Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

precision posted:

I have never watched a single episode of The Wire and do not intend to anytime soon. :dealwithit:

I mean being ignorant is bliss and all that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

precision posted:

I have never watched a single episode of The Wire and do not intend to anytime soon. :dealwithit:

I've never seen any of Breaking Bad, what do you think about that?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

precision posted:

You wouldn't like it anyway.

The wire is for cool people only.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I really wanted to hate the Wire when I first watched it due to everyone loving gushing over it all the time, but I just couldn't. It completely sucked me in, and I became that which I hated.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The only two TV shows I have ever seen are the Star Treks and That 70s Show, and really what more would someone need to see?!??!??!?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Idris Elba hasn't watched The Wire, you want to be cool like Idris Elba don't you?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Nah I just want to be different like everyone else.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Charlie Brooker loves The Wire and that dude hates everything.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

precision posted:

Eh, you're not missing much.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mu Zeta posted:

Charlie Brooker loves The Wire and that dude hates everything.

You know what Charlie Brooker called the greatest crime drama of all time?

Breaking Bad.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

The Duke posted:

RIP Go On and Happy Endings :cripes:

RIP Zero Hour :cripes:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Mo0 posted:

RIP Zero Hour :cripes:

RIP Smash... :dance:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cactus posted:

Nah I just want to be different like everyone else.

I want to be different, like everybody else I want to be like
I want to be just like all the different people
I have no further interest in being the same,
because I have seen difference all around,
and now I know that that's what I want
I don't want to blend in and be indistinguishable,
I want to be part of the different crowd,
and assert my individuality along with others
who are different like me
I don't want to be identical to anyone or anything
I don't even want to be identical to myself
I want to look in the mirror and wonder,
"who is that person? I've never seen that person before;
I've never seen anyone like that before."
I want to call into question the very idea that
identity can be attached
I want a floating, shifting, ever changing persona:
Invisibility and Obscurity,
detachment from the ego and all of it's pursuits.
Unity is useless
Conformity is competitive and divisive and leads only to
stagnation and death.
If what I'm saying doesn't make any sense,
that's because sense can not be made
It's something that must be sensed
and I, for one, am incensed by all this complacency
Why oppose war only when there's a war?
Why defend the clinics only when they are attacked?
Why are we always reactive?
Let's activate something
Let's gently caress poo poo up
Whatever happened to revolution for the hell of it?
Whatever happening to protesting nothing in particular, just
protesting cause it's Saturday and there's nothing else to do?

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Yeah...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
not watching any tv show for any reason doesn't make you cool in any way, let's move on

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Just want to say catching up on this thread has been like drilling something rusty into my frontal lobe.

But that cancellation video was great, especially for the mention of Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell. Fun little show, and I appreciate how kinda twisted it is. Definite recommend.

Is Newsreaders worth catching up on?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Yeah, this thread used to be really good, now it's a chore to read. Oh well.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

For my part in this, I apologise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Just want to say catching up on this thread has been like drilling something rusty into my frontal lobe.

But that cancellation video was great, especially for the mention of Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell. Fun little show, and I appreciate how kinda twisted it is. Definite recommend.

Is Newsreaders worth catching up on?

Yes, Newsreaders is pretty great.

http://video.adultswim.com/newsreaders/gay-camp.html

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, this thread used to be really good, now it's a chore to read. Oh well.

This thread always turns to poo poo when there's no tv.

In news tangentially related to television, HBO will apparently be holding special events across the country for its least popular show. Attendees can watch the 'stars' walk down the red carpet live and preview an undetermined number of new episodes.

And just in case you've written off Girls completely, listen to this: Taystee from Orange is the New Black has joined the cast for season 3.

quote:

"I will be the first Black woman to be on Girls," Brooks said.

Break down those barriers, girlfriend.

Hopefully she'll last longer than Donald Glover, whose character only appeared in two episodes before being dumped by Hannah for having opinions. Then again,

if she steps on Dunham's raunchy fat girl shtick, she might get the boot even faster.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I was under the impression that Girls existed in the same universe as Friends where black people don't exist.

The universe where all the black people exist is, of course, Girlfriends.

Wandle Cax posted:

I've never seen any of Breaking Bad, what do you think about that?

Guys, guys, guys.

I've never seen The Wire or Breaking Bad.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Dec 21, 2013

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

raditts posted:

I was under the impression that Girls existed in the same universe as Friends where black people don't exist.

The universe where all the black people exist is, of course, Girlfriends.
:golfclap:

quote:

Guys, guys, guys.

I've never seen The Wire or Breaking Bad.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooom.
Truly a man amongst goons. :worship:

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

raditts posted:

I'll take just about any excuse to share this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUc0vbSlanM

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Irish Joe posted:

This thread always turns to poo poo when there's no tv.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I've never seen Breaking Bad, but I've never missed an episode of Talking Bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm pretty sure that never watching Star Trek makes you incredibly cool, not that I would know about that.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I'm pretty sure that never watching Star Trek makes you incredibly cool, not that I would know about that.

It certainly decreases your chance of being a pedophile.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Boogaleeboo posted:

You know what Charlie Brooker called the greatest crime drama of all time?

Breaking Bad.

I'm pretty sure Charlie Brooker said that Doom was the best video game of all time, and he is, of course, 100% correct.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I'm pretty sure Charlie Brooker said that Doom was the best video game of all time, and he is, of course, 100% correct.

Nope, he said it was Twitter.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Rarity posted:

Nope, he said it was Twitter.

Nope, he did not.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just caught up on Parks and Recreation and I can't seem to find this anywhere, but is this set to be the final season? Two main characters are written out, a third has been missing most of the season, and just about everyone including Leslie has had a dramatic life changing set of circumstances. And the Eagleton thing. It sure FEELS like a final season but is that just because of actors getting antsy/wanting to move on and the show having to constantly up the stakes of stories?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fag Boy Jim posted:

It's actually Angry Birds.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Parks is probably gonna get cancelled, but nothing's official yet.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

MrAristocrates posted:

Parks is probably gonna get cancelled, but nothing's official yet.

Let's hope. It should've ended last year.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So negative! I love this season, it's probably my favorite since the third. But I'd be fine with it ending as it has been a good run. It'd be nice if it could at least get the 30 Rock treatment unless the back half is enough to wrap it up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This isn't the best season of Parks and Rec but that's like saying "This brick of gold wrapped in fifty dollar bills isn't as good as the one I got that was wrapped in hundred dollar bills".

Saying it's gotten bad enough to warrant cancellation is especially harsh. Oh wait, goons/the Internet.

I will say that I wouldn't be unhappy with them wrapping it up, because I feel like we've explored Pawnee and these people enough to be done with it, but if there's another season and it's good I won't really complain either.

Though I do wish Aubrey Plaza would get more work, April is a great character but Plaza has an even better range than she's being allowed to utilize on P&R.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aubrey Plaza is doing a bunch of movies now. I think she's the breakout star next to Chris Pratt.

Parks and Rec is the only comedy I'm still enjoying. I don't want it to be cancelled :(

e: Brooklyn 99 is also great, forgot about that.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 22, 2013

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

Aubrey Plaza is doing a bunch of movies now. I think she's the breakout star next to Chris Pratt.

I haven't seen her in anything except that one indie movie that keeps popping up in Netflix. The guy who plays Leslie's boyfriend (not Louis CK, the other one) seems to be doing well for himself. With a decent haircut he'd be a perfect lead for an Apatow movie.

Edit: Adam Scott

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 22, 2013

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

precision posted:

Saying it's gotten bad enough to warrant cancellation is especially harsh. Oh wait, goons/the Internet.

I think what MrA meant was because of its ratings it might get canceled because of ratings(P&R with almost a 1-1.1 average this season) but considering NBC's other shows, P&R is probably safe.

Irish Joe posted:

I haven't seen her in anything except that one indie movie that keeps popping up in Netflix. The guy who plays Leslie's boyfriend (not Louis CK, the other one) seems to be doing well for himself. With a decent haircut he'd be a perfect lead for an Apatow movie.

Edit: Adam Scott

Chris Pratt also seems to be branching out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

precision posted:

This isn't the best season of Parks and Rec but that's like saying "This brick of gold wrapped in fifty dollar bills isn't as good as the one I got that was wrapped in hundred dollar bills".

It's had 6 seasons, the ratings are now in the toilet, and it's nowhere near as funny as it once was. The characters have all been through very satisfying arcs and there's not much left they really need to do with them without it getting a bit old. The end of this season is probably the time to wrap it up.

• Locked thread