Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
Looks like I'll probably be picking up a white Nexus 5. Any recommendations for third-party cases? Google is asking $35 for theirs, which seems excessive.

Edit: While we're at it - is there such a thing as a good wireless charger for the phone?

Nihiliste fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

regulargonzalez posted:

Any suggestions for a good kickstand case for the HTC One? As slim and unobtrusive as possible.

Check i-blason on amazon. I like the one that's on mine (even though I now use a caseless Moto X).

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Nihiliste posted:

Looks like I'll probably be picking up a white Nexus 5. Any recommendations for third-party cases? Google is asking $35 for theirs, which seems excessive.

Edit: While we're at it - is there such a thing as a good wireless charger for the phone?

Diztronic.

Official Nexus Qi charger is tits or an on sale Nokia one. Or tylt.

Don't go to cheap on the Qi charger. It may burn your house down. (anecdotal)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

The Tylt owns. T-Mobile did have a deal on it on their site, I don't know if it's still there.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Avocados posted:

My Verizon GS3 finally updated to 4.3. It's cool and stuff but jesus my phone got sluggish, like, really sluggish. Time for a factory reset? :(

I got it on my TMO G3 awhile ago and been contemplating the same thing. But the effort of backing up and restoring everything. :negative:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Avocados posted:

My Verizon GS3 finally updated to 4.3. It's cool and stuff but jesus my phone got sluggish, like, really sluggish. Time for a factory reset? :(

It might be something with 4.3 and the GS3 more than what you have on it. I had the same issue with a sluggish wake up time, with cyanogenmod 4.3 albeit, but hav eno issues with kitkat (omnirom). If anything 4.4 is quicker than it ever was.

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Nihiliste posted:

I got a white N5 too. Went with a case that had a clear back to show off the sexy white with black trim. Amazon has a few all around $10 or less, otherwise diztronic is the goon goto.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Boiled Water posted:

It might be something with 4.3 and the GS3 more than what you have on it. I had the same issue with a sluggish wake up time, with cyanogenmod 4.3 albeit, but hav eno issues with kitkat (omnirom). If anything 4.4 is quicker than it ever was.
Didn't the SGS3 have the same issue when 4.1 came to it?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Do these diztronic cases attract dirt? I have some kind of bumper/case on my work tablet, and I have to peel it off and wash it about once a week because it gets so dirty. It's probably silicone though, not TPR or whatever.

Fake edit: Apparently the only colors available for the Moto X are black, pink, or clear with glitter. What's the point of motomaker if I can't show off my k-rad yellow back with yellow buttons?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Toilet Clam posted:

Do these diztronic cases attract dirt? I have some kind of bumper/case on my work tablet, and I have to peel it off and wash it about once a week because it gets so dirty. It's probably silicone though, not TPR or whatever.

Fake edit: Apparently the only colors available for the Moto X are black, pink, or clear with glitter. What's the point of motomaker if I can't show off my k-rad yellow back with yellow buttons?

I had a Diztronic on my GNex, and my fiance has one on her RAZR M. We never had any issues with dirt, but some people say that they get dirt between the case and the phone.

Also, the back is why I have a bumper case on my Moto X. The buttons are covered, but you could probably cut that section out if you really wanted.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

FogHelmut posted:

I had a Diztronic on my GNex, and my fiance has one on her RAZR M. We never had any issues with dirt, but some people say that they get dirt between the case and the phone.

Also, the back is why I have a bumper case on my Moto X. The buttons are covered, but you could probably cut that section out if you really wanted.

Does the bumper make the buttons easier or harder to press? Mine are pretty hard with no case.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="423515770"]
Does the bumper make the buttons easier or harder to press? Mine are pretty hard with no case.

I would say easier. The buttons are bigger and it makes good contact.

http://imgur.com/kjyG8iB
http://imgur.com/t2mmPx2

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Oh, they finally changed the website of Google Keep to look like the app. Finally.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Combat Pretzel posted:

Oh, they finally changed the website of Google Keep to look like the app. Finally.

Still can't see any way to get to it apart from googling it (or knowing the URL)

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
Even though I'm planning to get a white one, I think I may get the black Diztronic case. I just don't like the look of that transparent plastic.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

baka kaba posted:

Still can't see any way to get to it apart from googling it (or knowing the URL)

http://www.keep.com stands to make some cash from Google.

That would be logical, but won't happen.

drive.google.com/keep isn't exactly logical. Just bookmark it I guess.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

hotsauce posted:

They added a redirect at google.com/keep at some point so you can at least type it in like the other products (voice, contacts, mail, plus, etc…)

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

hotsauce posted:

I'd settle for either a link in Drive (since that's where it lives) or a shortcut in the little app drawer on all your Google pages. It's like a secret easter egg or something

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

They added a redirect at google.com/keep at some point so you can at least type it in like the other products (voice, contacts, mail, plus, etc…)

I always use keep.google.com, just like I do with maps.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I just put a folder on my bookmark bar of all the Google services I regularly use:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Google has decided that the ducks in Walmart need some snow. I didn't shake-to-activate this it just happened.

I'm not sure why it needs to snow in Walmart but...okay then. :v:

potentiometer
Dec 31, 2006

LastInLine posted:

I just put a folder on my bookmark bar of all the Google services I regularly use:

Wait how is this possible, I most likely have most of the apps, just how to put them together like you have it setup. That is so cool! Short explain please as I'm hoping I can figure most out for myself.
Thanks

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Does anyone with the N5 have problems with the cell data connection dropping? Sometimes I can't get a connection until I reboot the phone.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

potentiometer posted:

Wait how is this possible, I most likely have most of the apps, just how to put them together like you have it setup. That is so cool! Short explain please as I'm hoping I can figure most out for myself.
Thanks

Just open the bookmark manager and make a folder in the bookmark bar, and put your bookmarks for the other pages in there.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

A giant phone with last-generation specs, no removable battery or SD card and a camera gimmick. Who is the target market for this?
Same idiots who would buy this phone, $1500 and made out of titanium

runs android 4.1.2

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

b0nes posted:

Same idiots who would buy this phone, $1500 and made out of titanium

runs android 4.1.2

Not as bad as this $2500 monstrosity:

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's not even the the most tasteless and overpriced phone from a car manufacturer. The Lamborghini TL700 is priced at $2750 and is made from gold and crocodile skin.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Costs 4x as much as an HTC One and manages to be a much uglier version of a similar design, good job Porsche :cool:

potentiometer
Dec 31, 2006

kitten smoothie posted:

Just open the bookmark manager and make a folder in the bookmark bar, and put your bookmarks for the other pages in there.

Aw shoot I should have recognized the bookmark toolbar in desktop chrome. 98% of my web stuff is using Nexus 10 or 7, and was thinking how sweet it would be. Can only hope for an update to mobile having a bookmark toolbar. 🔜

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

1st AD posted:

Costs 4x as much as an HTC One and manages to be a much uglier version of a similar design, good job Porsche :cool:

That's a Blackberry lol

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

potentiometer posted:

Aw shoot I should have recognized the bookmark toolbar in desktop chrome. 98% of my web stuff is using Nexus 10 or 7, and was thinking how sweet it would be. Can only hope for an update to mobile having a bookmark toolbar. 🔜
Can't you put a folder in the Mobile Bookmarks folder with the same Bookmark Manager on desktop Chrome?

potentiometer
Dec 31, 2006

LastInLine posted:

Can't you put a folder in the Mobile Bookmarks folder with the same Bookmark Manager on desktop Chrome?

Edit, not sure I'll poke around in GEL and check it out. Thanks!

potentiometer fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 23, 2013

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

potentiometer posted:

Edit, not sure I'll poke around in GEL and check it out. Thanks!
Maybe I'm confused with what you're trying to do. If you're on an Android you'd probably want the app and not the web page and in that case you can just make a folder of Google apps and toss it wherever.

We got started talking about this because people were bemoaning the lack of a simple way to get to Keep on the computer without a bookmark but it seems like you're referring to Chrome on Android so I'm confused.

Edit: By the way for the original complaint about a way to get to Keep on the desktop, is everyone aware that there is a native Chrome app to provide that function? It will even use the native chrome of the host OS.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 23, 2013

potentiometer
Dec 31, 2006

LastInLine posted:

Maybe I'm confused with what you're trying to do. If you're on an Android you'd probably want the app and not the web page and in that case you can just make a folder of Google apps and toss it wherever.

We got started talking about this because people were bemoaning the lack of a simple way to get to Keep on the computer without a bookmark but it seems like you're referring to Chrome on Android so I'm confused.

Edit: By the way for the original complaint about a way to get to Keep on the desktop, is everyone aware that there is a native Chrome app to provide that function? It will even use the native chrome of the host OS.

Nope, I'm the one that's confused (long, long weeks), I saw that list view you posted from the Chrome bookmarks toolbar and was thinking I could make that happen on my Nexus 10. Nothing more complicated than that.

I keep forgetting that most of what you guys do is on a desktop, while most of what I do is on mobile devices and a lot of things you can do in Chrome just doesn't seem to work at all, if at all.

I need to git off my but (besides for just flashing/side loading and see what CromeBrowser can actually do, then how much of the stuff I like will trade over to Mobile. Might be fun, then again might be an exercise in futility,worth a try guess. And Really thanks,good help

the last s0n
Aug 12, 2013
Is there no more flip for speaker phone option baked in for Kit Kat? Or was that a sense thing?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

the last s0n posted:

Is there no more flip for speaker phone option baked in for Kit Kat? Or was that a sense thing?

That was sense. There's probably an app to do it, though.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Speaking of Sense, there was an option on my old HTC to share wifi instead of just the data connection, which was incredibly useful and I can't seem to find an app that does the same thing?

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
I have a problem adding widgets to the lock screen of my Note 3. I have the "Multiple Widgets" option enabled and set to "Favorite Apps", and the lock screen is set to "Swipe". However, when I try to swipe the default clock widget to the right or left to get to the "+" sign and add widgets as instructed, all the widget does is a partial flip and gets stuck. When I try to remove the default clock widget, I can't add a replacement in its place and the widget returns when I relock the screen. Someone please provide me with a solution because this little conundrum has been plaguing me since I first got this unit several weeks ago.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Disharmony posted:

I have a problem adding widgets to the lock screen of my Note 3. I have the "Multiple Widgets" option enabled and set to "Favorite Apps", and the lock screen is set to "Swipe". However, when I try to swipe the default clock widget to the right or left to get to the "+" sign and add widgets as instructed, all the widget does is a partial flip and gets stuck. When I try to remove the default clock widget, I can't add a replacement in its place and the widget returns when I relock the screen. Someone please provide me with a solution because this little conundrum has been plaguing me since I first got this unit several weeks ago.
You can't remove the default widget until you add another to left of it. I don't know why you can't just drag to the left and get the +.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I'm finally experiencing the awful battery life on my Moto X after the 4.4 upgrade. I've been traveling a lot and twice the battery completely dropped to zero with only moderate use. Yesterday I was on the plane most of the day and it dropped almost 20 percent in airplane mode. I hope they get it fixed because I love the phone but I'm going to have to swap back to my iPhone until after the holidays so I don't have to carry my drat charger with me all the time.

• Locked thread