Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
So Spender's whole life is that episode of Tenchi Muyo where the girls read shoujo manga to learn how to get a guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I look forward to being an old man and yelling at kids to get off my roof

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-63/

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
This page is very confusing

\/ Ohhhhhh okay. What a jerk

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 20, 2013

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rasamune posted:

Apparently Isabel's grandpa told Girlgeta exactly how to counter her attacks, just so Isabel would be humiliated. He is a doo doo head

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Oxxidation posted:

Apparently Isabel's grandpa told Girlgeta exactly how to counter her attacks, just so Isabel would be humiliated. He is a doo doo head

It also appears to have annoyed Girlgeta. I don't think he told her that wolf head move was only useful for humiliating Isabel. Least, that's what I took from her annoyed glare there.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 20, 2013

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I guess it was always sorta obvious, but it's good to know that there's a sizable number of people who can control/fight with spirit energy, but not actually have a tool/be possessed. I just assumed the two went hand in hand.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Matlock Birthmark posted:

It also appears to have annoyed Girlgeta. I don't think he told her that wolf head move was only useful for humiliating Isabel. Least, that's what I took from her annoyed glare there.

I think it's probably more she's annoyed Isabel knows she had privileged information going into the fight. She probably thinks it cheapens the win. (It could also be she resents Grandpa calling her magic wolf head "needlessly elaborate" but since that reaction comes a couple panels afterwards I don't think that's what she's reacting to.)

Countblanc posted:

I guess it was always sorta obvious, but it's good to know that there's a sizable number of people who can control/fight with spirit energy, but not actually have a tool/be possessed. I just assumed the two went hand in hand.

Am I missing something here? I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Opposing Farce posted:

Am I missing something here? I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.

Grandpa said that, if it weren't for Isabel's tool, she'd take his lessons to heart and become a True Fighting Champion or whatever. Instead, he sees her tool as a crutch that's keeping her from actually becoming a better spirit-fighter-person since it's probably a lot easier to make a tidal wave of paper to crush your foes than it is to magical martial arts a rogue ghost into submission. My point was that it never occurred to me that people would actually train their spirit technique unless they had a tool or plans to get one.

Phreizr
Nov 1, 2012
Basically Grandpa doesn't think it's a good idea for Isabelle to rely on her book for everything, and if the fire-breathing spirit prominently featured throughout the chapter is any indication, the narrative might agree with him.

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?

Rasamune posted:

\/ Ohhhhhh okay. What a jerk

My bet is that Isabelle's "weakness" is that she's secretly afraid of dogs.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Big toothy dogs are scary when you're a small child.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I thought it was some kind of dragony creature. Maybe Isabella wasn't always the badass she is today, and she had a bad spiritual encounter early on.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Coach Sport posted:

My bet is that Isabelle's "weakness" is that she's secretly afraid of dogs.

Aren't they gonna need to fight dogs later :ohdear:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Countblanc posted:

Grandpa said that, if it weren't for Isabel's tool, she'd take his lessons to heart and become a True Fighting Champion or whatever. Instead, he sees her tool as a crutch that's keeping her from actually becoming a better spirit-fighter-person since it's probably a lot easier to make a tidal wave of paper to crush your foes than it is to magical martial arts a rogue ghost into submission. My point was that it never occurred to me that people would actually train their spirit technique unless they had a tool or plans to get one.

Ah, okay, now I follow. I thought you meant that some spectrals were actually incapable of using tools or becoming a medium.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
http://paranatural.net/

I just love how Issac is pretty much Mr. Anime at this point. Interesting that Mr. Starchman was able to see the powers. Hmmmm..

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

But what about the blank piece of paper. WHAT ABOUT IT!?

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Yes. It is a central tenet of The Ghostbusters. The stay puft marshmallow man was all CGI.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Of course Mr. Starchman could see it. It's paper, not spectral energy.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, people can't see spirits but if there is a physical component, like Max pulling metal towards his bat or paper flying around anywhere, anyone can see it.

Issac just done hosed up.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
Although Starchman shouldn't be able to see Ed's ink or he would know that the Activity Club is the Paranatural Activity Club.

But I think Blackheart was asking about the blank piece of paper that Starchman had in his hand. What was on it??????

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Blackheart posted:

But what about the blank piece of paper. WHAT ABOUT IT!?

He needed help writing lyrics that teenagers would like so he asked the coolest person he knew.

But he wasn't available so he asked Spender.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Heavy Zed posted:

Although Starchman shouldn't be able to see Ed's ink or he would know that the Activity Club is the Paranatural Activity Club.

The flying paper would be enough to freak him out.

I literally chortled at 'It's CGI' 'Oh, okay'.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Oh my :sparkles:stars! Is a genius speech bubble and it needs way more recognition.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
"It's CGI"

This is the kind of reason as for why I keep telling people they should read this piece of art. :allears:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Those three flashback panels are so good that I'm having trouble paying attention to the rest of the strip.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Is it me or did Issac's hair get flatter on top since we last saw him?

EDIT: Nope, it's something different... Maybe it's not the same angle? I dunno, it just looks different somehow.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 24, 2013

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/post/71001748910/my-warmup-sketches-from-today-were-all-other

You can always be more anime.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn I wish there were more crossovers between Gigi and Zack. Right now those two are the best. :allears:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Now you've made me want Gigi and Zack to do a Buttlord GT collab where they just alternate pages. And you've made me sad because it probably won't happen.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

rotinaj posted:

Now you've made me want Gigi and Zack to do a Buttlord GT collab where they just alternate pages. And you've made me sad because it probably won't happen.

Not with that kind of attitude it won't!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

RabidWeasel posted:

Not with that kind of attitude it won't!

To twitter!

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Merry to you too, Zack. :allears:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Portals posted:

Merry to you too, Zack. :allears:
I'm surprised Johnny only got one stocking's worth of coal. Santa probably shorted him just to throw a wrench in his coal-themed get-rich-quick scheme. He's a crafty one, that Kringle...

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tupperwarez posted:

I'm surprised Johnny only got one stocking's worth of coal. Santa probably shorted him just to throw a wrench in his coal-themed get-rich-quick scheme. He's a crafty one, that Kringle...
Coal is what Johnny asked for. He just got a big pile of flammable objects surrounded by a wick. Dude's in heaven.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Splicer posted:

Coal is what Johnny asked for. He just got a big pile of flammable objects surrounded by a wick. Dude's in heaven.

He's just thinking ahead. Coal's gonna appreciate in value, man, just you wait.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LtStorm posted:

He's just thinking ahead. Coal's gonna appreciate in value, man, just you wait.
That coal will be diamonds in no time, and that's like 30, 60k easy,

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

neogeo0823 posted:

Is it me or did Issac's hair get flatter on top since we last saw him?

EDIT: Nope, it's something different... Maybe it's not the same angle? I dunno, it just looks different somehow.

Possession is supposed to manifest more visibly as time passes and the spirit absorbs more energy, soooo Zack probably just started drawing it differently, but I like to think that it's getting EVEN MORE SPIKY ALL ON ITS OWN.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I wonder how long it takes for the whole process to complete. I always assumed it was, like, years of frequent usage, but I guess that'd make for boring storytelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
I'm assuming it depends on how powerful the spirit is, considering how it only takes a few days for a small spirit like Eightfold to recover. Since Issac is possessed by what we can assume is a powerful storm spirit, I can imagine it being a much more drawn out process for him.