Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Funso Banjo posted:

Is this Hulk event only for veterans, really?

I've been playing 3-4 days, really like the game. But my characters are all fairly low level with only 1 or 2 with several skills. I am finding it hard to get new stuff. Spending money on the game seems tempting, but I always try to play these games for free.

Also, So far there is prologue and events tabs. Am I right in thinking after I have completed all the prologue missions, then more tabs will pop up with story missions?

You're probably a bit too green right now, but the good thing is that you won't have to put down any money - you just need to progress some more with your newbie characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Tezzeract posted:

You're probably a bit too green right now, but the good thing is that you won't have to put down any money - you just need to progress some more with your newbie characters.

It won't take that long. I was too new for the last event (The Hunt, which ended last week). Right now I'm ranked 281 overall, and 6th and 62nd in my two sub events, just waiting to snipe at 1st with my last bit quest in each. Granted I spent some cash. About $40 with a some significant coinage left over. I spent half of it on a hero pack, and the other part on buying myself up to 24 character slots. Given the hours I've got out of it so far, I'm fine with that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The reinforcements token got me my fourth Wolverine 4* cover :stare:

Hulk standard token got me BWO Black :stare::stare::stare:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Dec 20, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Just got my 2nd spider man blue from 1 star recruit tokens :cool:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So wait, HOW are people still getting points? I'm sitting at 119 in 19th place, but Only the Punisher mission in Nevada gives me points anymore, but it's only 9 and the top guy in my bracket has well over 200.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
The hulk sub.event missions seem to have points reset. So the max points have risen.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I zeroed all of my missions last night. This morning I came back and some of them were available again for single-digit points. These brought me up to 124 and 248 points, respectively... only about half of what the leaders have in each sub-event. Checking it now, an hour later, some of the missions have reloaded again slightly, so in theory we should be able to catch up. Whether we catch up completely or not is still up in the air, as is whether it'll end with everyone with a Punisher tied and thus the last to play gets the #1 slot.

The throw-poo poo-against-the-wall rulemaking system appears to continue to dominate.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Well I started around noon UK time, and I'm only at 117 points (Nevada), with people ahead of me and nothing worth anything, so starting earlier definitely seems more worth it if you have the option just because I'm wholly unable to catch up now.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

delfin posted:

The throw-poo poo-against-the-wall rulemaking system appears to continue to dominate.

Basically this. Their PVE scoring system makes no sense. Our strategies are contingent on the system making logical sense, but the system is so obtuse :v:

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Tezzeract posted:

Basically this. Their PVE scoring system makes no sense. Our strategies are contingent on the system making logical sense, but the system is so obtuse :v:

Well, gently caress. Here I was saving one fight in each sub-mission until the end, because that made sense at the time...
That'll teach me.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I really hope my 2 Hulk tokens can net me a punisher. I feel like I can get in the upper ranks if I can play those two missions.

Wolverine is really great in this event. I got another yellow cover last night and bumped him up to level 69. With grey suit Black Widow I can just green power everything to death.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 20, 2013

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I think i'm going to have to come 11th-25th for NHB, i'd much prefer levelling up my black widow classic than getting a few more powers for grey widow.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I seem to be able to endlessly grind the one Nevada mission for 4 points and a 150% hammer boost

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm capped. Nothing has points anymore and I'm at 116. This is loving lame.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

New Leaf posted:

I'm capped. Nothing has points anymore and I'm at 116. This is loving lame.

Mine didn't 3-4 hours ago, so maybe it's time locked

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Just received a purple Black Widow Original from the bugged NHB.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Largepotato posted:

Just received a purple Black Widow Original from the bugged NHB.

ditto

Abraham Lincoln
Feb 12, 2008
If you are a racist I will attack you with the North
Do people like 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 for BWO? Trying to decide what to do with my 3/5/0 BWO and sitting on a purple cover currently.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Yep! I got one from my support ticket, too! You guys were right - they sent me a purple BWO something like 4 hours from when I sent them an email.

I think I gotta start tanking the next few tournaments. I've joined the last three less than a day from the end, and I've been getting into easy brackets that have been letting me place high enough for at least the second rarest covers, and I'm definitely going up against better competition now. It takes a long time to find a team that isn't max Thor, max something else too, maybe a 6000 hp three-star.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Karnegal posted:

EDIT: How are people building Hawkeye Modern? I just got a cover that is going to force a choice. I was thinking 5/5/3, but I could be underestimating how low I need the purple count to be for Avoid.

I went 5/5/3 and have no regrets. I rarely run into situations where there aren't enough purple on the board for avoid.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="423445528"]
I went 5/5/3 and have no regrets. I rarely run into situations where there aren't enough purple on the board for avoid.

I'm 5/4/4 and he's fine. Frankly, I don't use the blast arrow as much as I should- he's usually in a group with Thor and I just use his red skill over and over again.

Edit: Wow, Hulk Canada is way beyond my scale at this point.. I'll just have to deal with being in the 900's. I'm in the 60's in Nevada.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 20, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Managed to find a window where I wasn't being attacked and fought on NHB all the way up to the heroic token reward. I was actually attacked immediately so I never got to see the 800 but it gave it to me so yay!

Another Moonstone cover :negative:

At least she's 3/3/3 so I may start leveling her someday.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Does anyone know what these "powered up" heroic tokens are? Are they your regular 2+ stars with some levels added on to them?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

omnibobb posted:

Does anyone know what these "powered up" heroic tokens are? Are they your regular 2+ stars with some levels added on to them?

They are tokens for the "powered up" cover draw, featuring only Spiderman, wolverine, captain America, etc.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Currently sitting 2nd with 817, but going to miss the last 7 hours. 10th has 510.

Hoping to stay top 25, but might be wishful thinking.

I'm also 140th in Nevada & 557th in Canada.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Deep Winter posted:

They are tokens for the "powered up" cover draw, featuring only Spiderman, wolverine, captain America, etc.

That make sense. Thanks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

iRend posted:

I think i'm going to have to come 11th-25th for NHB, i'd much prefer levelling up my black widow classic than getting a few more powers for grey widow.

Yeah. Of course if I'd thought about back-to-back I'd probably ave gone for two gray widows, but right now another blue and black is good.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm going to be on the road when NHB2 ends, dammit, so getting that last GW Green is a pipe dream. I'm just going to have to rack up points before I leave and hope I don't get plinked down past OW Black, 'cause I need one of those.

EDIT: Ask and ye shall receive! 3-Star Rumble tourney just started, OW Black is the 325-point reward.

delfin fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 20, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I actually have a chance in the 3 star tournament this time around so I'm glad to give it a go. Spidey, IM 40, and Doom are ready to crush some heads!

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Hulk can kill him self he is the new Juggernaut.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Now THIS is a new one on me.

I picked an opponent in 3-star, got to the boosts screen where I'd click Fight to start, and exited out to check something. I came back to MPQ and the app crashed. I restarted it, and I got charged with a loss for a fight that never actually started. :allears:

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Has anyone figured out the scoring on these PVE events yet? I can't stand having no way to earn points and being in 137th place.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

intangible posted:

Has anyone figured out the scoring on these PVE events yet? I can't stand having no way to earn points and being in 137th place.

Nope. It's well hidden like The Secret of the Ooze.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Annnnd the first two powered up tokens get me wolverine and Captain America. Who I have max skilled. And then I spent ten standard tokens, and got a plethora of modern storm and black widow. Hurray!

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

2 event tokens = Cap and Wolverine. Blarg. I guess it was weighted towards them, but still, could really have used any colour of Spidey or Punisher.

Edit: Snap.

Deep Winter posted:

Annnnd the first two powered up tokens get me wolverine and Captain America. Who I have max skilled. And then I spent ten standard tokens, and got a plethora of modern storm and black widow. Hurray!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

2 Captain America. I still need 2 Wolverine yellow. And I have now been locked out of Facebook until I identify you guys. Oops.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
If it's anything like The Hunt, it's your relative standing in the main event that determines how many points you get in the sub-events. If you're towards the top of the main event you get jack poo poo for the sub-events.

I was in the top 200 for the main event and I stopped getting points for the sub-events while I was in the top 20 of those brackets.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

What's the best build for Grey Magneto? I just pulled 4 purple covers on 5 standard tokens.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

Kravdraa posted:

2 event tokens = Cap and Wolverine. Blarg. I guess it was weighted towards them, but still, could really have used any colour of Spidey or Punisher.

Edit: Snap.

Wolverine Red (I have him maxed), but a Punisher black on the second, which brings me to 1/1/1 on him. That went better than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I got a Punisher from my event token :tfrxmas:

Sono posted:

What's the best build for Grey Magneto? I just pulled 4 purple covers on 5 standard tokens.
He's pretty loose. Blue is good anywhere from 3-5 as each level is a countdown tradeoff rather than a straight buff, while Red I think is optimum at 4 due to the increase of AP from 11 to 14 at level 5. Purple is basically every point you have left over from your choices on those two as it's good at level 3 and just gets better (although it's not that good if you're using it strictly to get blues for Iron Hammer as that gets matched very easily)