Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The only thing they could make this show better for me is if I knew who anyone in the Green Arrow universe was. Then I could geek out at times, beyond my already just enjoying the show...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Allison Mack was the worst part of the show after Kristen Kreuk.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Crunk Abortion posted:

Allison Mack's arm fat was loving sexy just like everything else about her. She was the only reason to watch anything past season 3 on that god-forsaken show.

That's a funny way of spelling Erica Durance.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Just marathon'd the first season and a half and holy poo poo this show :stare:

I want more of everything awesome. More Slade, more Felicity loving Smoak, more Diggle, more Sara, more Barrowman, more Officer Harry Dresden, more Moire descending into awesome villainy. Everything owns.

Laurel is the only weak end and that's because they aren't giving her anything to do. Now that she's not Single Female Lawyer fighting injustice, she just is sort of there. A way to fix that is as Slade wants to corrupt people Ollie loves, who better than the girl in the picture Ollie stared at all the time. Laurel could be that person to ruin Oliver's world. A Ravager if you will :unsmigghh:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Laurel is the only weak end and that's because they aren't giving her anything to do. Now that she's not Single Female Lawyer fighting injustice, she just is sort of there. A way to fix that is as Slade wants to corrupt people Ollie loves, who better than the girl in the picture Ollie stared at all the time. Laurel could be that person to ruin Oliver's world. A Ravager if you will :unsmigghh:

Hire this man.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Bad Moon posted:

I want more of everything awesome. More Slade, more Felicity loving Smoak, more Diggle, more Sara, more Barrowman, more Officer Harry Dresden, more Moire descending into awesome villainy. Everything owns.

Ring-a-ding-ding, we have a winner

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bad Moon posted:

As lean as this show is, I think you just trimmed the last bit of fat off of it.

Goddamn I hope they do this.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Bad Moon posted:

Something happened to Sara on the island that Ollie thought her family would never forgive him for. Slade probably witnessed that, but he might not know about her not being dead.

9 pages ago Avulsion posted:

Couple of things that occured to me:
1) What are the odds that the exploding particle accelerator only created one superhuman in Central City?
2) Slade's plan to corrupt the people Oliver loves could easily lead to the creation of the "Black" Canary. Slade tells Laurel what really happened to her sister on the island, then shoots her full of mad science drugs and sets her loose on Oliver.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If we're talking about things that we'd love to happen, I want for the Count to come back. Yes, even from being arrow'd out a window onto a car. gently caress it, say the Vertigo overdose gave him Darkman-style pain/trauma immunity, then Brother Blood doses him with serum to regenerate him the rest of the way only OH NO instead of super-strength the Mirakuru reacts to the Vertigo in his system and gives him some OTHER sort of crazy power. Turn his whole body into a drug refinery, he sweats pure Vertigo from his pores, whatever.

Then make it so he needs regular infusions of Vertigo-laced blood to keep his strength up :drac:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kai Tave posted:

If we're talking about things that we'd love to happen, I want for the Count to come back. Yes, even from being arrow'd out a window onto a car. gently caress it, say the Vertigo overdose gave him Darkman-style pain/trauma immunity, then Brother Blood doses him with serum to regenerate him the rest of the way only OH NO instead of super-strength the Mirakuru reacts to the Vertigo in his system and gives him some OTHER sort of crazy power. Turn his whole body into a drug refinery, he sweats pure Vertigo from his pores, whatever.

Then make it so he needs regular infusions of Vertigo-laced blood to keep his strength up :drac:

I am sure Vertigo will be back since he is one of the few actual rogues that Ollie has.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I wouldn't want them to overuse him, but a couple episodes a season of glorious scenery-chewing? Absolutely.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

I am sure Vertigo will be back since he is one of the few actual rogues that Ollie has.

I'm totally okay with them appropriating other villains for Ollie. Imagine what they could accomplish with Rainbow Raider!

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009
Am I the only one who disliked the Count? He felt like a cheap Joker knockoff.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Chef Bromden posted:

He was anything but cheap! He was a Joker knock-off with style!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The Count had two weak episodes where either A). he didn't really do or say anything interesting or entertaining or B). he was essentially a catatonic lunatic.

It's really only the last episode he appeared in where he really got to go all out and ham it up with some great lines and it was wonderful. The show needs someone like the Count who knows how to have fun with his villainy. We've got plenty of good, serious antagonists, sometimes you just want someone to approve your high.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Chef Bromden posted:

Naw you're not. I liked his plots and I like how he affected things, but the character itself was just Scarecrow meeting Joker and being kinda embarrassing about it.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm totally okay with them appropriating other villains for Ollie. Imagine what they could accomplish with Rainbow Raider!

Well Clock King's already in, might as well get Calendar Man too.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

BrianWilly posted:

Naw you're not. I liked his plots and I like how he affected things, but the character itself was just Scarecrow meeting Joker and being kinda embarrassing about it.

Would the joker have put a real bullet in the gun? I don't think so and that surprised me and is what initially made me like the character.

Caveat: I don't read DC comics at all. :/

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheChad posted:

Would the joker have put a real bullet in the gun? I don't think so and that surprised me and is what initially made me like the character.

The Joker is a homicidal maniac... kills people for fun.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

The Joker is a homicidal maniac... kills people for fun.

Yeah but he was daring the guy to kill him or kill himself. I kinda feel like the Joker would have made it a fake gun because that's 'funnier'(he wouldn't be able to achieve either goal). I was expecting that and was surprised when it turned out to be an actual choice.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

TheChad posted:

Yeah but he was daring the guy to kill him or kill himself. I kinda feel like the Joker would have made it a fake gun because that's 'funnier'(he wouldn't be able to achieve either goal). I was expecting that and was surprised when it turned out to be an actual choice.

Yeah because Joker never shoots anyone because it's funnier to just give his victims the willies. (?????????????)

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

No way. Nightwing is still mad at him. Ollie was supposed to borrow one of his rogues for 5 minutes, and Ollie just straight up killed the guy.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Which one did Ollie murder?

Also isn't Slade night wing's archenemy?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Crunk Abortion posted:

Ring-a-ding-ding, we have a winner

It sounds awesome but be warned, if they go that route we will end up with an unmasking scene with some form of the phrase "Laurel, remember who you are!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Prometheus. It was after he bombed Star City and killed Roy's daughter. The storyline ended with Roy having one arm and fighting off burglars with a dead cat while high. It is really really stupid.

With Slade it is hard to say who is his archenemy since he was a anti-hero for a long time. Then Identity Crisis came and Slade became king badass of DC Universe.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

bunnyofdoom posted:

The knife-throwing mook that Ollie kills (who was hired to kill Merlyn, and was replaced by Deadshot) was the recurring Nightwing villain Brutale.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

bobkatt013 posted:

Prometheus. It was after he bombed Star City and killed Roy's daughter. The storyline ended with Roy having one arm and fighting off burglars with a dead cat while high. It is really really stupid.

With Slade it is hard to say who is his archenemy since he was a anti-hero for a long time. Then Identity Crisis came and Slade became king badass of DC Universe.

Prometheus is more of a Justice League rogue than Nightwing. Actually I can't think of any stories that are Prometheus vs Nightwing.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Drifter posted:

Yeah because Joker never shoots anyone because it's funnier to just give his victims the willies. (?????????????)

No, die in excruciating pain while unable to either end it or lash out against him...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TheChad posted:

Yes he has killed people with bullets. He shot Commissioner Gorden's wife in the head. He had kidnapped a bunch of babies and he tossed one, so she would drop her gun to catch it.

When are we getting the next episode?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes he has killed people with bullets. He shot Commissioner Gorden's wife in the head. He had kidnapped a bunch of babies and he tossed one, so she would drop her gun to catch it.

January 15th.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

What? I guess I must have not phrased what I was saying correctly because that has literally nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Eh, who cares.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

bobkatt013 posted:

I hope they go for a redemption arc with Slade in this show, and keep him as an anti-hero. I like him too much to have him as a clear cut villain. Besides, then they could eventually spin him off onto his own show ala Angel.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

The Lord Bude posted:

I hope they go for a redemption arc with Slade in this show, and keep him as an anti-hero. I like him too much to have him as a clear cut villain. Besides, then they could eventually spin him off onto his own show ala Angel.

He runs an organization that kidnaps people, shoots them full of experimental drugs that will probably kill them and then brainwashes the survivors into murderous fanatics.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
How did Slade Wilson manage to get all that resource/wealth anyway? He looked like he was pretty well off.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Avulsion posted:

He runs an organization that kidnaps people, shoots them full of experimental drugs that will probably kill them and then brainwashes the survivors into murderous fanatics.

Thus the need for the 'redemption' component of a redemption arc.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Avulsion posted:

Sara straight up was in the League of Assassins and I'm pretty sure Oliver thinks she's ok.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

xerxus posted:

How did Slade Wilson manage to get all that resource/wealth anyway? He looked like he was pretty well off.

He was really, really good as a mercenary.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bad Moon posted:

Sara straight up was in the League of Assassins and I'm pretty sure Oliver thinks she's ok.

Only because he's stuck his 'arrow' inside her 'quiver' if you know what I mean.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

xerxus posted:

He gets paid a gently caress load for murking dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

The writers are aware when a character is popular, and they know people like Slade. I suspect they will keep Slade around for a while.

• Locked thread