Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
The birds seem to drop holiday spirit more often. Just an observation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Arex posted:

Awesome, my spawn location on my starter planet was under poison water.

yeah but High Tech chest

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Did the patch do anything to oceanic planets? I just want to build a rad underwater base.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

....The 'Mrs. Claus' outfit is really, really skanky.

((I'm gonna wear it anyway :quagmire: Dirty Birdy.))

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 23, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Freakbox posted:

....The 'Mrs. Claus' outfit is really, really skanky. :catstare:

Important question: Can you wear it on guy characters and if so does it look the same? If the answer is yes then I don't see the problem and I have a new outfit for my 'dumb human with Guile hair' guy.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
gently caress it, gonna get on board with this even though I get way too attached to my characters. :3:

I assume the progression is roughly the same as Terraria's?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

CJacobs posted:

Important question: Can you wear it on guy characters and if so does it look the same? If the answer is yes then I don't see the problem and I have a new outfit for my 'dumb human with Guile hair' guy.
You can wear dresses as a dude so I'm going to go with "probably yes".

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

poptart_fairy posted:

gently caress it, gonna get on board with this even though I get way too attached to my characters. :3:

Not really.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Even if there's a character wipe, just remember how they look and remake them. I'm trying to keep the same 'character' and name for Server purposes, so that's what I'm doing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mod pack including tweak mods updated. YOU CAN DROP THIS poo poo IN NOW!!
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/witless-tweak-qol-modpack.277/

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I hope phase one is all emotions relating to anger or general unhappiness, phase two a state of varying neutrality, and phase three an ascending stage of enlightenment.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Arex posted:

Awesome, my spawn location on my starter planet was under poison water.

Mine was inside a wall, oops!

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Truant posted:

The ones with the ruined library towers and the wells full of blood? Those were definitely pre patch. Although I'm not sure those guys with the wings are Glitch. They don't talk at all like them.

You can get their wings as a random drop, too.

I have an item in my crafting menu after killing the Robot that is named "replace", all the saplings/seedlings are "<to-do>". Occasionally enemies don't die, they start flashing and run away from me. Weird stuff.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Did the last patch cause a wipe for multiplayer servers? I play with a friend and after he updated the server everything we had built, both on planets and on our ships, were gone. :(

(and I know they've warned about it, I just want to be sure it watch the patch and just us forgetting to move/save some files)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Rutkowski posted:

Did the last patch cause a wipe for multiplayer servers? I play with a friend and after he updated the server everything we had built, both on planets and on our ships, were gone. :(

(and I know they've warned about it, I just want to be sure it watch the patch and just us forgetting to move/save some files)
Yes, everything that wasn't in a player's inventory is now gone.

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

Has anyone else had an issue with mysteriously disappearing bases on planets? Built a base AFTER the update today on a planet, server crashed later today, it was put back up and we're all still on the planet but our base isn't.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ammonsa posted:

Has anyone else had an issue with mysteriously disappearing bases on planets? Built a base AFTER the update today on a planet, server crashed later today, it was put back up and we're all still on the planet but our base isn't.
Sounds like the server crashed without having saved the stuff you built to me.

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

Zereth posted:

Sounds like the server crashed without having saved the stuff you built to me.

I don't run the server, but, does it autosave regularly or does the owner have to manually do it?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Freakbox posted:

....The 'Mrs. Claus' outfit is really, really skanky.

((I'm gonna wear it anyway :quagmire: Dirty Birdy.))

Haha oh man how do I get this?

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
All these updates sound awesome, even if they're still buggy. Too bad I can't play the game for a week or so :(

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do

Ammonsa posted:

I don't run the server, but, does it autosave regularly or does the owner have to manually do it?

As I've understood it, a planet saves whenever no one is on it while players themselves save on quit and at some random intervals (I think)

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
The holiday crafting set up is pretty fantastic.

Then I picked up my clarinet and the game window just vanished. Crashed so fast I thought it was redirecting me to the browser.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Of all the new stuff, I think plantable trees, warp-to-home, and the planet changes/rebalances are the best so far. The seeds may not be named, but their icons are actually generated dynamically, so the left side of the seed shows the bark type/color, and the right side shows the leaf type/color! It's very intuitive and even without a proper name you can tell at a glance what kind of tree any seed will grow.
Ores seems well distributed, if there were any tweaks to it; I found diamonds on my home planet near the core!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Mod pack including tweak mods updated. YOU CAN DROP THIS poo poo IN NOW!!
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/witless-tweak-qol-modpack.277/
You're doing great work here. Congrats on getting the merge thing figured out, finally!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
To answer the earlier question:

No, the "Mrs. Claus" outfit is not the same on men.
Yes, it is (at least) as skanky.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 23, 2013

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Oh no my codex thing got reset too, I had so many codex pages I wanted to read. :reject:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
So 1) Moons are pretty drat dangerous now, you need oxygen to survive. 2)

What the gently caress is that pink splotch?

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Asteroid belt. They were just added with the patch.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

InfinityComplex posted:

Asteroids.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Asteroids still have regular planet gravity and day-night cycle :v:

You might want to craft another star map upgrade mk2 to get the air tank recipe.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

InfinityComplex posted:

So 1) Moons are pretty drat dangerous now, you need oxygen to survive. 2)

heres a pro gamer hint: you can usually click on mysterious things to know more about them

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008
Shields seem to be working again, at least the one I found in a chest on my starting world either blocks monster attacks entirely, or I take 1-2 damage from them.

Seems it might be adding defense to your total when you block now instead of setting your defense to whatever invisible stat the shield has, but of course further testing is needed.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Vanadium posted:

Asteroids still have regular planet gravity and day-night cycle :v:

You might want to craft another star map upgrade mk2 to get the air tank recipe.

They also have a bottom that will instantly kill you if you touch it. Don't get tricked by terrain into jumping down, the world generator will happily build bases that have rooms cut in half by the bottom map border.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Hey guys. Back after losing power for 2 days. Can someone give me a rundown of this patch? Is it the fabled "hopeful last wipe" everyone was waiting for?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Feindfeuer posted:

They also have a bottom that will instantly kill you if you touch it. Don't get tricked by terrain into jumping down, the world generator will happily build bases that have rooms cut in half by the bottom map border.

Oh, yeah. I tested the bottom map border behavior after investing all my pixels into new furniture after the ship wipe. Of course items and monsters still just float on the bottom map border instead of disappearing or dying.

I'm also pretty sure that I've seen the same asteroid base like three times within five screen-widths. Needs more random rooms. :(

Currently trying to grow trees on my asteroid...

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Vib Rib posted:

I love this game

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'm assuming the library tower guys are related to the eye biome and the cultists, They all have eye swords, I found them in an eye biome, they say stuff like "we will watch as the universe burns" and the like and are generally hostile as poo poo.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Motherfucker posted:

I'm assuming the library tower guys are related to the eye biome and the cultists, They all have eye swords, I found them in an eye biome, they say stuff like "we will watch as the universe burns" and the like and are generally hostile as poo poo.

Sounds like a cool place to build a base. Where do you find a place like that threat-level-wise?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

:woop:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Vib Rib posted:

Definitely the best outfit for multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Seems like my future home planet will have to be an astroid base.

• Locked thread