Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
So I've finally gotten the mods I want to work mostly properly, however there seems to be some glow and fuzziness around some of the character models and its giving me a headache. You can see it below on the bottom of the tunic, going into the legs and the shadows under the arms. It looks the same on other NPC's as well. Any ideas?

edit: it just seems like some items are just out of focus for some reason. maybe a depth of field setting?

slightpirate fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

slightpirate posted:

So I've finally gotten the mods I want to work mostly properly, however there seems to be some glow and fuzziness around some of the character models and its giving me a headache. You can see it below on the bottom of the tunic, going into the legs and the shadows under the arms. It looks the same on other NPC's as well. Any ideas?
I can't really tell from your picture, but do you mean you have a glow effect on objects that are standing in front of a shadow like this?.
If so try experimenting with the shadow settings in your .ini. Specifically iBlurDeferredShadowMask and fShadowBiasScale.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

slightpirate posted:

edit: it just seems like some items are just out of focus for some reason. maybe a depth of field setting?

One of the ENB presets I used had this and I had to press the pause key to turn it off everytime I loaded the game. I think it was some AA setting that was bundled with ENB or something.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

Raygereio posted:

I can't really tell from your picture, but do you mean you have a glow effect on objects that are standing in front of a shadow like this?.
If so try experimenting with the shadow settings in your .ini. Specifically iBlurDeferredShadowMask and fShadowBiasScale.

That is exactly it, though to a less pronounced degree that your picture has. I'll take a look at some of the settings and see what i come up with.

e: looks like its something in CoT.

slightpirate fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 23, 2013

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Dohaeris posted:

Getting back into Skyrim and loading up on mods. Is there a "make werewolves less lovely" mod that is recommended?

Yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt65QPLZof4

Duke Farmington
Feb 26, 2012
Please don't crucify me if this has been addressed. I ctrl+f'd "flickering" and "flashing" on almost every page and couldn't find a solution.

This started when I upgraded to an HD 7950. My old 5770 did not have this issue. These are my system specs:

Phenom II x6 1100T
8GB RAM
AMD HD 7950 3GB

I have the latest drivers. I used driver sweeper to clear out all old drivers and install 3.12. BIOS is completely up-to-date and so are all other drivers.

Basically, my issue is this: textures, especially water and shadowed areas, flicker and flash incessantly when I walk or move my view. If I stand completely still, there's no issue, but as soon as there's motion, it's seizure central. Further, the terrain textures have odd striping on them that moves and flickers when I do.

I am running no mods. This happens with and without the official HD texture pack.

This does not occur in any other games, although I did notice some distant z-fighting on the mountains in New Vegas. Nonetheless, that game is quite playable, and skyrim is not playable like this for me.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Duke Farmington fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 24, 2013

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Can anyone help me with getting the Dual Sheath proccer working through Mod Organiser please? I've tried running the proccer through MO while the proccer was in MO's mod directory and nothing happened. I then put the proccer into the main Skyrim folder, the proccer started, but said it couldn't find the Dual Sheath esm :argh:

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008
Has anyone played a good rogue-like mod for skyrim? Basically one that adds permadeath at least.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

MadJackMcJack posted:

Can anyone help me with getting the Dual Sheath proccer working through Mod Organiser please? I've tried running the proccer through MO while the proccer was in MO's mod directory and nothing happened. I then put the proccer into the main Skyrim folder, the proccer started, but said it couldn't find the Dual Sheath esm :argh:

I just did this today. You have to look under the data tab and find the .jar file, and then add it to the executables list via the right click menu and run it through MO, and then it will work fine.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 24, 2013

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

So I've been using Customized Categorized Favorites Menu for a long time, but every time I select something in the favorites menu the game freezes for about a second. This doesn't happen with the vanilla or SkyUI favorites menu and it happens regardless of how many or what mods I have. Anyone know if there's a fix for this or a better alternative?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

holy gently caress yes

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

The Lone Badger posted:

According to the SPERG options the 'fist' weapons are just a convenient way to select unarmed. There's another way to set the options that makes you autoequip them when you're unarmed and they never show up in your inventory.

This is right. They default to auto-equipping, so you should never know they're even there. Without them, unarmed won't level pick pocket, effects like acid splash won't work, and I think even weapon speed effects don't do anything (not entirely sure on that one). Those are the only things you lose if you turn it off, though. The option to have them show up in your inventory as a fist item was a requested feature that I added.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

seorin posted:

This is right. They default to auto-equipping, so you should never know they're even there. Without them, unarmed won't level pick pocket, effects like acid splash won't work, and I think even weapon speed effects don't do anything (not entirely sure on that one). Those are the only things you lose if you turn it off, though. The option to have them show up in your inventory as a fist item was a requested feature that I added.

Thank you for the info! I was worried that I was losing out on perks by keeping fists unequipped. I'll equip them and see if it messes with resplendent racials khajit stuff.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

JAssassin posted:

I just did this today. You have to look under the data tab and find the .jar file, and then add it to the executables list via the right click menu and run it through MO, and then it will work fine.

It worked, yay! Thanks.

I'm assuming the same process is used for FNIS, because that loving thing isn't working right either. They don't make this poo poo easy....

Quift
May 11, 2012
When I'm starting "live another life" I end up sitting in mid-air unnable to move and start my new life. Anyone have a clue what could cause this?

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Immersive Patrols occasionally causes Imperial patrols to spawn rather high up in the air rather than on the ground. Only ever seems to happen with Imperials. In my world of Skyrim it quite literally rains men every now and then. The fall doesn't even kill all of them most of the time.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

DSauer posted:

Immersive Patrols occasionally causes Imperial patrols to spawn rather high up in the air rather than on the ground. Only ever seems to happen with Imperials. In my world of Skyrim it quite literally rains men every now and then. The fall doesn't even kill all of them most of the time.
I think that might be a vanilla issue with whatever system handles spawning. In an unmodded game I've had mammoths and NPCs fall out of the sky as well.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Quift posted:

When I'm starting "live another life" I end up sitting in mid-air unnable to move and start my new life. Anyone have a clue what could cause this?

If you're running that Helgen quest mod, try disabling it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Corridor posted:

Got some weird bug going on where I keep coming across npcs or whatever on the road, just standing around. Like they spawned and then their AI didn't. On my way out of the starting village I ran into some normal wolves attacking a rigid motionless deer. Later I found a bunch of Imperials with a Nord prisoner, and they were like, *alive* and responded to my speech/actions etc, but were just standing there doing idle animations in unison.

Bringing this back because this just happened to me too. Not sure what to do about it. I am running Immersive Patrols.

Edit:

quote:

Has anyone played a good rogue-like mod for skyrim? Basically one that adds permadeath at least.

Is there a mod that just turns Skyrim into ADOM?

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 24, 2013

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Huh... my game is crashing to desktop when I approach Goldenglow Estate. Not even trying to enter it, just when I'm in Skyrim running towards it; I'll try to approach from a different angle, but so far it's done it 3 times, always at around the same distance. Weird.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So hey, I remember a mod which would help Spellblade-esque characters using a shield/sword combo by automatically, instantly casting a spell they had hotkeyed to certain buttons. It wasn't particularly balanced but gently caress that I want it - anyone know what I'm on about and where I can get it from?

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
More Hotkeys Please has an auto-cast option when setting a hotkey, along with an option to re-equip whatever was in your hand before you cast the spell. I've also heard that Grimy Utilities does something similar but doesn't allow for dual casting. Both should be available on the Nexus.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Dual Sheath Redux stopped putting my shield on my back :( No idea why, turning it off and on doesn't seem to help. Any other fixes possible? I didn't change mod order between behavior change.

Also SkyUI logo has a santa hat on today.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

So hey, I remember a mod which would help Spellblade-esque characters using a shield/sword combo by automatically, instantly casting a spell they had hotkeyed to certain buttons. It wasn't particularly balanced but gently caress that I want it - anyone know what I'm on about and where I can get it from?

Was it something that Grimy made?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Scyantific posted:

Was it something that Grimy made?

Grimy's Utilities has hotkey casting that is cooldown based instead of cast time based. His [url=https://sites.google.com/site/grimyskyrim/my-mods/skytweak]SkyTweak[/url is also a wonderful mod that does all kinda of things that lots of people don't realize they even want and should be in the OP.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Grimy's was it, thanks guys. :)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Are there any mods that add a ton of blood effects and isn't crash prone like Enhanced Blood Textures?

Basically, got a Live Another Life random start as a Thalmor. Came across a civil war skirmish from Immersive Patrols, and killed everyone.

This would have been way cooler if the battlefield was covered in blood/etc.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Gyshall posted:

Are there any mods that add a ton of blood effects and isn't crash prone like Enhanced Blood Textures?

Basically, got a Live Another Life random start as a Thalmor. Came across a civil war skirmish from Immersive Patrols, and killed everyone.

I wish Warzone still worked :smith:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
What's broken with Warzone?

whiteshark12
Oct 21, 2010

How that gun even works underwater I don't know, but I bet the answer is magic.
Everytime I try to launch the game through Mod Organizer, I get this error message:

Regardless of whether I try to run SKSE with mods installed, no mods selected, or even if I choose the base skyrim. Running SKSE or vanilla Skyrim works fine, just without mods, so this is an issue with MO somewhere. How can I fix this? Googling isn't helping me here, so sorry if this is answered already.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Gyshall posted:

Enhanced Blood Textures does a pretty good job of making those into an orgy of gore, or a gorgy if you will. Some people occasionally report issue with the mod, but I've used it for quite a while with no noticeable issues.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

whiteshark12 posted:

Everytime I try to launch the game through Mod Organizer, I get this error message:

Regardless of whether I try to run SKSE with mods installed, no mods selected, or even if I choose the base skyrim. Running SKSE or vanilla Skyrim works fine, just without mods, so this is an issue with MO somewhere. How can I fix this? Googling isn't helping me here, so sorry if this is answered already.
Have you run the Skyrim Launcher through Mod Organizer? Since it uses separate settings the game might be set to an unsupported resolution in your Mod Organizer profile.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

JAssassin posted:

Bringing this back because this just happened to me too. Not sure what to do about it. I am running Immersive Patrols.

I dunno if we are having this problem for the same reason, but I'm not running much that could be interfering with patrols or AI. I think the only ones that interfere with scripts are Run For Your Lives and I guess the Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

graynull posted:

Enhanced Blood Textures does a pretty good job of making those into an orgy of gore, or a gorgy if you will. Some people occasionally report issue with the mod, but I've used it for quite a while with no noticeable issues.

Seriously?

Petah
Aug 24, 2006

Keeping the American Imperialists at bay since 1948
So I'm running both SkyRe and the community uncapper. I thought I was supposed to start earning 2 perk points from level 10-29 but I earned 2 perk points at level 10 and only 1 at level 11. It appears that this is consistent with the default SkyRe setting but not the uncapper settings. The community uncapper also does not show up my plugin load order but is a selected mod. Anybody experience anything like this?

Edit: nm I just realised that the default "example" I was reading by the uncapper is set off and I am now gaining 1.2 perks per level.

Petah fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 25, 2013

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

Seriously?

Same here, I haven't had any problems with it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I get CTD when I'm using it, at least some of the time. I'm pretty sure it is enhanced blood textures but I'm not 100% positive.

The step forums seem to have people with the same issues

Smooth Willis
Jul 12, 2013
Just as a heads up, the weapon Skullcrusher from Morrowloot isn't compatible with any custom animations and will cause a CTD if you try to equip it. The mod author added an alternate esp recently that removes it from the game if anyone else is using it.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

What's broken with Warzone?

Apparently it broke when Skyrim updated to 1.9 and the author isn't updating it. CTDs and all that jazz. Pity, it was unbalanced as gently caress, but those huge battles were a thing of beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiteshark12
Oct 21, 2010

How that gun even works underwater I don't know, but I bet the answer is magic.

Threep posted:

Have you run the Skyrim Launcher through Mod Organizer? Since it uses separate settings the game might be set to an unsupported resolution in your Mod Organizer profile.

That worked, thanks so much!

• Locked thread