Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Duped plat can be tracked through logs which will also show most RMT transactions (cases where plat went to a character for nothing or for an incommensurate set of items), but by now much of it will be in the hands of people who engaged in legit transactions. All the plat that was on those accounts, as well as the items that were bought with such plat (which includes least one pre-nerf fungi staff) will be gone.

Does this mean I might lose random amounts of plat and/or items from my character? Or are you just saying that the initial offenders are going to lose their accounts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Siets posted:

Does this mean I might lose random amounts of plat and/or items from my character? Or are you just saying that the initial offenders are going to lose their accounts?

Unless you were involved in actual RMT or duping, you're fine. Once the pp is "in the wild", the damage is done, they aren't going to go after it.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

xZAOx posted:

Unless you were involved in actual RMT or duping, you're fine. Once the pp is "in the wild", the damage is done, they aren't going to go after it.

Ok yeah, that was what I was concerned about. I haven't ever done any RMT/duping or the like. I was just worried that they were going to try and purge everything that was "dirty" from the economy no matter how far the transactions went or something.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

And all this time I just thought TMO was just a great bunch people who enjoy raiding within the bounds of the rules.

The server will be a better place without them.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

TouchToneDialing posted:

And all this time I just thought TMO was just a great bunch people who enjoy raiding within the bounds of the rules.

The server will be a better place without them.

For 2 weeks, add in variance and extended-variance, and you're looking at a whopping 1 to 2 spawns for most contested mobs.

I mean, it'll be a good two weeks - the last time they got suspended was too. But this changes nothing other than a lot of TMO crying all of the forums, but they'll be back to gloating and the normal crap by mid-January.

I have zero faith that Rogean's threat will change their attitude towards raiding. Unfortunately, EQ, and especially P99 with the dumb ultra-long-forever-variance poo poo, rewards whoever will stoop to the lowest, dumbest, most boring poo poo. This gives TMO the power and control. Other guilds that aren't willing to do the things that are completely against the original spirit of how to play EQ (aka, every other guild besides FE/IB, and sometimes Taken who loves to poopsock Inny lately apparently), are pretty much at the mercy of whatever TMO decides, and TMO knows this of course.

It'll never be "Guilds treating each other better". At most it'll be "TMO giving scraps to other guilds to appease Rogean so they can raid Velious".

Man, Rogean must not have any children. Or if they do, they must run his household.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
It's like a train wreck, I can't stop reading the drama.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just ban the entire guild. Jesus loving Christ.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
According to leaked images (could be fake, I wouldn't know), but Zeelot is threatening to disband TMO tonight if Rogean doesn't "solve this injustice".

I'm not sure exactly who he thinks he's threatening with something bad? It's like when my 3 year old throws a tantrum and decides she'll punish me by going in her room and being quiet.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

According to leaked images (could be fake, I wouldn't know), but Zeelot is threatening to disband TMO tonight if Rogean doesn't "solve this injustice".

I'm not sure exactly who he thinks he's threatening with something bad? It's like when my 3 year old throws a tantrum and decides she'll punish me by going in her room and being quiet.

Oh god I hope this is true.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The real problem is a problem of culture. Yes a few individuals were the main focus of this incident, but it's clear that the "win at any cost" culture is completely endemic to TMO at this point. As long as that remains the case, the raid scene will fail to improve. That's why you have to punish everyone. Yes it's a statement. Of course it is. It's time to shape up or ship out.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Leaked images are real, we might disband.

The only thing the new raid rules solve is training in VP. If 1 guild gets a mob and can't compete for 2 hours on the next spawn, then the next most powerful guild will likely get the mob. This trend will bounce back and forth, leaving a roughly 50/50 split on the raid mobs.

Also, it's clear from what I'm reading that nobody knew what was going on besides these two. They were apparently ip logged doing the dupe a little over a year ago and at least Froovy is claiming that his was less value than a decent howling stone night could provide. Obviously, his trust is completely blown at this point, so only the GMs know the real damage that this has done to the economy. If it was 100k or less, probably not much. If it was millions, then the effects run deep.

ohno fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 20, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I wish Rogean would give everyone the code for his server so we could just make our own if we don't like the way he runs his. I'm not sure why he doesn't do this other than the fact that it would drop the P99 population quite a bit, I would guess.

There's no way a guy knew a plat dupe and only did 100k of duping. It was likely tens of millions between 100+ accounts.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

hayden. posted:

There's no way a guy knew a plat dupe and only did 100k of duping. It was likely tens of millions between 100+ accounts.

Probably true. I do know that most of TMO accounts banned are really just suspended. All of Froovy/Internode characters are perma banned. Our trackers, recharge mules, characters that have no real owner (people that quit) will be probably be gone for good. Leaving 60 or so accounts that will be unsuspended in a few weeks.

But I do hope the amount of plat that was actually duped can be uncovered, as well as all of the mules that they held it on.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

So, TMO is officially done and gone - we disbanded tonight. Sounds like everyone is going to spread out into needy guilds to help them get FTE/kills/loot and will assist everyone who is engaging. Whoever gets FTE gets the loot.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
Except none of you are allowed to raid for 2 weeks. Eagerly awaiting more bans. This makes me want to play on this server again.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe, but I haven't seen anything saying all TMO members during raid suspension can't raid for 2 weeks. Regardless, we will still all help other guilds get kills, even if we can't raid for 2 weeks. It'll help everyone on the server.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I think you guys should just reform on the RED server and just have a ball there, until team server releases.

Beg rogean for the team server release to give you someplace to go, much like the evicted demons begged Jesus and He let them go possess some pigs.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Hot off the press: VP is now under standard raid rules! Get ready for poopsock central!!

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
Allahu akbar, God is great.

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
If anyone has a banded-capable smith near Cabilis, holla at Vallisk if you ever see me online.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

What pieces do you need? I'll auction in EC later for them and run them your way if anyone is selling.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Nilbog Resident posted:

If anyone has a banded-capable smith near Cabilis, holla at Vallisk if you ever see me online.

Will be online in two hours. Will look for you on Skullmonkey

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thinking about attempting ancient cyclops sometime soon for JBoots. I am just about level 32 on my necromancer. What level do you guys think I could achieve the camp? Also, should I do the camp in Southern Ro, or the camp in Ocean of Tears?

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
Dawww thanks ohno but don't worry about it, looks like it's covered. I haven't been able to find anyone selling in EC lately anyway.

I shouuuuuuld still be here Pillow, going out in a bit but I'll see you if I see you. I'll just wait around in Cab.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Siets posted:

Thinking about attempting ancient cyclops sometime soon for JBoots. I am just about level 32 on my necromancer. What level do you guys think I could achieve the camp? Also, should I do the camp in Southern Ro, or the camp in Ocean of Tears?

I see your confusion about what level it was - the wiki says 32/41 or something, I assume that means there's a chance it might be either of those. You can try it and hope you get the lower level one. As a 31 necro you should be fine.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

Siets posted:

Problem with SRO is it seems to be less of a chance to get an AC spawn as well as its almost always contested with a line. Problem with OOT is the level 42 cyclopes that often spawns. But ill bet you can run SRO with your level 34 spells and a bit of patients.

Wondermoose
Aug 17, 2009
Holy poo poo! It is time to seriously start leveling. The endgame is what was really killing my will to level on this server.

Can anyone craft the iksar cultural armor? If so, how much would you charge for it?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

End game isn't really going to be any better with TMO gone. Some guild always takes the spot of one that dies. Will probably be BDA or FE or something next. The same terrible people are still playing.

Wondermoose
Aug 17, 2009
Man, why you got to try and dash my hopes and kill my motivation?

I can at least hope can't I?

Edit: 25% exp boost until January 2nd.

Wondermoose fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 22, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

You can still do some less contested stuff and planar trash clearing with casual guilds. Other than that not much opportunities.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

hayden. posted:

I see your confusion about what level it was - the wiki says 32/41 or something, I assume that means there's a chance it might be either of those. You can try it and hope you get the lower level one. As a 31 necro you should be fine.

Thought the lower one spawned in SRo and then ran right into the merchant camp and killed himself

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Wondermoose posted:

Holy poo poo! It is time to seriously start leveling. The endgame is what was really killing my will to level on this server.

Can anyone craft the iksar cultural armor? If so, how much would you charge for it?

I can craft it. Are you looking for imbued or unimbued Cabilis Scale?

Wondermoose
Aug 17, 2009
Just regular Cabilis scale would be awesome. I just have banded right now.

I'm pretty sure imbued isn't worth it, since it is just a little STR and some WIS that I don't need as a Warrior.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

lightpole posted:

Thought the lower one spawned in SRo and then ran right into the merchant camp and killed himself

The AC PH in SRO does not move.

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
There's a pretty good guide on the p99 wiki for getting the SRo AC. I got it in about an hour using it. Good luck!

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Plato, Heidegger, Aristotle, LOL
Unfortunately it looks like the TMO disband was temporary. I'm guessing that they only did it because they had people posting their guild motd and /gu chat. We used to do this from time to time to prevent spying.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

More like the leader was throwing a tantrum and decided later he didn't want to lose all his power.

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Unfortunately it looks like the TMO disband was temporary. I'm guessing that they only did it because they had people posting their guild motd and /gu chat. We used to do this from time to time to prevent spying.

No, the spy was already uncovered. It was disbanded because Zeelot made the threat and followed through, that simple. Other officers reformed today, and now we get to go through the long slow process of re-inviting everyone. As much as TMO liked the old setup, it's clear that things have to change in the raid scene.

The current temporary setup that is under way is half correct, in my opinion. Trains should probably be outlawed in Vesshan's Peak. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy training in Veeshan's Peak. But I also enjoy other guilds trying to mess with our pulls, or training us with 15 wurms right after we engage a dragon. It causes many tears, but also a lot of coordination on pull teams. But no training was inevitable, although the will probably happen quite often of accident.

The 2 hour delay on a previously killed mob will probably be argues pretty heavily against. As it stands, TMO and FE/IB split raid mobs, but slightly more go to TMO. The 2 hour delay just means that IB/FE are going to be defaulted ~50% of the mobs instead their current ~30%. TMO loses, IB/FE gain, and everyone else stays the same.

I'd personally like to see at least 1 repop a week and some sort of Competition Mob list & Competition/Rotation mob list.

Competition Mobs are always competed for by tracking & FTE. They are the newer, hard, and more strategic mobs. All of VP, Trakanon, & VS would probably be on this list.

Competion/Rotation mobs would rotate every spawn between a mob that guilds will compete for FTE and then the next time a rotational guild is given a 6 hour window to engage, after that the next rotational guild on the list gets 6 hours to kill, etc.

Regardless of agreed upon rules, the server will definitely be different and a bit more raid friendly.

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004

ohno posted:

The current temporary setup that is under way is half correct, in my opinion. Trains should probably be outlawed in Vesshan's Peak. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy training in Veeshan's Peak. But I also enjoy other guilds trying to mess with our pulls, or training us with 15 wurms right after we engage a dragon. It causes many tears, but also a lot of coordination on pull teams. But no training was inevitable, although the will probably happen quite often of accident.

This is the shittiest mindset ever and is the reason things are so messed up on this server. I've been in #1 raiding guilds on 4 different servers since '99 and things NEVER were like how it is on this server.

There was competition, for sure, but it was organized and not at all the childish clusterfuck you seem to be condoning. lovely people are the cause of a lovely raid scene, not too many guilds competing for targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Zombones posted:

This is the shittiest mindset ever and is the reason things are so messed up on this server. I've been in #1 raiding guilds on 4 different servers since '99 and things NEVER were like how it is on this server.

There was competition, for sure, but it was organized and not at all the childish clusterfuck you seem to be condoning. lovely people are the cause of a lovely raid scene, not too many guilds competing for targets.

Maybe, but it's the mindset that I was introduced to when I started raiding VP on this server. Regardless of whether it is right or wrong, it is fun. The majority of the time it was our guild getting trained while we tried to actually kill dragons. The other guilds weren't there to even attempt the mob, just train and mess with us. Tho, we would have obviously dished it out if anyone else were to try to entrench their guild in VP. Regardless, these are the rules/strategies of the past.

• Locked thread