Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

MikeJF posted:

this is why sadie would hate me

I can't see a paw sticking out without grabbing at it.

if every kid on these tours did that though there wouldn't be any stalagtites left, so please no touching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

devmd01 posted:

refurb/dogface can you please explain to me why Minnesota drivers don't speed, I'm on 494 right now and people are barely going 5 over.

a picture will suffice.

hey I live right off 494

also there's crazy DWI patrols out that're picking off anyone speeding this weekend, so people are afraid of getting pulled over for going 5 over

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

MikeJF posted:

i have been known to grab at the dangling paws

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Golden-i posted:

hey I live right off 494

also there's crazy DWI patrols out that're picking off anyone speeding this weekend, so people are afraid of getting pulled over for going 5 over

America would weird me out because it's apparently standard that you speed and that you just get roulette speed fines and that's just no way to run a country. Raise the limit and enforce that raised limit if that's the speed the road should work at.

Here it's all fixed speed cameras as well as mobile ones and traffic flows at the limit and that's normal and you don't get raged at for going at the speed limit.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

MikeJF posted:

America would weird me out because it's apparently standard that you speed and that you just get roulette speed fines and that's just no way to run a country. Raise the limit and enforce that raised limit if that's the speed the road should work at.

Here it's all fixed speed cameras as well as mobile ones and traffic flows at the limit and that's normal and you don't get raged at for going at the speed limit.

at least in Minnesota, you get a much higher fine if going 15mph over the limit or more, so really they set a limit and enforce a limit of 15mph or more over that. it's only like this on holiday weekends when they pull anyone over for any reason (i got pulled over because 1 of the 2 lights that illuminates my license plate was burned out just so they could drunk test me)

speed cameras and stoplight cameras were made illegal here which really owns, even if it doesn't really make sense

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

MikeJF posted:

in the US the speed limit is usually initially set to the speed for which the road was engineered, but then some granny thinks people in the neighborhood drive too fast or someone hits a kid or whatever and then the city council gets 500 letters about lowering it so it gets lowered.

that's for neighborhoods anyway, i can't account for the 55mph highways other than there was a national scare in like 1975 that resulted in the max limit being 55mph nationwide. that's been done away with but some 55 highways remain even as more and more cars are safe up to 75+ on most roads

fun fact though, there are places (Maryland right outside of DC) that cameras are becoming commonplace but they told everyone that they only photograph for 11+ over the limit so everyone knows exactly how fast they can drive past the cameras. so yeah, institutionalized speeding

anyway sorry for contributing to the derail, here's a cat

emdash fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 22, 2013

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

MikeJF posted:

I used to do it to nutkin all the time while saying "got your paws, got your paws". he hated it.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
the 55-60 limit on highways is also where most cars are most efficient, even if it feels like a snail's pace

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
so conventional catte wisdom is that Walt gonna be even bigger?

also poo poo I love the new SA app, this is some slick poo poo for phone postin

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

morcant posted:

so conventional catte wisdom is that Walt gonna be even bigger?

also poo poo I love the new SA app, this is some slick poo poo for phone postin

Oh god yeah he's only like six months old, he's nowhere near done.

He's a skinny adolescent right now.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

MikeJF posted:

Oh god yeah he's only like six months old, he's nowhere near done.

He's a skinny adolescent right now.

I had the great fortune to start reading this thread before jzsg started posting about him

I have loving loved watching this catte grow up I can't even say

I'd also grab those paws all day every day

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!

AAH JESUS

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

cinnamon isn't happy about me leaving for a week (a friend will be taking care of her)

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

cat wins

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

nice tribble

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I swear that cat is getting visibly floofier and softer every single loving day.

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

What is it Mr. Floof?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

MikeJF posted:

I swear that cat is getting visibly floofier and softer every single loving day.

i am beginning to suspect he is on FEDs (floof enhancement drugs) since he's got the classic 'no neck' appearance of drug users

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

do you brush walt

because you should brush walt so his fur doesnt get matted

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

sadie like brushing

perhaps a bit too much

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

sadie is now pouting because brushing stopped due to pain

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
merry Christmas from Chloe the cat

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

when sadie is grooming i like to pester her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNTuBYqWdpQ

she isn't a fan of that.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

trigger9631 posted:

merry Christmas from Chloe the cat

:swoon:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Went to my aunt's house last night, she had a pretty loving cool catte. His name is Bob.

Sorry about the lovely picture quality, the only camera I had available was an Ipad camera.

And I haven't posted Amber in a long drat time so here

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The Jumpoff posted:

Went to my aunt's house last night, she had a pretty loving cool catte. His name is Bob.

Sorry about the lovely picture quality, the only camera I had available was an Ipad camera.

Bob strongly objects to being photographed by someone holding up a drat ipad

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Its all right little buddy, you go ahead and take a nap and I'll keep watch

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

Bob strongly objects to being photographed by someone holding up a drat ipad

I'm not proud of what I did but I had to document the fact that that cat exists.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

general glenn surveys his troops

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

The Jumpoff posted:

That is a cool catte

Shifty Pony posted:

when sadie is grooming i like to pester her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNTuBYqWdpQ

she isn't a fan of that.

Sometimes when my cat is doing that I'll put my hand between her head and whatever she's licking. She licks my hand a few times before realizing what I did :3:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
please stop posting lovely webcomics tia

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Dodecalypse posted:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Dodecalypse posted:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

hey there

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Dodecalypse posted:

:colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csjH0rB6nRk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Tell me more about this catte.