Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The BoardGameGeeks are starting to fret that this might mean the E is going to be an OP exclusive LE, which as much as I don't jump on their constant whining about tourney prizes... Good God would making such an essential ship a prize exclusive suck.

That's totally just speculation, though. In any event it would be weird not to have the E available in a borg-centric op storyline. Maybe it'll be in wave eight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

zVxTeflon posted:

No Voyager or E? How many borg boxes do we need isn't this the third?

Voyager is scheduled for wave 4 I think

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

The BoardGameGeeks are starting to fret that this might mean the E is going to be an OP exclusive LE, which as much as I don't jump on their constant whining about tourney prizes... Good God would making such an essential ship a prize exclusive suck.

That's totally just speculation, though. In any event it would be weird not to have the E available in a borg-centric op storyline. Maybe it'll be in wave eight!

Making the E a prize strikes me as a bad business move. I would be shocked if the prizes weren't culled from the lowest sellers.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Voyager is scheduled for wave 4 I think

Oh nice

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

And the FAQ seems to indicate Janeway is going to have some type of "place a scan token next to your ship" ability.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Otisburg posted:

And the FAQ seems to indicate Janeway is going to have some type of "place a scan token next to your ship" ability.

Who cares about Janeway, what does Harry Kim do?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Whatever Tom Paris tells him to do.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

You know what's funny? There would actually be a use for a 0-point crew card that did nothing (an easy way to use cards that "Disable a crew and this to...", "Discard a crew upgrade to...") and that is exactly how I picture Harry Kim.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14313615#14313615

Looks like the E is going to be a December release.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14313615#14313615

Looks like the E is going to be a December release.

I like the E better than the D, though not as much as the movie connie refit. Gonna be a long 12 months.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

I like the E better than the D, though not as much as the movie connie refit. Gonna be a long 12 months.

Yeah, I mean I am already getting a little antsy for my Bil'Heder battleship, and that's only two months away.

Hmm. I bet we're getting some movie OP events next year.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hmm. I bet we're getting some movie OP events next year.

Oh man given that much of the TOS movies present an "arc" of sorts you could totally make that an OP event. Hell, they do them in 6 month arcs, right? Just do TMP-VI as your arc.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Oh man given that much of the TOS movies present an "arc" of sorts you could totally make that an OP event. Hell, they do them in 6 month arcs, right? Just do TMP-VI as your arc.

I certainly hope so. I want to bring some whales into the future.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
Does anybody know if there is somewhere i could see a game in action on the webz. Like a lets play typee thingee.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

vuk83 posted:

Does anybody know if there is somewhere i could see a game in action on the webz. Like a lets play typee thingee.

This maybe?
http://youtu.be/yGGVqC_w1Wk

That might be only the base set, I would consider seeing if you can find a game store in the area that runs OPs and go watch a game to see some more "current" play. I'm sure spectators would be welcome.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

There's a few "BAT-REPS" up now on the youtube.

Also here's a thing:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
What is an Interceptor 5 and Borg Soong?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

SquadronROE posted:

What is an Interceptor 5 and Borg Soong?

Intercepter 5 is a Bajoran ship.

Borg Soong looks like the ship that Lore and the developmentally disabled Borgs were flyin' around in.

RupertWalpole
Jun 22, 2009
I'm thinking about trying another two ship build with a flagship and the Excelsior.

Excelsior - 26
Sulu - 4
Transwarp Drive - 3
Spock - 5
Photon Torps(5dmg) - 5
Engage - 3
Total points: 46

Reliant - 20
Flagship - 10
Khan - 5
Scotty - 5
Joachim - 4
Photon Torps(Dominion) - 5
Antimatter Mines - 5
Total points: 54

Using the flagship that gives +1 attack, agility, & shields, as well as a free battlestations and +1 def to friendlies within range 1.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

RupertWalpole posted:

Reliant - 20
Flagship - 10
Khan - 5
Scotty - 5
Joachim - 4
Photon Torps(Dominion) - 5
Antimatter Mines - 5
Total points: 54

I like that. You're really working the crit there.

Even flagshipped it's going to be a fragile ship, though. I'd consider running it with the Kraxon.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Otisburg posted:

Intercepter 5 is a Bajoran ship.

What happened to Intercepters 1 through 4 :ohdear:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

What happened to Intercepters 1 through 4 :ohdear:

Spoonheads got 'em. But we have the utmost confidence in the crew of Interceptor 5 to complete the liberation of Bajor.

We're working on Interceptors 6-10 just in case though.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Otisburg posted:

Spoonheads got 'em. But we have the utmost confidence in the crew of Interceptor 5 to complete the liberation of Bajor.

We're working on Interceptors 6-10 just in case though.

spoonheads! :argh:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Why don't they ever actually call them spoonheads? You'd think there would be more ethnic slurs from people just emerging from slavery. However, I am now thinking of entering a tournament with an all Cardassian fleet called "Spoonhead Assault Group Alpha".

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

"Spoonhead" is indeed a canonical slur for the Cardassians. I think even O'Brien might have let the S-word slip once or twice.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Otisburg posted:

"Spoonhead" is indeed a canonical slur for the Cardassians. I think even O'Brien might have let the S-word slip once or twice.

Coming up with their own slur was appparently controversial among the producers!
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Empok_Nor_(episode)?section=7#Reception

RupertWalpole
Jun 22, 2009

Otisburg posted:

I like that. You're really working the crit there.

Even flagshipped it's going to be a fragile ship, though. I'd consider running it with the Kraxon.

It did okay on first trial, though Sulu got targeted first. The rest I did with 3 defense die and maneuvering. I'll definitely have to give the Kraxon a try with counterattack after I get Dukat.

I'm also thinking of replacing the photons with plasma torps. Sacrificing the extra range for re-rolling blanks seems like a fair trade if it means more battlestations for crits.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

OP5 looks like it's going to be a giant loving mess and is practically a scenario designed for cloaked ships.

Discuss.

EDIT: Here's something I think might work against ALL THE OWPS.

United Force 0pts

Keldon Class Ship
Gul Dukat
Cloak
Boheeka
35pts

Koranak + Dominion Flagship
Gul Evek
Cloak
Breen Aide
44pts

Keldon Class Ship
Sar
Cloak
29pts

I am not getting hit by any nonsense.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Dec 21, 2013

RupertWalpole
Jun 22, 2009
You planning to use the Koranak to prime OWPs for destruction? I don't like the tech upgrade cloaks. I wouldn't like to have to re-enable them after use, and the hull on ships that don't typically cloak is lower than the usual suspects.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

RupertWalpole posted:

You planning to use the Koranak to prime OWPs for destruction? I don't like the tech upgrade cloaks. I wouldn't like to have to re-enable them after use, and the hull on ships that don't typically cloak is lower than the usual suspects.

The plan is to let them grind their way through the OWPs while I inch forward and then hit them with my space lasers a few turns later.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Man don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole just use Romulan ships and say they're all highjacked by changelings and you're actually playing Dominion.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Man don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole just use Romulan ships and say they're all highjacked by changelings and you're actually playing Dominion.

Do I need to remind you, you thought the Kraxon was terrible.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

My OP5 cheese build which is remarkably similar to my OP 4 cheese build

Negvar class
Picard
Advanced weapon system

Vorcha class
Gul Dukat
Advanced weapon system

KT'inga class
Romulan Cpt

Dont know if I want to keep the extra KT'inga there for more red dice or just load out the other 2 with shield regen crew + dorsal weapon array. 360 firing arc would allow more assholish flying.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

zVxTeflon posted:

My OP5 cheese build which is remarkably similar to my OP 4 cheese build

Negvar class
Picard
Advanced weapon system

Vorcha class
Gul Dukat
Advanced weapon system

KT'inga class
Romulan Cpt

Dont know if I want to keep the extra KT'inga there for more red dice or just load out the other 2 with shield regen crew + dorsal weapon array. 360 firing arc would allow more assholish flying.

A Flagship and Strike force would probably end up being worth more. I don't think you want any shield regen on there, since they're going to be disabled the whole time.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 21, 2013

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Are those from OP 4? My store isn't doing 4 til Jan

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Flagship is the OP4 reward, Strike Force (and Unified Force) are Admiral's Orders which are print-and-play things from the website. Think of them a bit like tier lists from Warmachine if you're familiar. "If you abide by X restriction in your build you can get Y boon."

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

zVxTeflon posted:

Are those from OP 4? My store isn't doing 4 til Jan

Yeah, page 2 of this thread has all the details on them.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ok hear me out here....

Praetus
Donatra
Dorsal Weapons Array

Romulan Bird of Prey
Dorsal Weapons Array

Romulan Bird of Prey
Dorsal Weapons Array

Romulan Bird of Prey
Dorsal Weapons Array

Romulan Bird of Prey
Dorsal Weapons Array

6 points left for whatever.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

It's clever, I don't see it beating something like 4 Vor'chas with Gowron. I realize the idea is to stay out of arcs, but I think that's easier said than done. You can basically count on a list that just wants to bring bare ships with big primaries swatting down 3 hull/0 shields/no cloak ships like gnats, esp since they can target lock them at will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

RomSpam is pretty effective in our local meta so that's probably not too bad. It may get you hit in the face though.

• Locked thread