Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Christoff posted:

It got reset when I reset all settings (still had issue after that) but I set it back to 1.4

I started deleting some apps to no a avail going to try ilexrat

Whatever it is is also draining my battery when my phone is asleep. I lose 20% overnight

-edit weird. I just ran ilexrat and deleted all things cydia but I'm still having the issue. Once it was done I ended up with a lot of things I've never heard of in cydia though. Looks like I'll have to figure out how to backup my phone and do option #2 in ilexrat that deletes all my apps/data

Try Battery Doctor Pro to check your max battery capacity. Maybe your max capacity has dimished over time and now losing a normal amount of battery appears a larger percentage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

pseudonordic posted:

Try Battery Doctor Pro to check your max battery capacity. Maybe your max capacity has dimished over time and now losing a normal amount of battery appears a larger percentage.

I don't trust that app as my battery percentage/health has been as low as 17% and as high as 81% in the past three weeks.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
All I want for Christmas is an iOS 7 jailbreak......

And maybe that RC helicopter my mommy is getting me.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

There's no chance they release anything before 7.1 is out.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Any rumors on when that's gonna drop?

I feel like I've been waiting forever for a 6.1.3 jailbreak.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Rumors? January. Early next year.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No one actually knows anything.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

sonofa

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

How did they even know?

Ugg, this is just another reason I'm tired of this game. I won't buy another phone that doesn't give me root access. :fuckoff:

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
How do you know he wasn't trolling? He does A LOT. Don't think he's involved in the JB scene anymore. He's drawn a pretty firm line in the sand between him and the evaders.

Edit: I just wouldn't read too much into it, is what I'm saying. I have faith in the jailbreak community.

decypher fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 17, 2013

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

7.1 is in developer hands now so hopefully (pretty pretty please) sooner rather than later.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I have a suddenly emergent issue on my jail broken 4... Suddenly the bottom strip of the screen is unresponsive. I can still slide to unlock the phone but once I do that, I can't select any of the dock icons or press the space bar on a text message composition screen.

The problem appeared suddenly and I hadn't changed any packages recently. Is it something to do with activator or is my phone haunted?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
http://evasi0n.com/

iOS 7 jailbreak is out.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

c0burn posted:

iOS 7 jailbreak is out.

Wow, and just in time for the holidays too!

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Confirmed as working on my 4S 7.0.4 :)

Neo69
Apr 5, 2009
Jailbroke iphone 5s and ipad mini retina on ios 7.0.4, everything seems to be fine.

Of course, it will take a while for all the tweaks to be updated. Activator has a ios 7 version out but i get the error message that mobile substrate isn't working yet (no safe mode though).

Edit: Pod2g just confirmed the mobilesubstrate incompability, apparently an evasion update is coming...

Neo69 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 22, 2013

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

c0burn posted:

iOS 7 jailbreak is out.
Well that's just fuckin swell, guess I'll re-jailbreak to get back biteSMS since that's the only real jailbreak app I miss.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Apparently since saurik wasnt given notice, there are major issues with Mobile Substrate and it should be avoided if running these tweaks?

TheMightyHandful fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 22, 2013

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Question: How can I keep my apps/save files on my old iOS 6.0 iPad 3? I'd love to update it with iOS7 and jailbreak it, but I'd hate to lose everything.

Thanks!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Welcome back to my life biteSMS.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

The Dave posted:

Welcome back to my life biteSMS.
Not quite since apparently he hasn't updated it to work with ios7, but he is working on it and hopefully it'll be done soon.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Yeah the MobileSubstrate issue has pretty much made all 3 of my regularly used apps useless.

Still happy I'm jailbroken again though.

Edit: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/12/ios-7-jailbreak-evasi0n-mobilesubstrate-issues.html

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Well, I guess it's time to swap back to my iPhone, if only for BiteSMS.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

They just pushed out a Cydia update, looks like MobileSubstrate is working now

Edit: iFile and TetherMe are working fine now, despite it saying it's incompatible with iOS7.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
My wish came true! It's a Christmas Festivus miracle!

Festivus seems like the more appropriate holiday given the anti-establishment subject at hand.

So why wouldn't they wait until 7.1 like someone said earlier?

edit: This article below seems to indicate their JB got leaked to a private buyer, though his source is a douchey one:

http://9to5mac.com/2013/12/22/ios-7-untethered-jailbreak-released-from-evasi0n/#jp-carousel-303038

Rick Rickshaw fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 22, 2013

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

The leak story was denied by an evasi0n member, IIRC.

e: but yeah, it's a little bit strange it was released without an official Cydia build/etc. Seems like there was some sort of rush.

Dicty Bojangles fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 22, 2013

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

So if I am jailbreaked on 6.0.2, what do I need to do to upgrade to 7.0.4 to pick up the new jailbreak?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
This will likely mean that 7.1 will patch the exploit when it's released.

Time to update and Jailbreak my iPad 3 that's still on 6.1.2

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
f.lux made everything blue by the way, better not install it right now.
edit: swipeselection doesn't do anything.

cisneros fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 22, 2013

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Trip report: My iPhone 5 is jailbroken, everything went fine. My iPad 3, however, was sent to a bootloop. I'm going to flatten and try again.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
There is a big hooplah about the jailbreak installing a Chinese App Store full of pirated apps that can not be removed, etc for the Chinese market.

Personally I am just gonna stay on 6.1.4 and wait for that jailbreak to come out.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Where is this hooplah? First mention I've seen of it.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Djarum posted:

There is a big hooplah about the jailbreak installing a Chinese App Store full of pirated apps that can not be removed, etc for the Chinese market.

Personally I am just gonna stay on 6.1.4 and wait for that jailbreak to come out.

To elaborate, it force installs a Chinese app store (full of pirated poo poo) called 'Taiji Helper' if the device's language is set to Chinese. The development was apparently sponsored by these people. Really sketchy, don't install it.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You're saying not to jailbreak at all?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Or rather don't set your language to Chinese when installing the jailbreak?

Fiki
Dec 5, 2006
You mean Gumbercules? I love that guy!
They've since updated their page to recommend that you update your device to 7.0.4 via restore instead of an OTA update. I don't recall how I ended up at 7.0.4 on my iPad so is there any way to determine that before I go through the process of having to reinstall 7.0.4 and restore from a backup?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Please provide a link for where you're seeing this crap about the jaibreak and the Chinese stuff.

edit: coz I think it's a load of shite

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Please provide a link for where you're seeing this crap about the jaibreak and the Chinese stuff.

edit: coz I think it's a load of shite

Yeah I wouldn't run this poo poo.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/1tgoce/official_chinese_version_of_evasi0n_comes_bundled/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
winocm has lots of stuff on his twitter about it

https://twitter.com/winocm

Looks like evasi0n took a $1 million payout from a Chinese company. They released now, didn't warn any developers (saurik, etc), and bundled Chinese software and piracy stuff.

• Locked thread