Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

sleeptalker posted:

My question is: how did that get through Sony's nearly 3 week verification process?

I think Sony's testing process has nothing to do with testing of design usability or intuitiveness, and has everything to do with stability, content rating verification (aka no slipping boobs in there without the proper rating), security verification (no massive security holes in multiplayer stuff), and reliability (game always launches, all the menus actually work when you click them). As such, I doubt they'd give a poo poo about the retarded design decisions/oversights DE has made.

Sony doesn't give a poo poo if your software is bad, they give a poo poo if your software doesn't work well enough that it makes their SYSTEM look bad to the end user. This is why they allow bad games to be published.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

:words: about Cicero defense mission

Oh yeah, I totally forgot the injector location must be a bit randomized. Ours was in the huge open area it usually spawns in but centered near the back where the route to extraction was, if I recall correctly. What I meant by cave bottleneck was that something like 90% of our enemies spawned in a cave we had come from leading to the big open area with the cicero injector. There was a bridge leading between the two you could run down on. Occasionally I'd run around and see a few grineer walking around below the injector and I think only once did one even get into the injector area, and that was because we had all decided to run to the cave to grab some drops or something. It was a pretty boring defense mission but we all agreed we'd rather just complete it and get our event rewards than have some crazy mission we risked losing (back when we had to all have lapis anti-toxins and they weren't tradeable). It was just weird that literally all of them spawned from one direction even though they could have presumably spawned from the tunnel near the back as well.

I do like the tileset though and I think it will be fun to see it in the future. More variety is always nice.

Actually this reminds me of a random time I was doing a nightmare survival mission on... Jupiter somewhere, maybe? I think it was the gas tilesets.

The alarm console spawned behind some boxes or something we could just not get past. It might have been because we had low gravity on, but it just wouldn't let us drop down past them to reach the room with the alarm console. :wtc:

Clocks fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 24, 2013

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
At least I'm not the only one doing the PS4 planet shuffle. It is a pain in the rear end for sure.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Kanos posted:

Why would people forgetting their own antitoxins matter if you're slamming a vermillion in there anyway?

Well, the first time that happened we all had lapis toxins (this was before Vermillions were added and the jadeleaf spawn rate was upped). Then I tried soloing it yesterday, because I'm at my parent's for christmas and their internet is pretty bad for groups. I think I'm gonna just build another Vermillion, wait until I'm back home and on a good connection (the event should still be going) and then get 3 others to help me complete it.

Also, you can get some pretty lovely maps for the injector. Mine had a hole in the ground right next to the machine that enemies would jump out of.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Got my Kunai building and my Orthos is now up to 16, plus I maxed out my Loki.

Thing I noticed: Does Streamline not actually do anything? I ranked it up to level 2 (or 3? 2 pips) and my Invisibility and Decoy still say they cost 50 and 25, respectively... would have thought they'd get a little cheaper with 15% Power Efficiency.

Another thing I'm confused about are my actual ingame stats... I've got a 5 pip Redirection and a 4 pip Vitality slotted in, and on my Arsenal screen it says I have 500 Health and 540 Shield, but when I'm in a regular mission (not an iced over one) my Health is 375 and my Shield is 420. What's up with that? I don't have any other mods slotted that would lower either of those, that I know of. I'm Rank 3, if that makes any difference.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Painful noob questions but one thing I haven't figured out in my week of playing are auras? I got a much needed rifle amp recently but I can't equip it because It needs to go into a "aura slot." The hell is an aura slot?

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

The mod slot to the left of all the other slots.

It has its own polarity, unless you are playing Excalibur. If you match its polarity with a aura mod you gain extra fitting points instead of just halving the cost. Makes leveling warframes much easier once you have a few aura slots.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Aura

Aura slot is also a really good candidate for a first Forma use. When you level a frame/weapon to 30 you can use a Forma to add/change a polarity, but you have to relevel it. It gets easier because you can slot in more powerful mods earlier.

ChaiCalico fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 24, 2013

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming
Started playing this game a few days ago and I'm finding it ridiculously fun. Started with Mag and I'm just trying to decide who I'll build next. How is Saryn at the moment? She looks interesting but I've been reading mixed opinions on her viability.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

madpanda posted:

The mod slot to the left of all the other slots.

It has its own polarity, unless you are playing Excalibur. If you match its polarity with a aura mod you gain extra fitting points instead of just halving the cost. Makes leveling warframes much easier once you have a few aura slots.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Aura

Oh god thank you. I've been playing this for a week (44 hours hahahahahahahahaha:kheldragar: ) and I've just now noticed the outline for a mod to the left. Hard to see through all that crack smoke.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Kneejerk posted:

Started playing this game a few days ago and I'm finding it ridiculously fun. Started with Mag and I'm just trying to decide who I'll build next. How is Saryn at the moment? She looks interesting but I've been reading mixed opinions on her viability.

Saryn is ok and just got a buff, i wouldn't recommend her for someone new though. It will also be a bit before you have the boss unlocked that drops her parts.

What do you want to do is the main question?

Rhino is a common recommendation for new players, high survivability, easy to get. Remains good throughout the game. Slow in the default helm but with the alert helm becomes pretty fast.

If you like the caster type I cannot recommend volt enough if you just want to blow poo poo up and make your team run really fast. Nova is also a good choice for blowing poo poo up and making enemies take much more damage.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Are there any melee weapons that do hilarious things in crowds of enemies? When I first played this game I was looking at the Bo staff for being able to juggle crowds forever, but apparently that got nerfed into the floor. Is there anything else that's even slightly comparable? My usual playstyle in this sort of game is "Invincible rear end in a top hat who runs around dicking with enemies by crowd controlling/debuffing them forever and being a giant brick wall".

I'm looking at using the Rhino for the forseeable future and I've gotten pretty good at knocking over crowds of enemies with the jump-kick move.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

President Ark posted:

Are there any melee weapons that do hilarious things in crowds of enemies? When I first played this game I was looking at the Bo staff for being able to juggle crowds forever, but apparently that got nerfed into the floor. Is there anything else that's even slightly comparable? My usual playstyle in this sort of game is "Invincible rear end in a top hat who runs around dicking with enemies by crowd controlling/debuffing them forever and being a giant brick wall".

I'm looking at using the Rhino for the forseeable future and I've gotten pretty good at knocking over crowds of enemies with the jump-kick move.

The Orthos is pretty great for this as a starter weapon. Dunno about further on.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

President Ark posted:

Do you consider cleaving enemies in twain hilarious? Because the Galatine is super good at that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Does anyone know offhand if the bundles of weapons come with slots/catalysts? They Grineer Assault bundle for 149 plat is pretty tempting.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Crowbear posted:

Do you consider cleaving enemies in twain hilarious? Because the Galatine is super good at that.
Yeah this, I posted a picture of the Galatine's hard work a few pages back when it launched some Grineer like a mile across the screen, with his legs going in one direction and the body staying next to me.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Fuzz posted:

Thing I noticed: Does Streamline not actually do anything? I ranked it up to level 2 (or 3? 2 pips) and my Invisibility and Decoy still say they cost 50 and 25, respectively... would have thought they'd get a little cheaper with 15% Power Efficiency.

I haven't paid attention to it recently, but I remember when I first started slotting Streamline, the little number that pops up when you use the power stays at whatever the base value is (25/50/75/100), but the amount of your energy that gets drained is altered by the mod.

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming

madpanda posted:

Saryn is ok and just got a buff, i wouldn't recommend her for someone new though. It will also be a bit before you have the boss unlocked that drops her parts.

What do you want to do is the main question?

Rhino is a common recommendation for new players, high survivability, easy to get. Remains good throughout the game. Slow in the default helm but with the alert helm becomes pretty fast.

If you like the caster type I cannot recommend volt enough if you just want to blow poo poo up and make your team run really fast. Nova is also a good choice for blowing poo poo up and making enemies take much more damage.

I'm only a few missions away from the boss the drops Saryn's stuff so getting the blueprints shouldn't be too much of a bother. I'm playing with a couple of friends and one of them is working towards Rhino and I think another is interested in Frost (though that'll be more of a challenge). I'm looking for something quite different from Mag, though Volt does look fun as I've loved the runspeed buff whenever I've been in a group with one of them. Saryn just appeals to me as she gets that ability that buffs her melee damage and Venom seems like it would be good against high hp enemies.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

President Ark posted:

I kind of end up pimping it a bit too much, but the Kestrel's ground slam attack has a pretty decent range AE knockdown in addition to the thrown charge attack ragdoll shenanigans.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Been doing phobos boss runs to get trinity helmet blueprint so i can finally make a new warframe and i think im finally encounter pubbie blues. Everytime theres one or more people in the cell that just don't seem to be putting out the right amount of dmg for this area? One round I ran out of ammo and had to melee the robot lackey down. It was sad.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Tokubetsu posted:

Been doing phobos boss runs to get trinity helmet blueprint so i can finally make a new warframe and i think im finally encounter pubbie blues. Everytime theres one or more people in the cell that just don't seem to be putting out the right amount of dmg for this area? One round I ran out of ammo and had to melee the robot lackey down. It was sad.

Lech Kril is a phase-based boss. You shoot his backpack and wait until he freezes himself then repeat until he sets himself on fire then you drain his hp.

His ice-attacks cannot be procced by anything you do. It's purely a waiting game.

Do not close to melee.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have a couple mods for ammo, but man if I use my Bratton I pretty much run out of ammo somewhere around the 50-75% of level completion range.

Is fusion on those ammo mods the answer?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

My client has been all kinds of wonky lately. Verified my cache -- YOU'RE MISSING 193 FILES. :psylon:

I think that's just because DE has updated those files beyond the versions Steam's installer has cached. Still not a bad idea to verify, since it rolls back to the last known-good version on the Steam CDN and then updates from there.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fuzz posted:

The power numbers when you use a skill are just the exp you're getting from using them, not the actual amount of energy it takes to use them. Look at your energy number when you use a skill and it should be going down by less when you have power efficiency.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Denzine posted:

Lech Kril is a phase-based boss. You shoot his backpack and wait until he freezes himself then repeat until he sets himself on fire then you drain his hp.

His ice-attacks cannot be procced by anything you do. It's purely a waiting game.

Do not close to melee.

He has two ice attacks, they both have separate cooldowns. He uses his ice ball shot when you're far away, and he uses his ice wave when you're at medium to close (but not melee) range. Boom, I just doubled your clear time, if you have rush slotted.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

TheBlandName posted:

He has two ice attacks, they both have separate cooldowns. He uses his ice ball shot when you're far away, and he uses his ice wave when you're at medium to close (but not melee) range. Boom, I just doubled your clear time, if you have rush slotted.

...and are playing alone.

I'd test the separate cooldowns thing but gently caress kril I'll just trust you.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Okay, Im new at this and I have some questions I didn't see in the OP.

I cleared all of mercury and for to all of level one and a half. It says the levels are recommended for 1-3. Venus is now open but it says that those are for levels 3-5.

Am I really supposed to be grinding for hours at level one to leave Mercury? This seems really asinine.

My name in game (ps4) is the same as here. I would appreciate getting some goon groups.

EDIT: I should note that I followed the advice int he OP and bought a Braton and a Sweeper, which helped a good deal. I also forged a Cronus to replace my Skana.

I still have 75 plat and now 57k cash, and I was considering a pistol. My choices now are the Lex and the Sicarus. I was leaning towards the Sicarus because it's cheaper and seems more versatile. Any advice would be appreciated.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 24, 2013

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Your warframe level and the enemy level have no correlation between each other. The enemy level is more of a general indicator of how much damage they do and can take. There's no reason to not try and keep going on the star map, as higher level enemies might drop some good mod that'll make you better.

e: regular sicarus has stupendously high recoil, making it unusable outside of close range. Avoid.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Thanks! Lex is is then!

EDIT: So wait a second, the recommended level for an area is my warframe level which isn't even shown on that screen, and not my player level which is prominently deployed in the upper right hand corner?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

It doesn't even directly correlate with your Warframe level, it's just a general indicator of how tough things are. Raw levels on your Warframe and weapons don't mean much either, your power comes from what mods you have installed.

Basically, press onward, ever onward, until you hit a wall. Then farm mods and poo poo, hopefully in runs with goons if the PS4 clan is as active as the PC.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

It's not a recommended level at all, it's just the level of the enemies there. You just kind of have to get a feeling for what those levels mean with respect to your capabilities via trial and error.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Denzine posted:

...and are playing alone.

I'd test the separate cooldowns thing but gently caress kril I'll just trust you.

I'll save you the testing and tell you he's right. I got pretty good at baiting his self-freeze when soloing him for the normal Frost's parts a month ago or so.

You're right that it would probably be awful to coordinate with a group though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Echophonic posted:

Does anyone know offhand if the bundles of weapons come with slots/catalysts? They Grineer Assault bundle for 149 plat is pretty tempting.

I answered my own question buy just going for it, they do come with both, which is nice. The Kraken is pretty fun. So 3 decent weapons, 3 slots, and 3 reactors for 149 credits.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

7c Nickel posted:

I kind of end up pimping it a bit too much, but the Kestrel's ground slam attack has a pretty decent range AE knockdown in addition to the thrown charge attack ragdoll shenanigans.

You people with your boomerang ground-slams and your giant obscenely damaging greatswords. In my day we had a stupid metal stick called a Bo and we baseballed groups of enemies across the map with it just fine.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Echophonic posted:

I answered my own question buy just going for it, they do come with both, which is nice. The Kraken is pretty fun. So 3 decent weapons, 3 slots, and 3 reactors for 149 credits.
Yeah, that's why stuff like Excal/Volt/Loki and the sentinels are actually pretty okay deals to just buy outright with plat: pre-slotted, pre-potatoed, and you skip the build time/resource cost.

I'm still not a huge fan of that particular pack, even discounted, but it's not a completely awful deal I guess.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Cowcaster posted:

You people with your boomerang ground-slams and your giant obscenely damaging greatswords. In my day we had a stupid metal stick called a Bo and we baseballed groups of enemies across the map with it just fine.

As a boomerang ground-slammer and a obscenely damaging greatsword-haver, I still yearn for the days of my U8 Bo. RIP space ninja baseball.

e: vvvvvvvv the Bo had automatic stagger effects and was craftable for 15K, but power creep made it comparatively bad (in addition to already being low powered) and Kestrel and like weapons gave you better stun options. No idea why DE arbitrarily took away the baseball bat properties, though.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 25, 2013

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Why would DE change that? Sounds like a fun thing to do, especially since non-fun things like playing as Nova and Nekros still exist?

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
I finally unlocked the Soma and I'm using it with a Rhino.

Holy. poo poo.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

You don't have to tell me. This was in the first batch of gifs I made of this game.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

fookolt posted:

I finally unlocked the Soma and I'm using it with a Rhino.

Holy. poo poo.

I just got mine to rank 30 with a catalyst and it is doing 400-500 damage per crit shot and like 2000 per headshot. I'm using serration, multishot, crit chance, crit damage and the mods that give you corrosive and blast.

Edit: It's supposed crit chance is 75%, but it seems to crit every shot.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

7c Nickel posted:

You don't have to tell me. This was in the first batch of gifs I made of this game.

Great, now you've reminded me how lousy the Volt's overload animation looks now compared to what it looked like in closed beta.