Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I don't think I've ever heard a less convincing ad than Howard's Xbox reads. The way he reads from the page in monotone and pretends to be amazed by the visuals, it's ridiculous.

I wonder if they still pay the same rate whether or not Howard acts like he gives a poo poo about the product. Also, does Microsoft really need to advertise the Xbox on the show? Who doesn't already know about the thing by now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Hey Bawf, Xbox is #2 on Google Trends. Look how many people listen to us, Bawf.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

haljordan posted:

I wonder if they still pay the same rate whether or not Howard acts like he gives a poo poo about the product. Also, does Microsoft really need to advertise the Xbox on the show? Who doesn't already know about the thing by now?

Dads who stopped being tech saavy over a decade ago but still have kids at home. Basically, guys like Sal and Gary.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Irish Joe posted:

Dads who stopped being tech saavy over a decade ago but still have kids at home. Basically, guys like Sal and Gary.

So basically, what you are saying is dis is like a sonos, but you can play games on it? I gotta get one for my sports basement boff!

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Sal's drinking really sounds out of control. I wonder if Howard will step in and do something especially what has happened in the past with other addict co-workers (Artie).

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Enigma89 posted:

Sal's drinking really sounds out of control. I wonder if Howard will step in and do something especially what has happened in the past with other addict co-workers (Artie).

I think you know the answer to that...

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

EngineerJoe posted:

I think you know the answer to that...

I'm a few days behind so we will see. I just got to the part hearing about Sal's trip down to Florida for a Bachelors Party.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Wait, Sal has a drinking problem too? I thought it was just Richard.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
Richard doesn't have a problem, he's just Richard.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Enigma89 posted:

When Artie got violent, he was an actual threat to others. Isn't Sal an incredible weakling? I remember Richard almost drowning him in a toilet without hardly trying.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sean_Miller posted:

Richard doesn't have a problem, he's just Richard.

Richard just likes to drink and works out and manages his weight and is happy and Howard knows he has a problem because of that.

"Richard is such a weirdo, he doesn't stand in front of his fridge for hours agonizing about eating half a banana".

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AxeManiac posted:

Richard just likes to drink and works out and manages his weight and is happy and Howard knows he has a problem because of that.

Nah, Richard definitely has a drinking problem. He sounds like a functioning alcoholic and it was even detrimental to his health at one point when he came down with gout.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

AxeManiac posted:

"Richard is such a weirdo, he doesn't stand in front of his fridge for hours agonizing about eating half a banana".

Drinking 2-4 bottles of champagne on a flight from FL to NYC after mixing cocktails in an airport bathroom doesn't sound right.

I am more than willing to go out and do champagne breakfast but I wouldn't even do that.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Aren't these tales years old, though? When's the last time you heard a wild drinking story from him? I imagine he's toned it down a lot, his wife may have played a big role.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Crotch Bat posted:

Aren't these tales years old, though? When's the last time you heard a wild drinking story from him? I imagine he's toned it down a lot, his wife may have played a big role.

From some of the stories he would tell, she is a pretty big boozer as well.
I mean, if you had to go to a hotel and get tucked in by Elves with your 40 year old husband wouldnt you drink too?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Crotch Bat posted:

Richard, Sal, and Ronnie were hosting some party in Florida over last weekend and Richard was poo poo hammered the whole time.

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet

Enigma89 posted:

Drinking 2-4 bottles of champagne on a flight from FL to NYC after mixing cocktails in an airport bathroom doesn't sound right.

I am more than willing to go out and do champagne breakfast but I wouldn't even do that.

Sounds about right for a metal drummer who quit to become a professional phony phone call maker

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

-Atom- posted:

Richard, Sal, and Ronnie were hosting some party in Florida over last weekend and Richard was poo poo hammered the whole time.

This is wholly unsurprising but you just don't hear the insane alcoholic stories you used to, either. Of course that doesn't mean they aren't happening but he honestly just doesn't appear to booze quite as hard as he used to, it's not like that would be some shocking thing.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

This is wholly unsurprising but you just don't hear the insane alcoholic stories you used to, either. Of course that doesn't mean they aren't happening but he honestly just doesn't appear to booze quite as hard as he used to, it's not like that would be some shocking thing.

The story he told on Monday was downright pathetic on how addicted to liquor he is. I love Richard but the dude has a huge drinking problem.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBTmFfy36lg&t=373s

"WHAT COLOR IS YOUR COMPUTER"

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Ducktales Blogger posted:

Sounds about right for a metal drummer who quit to become a professional phony phone call maker

Hmm good point actually.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Apropos of nothing, does anyone remember bababooey's MTV VJ audition, where he called himself Gary Delabate? With that mustache... What an un-self aware goofball he was.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

RE: Recent discussion of Artie and his relationship with Bob Levy, Bob was on Artie's show last night, so they must be on good terms.

And because it's one of my favorite Artie segments, the time he destroyed Bob on TWUS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNlH27rADI

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I think I'm gonna vomit from these Ronnie Holiday Sex Tips...

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Dry oatmeal.

geera
May 20, 2003
@sternshow tweeted out a link to a "high rez" version of Howard and Beth's Christmas card: http://www.howardstern.com/uploads/FanZoneDownloadModel/59/image/hs-holiday-card-full-size.original.jpg, which has some of the worst jpeg artifacts I've ever seen in a "high rez" image. Download and print your copy today!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

geera posted:

@sternshow tweeted out a link to a "high rez" version of Howard and Beth's Christmas card: http://www.howardstern.com/uploads/FanZoneDownloadModel/59/image/hs-holiday-card-full-size.original.jpg, which has some of the worst jpeg artifacts I've ever seen in a "high rez" image. Download and print your copy today!
Ugh, that looks terrible. You can totally see the shoddy photoshopping now. Howard's neck and Beth's stomach are both totally smoothed and check out where the bottom of Beth's belly shirt meets her left arm. And did Howard not clean all the lipstick off before taking the second picture? It looks like he smeared it all over his face.

Also, how can it be "Photo by Howard" when he's IN the photo? Shouldn't it be "Photo by Someone Else, Horrific Photoshopping by Howard"?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

I think I'm gonna vomit from these Ronnie Holiday Sex Tips...

Yeah, they are WORSE then you guys described.

Heard the bit about Richard's latest drinking, and Fred's sad, desperate mini-intervention... wow. If any of you guys still think he might not be alcoholic after hearing that segment, then you might want to examine your own drinking.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Brocktoon posted:

And did Howard not clean all the lipstick off before taking the second picture? It looks like he smeared it all over his face.

I think it's part of the bit. He still has makeup on, she has Santa's glasses on and it's cracking them up apparently.

Look at his jacket in the photo on the right. He placed a white box over the photo where it says photos by Howard and then he messed up photoshopping it on his sleeve.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

sedative posted:

Look at his jacket in the photo on the right. He placed a white box over the photo where it says photos by Howard and then he messed up photoshopping it on his sleeve.

Ha! I didn't even notice that. I wish they would let calls through from anyone other than Maryanne, Hanzi and Bobo, so that someone could tell him how much he blows at photoshop.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Ronnie and the hallway people are the only part of the show worth anything. I love how vile and disgusting Ronnie is.

-Atom- posted:

Dry oatmeal.

gently caress.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

sedative posted:

I think it's part of the bit. He still has makeup on, she has Santa's glasses on and it's cracking them up apparently.

Holy poo poo, that's crazy. He literally must have no one in his life who will tell him the truth about anything.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Smeep posted:

Holy poo poo, that's crazy. He literally must have no one in his life who will tell him the truth about anything.

Speaking of Artie, I just listened to Artie vs Dice in the matter of Dice Didn't Send Artie a Check for $5 Measly Grand Within 10 (non-business) Days Because Dice is Actually in Show Business and holy poo poo does Artie come off terribly in this (which is an accomplishment considering what Dice can be like).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBBzZc0_kA

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ether Frenzy posted:

Speaking of Artie, I just listened to Artie vs Dice in the matter of Dice Didn't Send Artie a Check for $5 Measly Grand Within 10 (non-business) Days Because Dice is Actually in Show Business and holy poo poo does Artie come off terribly in this (which is an accomplishment considering what Dice can be like).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBBzZc0_kA

"I didn't know he wanted a paper bag that night..."

:newlol:

Dice was always pretty good on the radio. Back in the very old days, when he'd occasionally hang out for the news, it was better than his comedy act.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Smeep posted:

For the last year I've been reading biographies of different celebs and rock stars and the patters seems to be that as long as the money flows, people will say "yes" to any crazy idea you have.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

prefect posted:

"I didn't know he wanted a paper bag that night..."

:newlol:

Dice was always pretty good on the radio. Back in the very old days, when he'd occasionally hang out for the news, it was better than his comedy act.

I've only started listening to Stern again in the past month or so, does he

1) Have any comedians on anymore besides Joan Rivers and Lisa Lampanelli?
2) Have comedians (or anybody else, for that matter), sit in on the news?

I really miss that aspect of the show. While I still enjoy listening (there seems to be a memorable bit once a week, ie; I'm a big turtle whose pregnant and Ronnie's Christmas tips), you can really tell they're on autopilot at this point.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I've only started listening to Stern again in the past month or so, does he

1) Have any comedians on anymore besides Joan Rivers and Lisa Lampanelli?

Whitney Cummings and Sarah Silverman.

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Nope, not for years now.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

No. That extra time where the comedian is being funny during the tail-end of the show may cause the show to run until 10:05.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

prefect posted:

When I think of Dice - especially in the context of the Stern show - all I can think of is Jackie yelling "Hi-Ho Silverstein" at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Haha what the hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHid8xQWkfM

I don't listen to the show anymore, did they promote this? Are they trying to go whole-hog on this concept, maybe post-Stern Show? They're so cute together. :)