Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Chiba City Blues posted:

They're a national chain, see if there's one near you!

This is in Chicago? Sweet I live in Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

detectivemonkey posted:

Rocket: something about food shopping is super calming to me. I am happiest at a grocery store, no matter how busy. How can you be stressed when you're surrounded by ALL THE FOOD?

I have emetophobia. Supermarkets carry a high risk of someone being ill and then making me ill :( I usually go when it's really quiet but don't have that option at the moment.

Cloths shopping is different though. I love cloths shopping and act like an excited child trying stuff on.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
I finally went through a box I meant to sort through over a year ago and found 2 new pairs of shoes still in the box in the sort box. It's like Christmas! But seriously how the hell did I forget I ordered 2 pairs of shoes??

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUKUocVgW98

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I gave a friend a pair of new Fluevogs this Christmas. Merry Christmas, people I happen to like :toot:.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
somehow it works out that i only end up going food shopping when i'm hungry, tired, or drunk so i always end up with stuff i never intended to buy

last week i got braunschweiger. it's really good and i'm kinda glad i got it but i went in for eggs and oj. can't help looking at the fancy cheeses and stuff in the deli everytime tho lol

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Horses own.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

rocketpig posted:

I have emetophobia. Supermarkets carry a high risk of someone being ill and then making me ill :( I usually go when it's really quiet but don't have that option at the moment.

Cloths shopping is different though. I love cloths shopping and act like an excited child trying stuff on.

Really? A doctor's office or hospital I could understand but I've honestly never seen anyone vomit in a grocery or would considered it a "high risk" for that (any more than any other kind of store). :confused:

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Planet Piss posted:

somehow it works out that i only end up going food shopping when i'm hungry, tired, or drunk so i always end up with stuff i never intended to buy

last week i got braunschweiger. it's really good and i'm kinda glad i got it but i went in for eggs and oj. can't help looking at the fancy cheeses and stuff in the deli everytime tho lol

This is me when I go to Whole Foods. But I went today and only got three different types of cider and string cheese (tho right now I'm regretting I didn't get the cinnamon popcorn they had samples of). A Trader Joes just opened up in town and I'm terrified to go in 'cause I hear they have all sorts of amazing stuff I'll squander $$ on.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Al Borland posted:

Horses own.

wrong

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
^^ this idiot likes crap dogs and not HORSES

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
i went to saving mr banks with mascara on and cried my eyes out and it didn't smudge because it was amazing magical mascara that i got as a sample from sephora

they're not showing frozen anymore :(

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

I think you are misinformed about horses. They like dogs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLlzsQIe7I

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Pick posted:

Aren't horses pretty much just big vegetarian dogs anyway? I don't really see how you can like one and not the other.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

toe knee hand posted:

i went to saving mr banks with mascara on and cried my eyes out and it didn't smudge because it was amazing magical mascara that i got as a sample from sephora

they're not showing frozen anymore :(

god drat it!!

you had one job!!!!!

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
go see saving mr banks though

it's good

don't wear mascara

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

horses are lame

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Planet Piss posted:

braunschweiger is delicious in a really gross way

put that poo poo in a sandwich with some sharp cheddar and it's great

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

VanSandman posted:

horses are lame

horses are terrifying

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Portals posted:

horses are terrifying

That's part of why you feel so powerful when you're riding one. The horse could really kill you at any time, but instead it defers to you. Big trip.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Pick posted:

That's part of why you feel so powerful when you're riding one. The horse could really kill you at any time, but instead it defers to you. Big trip.

this is why I feel uncomfortable around some dogs too I guess, I get worried about things that have the capacity to murder me if they get startled

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

whereas i have a bunch of dogs that will do as i say
horses will jump on your corpse and eat you

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

OH NO A BIRD, I'D BETTER FLING THIS HUMAN OFF MY BACK INTO A RAVINE

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Portals posted:

this is why I feel uncomfortable around some dogs too I guess, I get worried about things that have the capacity to murder me if they get startled

Well, again... with a horse, you have an animal up to a ton, but you can communicate with it and it wants to please you. It makes you feel like your input is important. That's why I like horses, always feels like teamwork to do something special. :3:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 11, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

rocketpig posted:

I feel you. There used to be a Blockbuster that had the magic power to make me feel sick every time I walked in.

I have misophonia but the only public places I really avoid now are Mexican restaurants. So many chips all crunching.

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

Really? A doctor's office or hospital I could understand but I've honestly never seen anyone vomit in a grocery or would considered it a "high risk" for that (any more than any other kind of store). :confused:

I know. My rational brain tells me there is nothing to worry about but as soon as someone coughs or sneezes it's "OMG they might have a virus and I might get it!"

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

rocketpig posted:

I know. My rational brain tells me there is nothing to worry about but as soon as someone coughs or sneezes it's "OMG they might have a virus and I might get it!"

So wait are you afraid of just getting sick in general? Because emetophobia is specifically a phobia of vomiting. Or is it more like "I might catch something that will make me vomit?"

Sorry, just curious.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I used to have emetophobia, as well as IBS and frequent panic attacks. At its worst it was taking me like three goes to make it in and out of the supermarket with my brown rice and frozen veg ("safe" food). I cured it by learning to drink at age 26.

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Yep, if someone is ill I instantly assume it is a stomach bug that includes the dreaded V. If there is talk of one of those 48 hour V bugs going round I won't leave the flat.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I use to work in a grocery store and we had to clean up vomit at least once a day. So I understand. But as a long time ocean fisherman and bartender I got the fine art of puking down to a science. The smell still bothers me but the routine is easy.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

It's Christmas morning in the UK so I have opened my prezzies. I got a cat book and am now very happy :D

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

Portals posted:

braunschweiger is delicious in a really gross way

put that poo poo in a sandwich with some sharp cheddar and it's great

hahah that's exactly what i did and oh my god it was amazing

on a different note i freakin hate horses so much oh my god

my grandma had horses on her farm and i'd have to do Horse Chores when i'd visit and they're so loving gross and dumb >:I

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Oh god I think I've started a Christmas Eve argument on the town swap'n'shop page on facebarp. Some stupid lady put up a post wanting to get her chihuahua boned by any old random male chihuahua for backyard puppies and I all posted like four links about backyard breeders and why that is a poo poo idea. I'm like the fyad of Facebook on that page and no good advice ever goes un-shrieked-about.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

hello ladies. I'm a little drunk :wink:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Shithouse Dave posted:

Oh god I think I've started a Christmas Eve argument on the town swap'n'shop page on facebarp. Some stupid lady put up a post wanting to get her chihuahua boned by any old random male chihuahua for backyard puppies and I all posted like four links about backyard breeders and why that is a poo poo idea. I'm like the fyad of Facebook on that page and no good advice ever goes un-shrieked-about.

ugh why the hell isn't her chihuahua spayed

spay and neuter your dogs and cats, people (not your guinea pigs though, it's not worth it)

Portals fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Gonna catch santa

• Locked thread