Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Winter is quattro season!

Should be fun, installed a new exhaust manifold, turbo and intercooler a couple of months ago. Remember to lubricate your exhaust studs with asbestos-laden graphite so they don't seize:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That is the best car.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

My Fiesta in winter mode.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

afen posted:

Winter is quattro season!

Should be fun, installed a new exhaust manifold, turbo and intercooler a couple of months ago. Remember to lubricate your exhaust studs with asbestos-laden graphite so they don't seize:

Why isn't there a thread about this car?

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Das Volk posted:

Why isn't there a thread about this car?

There's not much to say about it. I mostly just do regular maintenance and clean it, the manifold/turbo/ic job is the most work I've ever done to the car. The snow picture is from last year. There's no snow now and my right foot is twitching :(

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Me? Oh, I just drive a blue station wagon.

(awesome car)

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Ugh that makes me want to buy a UrS4 again

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

BraveUlysses posted:

x-post from the BMW thread:

Babbys first set of 3pc BBSeseses

Your car is beautiful. Thanks for keeping another one alive!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Muffinpox posted:

Ugh that makes me want to buy a UrS4 again

That feeling never goes away. But you learn to resist it. Plus, now they all have 250k+ miles.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

meatpimp posted:

That feeling never goes away. But you learn to resist it. Plus, now they all have 250k+ miles.

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/12/15/84k-mile-1994-audi-ur-s4/

I'll be in Denver at the end of January, if you want me to check it out for you ;).

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Bought my first real car. 2008 Nissan 350z with just under 12k miles. Snagged it for $16,400 out the door. 1 owner, garage kept, clean title.

No good pictures yet. Haven't even had time to wash her :negative:

nutnmunch
Sep 19, 2007
get out.
Woah. That's some low mileage. My 370 has twice that!

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

sigtrap posted:

Me? Oh, I just drive a blue station wagon.

(awesome car)

I can post more pictures if you want, but I don't think the car warrants a thread.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
There are a few ride in there.

I just finished moving to the new place and have not really on pcacked anything. Essentially everything I own in life except my clothes, bed, and electronics. Also not pictured the crown vic, outback, and truck .

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

afen posted:

I can post more pictures if you want, but I don't think the car warrants a thread.

Considering you're the only person on the forum with one of these legendary cars, I think it would be appropriate and well appreciated.

Bahama.Llama
Aug 17, 2006

Scary Money

afen posted:

I for one am bummed I've only seen 3.25 pictures of this beauty.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

afen posted:

Dude.

It's a loving RS2.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

afen posted:

It would be worth a thread, I made a thread one day when Audi announced they were making a new turbo I5 and I think it was pretty well received.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Had to replace the glass on one of the headlamps, it looks a bit weird. I'm going to try to polish the other glass, maybe it helps:

There's a Rieger bumper on the car now, the original one isnt looking to good after a day on a frozen lake:

New, original front bumper price, in primer, without grating or mounts: $3000

Neccesary accesories for the home office:

It also has cup holders, rare as rocking horse poo poo:

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Muffinpox posted:

It would be worth a thread, I made a thread one day when Audi announced they were making a new turbo I5 and I think it was pretty well received.

I'll make a thread when I have some more pictures to post, I've posted all my pictures of the car. I should take more photos..

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Don't forget to take some photos of the engine bay! It's pretty interesting car, as someone from the US.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

afen posted:

It also has cup holders, rare as rocking horse poo poo:

Is that some sort of AWD indicator behind the cupholders?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

The most reliable, least reliable, and the Rover.

(theres a road bicycle inside)
(my progressive springs are also way loving tired, thats a 350lb motorcycle)

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

blk posted:

Is that some sort of AWD indicator behind the cupholders?

Button and indicator for the lockable rear diff

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

cursedshitbox posted:

The most reliable, least reliable, and the Rover.

(theres a road bicycle inside)
(my progressive springs are also way loving tired, thats a 350lb motorcycle)

Which one made it? :v:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

afen posted:

Button and indicator for the lockable rear diff

You bastard.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

afen posted:

I'll make a thread when I have some more pictures to post, I've posted all my pictures of the car. I should take more photos..

Basically everyone in this forum who didn't get these in their country and probably quite a few more who did have a massive, raging hard-on for this car. Including me.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Das Volk posted:

Basically everyone in this forum who didn't get these in their country and probably quite a few more who did have a massive, raging hard-on for this car. Including me.

I can think of a lot of cool whit we don't get here but Is there an American equivalent to this? Is there a sweet car that we get that's not available/illegal elsewhere?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Holdbrooks posted:

I can think of a lot of cool whit we don't get here but Is there an American equivalent to this? Is there a sweet car that we get that's not available/illegal elsewhere?

A lot of american cars weren't official sold in a lot of places, but most countries have at least SOME sort of grey market system for modern cars, so even though mustangs weren't sold in the UK or Australia, you could still import one and drive it there.

Vehicles like the raptor were only ever sold in north america, but have still found their way around the world.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/f150/raptor-svt-2012-6-2-v8-top-spec/1953067
http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/ford-f-150-svt-raptor-6-2-v8-super-cab-2013-sofort-magdeburg/188147168.html
http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/FORD/F-150/700070743820131124001/index.html
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-F150-2013/SSE-AD-2512684/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Chinatown posted:

You bastard.

That was on just about every quattro into the mid-'90s. It's awesome. Also, there's an "ABS Off" button right on the dash. That's just as awesome.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Finally finished wrapping my s2000 in a giant sticker:

Wrapped Up 01 by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

Wrapped Up 03 by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

Wrapped Up 04 by PictoriousPhoto, on Flickr

This is probably how she'll look when she goes up for sale next year!

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

drat, that looks great.

What is that thing behind it? Art?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Always a looker when you post up that S2K. I could stare at it a long time. Whenever I see one I imagine what it would be like to own a turbo charged one :allears:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I did not even think wrap, that looks like paint to me.

exempt
Dec 10, 2006

Powershift posted:

A lot of american cars weren't official sold in a lot of places, but most countries have at least SOME sort of grey market system for modern cars, so even though mustangs weren't sold in the UK or Australia, you could still import one and drive it there.

Vehicles like the raptor were only ever sold in north america, but have still found their way around the world.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/f150/raptor-svt-2012-6-2-v8-top-spec/1953067
http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/ford-f-150-svt-raptor-6-2-v8-super-cab-2013-sofort-magdeburg/188147168.html
http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/FORD/F-150/700070743820131124001/index.html
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-F150-2013/SSE-AD-2512684/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

If I self a new Raptor that ends up overseas I could lose my job and our dealer will never get another. Ford hates that these make it elsewhere.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Why is that?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!

exempt posted:

If I self a new Raptor that ends up overseas I could lose my job and our dealer will never get another. Ford hates that these make it elsewhere.

Seriously? How would you have any control over that?

I have a friend in the State Department. She can take her car (at no expense to her) wherever her duty station might be right along with the rest of her possessions (duty stations are usually 2-6 years and then you end up back in the US for a year or more before the next assignment). Are you not allowed to sell them to foreign service employees and military?

exempt
Dec 10, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Why is that?

Mainly because their bought by up fitters in Florida who throw on some graphics and mark up the price and export them for profit. It's outrageous and they're getting hard to sell. We've had a red crew cab sitting on lot for a while. It gets a lot of interested tire kickers but most of the serious buyers call in from Florida and Oregon. Buyers in Oregon get angry when we tell them they have to pay sales tax (Indiana).

Personally I don't see the problem, or at least how it's my problem. Maybe they should export a few, but what do I know?

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree

exempt posted:

I have one of those (I'm in Canada though)

I just put 2000 dollars worth of tires on it for a record snow year (Goodyear duratracs with studs) I also plastidipped the hood, bumper, and the front of the fenders black to try to cut down on rock chips.. 40 dollars vs. 1200 dollars for 3m wrap? Yes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pivit posted:

drat, that looks great.

What is that thing behind it? Art?

I'm not entirely sure what that thing is, it's in front of an old mill they've converted to offices near my condo, I think it's either made of old railway stuff or something that was in the mill?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Always a looker when you post up that S2K. I could stare at it a long time. Whenever I see one I imagine what it would be like to own a turbo charged one :allears:
They're a blast to drive bone stock, I've ridden in a turbo one and it was insane.

Crustashio posted:

I did not even think wrap, that looks like paint to me.
Thanks!