Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

Stock Pintos at dawn, you.

Oh, we're doing gimmick races? Count me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Zinjnok posted:

So no stupid f class racing, right?
I won't be there to ruin the lobby with low-class racing.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I won't be there to ruin the lobby with low-class racing.

you jerk <:mad:>

Last reminder, lobby going up in an hour. I'm gonna take a shot any time I win a race for extra fun.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

Cannot Find Server posted:

you jerk <:mad:>

Last reminder, lobby going up in an hour. I'm gonna take a shot any time I win a race for extra fun.

The soberest day in Cubivore history!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kaddion posted:

The soberest day in Cubivore history!

that wasn't very nice :qq:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

LOBBY IS UP BITCHES!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

We had a pretty decent turnout today and had a good time. Also, 12pm pacific time =/= 12pm GMT, and I am a dumbass. Also I looooveee bourbon.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

So I'll be hosting another lobby on Saturday at 8pm GMT (12pm Pacific, 3pm Eastern). Even with that jerk whatcubed having not shown up last week, we had a larger turnout than the week prior, so I'm hoping that trend continues. Again, we'll just be doing random classes, probably focusing mostly on C-R3 but I'll do other classes if there is a demand for it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lobby going up in half an hour, hope to see some of you there!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Lobby going up in half an hour, hope to see some of you there!

Have to wait on my laundry and stuff being done, should be around after that to hit things with bentleys

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
My Live ran out last week so will be sorting that after Xmas and racing you guys from next week.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Haven't turned the xbox on in like 6 months, but I'll be there for a while, if I'm still even IN AUGR. :(

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Quad posted:

Haven't turned the xbox on in like 6 months, but I'll be there for a while, if I'm still even IN AUGR. :(

Send me a friend request (Cubivore) and join in that way, then you can send a club request to EASA.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
EASA? What fresh hell is this, I thought AUGR was the cool kids. :) Hi Cubivore

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Quad posted:

EASA? What fresh hell is this, I thought AUGR was the cool kids. :) Hi Cubivore

All the clubs combined into one now since there are fewer people playing

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Since there was some interest last night in running a spec race. How about we break out one of the old SAEG specs?

I propose the E to A spec. one car, race it in E.D.C.B.A specs. anything goes. even if last time I think the car had to be under 10K?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I learned a lesson today. If you start playing Forza 4 with the Microsoft Racing Wheel, and that wheel dies, just buy another wheel.

When my wheel died I just picked up a controller and pretty much re-learned how to play the game. And I tuned most of my cars to work with my driving style with a controller, and that worked well for about a year.

I bought a Fanatec CSR with my bonus this year, and it's like starting all over. Jesus Christ.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's the worst part of getting a wheel. You think it's going to be so awesome, but it's actually terrible at first.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hey by the way, as usual, I'll be hosting a lobby tomorrow at 8pm GMT as with the last few weeks. I'll keep hosting them at the same time every Saturday as long as people keep showing up! Well except for the 11th, since AGDQ will be happening then.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Hey by the way, as usual, I'll be hosting a lobby tomorrow at 8pm GMT as with the last few weeks. I'll keep hosting them at the same time every Saturday as long as people keep showing up! Well except for the 11th, since AGDQ will be happening then.

Any particular spec or just dice racing again?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AzMiLion posted:

Any particular spec or just dice racing again?

Random poo poo probably. Next weekend I was thinking of doing the one car from E to A thing though.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Random poo poo probably. Next weekend I was thinking of doing the one car from E to A thing though.

Cool, E to A owns. I'll probably be there tonight if i can get all my cleaning and shopping done before then.(Christmas parties apparently make a giant mess, who knew!)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

As usual, I'll be hosting a lobby at 8pm GMT today. I wanna do one car for E through A. I'll be picking tracks that better suit each class and whatnot.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

As usual, I'll be hosting a lobby at 8pm GMT today. I wanna do one car for E through A. I'll be picking tracks that better suit each class and whatnot.
This is 2pm Central US time right? I think I'll show up today. Gotta make a car though.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Spent all day putting together plastic robots, kinda tired and i have school poo poo to do. So i'm gonna have to sit this one out.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This is 2pm Central US time right? I think I'll show up today. Gotta make a car though.

Yep, it sure is. I have an awesome car chosen for this, so it should be fun.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I think a few people who were in the race this afternoon were interested in the tuning calculator.

Main Tuning Calculator

Last DLC addendum

The second link there has only the eleven cars that were in the final DLC pack. The first link has all the cars from the main game plus all the previous DLC.

Basically I just use the page labelled FMTC Main. Pick your car from the drop down top center, then fill in the info on the left column using in-game data, and it will spit out settings. It works best if you use all the fully adjustable parts (suspension, differential, transmission). You can also mess with the advanced settings on the right-hand column if you want. I don't know how to use any of the other spreadsheet tabs like Class Builder.

If you need more info some guy put like a 20-minute video on YouTube on how to set it up.

It's not a guarantee that you will get a perfect setup, but if you don't know how to tune at all it is pretty useful. Also it can get a car set up pretty well, and you can fine-tune it.

:siren: Since it's an Excel file and you're modifying it, make sure not to save the file with the data you input, or just make a backup on your system in case.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 5, 2014

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The combination of snow, ice on the roads, wind, temperature etc. has basically shut this area down and this is the 2nd day in a row I was told not to come in to work. I havent left the house in 4 days. Gettin some serious cabin fever.

I'm gonna load up a Forza 4 lobby about 12 noon eastern (9AM pacific, 5PM GMT).

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 7, 2014

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Well no one on my friends list is actually online so :v:

I'll try again in 3 hours (12pm pacific / 3pm eastern / 8pm gmt)

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Basticle posted:

Well no one on my friends list is actually online so :v:

I'll try again in 3 hours (12pm pacific / 3pm eastern / 8pm gmt)
Some of us don't live in a frozen wasteland and still have to go to work, you know :smith:

If you want to try playing tonight, we can throw a lobby up after 7pm Eastern or so.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Some of us don't live in a frozen wasteland and still have to go to work, you know :smith:

If you want to try playing tonight, we can throw a lobby up after 7pm Eastern or so.

most of the country is a frozen wasteland :(

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'd totally be down except there's a giant block of games I really need to see at AGDQ. Sorry for being way nerdier than you guys :(

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

I'd totally be down except there's a giant block of games I really need to see at AGDQ. Sorry for being way nerdier than you guys :(

Which ones? I watched Yoshi's Island yesterday. Love that game!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Seymour Butts posted:

Which ones? I watched Yoshi's Island yesterday. Love that game!

Pretty much every single game starting with Mario: Lost Levels all the way through Super Star Wars. About 13 hours straight of games I really want to watch.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm playing if anyones down to race.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This is the first Saturday in over a month that I'm home, Cubivore are you hosting again?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Basticle posted:

This is the first Saturday in over a month that I'm home, Cubivore are you hosting again?

I feel bad for missing out on the last couple of your races Cubivore; will endeavour to be there for the next one.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Basticle posted:

I was watching AGDQ last Saturday, but I will be hosting this coming Saturday.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I was watching AGDQ last Saturday, but I will be hosting this coming Saturday.

I'm down for this Saturday. What time do you guys race?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Jarf posted:

I'm down for this Saturday. What time do you guys race?

12pm pacific US/ 3pm eastern US/ 8pm gmt

• Locked thread