Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

It looks like a huge piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Welp, I accidentally ordered 9 Reveal the Shield Mindsets instead of the 3 I planned. At least he was cheap, and also a pretty loving amazing figure! If you haven't grabbed one yet, I highly suggest doing so, hell, why not grab a bunch of other really cheap TFs off Amazon while you're at it? Hoist is five bucks, Orion Pax is ten, Fall of Cybertron Blaster is ALSO ten, Predaking Reissue is 86, Trailcutter's 10, Sharkticon Megatron is 14.50, Beast Hunters Shockwave is 18, FOC Shockwave is 9 bucks, and Ratbat and Frenzy FOC pack is FOUR DOLLARS(!). There's some other great deals to be had I'm sure, and those are all Prime-eligible.

I will never not love a robot with multi-missile launchers that sit in/on the shoulders or above the head on a backpack mount.

I also ordered Prime Dead End and he's garishly glorious. He also looks pretty kickin' rad with his swords stuck on his shoulders instead of in his hands in bot mode.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 23, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ugh, I have to keep reminding myself I don't want Blaster because I hate that mould.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Mindset owns, i have his green repaint wich has a bit more details on it. He's just the angriest little MRLS monkey.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What fantasy world are you people living in where there's a new wave of generations out? All I ever see are Megatron, Bumblebee, Pax, Thundercracker, and Hoist. :pwn:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I bought Sharkticon Megs today. Now I have 3 of that mold, vanilla megatron, shiny metallic arms micron megatron and electric bogaloo shark megatron. This is the most of megatron I've ever had for one line.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Which AM Megatron? The one with the scythe or the one with the "prime arm" and minicon sword?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They're charging over 100 dollars for Year of The Horse Supreme Starcsream.

A figure that's smaller than Metroplex and with an even more simplistic transformation is a 100 bucks.

I'm just glad he's not part of Generations.

The_Doctor posted:

Ugh, I have to keep reminding myself I don't want Blaster because I hate that mould.
His chest door is different than Soundwave's door. He has a pretty accurate Blaster head and he comes with his own cassette guy.

In robot mode he honestly just looks like blaster. Yeah the vehicle mode is rather weird, but he's worlds better than Universe 2.0 Blaster.

Honestly just leave him in robot mode and buy his cassette guy tapes. Because yeah he's a pretty awesome Blaster figure.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 23, 2013

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well, Year of the Horse Optimus is probably going to be less than 100 bucks sooner or later because I dunno who wants an Optimus with gold bling and a transparent trailer.

Okay, that might actually be kinda neat, but I don't have the fuckin' space for another MP-10. That trailer takes up a lot of real estate.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, Year of the Horse Optimus is probably going to be less than 100 bucks sooner or later because I dunno who wants an Optimus with gold bling and a transparent trailer.

Okay, that might actually be kinda neat, but I don't have the fuckin' space for another MP-10. That trailer takes up a lot of real estate.

I'm excited about gold bling OP, soon as Amazon puts that poo poo up for preorder I'm gonna get one. At least its better than bullet train abortion OP.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Gammatron 64 posted:

TRU has pre-orders opened and I put in one. I've wanted a MP Prime forever, and if this is the one I can get that's not scalper induced overpriced, I'll take it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pre-orders just went up at BBTS too: $119.99

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23525&mode=retail

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Vintimus Prime posted:

TRU has pre-orders opened and I put in one. I've wanted a MP Prime forever, and if this is the one I can get that's not scalper induced overpriced, I'll take it.

Well, if you couldn't get the first release then yeah, I could see why someone would want it, but I already have him in the right colors so it's a pretty hard sell for me.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, if you couldn't get the first release then yeah, I could see why someone would want it, but I already have him in the right colors so it's a pretty hard sell for me.

Trust me, I'd rather have the MP10 build, but I see prices going for $250-300...can't afford that haha.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Just got my Secret Santa presents from my mysterious Transformer goon.

I know I got a Starscream and a Springer, I think Starscream is from the Fall of Cybertron but not sure about the Springer. I am clueless about the tank guy, he has a sweet samurai vibe going on with him and a really neat hidden sword sheath in the tank turret. To top off the great Transformers I got that awesome Lego creator set and it is amazing I don't have that already, since my Lego collection is stupid big.

Thanks a million for the great toys, I really like the way Springer looks in his helicopter form, he will look great next to the Generations Springer.

Is there a archive of Transformers instructions? I have looked around and haven;t really found one, would be nice for the tank guy, he has a bit going on in the transforming parts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Is it the same at TRU?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rythe posted:

I know I got a Starscream and a Springer, I think Starscream is from the Fall of Cybertron but not sure about the Springer. I am clueless about the tank guy, he has a sweet samurai vibe going on with him and a really neat hidden sword sheath in the tank turret. To top off the great Transformers I got that awesome Lego creator set and it is amazing I don't have that already, since my Lego collection is stupid big.

Thanks a million for the great toys, I really like the way Springer looks in his helicopter form, he will look great next to the Generations Springer.

Is there a archive of Transformers instructions? I have looked around and haven;t really found one, would be nice for the tank guy, he has a bit going on in the transforming parts.

Well you just got Fall of Cybertron Starscream, the tank is ROTF Bludgeon, (one of the best tank-formers out there) and Springer was a sort-of Asia exclusive (until they took it to the US anyway) which is a remold from HFTD Tomahawk, another excellent mold.

You've got a pretty cool secret Santa, I gotta say.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Rythe posted:

The tank is ROTF Bludgeon, which is probably the most metal Transformers toy ever produced; the Springer is the "GDO" version, which were Asian-market toys that got brought over as TRU exclusives. Here's instructions for Bludgeon, IIRC there's a step to bring down the torso that requires excessive force (step 13 going by that manual) so watch out there.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The new simplified Voyagers seem to be making up for their simplicity by being frickin' huge. :drat:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

poo poo, I think I still prefer the Ultimate but that's a huge toy for the voyager pricepoint. Are the upscaled legion huge too?

3 posted:

The tank is ROTF Bludgeon, which is probably the most metal Transformers toy ever produced; the Springer is the "GDO" version, which were Asian-market toys that got brought over as TRU exclusives. Here's instructions for Bludgeon, IIRC there's a step to bring down the torso that requires excessive force (step 13 going by that manual) so watch out there.

That's weird, it might be corrected in the version I have (banzaitron) but collapsing the Spine takes almost no force at all. I push on his head usually instead of pulling his legs though.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

3 posted:

The tank is ROTF Bludgeon, which is probably the most metal Transformers toy ever produced.

You are not lying, that guy is a bad rear end when he is in robot mode, Bludgeon just jumped to the top of my favorite robot modes. On top of looking amazing in robot mode, he is the perfect height to fight sword to sword with generations Springer.

Edit: I have no clue where the heck Springer's sword goes in Helicopter mode too.

Rythe fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 24, 2013

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Blackheart posted:

Which AM Megatron? The one with the scythe or the one with the "prime arm" and minicon sword?

The one with the scythe.

Today I found out that both Kreo Computron and Menasor are out. They are available over at bbts or ebay. I sent for them. Also, I'll have to start looking for a seller with wave 4 of micro changers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rythe posted:

Edit: I have no clue where the heck Springer's sword goes in Helicopter mode too.
It's the rotor. :confused:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He's talking about his GDO Springer, I think.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blackheart posted:

He's talking about his GDO Springer, I think.

Yeah, and that thing goes nowhere. At best you can sort of get it to sit between his legs but it's not a tight fit.

Talking of Springer, I'm re-reading LSoTW (thanks, TheDK!) and Voyager Springer is literally straight from its pages. Meaning they had that design down pat in 2010 and we didn't see a hint of him till, when? Early 2013?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rythe posted:

That's okay, neither did the designers.

The sword wasn't part of the original mold, if I remember right all the guys from that wave of exclusive repaints came with bonus weapons. That's a great mold, but I always thought those legs were just too spindly for a Springer. Also their need to make the head small enough to fit Springer's crests left him looking pin-headed compared to the original mold.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Meaning they had that design down pat in 2010 and we didn't see a hint of him till, when? Early 2013?
I believe the basic design actually pre-dates LSOTW but that also has very little to do with the finished product.

The hard part of a triple changer probably isn't the basic sketches.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

but I always hear Last Stand of the Wreckers transcends Transformers comics and is just a drat awesome comic no matter what. Is it really THAT GOOD?
Not really, it's just a mature and well told story that uses lots of seeded lore, neat ideas and the canon its in to tell an effective war story that happens to be set in a G1 canon. It's not perfect and MTMTE is better.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 24, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Speaking of which, I haven't read any Transformers comics since the Marvel series (I once had #1-80 and all the tie-in miniseries, plus Generation 2 #1-12, and foolishly sold them all on eBay, even though they weren't that good), but I always hear Last Stand of the Wreckers transcends Transformers comics and is just a drat awesome comic no matter what. Is it really THAT GOOD?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Speaking of which, I haven't read any Transformers comics since the Marvel series (I once had #1-80 and all the tie-in miniseries, plus Generation 2 #1-12, and foolishly sold them all on eBay, even though they weren't that good), but I always hear Last Stand of the Wreckers transcends Transformers comics and is just a drat awesome comic no matter what. Is it really THAT GOOD?

It's a game-changer. That plus the later two monthly books (MTMTE/RiD) blow away anything prior. IDW has had ups and downs in quality, but they're humming now.

IDW really has got gold on their hands, which is what makes the current Dark Cybertron MEGA CROSSOVER EVENT so infuriating. It's loving with the flow of two really great books.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

GD_American posted:

It's a game-changer. That plus the later two monthly books (MTMTE/RiD) blow away anything prior. IDW has had ups and downs in quality, but they're humming now.

IDW really has got gold on their hands, which is what makes the current Dark Cybertron MEGA CROSSOVER EVENT so infuriating. It's loving with the flow of two really great books.

Sweet! Public Library has Last Stand and MTMTE Volumes 1-5. It might be weeks or months before I can read them, but read them I will. Thank you to all who recommended these.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 24, 2013

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

That's okay, neither did the designers.

The sword wasn't part of the original mold, if I remember right all the guys from that wave of exclusive repaints came with bonus weapons. That's a great mold, but I always thought those legs were just too spindly for a Springer. Also their need to make the head small enough to fit Springer's crests left him looking pin-headed compared to the original mold.

Uh the picture clearly shows the missle launchers being connected to the posts on the back. Meaning he stores his sword where the missle launchers are on his wings and you just move a launcher to the back.

I bet you people still don't store the G1 Seeker fists in their proper area either and think they just detach from the plane entirely in vehicle mode. :colbert:

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 24, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went to Intergalactic Toys today to pick up one thing, left with all this for $100.

That Omega is 100% intact. I prefer it to the recent remold. Motorbreath is neat as he's in scale with Motormaster.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

The_Doctor posted:

Talking of Springer, I'm re-reading LSoTW (thanks, TheDK!) and Voyager Springer is literally straight from its pages. Meaning they had that design down pat in 2010 and we didn't see a hint of him till, when? Early 2013?
If you mean that LSotW used the toy design, no, that was Nick Roche's design and he didn't know about the toy until it was announced. He was rather excited by it, too.

GD_American posted:

The great thing is that the writers aren't going anywhere any time soon. Barber is in charge of Transformers as a whole, so he'd be replacing himself if RiD got a new writer and Roberts said a couple days ago that the outlines for everything up through issue 54 (I think it was 54, might have been 56) was already approved.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope Generations is going to get the huge rear end voyager size that TF Prime just got. Holy crap both Prime and Predaking are huge.

Don't get me wrong, the entirety of the Voyager line in Generations has been solid. But there are some robots that demand such a large figure at a reasonable price point.

Not only that but with transformations that simple they could emulate a lot of the weird rear end monster bots, powermasters, Pretenders, and such of G1 and still have better articulation.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Uh the picture clearly shows the missle launchers being connected to the posts on the back. Meaning he stores his sword where the missle launchers are on his wings and you just move a launcher to the back.

I bet you people still don't store the G1 Seeker fists in their proper area either and think they just detach from the plane entirely in vehicle mode. :colbert:
Yeah, then he's a helicopter with a giant sword hanging off it. It's not that there's nowhere to put it, it's that there's nowhere to put it that makes sense.

As for G1 seeker fists, go on...

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

As for G1 seeker fists, go on...

They fit inside the feet when they fold up against the body for jet mode, or so Google tells me. I've never tried that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Invictus posted:

Welp, I accidentally ordered 9 Reveal the Shield Mindsets instead of the 3 I planned. At least he was cheap, and also a pretty loving amazing figure! If you haven't grabbed one yet, I highly suggest doing so, hell, why not grab a bunch of other really cheap TFs off Amazon while you're at it? Hoist is five bucks, Orion Pax is ten, Fall of Cybertron Blaster is ALSO ten, Predaking Reissue is 86, Trailcutter's 10, Sharkticon Megatron is 14.50, Beast Hunters Shockwave is 18, FOC Shockwave is 9 bucks, and Ratbat and Frenzy FOC pack is FOUR DOLLARS(!). There's some other great deals to be had I'm sure, and those are all Prime-eligible.

I will never not love a robot with multi-missile launchers that sit in/on the shoulders or above the head on a backpack mount.

I also ordered Prime Dead End and he's garishly glorious. He also looks pretty kickin' rad with his swords stuck on his shoulders instead of in his hands in bot mode.
For those that don't have him, Hoist is absolutely worth it for $5. I have both Hoist and Trailcutter, and while I like them both, I definitely prefer Hoist.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Is it the same at TRU?

$10 cheaper than TRU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Local news had a piece on Toys for Tots handouts, showed some little kid getting a Generations Metroplex (mighta been mine even) and it blowing his mind. Pure awwwwwwwww in liquid form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

$10 cheaper than TRU

I'm trying to justify it but the clear plastic looks terrible.