Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

What happened to some of the links in the first post? For example, Episode #147 links to a dead page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013

sansuki posted:

What happened to some of the links in the first post? For example, Episode #147 links to a dead page.

Their torrents were hosted on alluvion.org, which is no longer active. You can find compilation torrents on nyaa.se here: http://www.nyaa.se/?user=241573

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
There's always been something nagging me at the back of my mind whenever Arino says, "busy, busy, busy." I have some basic conversational competence but I'm not too familiar with Japanese idioms, it is literally just "busy busy busy" or is it more like "Jeez there's way too much happening on the screen right now"/"This part is guddamn rough?"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

There's always been something nagging me at the back of my mind whenever Arino says, "busy, busy, busy." I have some basic conversational competence but I'm not too familiar with Japanese idioms, it is literally just "busy busy busy" or is it more like "Jeez there's way too much happening on the screen right now"/"This part is guddamn rough?"

Japanese is a context-sensitive language where a sentence only needs a verb or adjective to be grammatically correct. Saying "isogashii" can mean "I'm busy" or, in the GCCX universe, "there is a lot going on on-screen; the game itself is very busy." It's not really an idiom or anything like that.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

My DVD Box 10 came with an Urakawa card. I don't think I've seen anyone else with one, around here at least.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
From Facebook RGM USA:

quote:

our LIKES reached 3,000! Thank you very much for your support on KACHO!!

as he promised, KACHO will address a new message very soon. Stay tuned!

Yuko, int'l staff

Christmas keeps getting better :dance:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
All I want is a second DVD box set for the USA. There must be more GCCX merchandise for us Yanks to purchase.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Cemetry Gator posted:

All I want is a second DVD box set for the USA. There must be more GCCX merchandise for us Yanks to purchase.

I'd settle for a place for anyone outside of Japan to order normal GCCX merch, like the shirts and folders and stuff.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Started finally watching episodes again after having to abandon plans for a while due to limited hard-drive space, and almost got all the episodes and plan on ordering the DVD soon, but I have two minor questions not listed in the OP. What the deal with the newest translation group, Last Continue. Also how come some of the later levels have a segment about a old system but always starts with "The Ace of Hardware will not be showing up"?

TheWanderingNewbie
Oct 12, 2007

Gotta Get Dem Cheevos

Rirse posted:

Started finally watching episodes again after having to abandon plans for a while due to limited hard-drive space, and almost got all the episodes and plan on ordering the DVD soon, but I have two minor questions not listed in the OP. What the deal with the newest translation group, Last Continue. Also how come some of the later levels have a segment about a old system but always starts with "The Ace of Hardware will not be showing up"?

Last Continue is just another Translation group, they've done a handful of the NC episodes as well as some of the newer ones the SA team hasn't gotten to yet. They're pretty good as far as I can tell.

As for "The Aces of Hardware will not be showing up" it's just one of the side segments that they do, they typically change season to season, the joke for that one is it's all Hardware and systems that didn't catch on, so no Aces.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
"Ace of Hardware" is an extremely labored pun on "Ace of Hearts" which was a Japanese pop song from approx. 4 million years ago (these are a recurring theme on GCCX).

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Anime Reference posted:

"Ace of Hardware" is an extremely labored pun on "Ace of Hearts" which was a Japanese pop song from approx. 4 million years ago (these are a recurring theme on GCCX).

In Japanese the pun makes more sense because they words are much closer. Essentially "hart" and "hard".

The episode I'm currently working on has the potential to have the most subtitle lines of any episode so far. If the pace keeps up the final file will have over 7000 lines. A typical episode has just over 1000 and the "bad" episodes have around 4000.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bdr9 posted:

Their torrents were hosted on alluvion.org, which is no longer active. You can find compilation torrents on nyaa.se here: http://www.nyaa.se/?user=241573

This has most of the episodes I noticed, but there is a few missing like the Clock Tower segments and Super Mario Bros Lost Levels part 2.

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013

Rirse posted:

This has most of the episodes I noticed, but there is a few missing like the Clock Tower segments and Super Mario Bros Lost Levels part 2.

The Clock Tower segments are in the Season 7 torrent on that page: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=492876

Not sure about the lost levels.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Rirse posted:

The SMB Lost Levels is in Specials:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=493689&showfiles=1
Game Center [CX] SP - Pokemon.avi

I think the Season 1 torrent misses the M01 and M03 from SA though, I can upload them to somewhere if there's a need?

GuidoAnchovies
Oct 27, 2005

Im'a get ya!

zari-gani posted:

GCCX x NoCon Kid Cafe

At Shibuya Parco, Part 1, Floor 7 (15-1 Udagawa-cho, Shibuya, Tokyo)
Open from January 31 to February 17, 11 AM-10:30 PM (Closed Feb 10)
1000 yen per ticket (comes with all-you-can-play arcade games + one soft drink or beer and candy)

A tag team between the hit drama series "Nocon Kid ~ Bokura no Gameshi" and "Game Center CX"! A dream collaboration cafe for all retro game lovers. Play nostalgic games and see items from "Game Center CX"! Enjoy a menu prepared by "Game Center CX" fan-favourite Abe, and original collaboration dishes. There's also special merchandise limited to the cafe!

Tickets available here.

Wow, thanks for the info!

I've been in Japan for about a year now and I'm going to Tokyo for the first time next week. Seems like a perfect place to stop into as a GCCX fan.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

makere posted:

I think the Season 1 torrent misses the M01 and M03 from SA though, I can upload them to somewhere if there's a need?

There's no one seeding this torrent. Is that cuz this is all special episodes?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ChaosArgate posted:

There's no one seeding this torrent. Is that cuz this is all special episodes?

Ill help ya out. I should be seeding in a minute.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Gutcruncher posted:

Ill help ya out. I should be seeding in a minute.

Thanks buddy! I only wanted to see a few of those, so your help was much appreciated!

AladdinSane
Sep 4, 2011
Has anyone noticed that thetvdb listing for GameCenter CX's special is messed up? (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=84501&seasonid=39162&lid=7). I use this site to feed my HTPC and it is missing/incorrectly matching a lot of the specials I had working previously. Does anyone here have the experience to correct this with the episode guides available? I've privately taken a pass at it, but there a some episodes I just can't match up to the guides.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I noticed on the season torrents that Mighty Bomber Jack Live and Ninja Gaiden 2 Part 1 and Part 2 seem to be the full episodes instead of just the segments. Also I can't find a place to download the Binary Land dvd challenge while the Bomberman DVD Challenge still has a torrent, nobody is seeding it.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 26, 2013

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

AladdinSane posted:

Has anyone noticed that thetvdb listing for GameCenter CX's special is messed up? (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=84501&seasonid=39162&lid=7). I use this site to feed my HTPC and it is missing/incorrectly matching a lot of the specials I had working previously. Does anyone here have the experience to correct this with the episode guides available? I've privately taken a pass at it, but there a some episodes I just can't match up to the guides.

You'll need to change your local filenames to match the new numbering. Please don't go in there and mass-change them. Someone named "duiz" did it earlier this year and it wreaked all sorts of hell. I posted an appeal to reverse the changes on the tvdb forums, but apparently there's no history kept, so there was no way to revert it. Just update your filenames and start fresh. If there's anything you're having issues with matching, let me know.

thetrout
May 10, 2013
Yeah, I'd noticed that too earlier this year. Lots of specials were rerenumbered and some went missing entirely. It was pretty ridiculous.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011

makere posted:

I believe someone already uploaded most everything individually and any links to missing episodes from my batch torrents can be found on the new SA-GCCX site. If not, I'm sure if someone mentions it that a link will be added shortly afterwards.

Now I have to go through the guide on that site and pick up anything I've happened to miss....

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
I'm at work, away from my files, I can't find a streaming copy anywhere, and I desperately need the answer to this question:

"What was Arino's time when he was competing for the eki-ben in Densha de Go!!?"

This is important. (No, really.)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

NBHS posted:

I'm at work, away from my files, I can't find a streaming copy anywhere, and I desperately need the answer to this question:

"What was Arino's time when he was competing for the eki-ben in Densha de Go!!?"

This is important. (No, really.)

Arino had 27 seconds left on the clock which crushed the second closest Fukakawa's 14 seconds. That's actually a really good result for the early Densha de Go! (Go by Train!) games which were very arcady and punishing.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

Huh. Then he had me beat by six seconds. I concede the steak, but the grilled clams lunch is MINE.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I just noticed that the only season I'm missing is season 12. Anyone know where I can get the episodes for it now? The torrent for the season on nyaa.se apparently has 2 seeders, but I'm unable to connect to them I guess.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011

PureRok posted:

I just noticed that the only season I'm missing is season 12. Anyone know where I can get the episodes for it now? The torrent for the season on nyaa.se apparently has 2 seeders, but I'm unable to connect to them I guess.

I'll just start seeding it; I stopped seeding after a week because it was murdering my bandwidth seeding all 19 torrents at once.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

MaskedTai posted:

I'll just start seeding it; I stopped seeding after a week because it was murdering my bandwidth seeding all 19 torrents at once.

Thanks. I got it all now.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
I'll be seeding the nyaa torrents with my dedicated server for the foreseeable future. Assuming people don't typically get complaints seeding something like this.

Edit: serious question though because I would love to seed all the files and I have plenty of space/bandwidth but I really don't want to cause any trouble with my host. Has anyone got DMCA notices or anything for this sort of stuff?

Edit 2: well for now I'm seeding everything except s12, specials, and Nintendo channel episodes (they will be done downloading soon though), Enjoy.

Stalin-Chan fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 30, 2013

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013

Stalin-Chan posted:

Has anyone got DMCA notices or anything for this sort of stuff?
I doubt anyone would ever send a DMCA notice for Game Center CX. I've downloaded all of the episodes via torrents and never gotten anything. On the other hand, they did take down a lot of episodes from YouTube for copyright reasons recently.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

bdr9 posted:

I doubt anyone would ever send a DMCA notice for Game Center CX. I've downloaded all of the episodes via torrents and never gotten anything. On the other hand, they did take down a lot of episodes from YouTube for copyright reasons recently.

Well i'm more worried about getting a DMCA for seeding, it is a bit more risky because you are constantly sharing and it makes you an easy target. My server is also quite fast so it'll probably get a lot of the random leechers and draw a lot of attention compared to the other seeders/leechers (I've already shared about 15-30 gigabytes for every season and I only started downloading them yesterday).

I should be fine though because my host has a pretty liberal DMCA policy, so if I run into any trouble I can probably just stop seeding and be ok.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Does anybody in Japan even use torrents? Everybody I knew who was engaged in file-sharing had other ways of doing it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rochallor posted:

Does anybody in Japan even use torrents? Everybody I knew who was engaged in file-sharing had other ways of doing it.

I once bought a print magazine in Japan that was an extensively-detailed "how to torrent" guide complete with links to sites like pirate bay. They mostly use a weird P2P program, and I think the law there can make them liable for significant prison time if caught.

Incidentally, a music CD is usually $30-$40, a TV season is rarely under $100 and can go as high as $250, and some niche stuff can go even beyond that (like the 80's Anime series Legend of Galactic Heroes which is $500 for a box of discs with the same runtime as a Simpsons season).

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
In my limited experience, Japanese filesharing is done mostly through peer-to-peer software like Winny, Share, and Perfect Dark, which actually encrypt and anonymize traffic, unlike torrents.

Also, Legend of the Galactic Heroes is totally worth that money.

Also, there's something off about this recent Tamage, but I just can't place it.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

univbee posted:

I once bought a print magazine in Japan that was an extensively-detailed "how to torrent" guide complete with links to sites like pirate bay. They mostly use a weird P2P program, and I think the law there can make them liable for significant prison time if caught.

I haven't seen prison time involved specifically, but arrests and guilty verdicts have happened there, with heavy fines.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

In my limited experience, Japanese filesharing is done mostly through peer-to-peer software like Winny, Share, and Perfect Dark, which actually encrypt and anonymize traffic, unlike torrents.

I pulled a lot of our masters from Share which, like anything computer software related that comes out of Japan, is janky as hell.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

I pulled a lot of our masters from Share which, like anything computer software related that comes out of Japan, is janky as hell.

See also: the Final Fantasy XIV thread.

(Also: The hell's up with Endo's hair?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, all three programs I mentioned are basically one-man hobbyist projects that caught on, each one designed to fix a few issues with the previous one. Whenever I'm looking for something specific, I usually have to try all three, and also leave them on and searching for days at a time. I pulled the raw for the Friendly Downtown episode we subbed from Share, I think, but I've been stymied looking for other specific episodes of stuff.