Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I'm looking at some of the Rogue crafted stuff that's listed on page 50. I got the Hardened Bow (Rugged? The tanking one) already. Can anyone in the guild make that stuff, and if so, what do you need/want from me for it?

DPS stuff is priority as I learn my way around the experts before I try to tank them.

I will say this - Rift is drat pretty. I loved the Temple of Thronic and surrounding zone, and the experts are unique. But man, some of those boss mechanics...WoW spoiled me, because I'm used to killing a heroic boss in 30-40 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Are we planning on raiding tonight? Wasn't sure since I wasn't on Wednesday.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Eltoasto posted:

Are we planning on raiding tonight? Wasn't sure since I wasn't on Wednesday.

I'd be surprised if we raided, but I'll be online just in case.

deepsquid
Feb 3, 2012
what up goons. Can I get an invite to guild? Deepwood, NA, Mage, name = Energis

Ty!

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I can't play anymore guys. I've seen it all now.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
This isn't in the same league as purplger but eh

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I'm proud to say I've wasted my life for weeks I am level 60 now and I'm rocking the 61 Warlock build pretty solidly for DPS. I wanted to look into taking on a second or third role for support during actual guild-y poo poo. I have still yet to buy SL souls, although I may feel much more generous this Christmas season, if it is an absolute necessity to get on everyone else's level.

Otherwise.... I'm looking into maybe a Archon/Chloro build. I don't know when this was made, but if anyone can tell me whether its viable, that'd be great. Recommendations welcome.

Edit: the Archon/Domi/Pyro from the op might be a better option

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 25, 2013

Praqzis
Dec 20, 2013

It's got a 28.8 bps modem!
I am curious... how active is the guild in this game during PST 9PM-Midnight or so? Many folks on? I'm currently without an MMO home and looking for fun F2P MMOs to roll with guildies.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm enjoying this game, for all that it's a WoW clone. I'm lvl 35 now and seem to wind up playing a chloromancer in IAs most of the time - it's fun for a healing spec and I don't feel gimped damage wise.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

angerbeet posted:

I'm enjoying this game, for all that it's a WoW clone. I'm lvl 35 now and seem to wind up playing a chloromancer in IAs most of the time - it's fun for a healing spec and I don't feel gimped damage wise.

It gets even better at 60. The spec is downright broken.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I'm proud to say I've wasted my life for weeks I am level 60 now and I'm rocking the 61 Warlock build pretty solidly for DPS. I wanted to look into taking on a second or third role for support during actual guild-y poo poo. I have still yet to buy SL souls, although I may feel much more generous this Christmas season, if it is an absolute necessity to get on everyone else's level.

Otherwise.... I'm looking into maybe a Archon/Chloro build. I don't know when this was made, but if anyone can tell me whether its viable, that'd be great. Recommendations welcome.

Edit: the Archon/Domi/Pyro from the op might be a better option

It's not a necessity for a mage. Harb is a nice melee dps soul, but there are ranged options like warlock, pyro, or necro. For support, go full archon and don't try to hybridize it too much. I think Abu has a pyro/archon hybrid and full archon, but full archon is used most of the time. And make a 61 chloro to have just in case it's needed for a fight.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

It's not a necessity for a mage. Harb is a nice melee dps soul, but there are ranged options like warlock, pyro, or necro. For support, go full archon and don't try to hybridize it too much. I think Abu has a pyro/archon hybrid and full archon, but full archon is used most of the time. And make a 61 chloro to have just in case it's needed for a fight.

Warlock is broken at moment, specifically Defile not working quite right, mostly fixed on test, patching "soon". Then it'll be usable again.
Pyro or Necro for DPS souls, chloro (with Dom for silence/reflect or Necro for max sp), full archon and and pyrochon (pyro/archon) for support. Full Dom for the odd AoE action or PVPing.

Decairn fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 25, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

This isn't in the same league as purplger but eh

I do this so much that I took Soul Recall off my bars. One time in GA I managed to spellbook my soul recall instead of CotA-ing.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Zoness posted:

I do this so much that I took Soul Recall off my bars. One time in GA I managed to spellbook my soul recall instead of CotA-ing.

Soul recall, cota etc on right hand side vertical bar stays out of trouble.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

For support, go full archon and don't try to hybridize it too much.

There are generally two acceptable hybrid specs these days: Harbichon and Pyrochon. Harbichon is for super specific scenarios (speed running 10 mans, for example) and Pyrochon is best in either 10 mans or 20 mans with a Beastmaster. Without the beastmaster you want to go 51 archon at least.

Eltoasto posted:

I think Abu has a pyro/archon hybrid and full archon, but full archon is used most of the time.

We've had a beastmaster pretty consistently lately which means pyrochon works out well. If you're interested in playing archon at all I highly recommend having both 51/x and 40/36 (pyrochon) and knowing the differences (fairly minor) between the two. 61 archon is only useful in a few very minor situations, so only grab that if you have a free soul slot.

Praqzis
Dec 20, 2013

It's got a 28.8 bps modem!
Well, I created a char in-game (name of Praqzis, surprise surprise :P). I'll drop an invite request in-game per 1st post. Hopefully I'll have some time to spend over the next 2-3 days before leaving town for a week.

Looks pretty darn fun though. My char is a Mage (I figured Pyro looks interesting and eventually I'll look at Chloro as I'm typically a healer/support kind of player).

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Decairn posted:

Soul recall, cota etc on right hand side vertical bar stays out of trouble.

That doesn't do anything to solve the problem!

Also in case you haven't seen my UI:

I don't think I have an unused sidebar issue :colbert:

vvv No the issue isn't that I can't find my recalls, it's that I subconciously go out of my way to go click them even after hiding them from myself.

It's bizarre.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Dec 26, 2013

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Zoness posted:

I found a mod that puts all recalls in one place, I moved mine to the very top right so I don't even need it on my tool bar. Its called uh... Teleporter. I found it pretty handy when I started getting all the "Teleport to..." and "Summon" icons. Might help some people who have issues.

http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/teleporter

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

vvv No the issue isn't that I can't find my recalls, it's that I subconciously go out of my way to go click them even after hiding them from myself.

It's bizarre.

god drat i think you might have esthi beat on number of visible bars

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Praqzis posted:

I am curious... how active is the guild in this game during PST 9PM-Midnight or so? Many folks on? I'm currently without an MMO home and looking for fun F2P MMOs to roll with guildies.

As per my post on pg 138, we're most active from 6pm-9pm PST as that is our raiding time (to accomodate est and pst players), though I do know that there are quite a few west coasters who stick around afterwards. There's mostly always someone online so you shouldn't be without people to play with.

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE

Praqzis posted:

Well, I created a char in-game (name of Praqzis, surprise surprise :P). I'll drop an invite request in-game per 1st post. Hopefully I'll have some time to spend over the next 2-3 days before leaving town for a week.

Looks pretty darn fun though. My char is a Mage (I figured Pyro looks interesting and eventually I'll look at Chloro as I'm typically a healer/support kind of player).

That's usually around when I play too, so far I haven't grouped with any goons, but that's more due to the active players being weighted towards level 60. I'm level 23 right now as Malizel, some duo action would be cool if we're on at the same time.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Invite for Kaerthul, lvl 20 PvP alt?

mrurth
Apr 21, 2005

Please send an invite for Henith, currently a level 17 rogue. A buddy of mine wanted to play blue team, so I thought it would be easiest to also be blue. My other character is Meleseme. Also a rogue.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
About to join up with Rift, but I was looking at the Patron subscription and I've seen no mention of extra character slots, bags, or removal of the currency limitation/auction house restriction. How does all this stuff work? Would I still have to buy all these unlocks from the in-game store?

PsychicToaster fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 28, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Jersey Mike posted:

About to join up with Rift, but I was looking at the Patron subscription and I've seen no mention of extra character slots, bags, or removal of the currency limitation/auction house restriction. How does all this stuff work? Would I still have to buy all these unlocks from the in-game store?

Currency limitation and auction house restrictions are taken away when you reach the first milestone of loyalty, pretty sure buying a patron pass will be enough loyalty to get there. People who own the original box get a couple bag slots and character slots, that's basically the only thing that having the original box gets you. And the storm legion expansion gives you the souls if you bought it then. Otherwise, nothing in the game is gated for F2P. Those other unlocks would need to be purchased in the store. You could either just buy them, or save up plat, buy rex, and use those credits.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Currency limitation and auction house restrictions are taken away when you reach the first milestone of loyalty, pretty sure buying a patron pass will be enough loyalty to get there. People who own the original box get a couple bag slots and character slots, that's basically the only thing that having the original box gets you. And the storm legion expansion gives you the souls if you bought it then. Otherwise, nothing in the game is gated for F2P. Those other unlocks would need to be purchased in the store. You could either just buy them, or save up plat, buy rex, and use those credits.

Alright, thanks for the help. Good to know.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
fwiw, the store is running a special deal right now for 6 character slots per server + 2 extra bag slots on every character. It still costs an arm and a leg though.

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
Could I get an invite to my warrior alt, Saov? Thanks in advance.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

shut up gelly posted:

god drat i think you might have esthi beat on number of visible bars

It's just 8 7 extra bars. I have 8, I just turned all my bars horizontal because it makes more sense to me.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 29, 2013

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Can you invite Zethrendel to the guild? Tis my mage.

Great Enoch
Mar 23, 2011
Posting for an invite for Terriarus. Haven't played since launch, hoping to get back into it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Played up to level 40'ish at launch on whatever server GS was on back then. Downloaded the client and played it for a bit this afternoon. Didn't really grab me at all, but maybe I'll give it a bit more time over the next few days since I'm off work til the 2nd.

How many goons are usually on? I said hello in goonsquad channel but didn't get a response, but I didn't really try either.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Tip of the day: When doing a Hailol foothold with the dog on a cleric, a.k.a. the one that gives a shitload of rep, switch to a Shaman spec and turn Furious Assault on so you can spam Pet Pup 50% more.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 30, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

The Locator posted:

How many goons are usually on? I said hello in goonsquad channel but didn't get a response, but I didn't really try either.

Our prime time is ~6-9 server (which happens to be our raid time). We can have anywhere from 10 to 30 people online during that time. Other times of day there are usually people on, but holidays usually see a slump (and we're in the middle of one now).

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I just started playing this yesterday after hearing about it for some time but never having played it. It's pretty cool. I really like the set up with the souls of the dead being used to bring warriors back to life to do battle with eldritch beings from beyond the stars. The conflict between the Guardians and the Defiant on top of that is pretty neat too. I decided to roll with your standard "stab people in the back" rogue and I'm having a blast. I'm having one problem though. I have the Assassinate and Incapacitate abilities which are supposed to be able to be used from stealth mode (if I'm understanding everything correctly) but when I go to stealth mode all my abilities are gone from quickslot toolbar and all I can do is just walk around invisible. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, I looked around a little bit but didn't find much. but are there any mods that clean up the UI? The default one is really cluttered I think and its hard to read my quest log on the right side of the screen. Something that adds more quickslot toolbars would be cool too because just getting to level 7 already filled it up. I know theres multiple "pages" to the toolbar but having to click that tiny button and flip between them is really annoying.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Upmarket Mango posted:

I just started playing this yesterday after hearing about it for some time but never having played it. It's pretty cool. I really like the set up with the souls of the dead being used to bring warriors back to life to do battle with eldritch beings from beyond the stars. The conflict between the Guardians and the Defiant on top of that is pretty neat too. I decided to roll with your standard "stab people in the back" rogue and I'm having a blast. I'm having one problem though. I have the Assassinate and Incapacitate abilities which are supposed to be able to be used from stealth mode (if I'm understanding everything correctly) but when I go to stealth mode all my abilities are gone from quickslot toolbar and all I can do is just walk around invisible. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, I looked around a little bit but didn't find much. but are there any mods that clean up the UI? The default one is really cluttered I think and its hard to read my quest log on the right side of the screen. Something that adds more quickslot toolbars would be cool too because just getting to level 7 already filled it up. I know theres multiple "pages" to the toolbar but having to click that tiny button and flip between them is really annoying.

Drag the abilities you want during stealth onto your stealth toolbar

Hit the ESC menu and edit the ui, options for everything you could ever want

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

The Locator posted:

Sorry about that! If you post your character name here, someone will send you a guild invite. You don't have to be online to get it, they go to your in-game mailbox if you're not around. This is probably the best way to find out what the population is like when you normally play. I play between 6 and midnight PST and the guild is generally pretty active, for what it's worth.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
:frogsiren: If anyone is interested in the Fae Yule mount/pet achievements and has the 80 or 160%xp vials(you can redeem them in your loyalty section or are in your mailbox on new characters titled "a gift for you") then someone has created a nifty guide on the official forums:

quote:

Guide: How to farm your fae yule stuff in less than 10 minutes
Hi all,

here is a small guide how you can farm dark ice bells and fae yule grab bags in under 10 minutes, without spending any credits or plat.

All you need is:
a free character slot
one 80% or 160% booster on your new toon (e. g. patron compensation or orange loyalty mini bonus), maybe it will also work with 40% but I am not sure about that
the tempest insignia from the blue loyalty tier or a friend that can summon you

Read it over here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/406400-guide-how-farm-your-fae-yule-stuff-less-than-10-minutes.html

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Farg posted:

Drag the abilities you want during stealth onto your stealth toolbar

Hit the ESC menu and edit the ui, options for everything you could ever want

Cool, got everything set up as well as I can manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Played a bit more today, switched from the warrior I started yesterday to a Chloromancer. I've just been letting the game decide how to spend my points (I assume I can change it all around later once I hit the big city).

Hit level 15 doing random quests and events that popped up around me, and it's more fun to me than the warrior was. Still not sure how much I'll play the game long term though, but then again, free, so who knows.

Is there a member cap on the guild, should I ask for an invite if I'm not even sure I'll keep playing past the next couple of days of vacation?

Mage character name is Deavenificus.

• Locked thread