Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

InfinityComplex posted:

So do we know if this is getting a dub or a sub?

If it's a dub, do we have a known list of the VAs for it?
All I could think of when listening to Zero's dialog was "how would this impact me if I was listening to Laura Bailey's saint row voice?"

If it's getting release in America, it's getting a dub. I think SE very rarely releases anything in the west that isn't dubbed and even small stuff will get it too, it's just a matter of what anime VAs haven't gone to mainstream animation for them to get their hands on.

THen again they got DC Douglas for Nier, so who knows what the gently caress is happening right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Final ending/boss (maybe) spoilers below.

That streamer made it to what looks like the end of the ring timing boss thing but died at the very end. Click here and go to about 1 hour 55 minutes to behold some of the greatest heights of Cavia style trolling.

He's been at this for over five hours now, including yesterday's stream. He's also streaming right now.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 20, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

jonjonaug posted:

Final ending/boss (maybe) spoilers below.

That streamer made it to what looks like the end of the ring timing boss thing but died at the very end. Click here and go to about 1 hour 55 minutes to behold some of the greatest heights of Cavia style trolling.

He's been at this for over five hours now, including yesterday's stream. He's also streaming right now.

I'm sorry but this is the only response I have to that:

:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:

It only takes one ring to die and then the screen goes black as the last ring comes out. You have no way to tell where it is. You will not accomplish this for many hours. I knew it was a big deal that trophy was gold.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

CottonWolf posted:

Oh, that's annoying. They won't ship to the UK. I guess I may have to go the 'set up a US account' route. But cheers.

E: The EU will be getting a digital release after all. I was just suffering from momentary blindness.

Umm... doesn't Square use Digital River? Heck with that one, been burned with Ni No Kuni, so I'll wait and see on PSN prices. This sucks, Square could have shipped like 5K copies through Amazon fairly easily.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Going to pick up a physical copy on ebay I guess.

Even if the SquareEnix shop could ship to the UK, not going to risk another Dragons Crown incident. In which I ordered a US copy from play asia and got a second bill a week later for duty/import tax that was equal to the price of the game itself.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Lunethex posted:

It only takes one ring to die and then the screen goes black as the last ring comes out. You have no way to tell where it is. You will not accomplish this for many hours. I knew it was a big deal that trophy was gold.

Might as well just blindfold yourself if you can't use your eyes.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lunethex posted:

Ah ha ha ha ha.

That's not the last ring.

:shepicide:

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
This games combat is so much fun. At the start it felt sluggish and the frame rate isn't the best but once you start dodge canceling with the spear you're wreaking everything and it's so much fun.

I haven't gotten too far in so I'm not reading any spoilers yet but I love this game already.

Also for anyone afraid zero won't be likable, she is put in a lot of goofy situations when not talking about murdering everyone so I like her very much and her conversations with Mikhail are great.
Edit: I guess that doesn't really explain why but I suck at explaining. The game is kind of like playing a likable villain out to conquer the world with her conscience/sidekick (Mikhail).

Nyagato fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 20, 2013

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Nicovideo link for someone clearing the final boss.

That last note! What the gently caress?!

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Nyagato posted:

This games combat is so much fun. At the start it felt sluggish and the frame rate isn't the best but once you start dodge canceling with the spear you're wreaking everything and it's so much fun.

I haven't gotten too far in so I'm not reading any spoilers yet but I love this game already.

Also for anyone afraid zero won't be likable, she is put in a lot of goofy situations when not talking about murdering everyone so I like her very much and her conversations with Mikhail are great.
Edit: I guess that doesn't really explain why but I suck at explaining. The game is kind of like playing a likable villain out to conquer the world with her conscience/sidekick (Mikhail).

Yeah this is what I was thinking. She's pretty likable so far, dunno what people have seen in the spoiler streams though. There's actually been a surprising amount of, like, comedy? Kind of weird.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

Top Gym Pumper posted:

Yeah this is what I was thinking. She's pretty likable so far, dunno what people have seen in the spoiler streams though. There's actually been a surprising amount of, like, comedy? Kind of weird.

Spoiler chapter 2 mountain area.
drakengard 3 end by avalanche.

I laughed even though it's super cliche since it really took me by surprise.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Top Gym Pumper posted:

Keep in mind Access Games, aka the guys who gave us Francis York Morgan, helped develop this. I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tonfa posted:

Ah ha ha ha ha.

That's not the last ring.

:shepicide:

This game is going to be amazing, I cannot believe I am excited for a Drakengard game.

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

For those of you playing already, is there a lot of mid-mission banter between the Apostles themselves, or the Apostles and Zero? A cast this loving weird has the potential for amazing dialogue.

Gonna buy this soundtrack, that much is a certainty.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

jonjonaug posted:

Nicovideo link for someone clearing the final boss.

That last note! What the gently caress?!

Everytime I think Cavia has reached the limits of trolling...they manage to push it further still. :allears:

Cloche posted:

Gonna buy this soundtrack, that much is a certainty.

I can't do anything about the SFX, or the audio warbles, but it'll do until the OST comes out.

Spoilers:
:siren:End Boss Theme:siren:

Sex_Ferguson posted:

This game is going to be amazing, I cannot believe I am excited for a Drakengard game.

It's an odd feeling, isn't it? One I thought I'd never be feeling.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 20, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

:laffo: the beginning of chapter 3

Cloche posted:

For those of you playing already, is there a lot of mid-mission banter between the Apostles themselves, or the Apostles and Zero? A cast this loving weird has the potential for amazing dialogue.

They chatter almost non-stop. It's really the only reason to have them along because they're basically useless in combat. Occasionally I see them attack but they never do any real damage. Lots of talk with Mikhail too. His dynamic with Zero is pretty entertaining and does a lot to make her more likable.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 20, 2013

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Drakengard 3: Cavia injected DIRECTLY INTO YOUR VEINS.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Everytime I think Cavia has reached the limits of trolling...they manage to push it further still. :allears:

I can't do anything about the SFX, or the audio warbles, but it'll do until the OST comes out.

Spoilers:
:siren:End Boss Theme:siren:

It's an odd feeling, isn't it? One I thought I'd never be feeling.

Holy poo poo, it sounds like something out of the AKIRA soundtrack.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Over here punching trolls so hard every limb is exploding off their torsos at once.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Jesus. The gently caress happened to Yoko Taro that turned him into a thing of pure hate?

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
I have to say the people who hated the archers in drakengard 1 rejoice the archers in is godawful annoying. Just lost my whole lifebar trying to platform to a place with archers interrupting my jump.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The final boss is The Mother Grotesquerie's Rhythm Game Redux, isn't it?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Accordion Man posted:

The final boss is The Mother Grotesquerie's Rhythm Game Redux, isn't it?

Yoko Taro has spent the last decade or so coming up with new, inventive cruelties to inflict, than simply blindly rehashing one of the most dickish moves in game history.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Superstring posted:

Jesus. The gently caress happened to Yoko Taro that turned him into a thing of pure hate?

I don't think it is possible for me to platinum this game.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Mikhail is the best :3:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'm wanting to replay nier after loosing my saves when my old PS3 died and I was wondering: For the trophies to kill bosses in x amount of time, is that for the first time you meet them, or is there boss refights later that you can get the achievements for? If I sit down with the intention of getting platinum, is it better for me to do the 15 hour speedrun first, or do a "regular" playthrough and start a separate speedrun save after I get ending A?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Top Gym Pumper posted:

Mikhail is the best :3:

That little scream he does in that scene cracks me up every time. He's so cute, it almost makes you forget he's literally brain-damaged.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm wanting to replay nier after loosing my saves when my old PS3 died and I was wondering: For the trophies to kill bosses in x amount of time, is that for the first time you meet them, or is there boss refights later that you can get the achievements for? If I sit down with the intention of getting platinum, is it better for me to do the 15 hour speedrun first, or do a "regular" playthrough and start a separate speedrun save after I get ending A?

You can get the ones for beating bosses within a time limit on new game+, in fact they'd be pretty hard to get first time through. No idea on speed runs, I hate that stuff, but doing a proper run first seems sensible.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Taro Yoko is literally a monster.

That locker was too good for him.

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012

Good lord, that is one of the biggest dick moves I've ever seen. To clear this you basically need a lot of patience and good ear for music. Things that have nothing to do with the gameplay prior to this point.

From what I saw there's literally no point in watching the screen. The time between when they produce the notes, and when you need to hit the button, is a set number of beats. The song changes speed forcing you to adjust your timing accordingly.

The problem is the song starts slowing way the gently caress down at the end so it's super tricky to try and figure out what the timing needs to be. I'm still not sure just how slow it gets after the screen goes black. I could get all of it without watching the video just fine, but that last note tripped me way up, because it's still slowing down after the note comes out.

e: You know, it's not actually that bad if you know about it beforehand. If you're going into to it blind though, it's gotta be horrific.

judgementbringer fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 20, 2013

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
How many times do you think that took. Jesus.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

LorneReams posted:

How many times do you think that took. Jesus.

Well, the guy streaming the entire game has been at it for about 13 hours or so, I think? The whole sequence is about 7 1/2 minutes long but obviously there's a lot more deaths that are going to be caused earlier on.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
I can't wait till The Dark Id goes up against that end sequence for the first time. :allears:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

judgementbringer posted:

Good lord, that is one of the biggest dick moves I've ever seen. To clear this you basically need a lot of patience and good ear for music. Things that have nothing to do with the gameplay prior to this point.

So what you're saying is, it's Drakengard.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I didn't have too much trouble with the one in D1 but you guys are really hyping this up. :allears:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TycMDbNG1U

Top Gym Pumper posted:

I didn't have too much trouble with the one in D1 but you guys are really hyping this up. :allears:

The DG3 one is 8 minutes long and cameraman is raping your mother the whole time.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 21, 2013

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So, who do you guys think would do a good job dubbing the voices of the characters for the English release?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SunAndSpring posted:

So, who do you guys think would do a good job dubbing the voices of the characters for the English release?

Gilbert Gottfried as Mikhail.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SunAndSpring posted:

As long as the Dragon doesn't sound like a loving child we will be golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Sex_Ferguson posted:

As long as the Dragon doesn't sound like a loving child we will be golden.

But he is a child.

• Locked thread