Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Hakkesshu posted:

That headline sounds worse than it is. They cut one scene she was in, drastically reducing her screentime, which leads me to believe she was only in the movie for like 5 minutes to begin with. A shame, but maybe it'll be on the blu-ray.

Yeah, thats exactly what it is. She only had a single scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dacap posted:

Yeah, thats exactly what it is. She only had a single scene.

The article just says her screentime has been reduced, not that she only has one scene? Either way, this is clearly not a big deal.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

"Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in."

It's a shame they couldn't edit out the halle berry.

You know, the actual halle berry. From the earth.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Oh, I missed that. Never mind.

This just makes me think that half the returning cast have an equally big role in that film.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hakkesshu posted:

The article just says her screentime has been reduced, not that she only has one scene? Either way, this is clearly not a big deal.

I wonder if that means Iceman is also out.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Ignite Memories posted:

"Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in."

It's a shame they couldn't edit out the halle berry.

You know, the actual halle berry. From the earth.

Is everything okay at home, man?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Can I get a nude Lang?

Now Lang I can get into

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gimme a printout of Ultron smiling.

Edit: If this movie doesn't have a scene where Wasp calls him and he says he'll get it later because he has important work to do then loving cancel this piece of poo poo right now

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 21, 2013

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Is everything okay at home, man?

Halle Berry and Christian Bale raped my parents

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

Oh, I missed that. Never mind.

This just makes me think that half the returning cast have an equally big role in that film.

They already said that X-Men: Apocalypse will be focusing on the First Class cast. In related news, Singer just hired the writers of X2 for that movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The MSJ posted:

They already said that X-Men: Apocalypse will be focusing on the First Class cast. In related news, Singer just hired the writers of X2 for that movie.

I wonder if Wolverine is going to be in that dealing with memories of both times or Wolverine will only be in his solo movies that take place between The Wolverine and Days of Future Past.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It'll be on the DVD, no big deal.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The MSJ posted:

IGN reports (from a Latino Review source) that Avengers 2 might have another villain that could explain the origins of Wanda and Pietro. Possible spoilers:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/20/another-avengers-age-of-ultron-villain-revealed

The rumored villain is Baron Von Strucker, HYDRA leader and father of superpowered twins Andreas and Andrea in the comics.

Huh, aren't the Strucker twins mutants in the comics and thus the rights belong to Fox? because if they go in that direction, then that's a :master: to work with the rights they have.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

Huh, aren't the Strucker twins mutants in the comics and thus the rights belong to Fox? because if they go in that direction, then that's a :master: to work with the rights they have.

They did originate in Uncanny X-Men, but they are not considered mutants because their powers came from messing with their DNA. I don't know how the rights to that would work. The HYDRA connection could suggest that it's another Super Soldier serum experiment like Hulk and Red Skull.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If I found a genie in a lamp, my first two wishes would be for the X-Men and Spider Man rights to revert to marvel :smith:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Don't you dare wish us out of getting a Sinister Six film :mad:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Well if it's a genie wish, he could just wish the entire ASM production over to marvel as well.

Sinister six movie and a guest spot in Avengers 2 or 3 or something. Hell yeah.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I could live with The Ultimate 6 fighting the Avengers on the whitehouse lawn.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

James Gunn confirmed on Instagram that Diesel is Groot

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Dacap posted:

James Gunn confirmed on Instagram that Diesel is Groot

#nofilter

Gonna be honest, I don' think I've been this psyched about a Marvel movie in ages. I can't believe they're actually going through with 'a magical talking tree man and his friend the raccoon with the space blaster have fun in outer space' as a movie. Like, the suspension of disbelief and the buy-in from audiences that they're asking is just so loving audacious that it deserves a round of applause all on its own.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It doesn't hurt that Guardians is a genuinely awesome comic book right now.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Every agonizing middle of the road safe choice that's been crippling the Marvel movies from being really good and interesting movies are finally paying off and I love it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NienNunb posted:

It doesn't hurt that Guardians is a genuinely awesome comic book right now.

Is Bendis still writing... HOLY poo poo, Francesco Francavilla is drawing it?!

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

Is Bendis still writing... HOLY poo poo, Francesco Francavilla is drawing it?!

Bendis is writing and yeah, Francavilla has done the last couple of issues. The guy definitely has a unique style. I think Sara Pichelli is still the main artist on the book, though. Which is fine because she's a fantastic artist.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Seeing how Thor 2 was, I am really confident in Guardians.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ignite Memories posted:

If I found a genie in a lamp, my first two wishes would be for the X-Men and Spider Man rights to revert to marvel :smith:
Then for your second wish you can ask to make Agents of SHIELD awesome with none of the probably executive interference and Disney/ABC not shelling out more money for cameos and good cast members. :smith:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
WRONG THREAD

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 22, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Has anything interesting been revealed about Big Hero 6, other than the fact that they're making a loving Big Hero 6 movie?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sion posted:

#nofilter

Gonna be honest, I don' think I've been this psyched about a Marvel movie in ages. I can't believe they're actually going through with 'a magical talking tree man and his friend the raccoon with the space blaster have fun in outer space' as a movie. Like, the suspension of disbelief and the buy-in from audiences that they're asking is just so loving audacious that it deserves a round of applause all on its own.

Which is unfortunately really silly because what you're talking about only applies to live action. People will accept anything if it's animated but once a flesh and blood actor is onscreen, whoa, what the gently caress is this talking animals bullshit?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

Has anything interesting been revealed about Big Hero 6, other than the fact that they're making a loving Big Hero 6 movie?

I think it takes place in San FranTokyo or something. From what I understand it's a bit more "inspired by" than most other Marvel movies.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I really hope Guardians will become the next The fifth Element in terms of creativity and general atmosphere.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sion posted:

#nofilter

I don't think it will be that tough to convince the audience. Just have a scene where they punch a Chitauri with a comment about how they tried to invade Earth recently. Bam, instant recognition that it's all the same comic universe and to roll with it.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I think Big Hero 6 is going to unironically own because if nothing else, the fact that it's animated will mean that it can be comic book-y as poo poo.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Harry Lennix would be great, but if it's part of an integrated movie universe he's already the general from Man of Steel.

Counterpoint: He's a goddamn shapeshifter.

e: Oh hey, there was a next page. Nevermind!

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

404GoonNotFound posted:

Counterpoint: He's a goddamn shapeshifter.

e: Oh hey, there was a next page. Nevermind!

Yeah, but if they go that route there would have to be a plot point about just how pissed off the general is about having his face 'stolen'. I'd actually like to see that but I doubt they'd do it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well the origin of Martian Manhunter was his original appearance was so terrifying the cop that initially discovered him had a heart attack and died, then J'onn assumed his form.

So this general could discover him and be terrified and die accidentally and then the Martian Manhunter could take his place.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

greatn posted:

Well the origin of Martian Manhunter was his original appearance was so terrifying the cop that initially discovered him had a heart attack and died, then J'onn assumed his form.

So this general could discover him and be terrified and die accidentally and then the Martian Manhunter could take his place.

It would own so hard if Lennix is Martian Manhunter. Nerds would go nuts at the reveal.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Lobok posted:

Which is unfortunately really silly because what you're talking about only applies to live action. People will accept anything if it's animated but once a flesh and blood actor is onscreen, whoa, what the gently caress is this talking animals bullshit?

Maybe not though? This is the post-Gollum world after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jonny Nox posted:

Maybe not though? This is the post-Gollum world after all.

It's funny that you say that, since the Hobbit movies are apparently straight up abandoning the whole talking animals thing with Bard because it's too fantastic. In a fantasy movie.

That being said, I still have high hopes for the GotG movie, hopefully they keep the strange, otherworldly tone they had in the Thor 2 post credits sequence.

• Locked thread