Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Oh hey DE pushed an update that fixed radial damage on clients. On the weekend!

neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Un-nerfing Nova is top priority.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Male Man posted:

Set up remote access on your normal PC?

Unfortunately it's a little late for that, unless I can remotely set up a wake-on-LAN command for it.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

sleeptalker posted:

If you've modded for Magnetic or Corrosive, the only second combined elements you can mod on are the ones you've listed. That setup is good if you're going for status effects (since it's the Grakata); Gas is decent for Corpus, and Blast is good for knocking down heavy Grineer. However, if you're going more for damage I'd recommend replacing both with Heat using both mods (Hellfire and Wildfire).

Corpus are slaughtered by just plain toxic damage which completely bypasses shields.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Twin Vipers are hilarious fun when you give them Speed Trigger by the way. You do need to give them the magazine size- and total ammo-increasing mods though or they'll become nice paperweights very quickly. Can't wait for my Wraiths.

I'll be getting another Vermillion antitoxin soon and I'll hang onto it in case shiftless layabout scrounger takers who don't wanna farm need their 100 points.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Pierson posted:

Twin Vipers are hilarious fun when you give them Speed Trigger by the way. You do need to give them the magazine size- and total ammo-increasing mods though or they'll become nice paperweights very quickly. Can't wait for my Wraiths.

I'll be getting another Vermillion antitoxin soon and I'll hang onto it in case shiftless layabout scrounger takers who don't wanna farm need their 100 points.

Twin Vipers are the single best example of how DE has given absolutely no fucks about ammo balance. Is there any other gun of any type that can run dry as fast?

I hope the Wraith version has an even higher fire rate. :unsmigghh:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WeaponBoy posted:

I hope the Wraith version has an even higher fire rate. :unsmigghh:

I mean if they don't, what's even the point? :geno:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I just want them to make the clip size the same as the max ammo. Fire off every bullet you have in 7 seconds.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Viper is the closest thing to Mass Effect's Tempest that I've seen so far and I love it. I just wish it had the Tempest's magazine size, then it'd be perfect.

I asked this a few pages back, but does anyone have any sidearm recommendations to compliment the Ignis? I'm using the Seer, but I'm wondering if there's a better long-range sidearm available.

QuantaStarFire fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 22, 2013

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

QuantaStarFire posted:

The Viper is the closest thing to Mass Effect's Tempest that I've seen so far and I love it. I just wish it had the Tempest's magazine size, then it'd be perfect.

I asked this a few pages back, but does anyone have any sidearm recommendations to compliment the Ignis? I'm using the Seer, but I'm wondering if there's a better long-range sidearm available.

Twin Gremlins are pretty good, since they work equally well across factions.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I've been using the bronco prime lately and holy poo poo that thing rocks everything now.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Helter Skelter posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about a statue, get folks their Vipers.

Not like there's a chance we could even crack the top 10 anyway.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Just tried out this game and man is this not at all newbie friendly. Besides the stupid paygate, for stuff, I have questions about the mod system

I have 10 slots/levels. When I equip stuff that pushes me to 9 slots used, the last one turns red for some reason. Is it active? What on earth does that mean?

Also, it doesn't seem to save my mod layout every time. Same with my color choices. Do they expect you to load them out each time, or is there some way to save them?

Finally, I have a +50% crit chance, but it doesnt seem to work, unless it's +50% on a 2% crit chance or something like that?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Madcosby posted:

Just tried out this game and man is this not at all newbie friendly. Besides the stupid paygate, for stuff, I have questions about the mod system

I have 10 slots/levels. When I equip stuff that pushes me to 9 slots used, the last one turns red for some reason. Is it active? What on earth does that mean?

Also, it doesn't seem to save my mod layout every time. Same with my color choices. Do they expect you to load them out each time, or is there some way to save them?

Finally, I have a +50% crit chance, but it doesnt seem to work, unless it's +50% on a 2% crit chance or something like that?

Mods and mod slots have polarities, indicated by a symbol in the corner. Matching a polarity halves the cost to equip (turning the mod blue) while mismatching a polarity increases the cost by 25% (turning the card red).

Mod layouts are supposed to be saved when you hit "apply". If they're not, then you're having connection issues or something. Keep trying until it sticks.

Crit chance (and crit damage) mods are multiplicative. The majority of weapons have a 5% chance to crit for 150% damage, making crit mods entirely worthless on them.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Madcosby posted:

There isn't actually a lot that's "paygated" save for weapon and warframe slots which can ONLY be bought with plat, but you can run like 50 or so hours through the content farming stuff before you need to buy plat to keep weapons and frames around.

Weapon level determines the number of POINTS you have. The number of slots to place mods is always the same. Each mod has an associated point cost. For warframes, if you slot an aura, this ADDS instead of subtracts from your point cost, making them really powerful. If you try to slot a mod and it buzzes, you don't have enough points. Each slot can have a polarity. Look in the upper left. These are either ", -, D, or V. " are for warframe powers, - or bar is generally for elemental things and utilities, D is for defensive powers and the like, V is for offensive powers (like focus or serration).

As for not saving the loadout, that seems odd. Are you sure you're modding and then hitting "apply" and not the back button? No idea how it works on the PS4, if you're on that.

Crit chance is split, it should be something like 2.5x/20%. Which means a 20% chance to crit with a multiplier of 2.5. There are mods that improve both of these things, but if the base crit isn't above like, 10 or 15%, it isn't worth building it as a crit gun. As an aside, crits will display as yellow. There's an option in the settings to display popup damage numbers, make sure that's turned on and use the weapon. You should see yellow numbers.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

If you're not against spending some plat early to help yourself out, buy an orokin catalyst (reactor? the one that upgrades your warframe) and slot it into your warframe. This will give you double the mod capacity and allow you to play around with more things, making the game a bit less frustrating. I would not recommend using it on any starter weapons, though.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Not like there's a chance we could even crack the top 10 anyway.

Are the statues unique for each event, or just some general bronze/silver/gold statue or whatever? If it's the former, I'm sort of surprised they don't offer it as a reward to more clans. For example. top 3 or top 10 or whatever get gold, top 3-10 or 10-50 or whatever get silver, top whatever get bronze, depending on total number of clans. I'm sure there are a few hundred clans of each size (maybe?) so only giving 12 statues total or whatever each event seems kind of stingy. I know literally no one gives a poo poo but they give out badges like candy to commemorate the event, more dojo stuff would be sort of cool too. Or maybe clans that reach a threshold in each event get some kind of decorative item (a special plant for the cicero crisis, for example).

I don't even know why I wrote all that out since I rarely visit the dojo, it just seems cool. :allears:

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
Well, I just found a feature. Being under the effect of radiation makes your sentinel crazy. This allows your sentinel to kill the cryopods. Try it for yourself: equip a powerful sentinel, go to an orokin tower defense as Trinity, activate your blessing power, and stand in front of the defensive laser. Fun times will be had by all!

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Pierson posted:

Speed Trigger plus Lethal Torrent. Vipers modded like that are also pretty fun with Nova's Antimatter Drop.

Tnega posted:

Well, I just found a feature. Being under the effect of radiation makes your sentinel crazy. This allows your sentinel to kill the cryopods. Try it for yourself: equip a powerful sentinel, go to an orokin tower defense as Trinity, activate your blessing power, and stand in front of the defensive laser. Fun times will be had by all!

Huh, they fixed confused Sentinels killing players, but I guess they missed that.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Clocks posted:

If you're not against spending some plat early to help yourself out, buy an orokin catalyst (reactor? the one that upgrades your warframe) and slot it into your warframe. This will give you double the mod capacity and allow you to play around with more things, making the game a bit less frustrating. I would not recommend using it on any starter weapons, though.

Are the statues unique for each event, or just some general bronze/silver/gold statue or whatever? If it's the former, I'm sort of surprised they don't offer it as a reward to more clans. For example. top 3 or top 10 or whatever get gold, top 3-10 or 10-50 or whatever get silver, top whatever get bronze, depending on total number of clans. I'm sure there are a few hundred clans of each size (maybe?) so only giving 12 statues total or whatever each event seems kind of stingy. I know literally no one gives a poo poo but they give out badges like candy to commemorate the event, more dojo stuff would be sort of cool too. Or maybe clans that reach a threshold in each event get some kind of decorative item (a special plant for the cicero crisis, for example).

I don't even know why I wrote all that out since I rarely visit the dojo, it just seems cool. :allears:

There is a lot of decorative stuff in the Dojo already. If you want special event stuff you got to grind.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

WeaponBoy posted:

Twin Vipers are the single best example of how DE has given absolutely no fucks about ammo balance. Is there any other gun of any type that can run dry as fast?

The Afuris is similar. You get 3 reloads. Don't waste them.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Did you guys see the pics for the new hud they're designing? Never been this excited for hud changes. Someone linked me via reddit.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It was posted here a few pages ago. Honestly it looks no better than the current one to me except for putting teammates' health on the screen apparently by default instead of making you push a button once to bring it up.

Hopefully they change it a lot because the font and colors chosen don't seem to fit the game's style at all and it still looks like they just arbitrarily picked places to throw the necessary information around, because it still doesn't seem to have been made with any attention to where the HUD should draw your eye, where to put the highest-priority information, etc.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 23, 2013

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jeez, I just pulled out a Rhino for the first time and at level 5 with a decent redirection mod and a level 3 iron skin I already feel completely invincible.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Cowcaster posted:

Jeez, I just pulled out a Rhino for the first time and at level 5 with a decent redirection mod and a level 3 iron skin I already feel completely invincible.

Rhino supremacy

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It was posted here a few pages ago. Honestly it looks no better than the current one to me except for putting teammates' health on the screen apparently by default instead of making you push a button once to bring it up.

Hopefully they change it a lot because the font and colors chosen don't seem to fit the game's style at all and it still looks like they just arbitrarily picked places to throw the necessary information around, because it still doesn't seem to have been made with any attention to where the HUD should draw your eye, where to put the highest-priority information, etc.

They need to make the defense target's health more visible :saddowns:

I hope they have an option to just put the thing right on the center of the screen

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 23, 2013

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tokubetsu posted:

Did you guys see the pics for the new hud they're designing? Never been this excited for hud changes. Someone linked me via reddit.
No, post 'em.

edit; aha!

Pierson fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 23, 2013

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Pierson posted:

Man it seems they're keeping with this 'hold a button for item menu > mouseclick to use' thing. Really wish they'd change that to hotkeys or something.
It is possible to hotkey the individual slots to something, which is how I've been using 5 to switch to the Scan Visor.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah you caught my edit, I literally just totally blanked on that little piece of info. New one does look nicer, but I hope they add your own info to the bottom-left of the screen too. Little things.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Pierson posted:

No, post 'em.

edit; aha!

Pretty clean, but like the menu changes, so not in keeping with the rest of the game's aesthetics, which makes it look a bit jarring.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Kokoro Wish posted:

Pretty clean, but like the menu changes, so not in keeping with the rest of the game's aesthetics, which makes it look a bit jarring.
Funny you say that, because there's a strong resemblance to the UI from Dark Sector (Warframe's predecessor).

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Yeah, but 90% of that game was generic manshoots plus a little glaive, so a generic as hell UI fitted pretty well.

But hey, it's a minor compliant. The UI is clean and readable and still better than what we had, I was just quibbling.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
The potential new UI reminds me of a cleaned up Borderlands/Borderlands 2 HUD. I think mostly because of the font for the numbers and everything.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lawlicaust posted:

Also for you or any of the other PS4 goons, we can run you guys through to get any warframe that you might want as well as the stuff to build it. So if you don't like your starter, we'll get that fixed for you. And I have quite a few duplicates of the basic damage mods if anyone needs them (serration, hornet, hellfire, etc.)

Mighty nice of you guys to help! As a father of a 1 year old I can't be as obsessive about games as I've been in the past.

I need a Rhino System, some Orokin cells, possibly whatever a Rhino System requires, and I'm not sure what else...

If I can get this kid to sleep I may be able to hop on in about 15 min... Also hopefully tomorrow at some point in the daytime.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Lawlicaust, what's your PSN tag? I need an Orokin Cell to finish Trinity and I'd like to get the BPs and mats for Nova.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

Mighty nice of you guys to help! As a father of a 1 year old I can't be as obsessive about games as I've been in the past.

I need a Rhino System, some Orokin cells, possibly whatever a Rhino System requires, and I'm not sure what else...

If I can get this kid to sleep I may be able to hop on in about 15 min... Also hopefully tomorrow at some point in the daytime.

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

Lawlicaust, what's your PSN tag? I need an Orokin Cell to finish Trinity and I'd like to get the BPs and mats for Nova.

I totally understand, mine is almost three so my time is pretty limited as well. I won't really be around much the next few days as I'm traveling for business/holidays. aDiscreteCoonjob is the PSN.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

So for the first time ever (since they adjusted the credit rewards many months back), materials aren't my bottleneck for building stuff I want, but credits. Is the best way to build up a supply just running my favorite defense mission over and over again?

Azkabaal
Jan 23, 2012

Puzzled Pirate
Hit up those Invasion missions - 30k rewards in some, 50k rarely in others.

Shame about the 5-mission grind to get it (reducing the Infested requirement to three runs was humane), but the credit rewards are decent. Sadly nothing in the order of the 100k+ rewards seen in the Alad V and Gradivus events. Those were great.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Lawlicaust posted:

I totally understand, mine is almost three so my time is pretty limited as well. I won't really be around much the next few days as I'm traveling for business/holidays. aDiscreteCoonjob is the PSN.

We should set up a persistent party chat, that seems to be the easiest method of coordinating stuff on PS4, by far.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fuzz posted:

We should set up a persistent party chat, that seems to be the easiest method of coordinating stuff on PS4, by far.

We have one. You should be able to see it under the party tab when it's up as it's open to Friends of Friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I don't want to mess anything up, but if there are perks or things to be had at the Dojo (I just visited just now for the first time since it was newly built) I'm all ears. :D