Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.atlus.com/holiday2013/

Sneaky.

E: If you can't tell, that's the only released art for Devil Survivor 2:Break Record : The Hero redone and Yamato's sister.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dehry posted:

http://www.atlus.com/holiday2013/

Sneaky.

E: If you can't tell, that's the only released art for Devil Survivor 2:Break Record : The Hero redone and Yamato's sister.

So there's still a chance for that to see the light?

I know that Atlus is milking the gently caress out of Megaten but I can't stop :smith:

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Finally got Nocturne and playing it along with Strange Journey. I'm really liking the game so far, but random encounter rate does get very silly later on as I end up having four encounters while going down the same corridor. Normally, it was an average of one every 15-20 seconds, but later on the game started machinegunning me with these random encounters and it wasn't even full moon yet.

At least SMT1 surprised you by sometimes giving you an unexpected breather between encounters before bombing you with monsters, but I guess I understand why they gave you so many encounters to forcefully grind you up for later bosses and give you opportunities to recruit a whole lot of monsters. This was normal difficulty too, so I can't imagine how frequent encounters are on hard difficulty.

Maybe I'm remembering the original SMT wrong, but maybe that also had ridiculous amount of encounters too. Mind you, the SMT games are the only JRPGs I play, so I may be making awfully incorrect statements about random encounters in general (been years since I last played an SMT game).

Also, the OSTs in these games are fantastic. I still prefer SMTI & II due to nostalgia, but the later games also had great OSTs.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona Q update

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/20/persona-q-shadow-labyrinth-goes-persona-3-persona-4-protagonists/

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

uncleKitchener posted:

At least SMT1 surprised you by sometimes giving you an unexpected breather between encounters before bombing you with monsters, but I guess I understand why they gave you so many encounters to forcefully grind you up for later bosses and give you opportunities to recruit a whole lot of monsters. This was normal difficulty too, so I can't imagine how frequent encounters are on hard difficulty.

Maybe I'm remembering the original SMT wrong, but maybe that also had ridiculous amount of encounters too. Mind you, the SMT games are the only JRPGs I play, so I may be making awfully incorrect statements about random encounters in general (been years since I last played an SMT game).

You could barely take 3 steps in SMT I without tripping over a horde of demons. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the only safe place in the game was the town area of the Cathedral.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So there's still a chance for that to see the light?

I know that Atlus is milking the gently caress out of Megaten but I can't stop :smith:

Heck, I'll buy this as well, it's a pretty good game by all reports and i've been waiting for 3DS version since Overclocked. I bet a lot of people are holding off the DS game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It kinda has me hopeful that there's going to be one huge announcement where they are going to release the SMT and Persona games (at least in the US) the same day as the Japanese version.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Q had better have a killer deer in it early on. If it wants to be Persona meets Etrian Odyssey it has to have the classics.

Really liking the art style so far.

e: a deer that screams your party to death, specifically.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
Odd that they changed Elizabeth and Margaret's hair color out of all things, but I'll live.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Rei and Zen are one party member? That's kind of weird, but okay.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mustach posted:

Odd that they changed Elizabeth and Margaret's hair color out of all things, but I'll live.

They didn't? :confused:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

They didn't? :confused:

If you pause it during the anime illustrations, they made her hair blonde. The in game models are still grey haired though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dehry posted:

If you pause it during the anime illustrations, they made her hair blonde. The in game models are still grey haired though.

Weren't they always blond or am I misremembering?

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
The portraits are a light blonde

But searching around, they seem to use grey a lot, too. so I dunno anymore.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mustach posted:

The portraits are a light blonde

But searching around, they seem to use grey a lot, too. so I dunno anymore.

Yeah, it's grey. It just looks blonde because of the lighting.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

What lighting? Is there a yellow light shining on every portrait? The MC's hair is still grey in his portrait.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The official art is platinum blonde, but a lot of the development art seems to have her straight blonde. If they sent those designs over to the anime team, she could have been made blonde, but then in the game they corrected it since it's easier to change a game texture than an animated scene. The in game scenes have her with grey hair, but her brother and sister also have grey hair, so it probably made her stand out too much.

I had to look it up myself.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Case closed! Thanks.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

It's kind of weird seeing the P3/4 protagonists so talky. And they have Follow-up Attacks too!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What possible thing could pose a threat to both Narukami and blue Jesus. :stare:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Alteisen posted:

What possible thing could pose a threat to both Narukami and blue Jesus. :stare:

It's Piercy, back from the dead, angry because he has been forgotten by the series. Neither of them can match his speed.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Persona 1 and 2 characters are mad about being left out.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Hama and Mudo.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Mitsuru cast Marin Karin instead of the Bufudyne you wanted. And missed.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Final Exams week, obviously.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

AradoBalanga posted:

Final Exams week, obviously.

That can't be right, Narukami maxed out his Knowledge and Blue Jesus maxed his Academics.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oh, by the way, they're using Minato Arisato and Yu Narukami respectively for the protagonists, aka the P3 manga name instead of the new movies.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Strange Quark posted:

Oh, by the way, they're using Minato Arisato[...]aka the P3 manga name instead of the new movies.

You know, for some reason this makes me honestly pretty happy. I can't really articulate why.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Strange Quark posted:

Oh, by the way, they're using Minato Arisato and Yu Narukami respectively for the protagonists, aka the P3 manga name instead of the new movies.

Wonder why they didn't went with Souji Seta then. I always though that the name changing was a royalties related thing.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

alcharagia posted:

You know, for some reason this makes me honestly pretty happy. I can't really articulate why.

I'm the opposite. I don't like that name and I really don't know why.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sorry for the poor quality, but I noticed this during Narukami's video:

Zen and Rei are both playable, but they also seem to act as a single character. Huh, I wonder why. Maybe one only knows physical attacks, and the other only knows magic, so one acts as the other's persona of sorts.

edit: There are also two different Lotus Juice-tastic themes playing for each trailer. If I'm not mistaken, the song in Minato's trailer has Yumi Kawamura, the female vocalist from P3, do the, well, female vocals. Yu's has Shihoko Hirata, the female vocalist in P4, do the vocals in the theme to his trailer. I'm guessing those are the battle themes for both protagonists in their respective routes.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 20, 2013

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wonder why they didn't went with Souji Seta then. I always though that the name changing was a royalties related thing.

It kinda bums me out because I always thought Souji Seta just sounded better, but it's probably just because they've already used that name in a full anime and a fighting game (with a sequel!), so it's a bit late to change it back.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Butt Ghost posted:

edit: There are also two different Lotus Juice-tastic themes playing for each trailer. If I'm not mistaken, the song in Minato's trailer has Yumi Kawamura, the female vocalist from P3, do the, well, female vocals. Yu's has Shihoko Hirata, the female vocalist in P4, do the vocals in the theme to his trailer. I'm guessing those are the battle themes for both protagonists in their respective routes.

Yep, it is! It's a bummer that there seems to be so much text and voice work (and double the cast!) so this game will probably take ages to come out in the US.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Firebert posted:

Yep, it is! It's a bummer that there seems to be so much text and voice work (and double the cast!) so this game will probably take ages to come out in the US.

If they keep on the some roles, it's going to be really weird hearing Yuri Lowenthal voice both Minato and Yosuke.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Especially if Adachi shows up somewhere, considering Johnny Yong Bosch voices both him and Yu.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I can't wait to see Ryoji turn up somewhere, even if it just as Pharos.

Three Yuri Lowenthals for the price of one. Who could possibly resist? :shepface:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Maybe they went with the most recognizable? Minato Arisato is pretty well known, while the other name is in a movie yet to be released. On the other hand, Yu Narukami stole the show in ways poor Seta Souji couldn't hope to match.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Iceclaw posted:

Maybe they went with the most recognizable? Minato Arisato is pretty well known, while the other name is in a movie yet to be released.

The first Persona 3 movie is already out.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
It is, now? Oh, well, it's in a movie that's pretty recent. The name Minato is what, 6 years old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Butt Ghost posted:

Especially if Adachi shows up somewhere, considering Johnny Yong Bosch voices both him and Yu.
Yeah, and in P4A his Yu voice is almost the same as his Adachi voice, while it's a little harder to tell in P4 since it's mostly grunts. But I have a feeling Adachi won't show up in PQ, based on the timeframe in which it takes place.