Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Faerie Fortune posted:

Been working my butt off getting everyone who requested to be simmed onto campus and I am finally done. Here is a short list of who is in, in no particular order..

KittyEmpress, Thesaya, PK Starstorm, Kloro, Cathulhu (I WILL correct your sims name ingame next time I load it up) Future Friend, Bobbin Threadbare, MarquiseMindfang, Professor Bling, Aces High, WickedHate, Rynyin, Anoia, Rather Watch Them, Jimmy4400nav, Jeabus Mahogany, Fizzicist

Those are the names of all the people who PMed or emailed me asking to be on campus. If you emailed me and your name isn't here yet, try again; it probably got caught in my spam filter. I'm not deliberately ignoring anyone, I promise!

Also, update is incoming!

Yay! Looking forward to being classmates with the main cast. And also to seeing how you managed my weird hair. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Roar posted:

I spent the whole update asleep? What a nerd!

Not the whole update, there were like two pictures of you awake!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hello, friends! My assignments are all finished and handed in and my christmas holiday has started! Which means that as well as making GBS threads myself and hoping I got a decent grade, I will be updating later tonight/tomorrow so look forward to that!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Yesssss

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Fantastic! Looking forward to it as commanded.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Meanwhile, I just got my grades back yesterday! I'm gonna graduate soon. :allears: I look forward to seeing more of Sim-me at Uni, though.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Awesome, bet you're relieved Faerie.

Yapping Eevee posted:

Meanwhile, I just got my grades back yesterday! I'm gonna graduate soon. :allears: I look forward to seeing more of Sim-me at Uni, though.

Congratulations!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Things that have so far gotten in the way of this update

- My grandmothers dog (he's cute but he won't leave me alone)
- My mother buying me cake
- Fizzicist
- Me having half an update written, then closing the tab like a moron
- The entirety of west cumbria apparently receiving the wrath of some kind of ancient wind god, causing me to doubt whether I would have consistent power yesterday.

Update will happen, just...later tonight when the dog and my girlfriend are asleep and I can do it without distraction.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Faerie Fortune posted:

Things that have so far gotten in the way of this update

- My grandmothers dog (he's cute but he won't leave me alone)
- My mother buying me cake
- Fizzicist
- Me having half an update written, then closing the tab like a moron
- The entirety of west cumbria apparently receiving the wrath of some kind of ancient wind god, causing me to doubt whether I would have consistent power yesterday.

Update will happen, just...later tonight when the dog and my girlfriend are asleep and I can do it without distraction.

Use Notepad, you silly. Also wait, am I to gather that Fizzicist is your girlfriend?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I should have, nothing is more frustrating than losing a post.

And yes she is, was it that obvious? :v:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Take your time. :3:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Faerie Fortune posted:

And yes she is, was it that obvious? :v:

Clearly not. I had to ask, didn't I?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Clearly not. I had to ask, didn't I?

Okay, true. Sorry, I'm just overly wary of doing the my girlfriend poo poo because I know how annoying that gets.

Yapping Eevee posted:

:toot: Congratulations!

eating only apples posted:

Awesome, bet you're relieved Faerie.

Urgh, yes. I love my degree subject but I'm not good at assignments at all, they stress me out far more than is reasonable. I'm coming to realise I definitely have a bit of a Neurotic trait.

On that note...

Update 7 - Art Is Hard

Its around 1am and Jimmy has arrived home from the bar to lick the gross bowls in the dining room clean and look smug about how much he stinks as he goes up to bed, while Roar looks on in the background. I do not know why Roar was awake.

Jimmy gets some sleep, Roar reads Dachshunds a bedtime story while she dreams about being asleep. Then he goes back to bed. Sims are weird.

I get these notifications during the night! Roar and apples are feeling a little under the weather and AcesHigh is feeling loved-up. While apples and Roar are feeling sick, they'll have the "Germy" moodlet which gives them a hit to their mood but would allow them to call in sick to work...if they had jobs. You can prevent sims from getting sick by getting a flu jab at the hospital in autumn and winter, or with the "Simmunity" lifetime reward which prevents them from ever getting sick, or allergies. For our two goons though, none of those are options so its life as normal!

Its 6am and everyone is awake, including Muscle Wizard, who heads downstairs and is instantly assaulted by Dachshunds daily dose of "Yell At Anoki For No Reason". She yells at him about the flies buzzing around the dining room while Roar just wants to avoid the drama.

Its another thrilling episode of Jimmy4400 and his boyfriend Macklemore Mackalmoor!

Its almost class time for Eevee, Snuggles and apples and Eevee is standing outside looking dopey. Great use of your time there, buddy.

...yes we know. You made out on the first day, remember?

Today is Science and Medicine class activities for Ms eating only apples, which involves whipping out a skeleton in front of the science building and pointing at it while making "hmm" and "ahh!" noises.

I finally catch a goon I've been looking for in the Communications lecture and spell his goddamn name right.

"The heart is up here, right?" :science:

Back at the dorm, Jimmy stands around and gazes aimlessly while surrounded by his people, and Daschunds is uncharacteristically nice to Anoki, enthusing about art to him. Maybe they will be friends after all?

apples gains a level in Science and Nerd! Meanwhile, Snuggles and Eevee seem to be doing okay in their lecture despite that look of desperation on Eevee's face.

Back at home, Jimmy has adjourned the cult meeting to play videogames in his underpants and Dachshunds is a trooper who decides to take out the trash while Asala practices dumpster diving in the bins. There is an explanation for her behaviour that I'll reveal later in the update, but see if you can guess!

Since the social groups were brought up again, let me explain it to you a little bit, with the help of Dachshunds! A couple of people have asked what the benefits are to certain groups and there is actually a way to find out ingame using the clever new smartphones.

Select this options and you get this..

We're looking at the screen for the Rebel group at the minute but the screens are basically the same for each group, mechanically. If you hover over the stars you can find out what benefits you gain from each level, and underneath will be a helpful little box telling you what you can do to raise influence, as well as a few stats. The little portraits at the bottom are influential people in those social groups and by clicking on them, your sim will instantly call that person up to chat. I could go into exactly what you get at which level but its easier to just link you to a guide that will do it all for me instead, for those who want to know.

At her current level, Dachshunds can do this. At her next level, she can sell these cheat sheets that she makes to other students for simoleans. But we won't be doing that...yet.

Still on a cleaning spree, Dachshunds cleans up all the gross dishes in the kitchen. The gross dishes in the dining room however, still remain at large.

She even finds it in her heart to continue to be nice to Anoki! They're enthusing about comic books together :3:

Anoki is a wizard so he can do this interaction! He's bragging about how he can do sick moves on a broomstick. We will probably never see him do this as there's no stunt arena on campus for sims to show off, and he probably doesn't have a broomstick.

Jimmy continues to play games in his underwear, Roar watches TV. These dudes are boring sometimes.

Get used to seeing this, by the way. Lots of goons have been doing science this update.

People being nice to Anoki! It does happen! Jimmy enthuses about music while Asala skulks around in her underpants, and Roar asks the poor dude about his day. He's actually had a pretty good one so far!

Jimmy heads outside to play a bit of ping pong with Asala. Its like all of a sudden our goons have remembered that the NPC roommates exist and are actually being nice to them, its pretty heartwarming.

"She's being nice to me! :buddy:

Class activities are over and apples gets a want to do this. Might as well let her, you guys did vote for the drat thing after all!

Dachshunds starts preparing lunch but dashes out halfway through preparing it as its time for the artgoons to do class activities. Roar, Jimmy and Dachshunds all head off to the art building to Do Things, leaving apples, Eevee and Snuggles in the dorms.

Art class activities involve all the art students sitting outside the art building with their sketchbooks, drawing whatever. Watching Roar head to this class was great, by the way. He approached the large group of sims by the fountains, stopped for a second and turned around and hid in a bush. I love this sim so much.

and look who's here! Its Jimmy4400 and Jeabus!

Back at home, Eevee is finishing off Dachshunds' cooking and Snuggles is staring. Business as usual then, really.

apples is Doing Science and gets this want. Well, we already have a pretty shiny rock in our inventory so..

Let's do this!

...except not! apples is interrupted by Eevee's mac and cheese meal, and she heads off to eat with her roommates while Eevee bitches about the dishes which nobody has cleaned up yet.

More science!

Snuggles rolls this want but we'll get to that later!

More progress!

Eevee and apples spend some more time bonding through the age old medium of videogames. These two are getting on pretty well, all things considered!

"Art is hard :saddowns:"

Snuggles decides not to be sociable and instead, broods in the kitchen :smith:

Our artgoons are progressing with their skills and head home after class activity, along with a Fizzicist I spotted.

All her videogaming has caused apples to rise up in the ranks of the Nerds and she can now issue trivia challenges to people! Everyone has arrived home. Roar still looks pretty upset for some reason and Asala is still skulking around in her underwear. By the way, have you guessed why she's acting (and looking) so weird today? Its simple. Between updates, she has been turned into a werewolf! Someone on campus must be responsible because she definitely wasn't one before.

Now before I send these kids off to do something fun for the afternoon, its time for a vote! The ladies of the house got what they wanted (Dachshunds got her Street Art kit, apples got her science machine) but what about the boys? Lets give them a present too. Here's your choices!

Snuggles is Eccentric. He loves to invent poo poo, and he is actively after an inventing table. Inventing stuff won't contribute anything to his grade, but he will have great fun doing it, and we can sell the resulting inventions for money which is always good.

Jimmy wants to learn the piano and while we can't afford a grand piano, we can afford a portable keyboard for him to tool around with and play whenever he wants. This will contribute to his grade and his lifetime wish which is to master the guitar, drums, bass and piano and become a one sim band.

Roar needs some confidence and is basically Neville Longbottom in the best possible ways. So vote for him and I'll buy him a magic wand so he can be the wizard he always wanted to be and finally be happy. It won't contribute to his grades in the slightest but it will be hilarious.

Eevee isn't after anything in particular. In fact, he's pretty happy. But he does want to learn the writing skill, which will contribute to his grade and bring in a little bit of money so why not buy him his own laptop with which to do it?

So guys, cast your vote! Jimmy, Snuggles, Eevee or Roar will be getting a gift from the christmas fairy, but who?

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 20, 2013

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

I'm always ok with giving sims magical powers.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

I'm gonna be voting for wizardsRoar. I need to see a videogame wizard happenin'.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
All of you who want me to share the wonder of Hamtaro SSLPs with other Sims, vote for my laptop. :v:

Seriously though, I'm sure making Roar a wizard can't go wrong.

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Normally I'd vote for Sim-Me, but Roar is adorable and should learn to be a wizard.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My comparison from way back pays off! I am overjoyed. :allears: Make Roar a wizard so he can be as hardcore as the Neville from the books.

Let's hope he sticks to being Neville and doesn't turn into Eridan.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Is it narcissistic to vote for myself? :haw:

quote:

Those are quite the legs I've got :geno: good ol' SimRoar leaves nothing to the imagination in the thigh department.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
You're a wizard, Roar.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Roar the Wizard.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
Jimmy!!! Look at me I'm different!!!!!!

Actually, I just want to see what it's like when a sim graduates well, since it seems like most of our sims are going to be middling to poor academically, if keeping up with grades really is as time-consuming as it seems to be.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Let's see Snuggles set himself on fire invent things!

Seriously, the last time I had an eccentric Sim he set himself on fire like four times using that drat table, even as his skill rose. He didn't even have the unlucky trait.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Veyrall posted:

Actually, I just want to see what it's like when a sim graduates well, since it seems like most of our sims are going to be middling to poor academically, if keeping up with grades really is as time-consuming as it seems to be.

The goonsims are actually doing surprisingly well. While the Sims 3 university makes it harder to get an A unless you work super duper hard for it, the opposite is also true; its nearly impossible to fail unless its something you are actively trying to do. If you just let your sims do whatever they will generally end up with a C-B grade. Right now for example there are two sims who are doing much, much better than the others just because of what they're doing for fun outside of classes. For reference, only Roar and Eevee have ever actually studied outside of class.

In any case, after the second half of day 4 comes out, I'm gonna do all of day 5 in one big update so that the update after that can include the sims' report cards for the term. I could have posted their academic progress bars during the other updates but that's no fun, you'll just have to hold on until the end of term!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I say go for the workbench because I am curious what kinds of monstrousbeautiful things Snuggles will make.

Also I haven't even been seen and I'm already becoming a pariah, there's a first for everything :v:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
All of them. :colbert: It's the christmas special episode, you can't leave people out.

Failing that, though, exquisite wizardry.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The wizardry was within Roar all along.

this fish flies
Dec 21, 2007

Don't Give Up The Ship
Roarizard so Anoki has some to chat with.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I've finally figured out where I've seen Dachshund's hair before! It's David Cross' terrifying monster parasite hair plugs from Arrested Development.

Oh, right, voting. Let's make some magic!

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012
Do you believe in magic in a young Roar's heart?

PK Starstorm
Jun 2, 2011

Faerie Fortune posted:

By the way, have you guessed why she's acting (and looking) so weird today? Its simple. Between updates, she has been turned into a werewolf! Someone on campus must be responsible because she definitely wasn't one before.

You sure this isn't just because of story progression? At least in my games, a Sim never changes their occult status unless I've had to force a change on them, in one way or another, but loading up a new game/mini hood with the supernatural options checked will turn random townies into random occults.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

All of them. :colbert: It's the christmas special episode, you can't leave people out.

Also this.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

This sounds like a good idea. One way or another, it's the most magical time of the year...

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I also vote for Roar to be a wizard, although that wand had better come with a cool wizard hat, too. :colbert:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Whoever doesn't vote for Neville Longbottom WizardRoar is truly heartless.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Wizard time.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I don't think any other option has a chance now.

And one day I will do something noteworthy..

Soral
May 30, 2009

There is no longer any turning back, make Roar a god drat wizard :smugwizard:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I was planning an update for Christmas eve but I currently have a double ear, chest and sinus infection and an insane fever that is causing my girlfriend to yell at me to go to bed every five minutes. I will still have a present for you all, just not an update. Hopefully it'll be appreciated!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

My vote should be obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Faerie Fortune posted:

I was planning an update for Christmas eve but I currently have a double ear, chest and sinus infection and an insane fever that is causing my girlfriend to yell at me to go to bed every five minutes. I will still have a present for you all, just not an update. Hopefully it'll be appreciated!

I hope you get better soon. :) I've been sick too and only just coming out of it. Hopefully yours will clear up quickly as well.

• Locked thread