Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

fleshweasel posted:

or maybe it's about ladies who see monsters in every shadow and the shackles of oppression in every man whose knees aren't touching

Yeah, it's tumblr, so it's this. Every man is a potential rapist, after all. Well, according to the tumblr types anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Hey, they are mostly correct.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

And goddamn it, some of us dudes are just loving big guys. I'm 6'5" and not a narrow-shouldered beanpole, I'm going to be edging into other people's space on the bus, I literally can do nothing about this.

That last part is demonstrably false. You could just saw off your legs below the knee, for instance, so you'll be shorter/of more average height.

So, git ta sawin'.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

AtAt-de-fay posted:

What was the word? What was the word? :allears:

Transposed letter in the original manuscript. "Aword" has been corrected in the more current printings.

I have forgotten most of AFfC. Did it really end with "A word came out of her mouth" or something?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's 'she screamed a word' and that's the final Brienne chapter, not that the end of the book. I think that the book ends with the Samwell chapter where he meets with Jaqen, or with the Doran going 'Fyah and Blud'.

But anyway the word is 'Sword'.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's 'she screamed a word' and that's the final Brienne chapter, not that the end of the book. I think that the book ends with the Samwell chapter where he meets with Jaqen, or with the Doran going 'Fyah and Blud'.

But anyway the word is 'Sword'.

It ends with Sam meeting the disguised Jaqen.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Aurain posted:

465 days is only roughly one and a third years.

Although his actual probation is listed at ~4000 days. So either the book will be out, or GRRM will have likely died.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PittTheElder posted:

Although his actual probation is listed at ~4000 days. So either the book will be out, or GRRM will have likely died.

He got a 100,000 hour probation but that's basically a placeholder for the actual length since it's the only option the mods had to use short of banning him, which would mean he'd lose av/plat and the ability to lurk behind the paywall.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
How do people know Pate is Jaqen? Couldn't he be any faceless man?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

fleshweasel posted:

or maybe it's about ladies who see monsters in every shadow and the shackles of oppression in every man whose knees aren't touching

Uh uh it's that and not the fact that it takes a whole lot of loving room in a cramped space.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 19, 2013

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The description of the faceless man who kills Pate matches the description of Jaqen after he transforms infront of Arya, it has also been confirmed by the GURM himself.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The description of the faceless man who kills Pate matches the description of Jaqen after he transforms infront of Arya, it has also been confirmed by the GURM himself.

I'm thinking I need to reread AFfC. I just don't pick up on things in this series. I was so proud of myself for figuring out who the bard in Bolton's Winterfell was :ohdear:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm still waiting for the payoff of Sarella Sand messing around in Oldtown, but he probably forgot about that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Max posted:

I'm still waiting for the payoff of Sarella Sand messing around in Oldtown, but he probably forgot about that.

I don't even remember that character :(

VVVVV: Oh.

Man I feel so dumb reading these threads, first Jaquen now Alleras, I didn't guess who was the singer as well.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 19, 2013

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Kurtofan posted:

I don't even remember that character :(

Alleras, the Sphinx.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Max posted:

He's not the only one. Who the gently caress are all these people?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I constantly get the feeling that I should have read AFFC and ADWD much more carefully, because apparently I missed a whole bunch of stuff.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

A Glistening Hodor was just probated for 465 days for a thread he did in GBS. Godspeed, you beautiful bastard.

I feel partially to blame. Sorry Tony.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

mind the walrus posted:

He always talked the talk and rode the snake. Hope he sees this and knows he'll be missed.

:(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

The last part of this will be true after 465 days, too.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

God rest ye, Tony.

BoT, you got a weird Arny thing going.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

SaviourX posted:

God rest ye, Tony.

He shoulda said "sword".

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

AtAt-de-fay posted:

He shoulda said "sword".

That's not how you pronounce "sword!"

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Arbite posted:

That's not how you pronounce "sword!"

Well, don't I feel foolish.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
But will it really mighty my penis, man?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
How about "the rapist" for $200, then?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

SaviourX posted:

BoT, you got a weird Arny thing going.

"Got"?

Man, coming up on two years already. Time to refresh it soon :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Got"?

Man, coming up on two years already. Time to refresh it soon :allears:

I'd recommend a Commando one but there's already a user called Colonel John Matrix with a great Arnie avatar. Commando is the greatest film.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Because that would add an unnecessary character who would be hard to remember who's story could easily have been grafted onto someone....else...wait a minute.

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Speleothing posted:

I constantly get the feeling that I should have read AFFC and ADWD much more carefully, because apparently I missed a whole bunch of stuff.

I feel like that with all of the Iron Island and Dorne chapters. I just couldn't get into those.

bat duck
Jul 23, 2001

In Aryas last chapter she starts thinking about lemon cakes, then she changes her mind because it was Arya of house Stark that liked those. I know Sansa likes lemon cakes, but has Arya ever talked or thought about them? What I'm wondering is if Arya is getting things mixed up and she's getting arya and Sansa confused and actually forgetting who she was. The last line in that chapter I believe is her answering "no one" and she's for once not called a liar.

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
Pretty sure everyone in Westeros loves lemon cakes, man.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

bat duck posted:

In Aryas last chapter she starts thinking about lemon cakes, then she changes her mind because it was Arya of house Stark that liked those. I know Sansa likes lemon cakes, but has Arya ever talked or thought about them? What I'm wondering is if Arya is getting things mixed up and she's getting arya and Sansa confused and actually forgetting who she was. The last line in that chapter I believe is her answering "no one" and she's for once not called a liar.

When she was a peasant in Kings Landing she was fiending over some lemon cakes.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Lemony lemony lomein cakes!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Saw this in the tv thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_wkhdoE-c0&t=2001s

The Gurmiest fan.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

:drat:

That happened.

edit: no wait the guy after her, this video is priceless

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 22, 2013

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Who's the gurmiest? I can't tell! Maybe we're all the gurmiest.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There is no Gurm but Gurm, and Ty is his prophet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jason Momoa is a pretty cool dude.

That video kind of sums up the internet in general for me. Rape jokes. Lots of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

There is no Gurm but Gurm, and Ty is his prophet.

Does that make us his theologists?