Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Sono posted:

What's the best build for Grey Magneto? I just pulled 4 purple covers on 5 standard tokens.

Earlier in the thread I asked about that and it was recommended to max out the purple skill not just for generating blue AP, but for making critical tiles and cascades. I have the similar skill on Grey Widow maxed out and it is fantastic for getting you out of tight spots when the board is stacked against you. Then since she only has one green cover, Wolverine uses all that green instead to leave strike tiles everywhere. I'd probably funnel all of Magneto's blues into my Spider-Man to insure the enemy never takes another turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, looks like we're off to Greenland and Romania today on the Hulk World Tour.

And three star rumble is back I guess.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I get a Punisher in last round's tokens and *naturally* this one doesn't have anything Punisher-locked. Bah.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Bruceski posted:

I get a Punisher in last round's tokens and *naturally* this one doesn't have anything Punisher-locked. Bah.

Captain America is going to be this rounds Thor in terms of token rewards. Calling it now.

Although it would be nice if I could get that last green I need to finish Wolverine who I never use.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Jibo posted:

Although it would be nice if I could get that last green I need to finish Wolverine who I never use.

You're missing out, he's amazing.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Wolverine is indeed amazing. At least until you have him maxed and then both HC's you get are Wolverine's :negative:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I keep getting red Wolvies when I only want yellow. At least he's my second one so I don't have to use him. I didn't max green first time around.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Question: Do the "20% red and yellow damage" boosts affect abilities as well as matches, or just the latter?

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
/\ /\ I'm pretty sure it's just matching those colors.

Got myself a wolvie/cap dud token reward combo as well (maxed). Then I thought how cool a blue Spidey or any punisher would be and did the powered up token daily deal like a dumb dildo and got another cap :downsgun:

Like Kravdraa said, they're two stars and the rest are three so it's weighted that your chances are you'll get those two, but drat. I felt like one of three would deliver. The luck isn't with me today.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I've gotten a green Thor reward and I don't think I can acquire enough HPs to expand my roster capacity in time. Which of my thus far unupgraded two–stars should I sell to make room for him: purple Magneto NOW!, black Moonstone, or yellow Classic Storm?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

MMAgCh posted:

I've gotten a green Thor reward and I don't think I can acquire enough HPs to expand my roster capacity in time. Which of my thus far unupgraded two–stars should I sell to make room for him: purple Magneto NOW!, black Moonstone, or yellow Classic Storm?

I'd say Moonstone, but they're giving so many of her covers that you'll probably max her before any of the other 2-stars; CStorm has been nerfed pretty bad but she's still strong, so I guess that leaves Magneto. Classic is the One True Magneto anyway.

Or you can sell Thor, he's just a dollar store Ragnarok.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
You can do it Lone Goat! Get that #2 while I squat here on 11th for OBW covers :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fellis posted:

You can do it Lone Goat! Get that #2 while I squat here on 11th for OBW covers :v:

I keep going from 12th up to 10th and need to tank a few points.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

McDragon posted:

You're missing out, he's amazing.

I'm kind of curious to try him out with Ragnarok but his green ability doesn't generate me AP and/or cause cascades like CStorm or Grey Widow.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Fellis posted:

Unless the guy slipped from 1st to 2nd in less than 10 seconds, I think I did it~

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The last 20 minutes of the NHB was pretty crazy. 7 people were are fighting for the top spots. I'm hoping my last match put me in 2nd place but I'll take a top 5 spot.

EDIT: drat it, top 5 again.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
So i placed 11th in NHB, and now have 2 black widow classic purple covers i'm not sure if I want to use - should I go 3/5/5 or 5/5/3? The extra AP use would suck, 8ap to steal 3 is amazing, but 11ap to steal 4 is a bit harder to get off. And Espionage is only used if she has control of the tile, so i'm not sure which way to go.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Lightning Rounds finally, finally have a purpose

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lone Goat posted:

Unless the guy slipped from 1st to 2nd in less than 10 seconds, I think I did it~

:toot:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

All I need for Grey Widow are greens but I managed to stay Top 5 and get some bonus crap. Now I wonder how long to wait until jumping into the 3 Star fight.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Grats on the 2nd place finishes! My bracket ended up being pretty crazy too - got top 10, but was aiming for top 5. My team was easy to attack, so I guess that contributed to it :)

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Top 5 finish, completing my Grey Widow at 5/3/5. :woop:

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Got number one in NHB2 but only got Invisible Woman, no 'and previous tier rewards' :(

That was a thing this tournament right? I didn't just imagine that.

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 21, 2013

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Dropped from three to seven in the last two minutes. The top two hap it by at least a hundred points so it was hosed in the last bit.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="423465997"]
Got number one in NHB2 but only got Invisible Woman, no 'and previous tier rewards' :(

No, that was first seen in the Hulk event.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Eddain posted:

Top 5 finish, completing my Grey Widow at 5/3/5. :woop:

Same :hfive:

I just tried the multi-shot on that lvl 175 Hulk mission and, disappointingly, Yelena and Venom didn't receive damage from tile destruction, just from the shot. In my case, that meant 3500+ for the main guy and only 2850 for the others. It's still a very powerful ability, of course, but I'll need like 80k ISO (currently at lvl 117) to deal 3000 damage.

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="423465997"]

It's a thing for present and future events; NHB was still on the old system.

seravid fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 21, 2013

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="423465997"]

The 3* tourney has that ruleset. NHB didn't. 3* also has 500 people bracket, so I seriously doubt there will be a slacker bracket.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="423465997"]

For now that's only In the hulk rewards

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Eddain posted:

No, that was first seen in the Hulk event.

Bah too many tournaments to keep track of.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Been getting totally hosed in these hulk missions. It is just bad luck, but having all the Bulleyes icons just hiding in the corner for three matches just makes it seems evil to me.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Gallow posted:

All I need for Grey Widow are greens but I managed to stay Top 5 and get some bonus crap. Now I wonder how long to wait until jumping into the 3 Star fight.

The best time to jump in is (if you're US) whenever is an inopportune moment. Recently, jumping in at the last minute matchmakes me with other like minded people and a non-struggle turns into a struggle after all. Do it during work hours in the middle of the week and/or lovely hours to be awake during the weekend.

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!
The game (or my bad luck) sure is stingy with those Wolverine yellow covers. I've had mine at 5/3/1 FOREVER. Managed to dang near max out a Spider-Man and get 4 Ragnarok greens / 1 red, but I'll be damned if I can get Wolverine yellows! Would really like to start using him instead of Thor but Wolvie is sitting at max level of 54 right now and that's just not good enough!

Hulk event sure is wonky. Guy in mine is in first place and still gaining more points even though all my missions no longer give points. Mind boggled.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Chuds McGreedy posted:

The best time to jump in is (if you're US) whenever is an inopportune moment. Recently, jumping in at the last minute matchmakes me with other like minded people and a non-struggle turns into a struggle after all. Do it during work hours in the middle of the week and/or lovely hours to be awake during the weekend.

I can't wait that long. A few hours can be painful when there are no other events. I think I need counseling.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Kiffetastic posted:

The game (or my bad luck) sure is stingy with those Wolverine yellow covers. I've had mine at 5/3/1 FOREVER. Managed to dang near max out a Spider-Man and get 4 Ragnarok greens / 1 red, but I'll be damned if I can get Wolverine yellows! Would really like to start using him instead of Thor but Wolvie is sitting at max level of 54 right now and that's just not good enough!

Hulk event sure is wonky. Guy in mine is in first place and still gaining more points even though all my missions no longer give points. Mind boggled.

I remember when I was 2 red Thors and 1 yellow Wolvie short of having the full 5 covers. I had hoarded 2000HP so I said "screw it these 2 are like the best characters in the game I'll just level them up manually".

Next 3 heroic token drops: 2 red Thors, 1 yellow Wolvie.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Nice, I was top 25 in No Holds Barred.

This game is really bad about giving you the same ability for a rare character over and over again. The Hood is 0/0/3. Spiderman is 1/0/3. Punisher is 0/1/3. Kind of annoying. Luckily, my Wolverine is done except the last red cover to fill out his points total, but that doesn't really matter since I rarely use the red power anyway. 5 green and 5 yellow are insane. Getting that awesome green power for one 3-tile match is insane, and he ends up at full health every fight, even if he didn't start that way.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Despite missing the last 7 hours of NHB2 I placed top 10. Would have preferred dropping to top 25.

Top 400 in Nevada for Wolvie yellow, top 800 in Canada for purple cMagneto.

3* tourney is going to be a struggle. Best I have is 2 red lvl 25 Ragnarok, 1/0/1 Magneto, and 1/0 Doom. Also have a 1/1/0 gBlack Widow, but don't think she is worth using without a purple.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Welp. Despite matching no purples the first turn computer Venom just chain snared my entire team down to no health. I didn't get a turn after my first one.

This is after computer Rag matches enviro tiles the first three turns and manages to cast both Godlike Power and his red ability every time.

Granted both missions are listed impossible for me but bullshit is bullshit.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
So here's a question. I recently got a Doctor Doom and a Ragnarok cover. I'm trying to farm Hero Points so I can increase my roster size, but Doom expires in two days and Ragnarok in five, so I might not be able to make it. If it comes down to that, what would you advise I sell to make room? My current roster looks like this:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Moonstone is garbo at the moment so she's an easy pick. From there I would go with either Wolvie or Hawkeye Modern since they have nothing invested in them, and the game seems to throw HMs at you at the moment. You can easily level up Wolvie by playing one of the later prologue missions anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I would just throw :5bux: at hero points. You're likely to have problems with getting enough roster slots later anyway.