

For what it's worth, Hulk Nevada seems to cap out at precisely 116 points. I have 116, and so do everyone else.

Everybody gets the first place prize!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Everybody gets the first place prize!

Everyone with a The Punisher does (this is bullshit :argh: I'm back to sneak some NHB progression)

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

Not sure how strike tiles work exactly, but Storm's hailstorm does 500 damage a turn, which is hilarious.

They deal extra damage each time you do damage. So each match does extra damage and so do your skills.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
So the gimmick this event is that the missions rapidly stop giving points, capping at 116 and 230 respectively enough times they no longer give points. This means everyone who can complete the mission can get into the first place tie bracket.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Deep Winter posted:

So the gimmick this event is that the missions rapidly stop giving points, capping at 116 and 230 respectively enough times they no longer give points. This means everyone who can complete the mission can get into the first place tie bracket.

Are they ties or is it whoever did it first/most recent is actually 1st

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Are they ties or is it whoever did it first/most recent is actually 1st

Looks like you're right, I'm in second now. Well that's stupid.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

delfin posted:

max is 66 if you don't have Punisher. Puts me in 136th but there's at least 6 guys above me.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The new daily deal is so enticing. Yeah there's a chance I could get a useless Wolverine/Captain America, but there's a decent chance I get Punisher/Hulk/Spiderman! Got a blue Spidey from it today.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
how is wolvie useless? He's legit

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Everybody gets in first place if they can do the missions? My favorite heroes are boosted? The special tokens give out spider-man, wolverine and the punisher? :getin:

This event is going to be rad!

[e] My wolverine's strike tiles give 117 extra damage.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Karnegal posted:

how is wolvie useless? He's legit

He's useless if your wolverine Is max skilled. :colbert:

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I have a max skilled, max level Wolverine and a second Wolverine at 5/3/3, unleveled.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Managed to reach 600 on NHB which means I got yet another Moonstone cover. What's the go-to build for her? Mines up to 2/3/3 and the cover is for black.

I mat dick around in Nevada some more for ISO but I want more Grey Widow covers.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I'm at 800 now. Only one counterattack the entire time. At this point I'd actually consider going for the Spidey cover, but there are so few people up here that it's just not worth grinding out 10 point missions to get.

What team / boosts are you using?

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 20, 2013

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

TastyLemonDrops posted:

This was some excellent advice!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Managed to reach 600 on NHB which means I got yet another Moonstone cover. What's the go-to build for her? Mines up to 2/3/3 and the cover is for black.

I mat dick around in Nevada some more for ISO but I want more Grey Widow covers.

What team / boosts are you using?

Thor level 40 (5/5/3), Wolverine level 45 (5/3/3), Moonstone level 35 (5/5/3)

Just use all +3, red/yellow +3 and green/black +3. Taking out teams of level 100+ dudes has never been easier with Wolverine on board. You can use Moonstone's purple as extra damage and to set up easy matches or chains.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Lone Goat posted:

This was some excellent advice!

wow that 1st 2nd gap

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Karnegal posted:

wow that 1st 2nd gap

Now it's

pre:
NFHQ 857
Me   530
#3   343
so it's looking pretty good~

At the rate NFHQ is going, there's pretty much no reason for me to stop before bed, right?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Seriously, gently caress fighting Storm/BW in forest.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Yeah the most recent person to make the tie score will be first, that's how it's been in the past. If these missions don't reset/rubberband points now, then I'm totally going to sit at 227 until the mission is about to end in 18 hours and finish out my 230 points for the 1 - 4 place Powered Up tokens x2 prize, y'all.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

iastudent posted:

Seriously, gently caress fighting Storm/BW in forest.

Yeah, don't do that

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Comic question: Punisher is a hero despite the fact his cover is Dark Reign right? Does the Punisher have a team?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh man, the 1/2 price daily deal applies to the Hulk hunt store page too!

Helical Nightmares posted:

Comic question: Punisher is a hero despite the fact his cover is Dark Reign right? Does the Punisher have a team?
Currently he's a member of the Thunderbolts, but usually he isnt part of a team.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 20, 2013

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Anyone know what the max Punisher-less score is in Alaska? I'm at 130 and unsure if I have one or two more goes at the sniper trio.

EDIT: nevermind, 130 is the punisher-less max. It didn't update for me.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 20, 2013

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
And the daily deal is.... BAG MAN -goodbye 100HC I will never see you again. Got a wolverine I needed off the other, but no punisher means not gonna complete today's hulk poo poo.

EDIT: How are people building Hawkeye Modern? I just got a cover that is going to force a choice. I was thinking 5/5/3, but I could be underestimating how low I need the purple count to be for Avoid.

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 20, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I went with 4/5/4 for Hawkeye Modern. Even if I did reduce the countdown on the red to 2, its still a huge chance of getting matched. The damage output is too random. I'm pretty happy to have the utility of 5 blue though. Someone else can make better use of the red.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Is this Hulk event only for veterans, really?

I've been playing 3-4 days, really like the game. But my characters are all fairly low level with only 1 or 2 with several skills. I am finding it hard to get new stuff. Spending money on the game seems tempting, but I always try to play these games for free.

Also, So far there is prologue and events tabs. Am I right in thinking after I have completed all the prologue missions, then more tabs will pop up with story missions?

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 20, 2013

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Made it to 800 points and rolled red Moonstone. Moonstone is my only 2* with completed covers.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

Funso Banjo posted:

Is this Hulk event only for veterans, really?

I've been playing 3-4 days, really like the game. But my characters are all fairly low level with only 1 or 2 with several skills. I am finding it hard to get new stuff. Spending money on the game seems tempting, but I always try to play these games for free.

Also, So far there is prologue and events tabs. Am I right in thinking after I have completed all the prologue missions, then more tabs will pop up with story missions?

Get yourself through the prologue. You do HAMMER then Juggs/Venom side by side, and finish with Oscorp and Dark Avengers.
Once you've done all that, you won't just have lowbies around, and will have a nice selection of mid-level heroes.