Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
I can report that FakeClockUp works with the beta of MobileSubstrate, and also makes iOS 7 a hell of a lot snappier on an iPhone 4, especially with some of the fancier graphical flourishes disabled. I'm amazed at how fluid and snappy 7 feels on here given some of the horror stories circulating about running it on old hardware. It feels like a new phone at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Crunk Abortion posted:

I can report that FakeClockUp works with the beta of MobileSubstrate, and also makes iOS 7 a hell of a lot snappier on an iPhone 4, especially with some of the fancier graphical flourishes disabled. I'm amazed at how fluid and snappy 7 feels on here given some of the horror stories circulating about running it on old hardware. It feels like a new phone at this point.

This is the Arrow thread dude. We only permit Microsoft products here.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 25, 2013

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Crunk Abortion posted:

League of Assassins plant spotted.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Crunk Abortion posted:

Crunk Abortion, you have failed this thread.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The Lord Bude posted:

This is the Arrow thread dude. We only permit Microsoft products here.

In a show that just recently introduced super-soldier serum and exploding particle accelerators giving people superpowers, maybe the most unrealistic thing is that everyone uses Bing. I know why they do it, it's just always makes me smile whenever I see a loving shot of Bing pop up on someone's tablet or smartphone.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rarity posted:

Crunk Abortion, you have failed this thread.

Yup :cawg:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

In a show that just recently introduced super-soldier serum and exploding particle accelerators giving people superpowers, maybe the most unrealistic thing is that everyone uses Bing. I know why they do it, it's just always makes me smile whenever I see a loving shot of Bing pop up on someone's tablet or smartphone.

As a massive windows phone and Microsoft Surface fan boy though, I prefer to see it as an idealised vision of the world as it should be.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
In the DC cinematic universe, Microsoft products are sponsored by Waynetech.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

BrianWilly posted:

In the DC cinematic universe, Microsoft products are sponsored by Waynetech Kord Industries.

Seriously though, when are we going to see Ted Kord?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Cloks posted:

When Booster Gold time travels back from the future :smug: (Berlanti please)

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cloks posted:

We're not going to see Kord, we're going to see the new hip, young Hispanic Blue Beetle, so the CW can meet its affirmative action quota.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

In the DC cinematic universe, Microsoft products are sponsored by Waynetech.

Nah, definitely Lexcorp.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Drifter posted:

We're not going to see Kord, we're going to see the new hip, young Hispanic Blue Beetle, so the CW can meet its affirmative action quota.

How chiseled will his abs be?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dexo posted:

How chiseled will his abs be?

Sculpted by Michaelangelo himself.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ISRjFr2UeY

Quiver's out.

I'm listening to it, and I noticed something so far: Episode 11 is about Laurel, and episode 12 is about the Lances. Hopefully Episode 11 addresses some of the concerns we've had about her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drifter posted:

Well, and also their "Doesn't have a gaping head wound" quota.

Which I guess is surprisingly large.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Drifter posted:

To be fair the Blue Beetle comic before 52 was one of the best teenager comics I have ever read. It is really really good. If they brought that Jamie in I would be all for it. However, if its the 52 one then get the gently caress out.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

To be fair the Blue Beetle comic before 52 was one of the best teenager comics I have ever read. It is really really good. If they brought that Jamie in I would be all for it. However, if its the 52 one then get the gently caress out.

I want to emptyquote this. Yes!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

This is why we are bros. John Rogers BB for life yo.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Drifter posted:

Jaime Reyes owns.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Well, and also their "Doesn't have a gaping head wound" quota.

Which I guess is surprisingly large.

Best of all worlds: Young, hip Hispanic for the post 52-crowd, chiseled abs for the CW crowd & one bullet in the head for the old school.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rhyno posted:

This is why we are bros. John Rogers BB for life yo.

Plus, Rogers could write the episode. Ollie could team up with Leverage and Beetle.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
According to Wikipedia, Ted Kord will show up in a flashback this season.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If they brought John Rogers on to write a Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle episode it would seriously make me wonder if it's possible to like a show too much. Like, could a show do something so good that it somehow becomes dangerous to the viewer?

They should have John Rogers write an episode anyway.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
How is Amell just so loving cool? It's just not fair :(

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009

Crunk Abortion posted:

Does ios 7 support Barry Allen?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, they mention that Dr. Ivo is presently dead (granted, that doesn't mean much in this show since no one seems to know anything about anyone), but what are the chances we're going to see an AMAZO reference somewhere? If we're getting metahumans, I want robots!

Edit:
gently caress. How did I miss that?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 26, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

So, they mention that Dr. Ivo is presently dead (granted, that doesn't mean much in this show since no one seems to know anything about anyone), but what are the chances we're going to see an AMAZO reference somewhere? If we're getting metahumans, I want robots!

The freighter is called the Amazo.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
I assure you I won't mispost in here again

because I have another shoulder :(

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So in the Podcast, they ask him if he'd want to enter an archery contest against Jennifer Lawrence, Jeremy Renner, and Orlando Bloom. I now want this to happen.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Senerio posted:

Quiver's out.

I'm listening to it, and I noticed something so far: Episode 11 is about Laurel, and episode 12 is about the Lances. Hopefully Episode 11 addresses some of the concerns we've had about her.

Wow, this is a really good video. Thanks for sharing, it's super interesting. Amell is such a good dude, it's really striking.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Senerio posted:

So in the Podcast, they ask him if he'd want to enter an archery contest against Jennifer Lawrence, Jeremy Renner, and Orlando Bloom. I now want this to happen.

Surely a contest followed by a team-up, as all crossovers inevitably go?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

McSpanky posted:

Surely a contest followed by a team-up, as all crossovers inevitably go?

Felicity gets kidnapped and Oliver receives a mysterious invitation to an archery contest on an island, with Felicity as a prize. He competes against the Dark Archer and three hooded archery masters (Jennifer Lawrence, Jeremy Renner, and Orlando Bloom).

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Senerio posted:

Quiver's out.

Amell brings up an interesting point in terms of Arrow vs Flash; most of the effects stuff on Arrow is practical. They rarely, if ever, use CGI for anything. But the Flash has powers, the kind that can be very difficult to portray convincingly without special effects. Grant Gustin has an Olympic running trainer whipping his rear end into shape, but that can only do so much; you just can't give a man onscreen superspeed with practical effects. And the Flash isn't the only one they have to worry about; if they're going to use Flash as their 'powers' show, it seems they're going to need some pretty heavy CGI eventually, and TV CGI just isn't good most of the time.

But then, the actual :science: scene for Barry was some of the best special effects I've seen on TV, so maybe they just have a really clutch CGI department. Or maybe they blew most of the season's budget on that scene. Who knows? It's an interesting question going forward. Because I think whether the show can sell the Flash's speed without making it look fake or dopey is going to be one of the biggest factors in whether it sinks or swims.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

How is Amell just so loving cool? It's just not fair :(

57 other CW leads died just to make him that cool.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Amell brings up an interesting point in terms of Arrow vs Flash; most of the effects stuff on Arrow is practical. They rarely, if ever, use CGI for anything. But the Flash has powers, the kind that can be very difficult to portray convincingly without special effects. Grant Gustin has an Olympic running trainer whipping his rear end into shape, but that can only do so much; you just can't give a man onscreen superspeed with practical effects. And the Flash isn't the only one they have to worry about; if they're going to use Flash as their 'powers' show, it seems they're going to need some pretty heavy CGI eventually, and TV CGI just isn't good most of the time.

But then, the actual :science: scene for Barry was some of the best special effects I've seen on TV, so maybe they just have a really clutch CGI department. Or maybe they blew most of the season's budget on that scene. Who knows? It's an interesting question going forward. Because I think whether the show can sell the Flash's speed without making it look fake or dopey is going to be one of the biggest factors in whether it sinks or swims.

I never had an issue with the special effects on Smallville. That show had many problems, but CGI was never one of them. Anything Smallville can do, arrowverse can do better.

People have been watching/making effects heavy scifi for decades - Star trek managed it fine, the stargate franchise managed it fine.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

King of Solomon posted:

Wow, this is a really good video. Thanks for sharing, it's super interesting. Amell is such a good dude, it's really striking.

Seriously, that was a great watch. I'm so much of a nerd that I got goosebumps when he answered the question about Arrow being part of the same universe as Man of Steel; it felt like he was trying real hard to choose his words carefully :tinfoil:

He genuinely seems to be totally on-board if WB/DC decided they wanted him and Grant Gustin in a Justice League movie. I mean, their origins are already established so they can immediately be introduced. Fans who haven't seen Arrow or the eventual Flash series could then go back to and watch the show as a prequel after they see them in a Justice League film. AHHHH.

teagone fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Dec 26, 2013

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I do find it kind of weird that we haven't seen any Superman easter eggs yet... they're probably still deciding if connecting both universes would be a good idea.

Here DC, let me save you some trouble: it's not a good idea. Don't do it. I actually liked MoS and I still think it would be a terrible mistake.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Krad posted:

I do find it kind of weird that we haven't seen any Superman easter eggs yet... they're probably still deciding if connecting both universes would be a good idea.

Here DC, let me save you some trouble: it's not a good idea. Don't do it. I actually liked MoS and I still think it would be a terrible mistake.

I see a lot of people saying it'd be a bad idea but not saying exactly why to make a good argument. With the advent of more fantastical elements being introduced this season, e.g., mirakuru, Grundy, and the origin/intro of Flash, it really does feel like they're setting up both shows (Arrow/Flash) for something bigger than TV. Amell does make a good point of them not doing "TV versions" of the characters, and are more concerned with doing the best 'definitive' versions that wouldn't look out of place in any kind of medium.

[edit] And I mean... come on. Who wouldn't want to see Manu Bennett as Deathstroke beat the poo poo out of Ben Affleck as Batman?

teagone fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Dec 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Spergatory posted:

you just can't give a man onscreen superspeed with practical effects.

ahem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLhLn9hVkE

• Locked thread