Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

West Ham Sandwich posted:

Also I'm having a hard time figuring out how the candy cane enters at that angle and remains in tact.
That doesn't look like there was much tact involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrEnigma
Aug 30, 2004

Moo!

West Ham Sandwich posted:

Also I'm having a hard time figuring out how the candy cane enters at that angle and remains in tact.

think goatse...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I could possibly be a plastic decorative candy cane.

Edit: :doh: I'm leaving it for the sake of humor.

New Leaf has a new favorite as of 22:56 on Dec 24, 2013

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

New Leaf posted:

That's true. We'd have no way of knowing.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

You'd have to taste it to know for sure.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

New Leaf posted:

Would we have to turn you over to find out?

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
You guys are seriously lacking in Christmas spirit here.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Shove it up your rear end

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ubergnu posted:

You guys are seriously lacking in Christmas spirit here.

I am filled with a peppermint burning sensation that is pure Christmas.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

VanSandman posted:

This would be a better shop if you couldn't see the stripes.

Without the stripes, it might just be a midget's walking cane.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Not a one of those posts are pictures.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Does anyone have that picture of nerds with long jackets, and how they think they look?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

DrBouvenstein posted:

:stare: I want to know who Nikhil wants to bring back from the dead.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Is there a third person I don't see? The head doesn't fit either body :confused:

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Purgatory Glory posted:

Is there a third person I don't see? The head doesn't fit either body :confused:

Honestly, I have trouble with this one too. It was on a buzzfeed collection with similar photos (most of which have already been posted). I'm thinking it's some weird perspective trick and she's got her head craned towards the camera so it looks really big.

From the same site:

Tora! Tora! Tora! has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Dec 25, 2013

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

t_violet posted:

Honestly, I have trouble with this one too. It was on a buzzfeed collection with similar photos (most of which have already been posted). I'm thinking it's some weird perspective trick and she's got her head craned towards the camera so it looks really big.

From the same site:

Wow, there's so much going on. First I thought the guys were kneeling with their legs together so it looked like they had one leg. Then I noticed the women seemed to 3 feet tall. Oh right, they are sitting on the guys' legs. Awesome, love the sandals at a wedding too.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Sorry for watermarks.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Dorf gets married!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

The look on the kid on the right's face makes this.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I used to do this all the time at my local House of Pies, which is where this was taken. Hell, this could be the same restaurant.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Golly wow! Talk about knockin' someone's block off!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

stubblyhead posted:

Sorry for watermarks.

God, I love these themed vehicles. I think they're called whips? Some guy in my neighborhood has a Spongebob one and another Looney Tunes one that I don't have a picture of.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

God, I love these themed vehicles. I think they're called whips? Some guy in my neighborhood has a Spongebob one and another Looney Tunes one that I don't have a picture of.

Raised chasis late '80s/early '90s Impalas and similar full sized American cars are called Donks because the Impala logo looks like a donkey.

Whip is generic for any ride, especially one that goes fast and "whips" around the corners. I don't think anyone has used that term since the mid 2000s.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

That makes more sense than the green and black FedEx 7-Series (early 2000s, Bangle-butt) that I see sometimes on my commute home. It's usually in passing and in the dark, so I don't have any pictures but...it's interesting, to say the least.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

BgRdMchne posted:

Raised chasis late '80s/early '90s Impalas and similar full sized American cars are called Donks because the Impala logo looks like a donkey.

Whip is generic for any ride, especially one that goes fast and "whips" around the corners. I don't think anyone has used that term since the mid 2000s.

False. I submit for evidence noted west coast rapper, Mistah F.A.B.

Edit: ughhh youtubes not loading. Pretend i put a link to a great song here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I appear to have lost both pictures but my girlfriend had a HI HATER themed donk and later had his wheels repossessed and was rolling on tiny steel wheels for the rest of the year.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

omnibobb posted:

False. I submit for evidence noted west coast rapper, Mistah F.A.B.

Edit: ughhh youtubes not loading. Pretend i put a link to a great song here.

I thought Mistah F.A.B. was from the mid '00s.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

BgRdMchne posted:

I had to look this up months ago after a friend of mine on facebook bitched about someone having a lucky charms donk. I have no clue why it angered her since the whole point is to make their cars look ridiculous. It doesn't sound like, in her case, they were blaring music or driving like assholes.They are aware it's stupid. I also found out there are subcategories. Or, I guess that not all donks are actually donks.

http://jalopnik.com/5974931/your-guide-to-the-worlds-most-hated-car-culture-donks

a commenter under the article posted:

1. A Donk is a 71-76 Impala, though most hi risers are referred to as Donks. This doesn't bother me, just like people calling Camaros muscle cars doesn't bother me.

2. A Box is a 77-90 Impala or Caprice. These are my favorites. I really do love them.

3. A bubble is a newer Caprice, or one of many other cars from the 90s that all look like suppositories.

Bored has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Dec 25, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bored posted:

I had to look this up months ago after a friend of mine on facebook bitched about someone having a lucky charms donk. I have no clue why it angered her since the whole point is to make their cars look ridiculous. They are aware it's stupid. I also found out there are subcategories. Or, I guess that not all donks are actually donks.

http://jalopnik.com/5974931/your-guide-to-the-worlds-most-hated-car-culture-donks

This one takes the joke a little to far, though, imo.

Did you fail yo look further up this page?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Rhyno posted:

Did you fail yo look further up this page?

Which one? Donk snob or Jalopnik? And what did I fail to read?

Edit: My bad. I think the pictures hadn't loaded or something until I got down to the spongebob one. Changed to different pictures. Now I have to go back to the previous page and make sure those haven't already gotten posted, too.

Bored has a new favorite as of 20:06 on Dec 25, 2013

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Solute the cap'n of crunch.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Rhyno posted:

I appear to have lost both pictures but my girlfriend had a HI HATER themed donk and later had his wheels repossessed and was rolling on tiny steel wheels for the rest of the year.

Your girlfriend had his wheels replaced?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elohssa Gib posted:

Your girlfriend had his wheels replaced?

Whoops! She had a neighbor with that car. Ha!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Charlie Chaplin delivering the greatest movie speech of all time?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

These were all over my old hometown of Crestview, Fl. There was Skittles, Smacks, and frosted Flakes. I always got so loving annoyed seeing them. I never got the point in dropping thousands into a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Charlie Chaplin delivering the greatest movie speech of all time?

As well as an invitation to look up.

• Locked thread