Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Pokébank needed a bailout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Someone found an OFLC rating for Castlevania: Dracula X, which is kinda surprising, considering it never got a Wii VC release. I guess someone, somewhere will be excited about this.

Yay! I'm the someone!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Pokebank is now TBD and the Japanese service has now been pulled. The official site still lists the 27th, but that should change before long.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

(sounds like the Pokemon Bank stuff is being temporarily delayed/withdrawn until the xmas server issues are over... let's hope it doesn't go the way of Flipnote 3D.)

I think it was a major component of this iteration of Pokemon, as it'll be the only way to get a huge chunk of pokemon. I don't think they'd let that happen.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

Fishylungs posted:

I think it was a major component of this iteration of Pokemon, as it'll be the only way to get a huge chunk of pokemon. I don't think they'd let that happen.
Plus they're planning on using it for transfers for future Pokémon generations. They're not killing off the worldwide release.

Sucks though, I was looking forward to transferring. And I want to buy Ace Attorney 5. :(

Purple D. Link fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 26, 2013

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo, they really failed to release a nes ROM this year after promising it six months ago.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
If Dracula X shows up on the 3DS and not just the Wii U I'm gonna poo poo five bricks. I have the PSP version but I never keep the PSP with me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RichterIX posted:

If Dracula X shows up on the 3DS and not just the Wii U I'm gonna poo poo five bricks. I have the PSP version but I never keep the PSP with me.

It's not Rondo of Blood that he's talking about, it's the SNES port that has different physics/levels/music than the original and is rare as hell.

You can technically already play Rondo of Blood on a Wii U through the Wii mode's shop.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Phantasium posted:

It's not Rondo of Blood that he's talking about, it's the SNES port that has different physics/levels/music than the original and is rare as hell.

You can technically already play Rondo of Blood on a Wii U through the Wii mode's shop.

Oh, so we definitely won't get it on 3DS anyway. The SNES Dracula X is pretty bad but it's not AWFUL, and honestly I just want new non-Lords of Shadow Castlevania so bad I'd buy pretty much anything that showed up on the VC.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Is Project X Zone or Cave Story worth it at those prices?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Cave Story if you haven't played it yet is, but PxZ isn't worth any price.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Cyra posted:

I think Project X Zone is pretty fun in small bursts. Don't play too much of it at once and you'll be fine.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Purple D. Link posted:

Plus they're planning on using it for transfers for future Pokémon generations. They're not killing off the worldwide release.

Sucks though, I was looking forward to transferring. And I want to buy Ace Attorney 5. :(

If anything it'll be what pushes them to get better infrastructure, because it's not like Flipnote is one of their best-selling franchises.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cyra posted:

Your enjoyment of PxZ is directly proportional to your tolerance for anime.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also that the bulk of the strategy in that game is mastered in 30 minutes, but the game is like 50 hours long.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

How is VVVVVV? I watched the trailer but I'm not sure if the game would be really fun or really boring.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Has anyone played Hometown Story? I've had my eye on it and the fact that it's on sale is pretty appealing, but it looks like it got panned in reviews.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

mcpringles posted:

How is VVVVVV? I watched the trailer but I'm not sure if the game would be really fun or really boring.

It's really good but I think it's a lot cheaper to buy it on PC

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Do I need to play Mighty Switch Force 1 to play 2? It looks interesting, but if there's no connection I'd rather jump right to the sequel.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Do I need to play Mighty Switch Force 1 to play 2? It looks interesting, but if there's no connection I'd rather jump right to the sequel.

Nope. The "plot" is barebones on both games. Ideally, buy both for maximum speedrunning puzzle-platforming.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

greatn posted:

Holy poo poo, they really failed to release a nes ROM this year after promising it six months ago.

This really doesn't surprise me, not in the least.

Well, at least we're getting SOMETHING in the form of Super Punch Out and Mario Tennis, both excellent games.

(And for those who got the Wii VC SPO! when it was in Club Nintendo its only $1.50 for the update of course.)

But still, there's no reason they couldn't have put SMB3 up as well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I have a tremendous tolerance for anime and regularly play the Super Robot Wars games so I have a tolerance for crossover shenanigans and still disliked it so YMMV.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA Club Nintendo posted the top 10 fan favourites of the year for both systems; you can probably guess most of 'em, but there are a couple surprises there:

http://club2.nintendo.com/fanfaves/

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
JP 3DS VC got PC Engine games today
http://tinycartridge.com/post/71208571611/pc-engine-on-3ds-looks-pretty-great-okay-the

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

NA Club Nintendo posted the top 10 fan favourites of the year for both systems; you can probably guess most of 'em, but there are a couple surprises there:

Their top ten games of the year is ALL of their games this year.

Real talk though: how many games came out for the Wii U this year?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope Capcom USA notices the revived interest in Ace Attorney and doesn't abandon it again.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Ace Attorney 5 didn't pull Call of Duty numbers, unfortunately, so it'll be dead again.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Disargeria posted:

Their top ten games of the year is ALL of their games this year.

Real talk though: how many games came out for the Wii U this year?
77 if wikipedia isn't a bunch of liars.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I hope Capcom USA notices the revived interest in Ace Attorney and doesn't abandon it again.
I mean sure people loved it but just not enough of them bought DLC costumes, pull the plug :smith:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Agrias120 posted:

Has anyone played Hometown Story? I've had my eye on it and the fact that it's on sale is pretty appealing, but it looks like it got panned in reviews.

You find out grandma is dead, show up in town, a fuzzy thing tells you how to sell an item then opens the store. Supposedly there is a story of some sort, but it got boring within a few minutes.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So for when I finally get into the eShop to buy Phoenix Wright, how much is the DLC case?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

So for when I finally get into the eShop to buy Phoenix Wright, how much is the DLC case?

6 bucks + tax, iirc.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Strange Quark posted:

6 bucks + tax, iirc.

Hahahaha.

I have an eShop card worth 35. :shepicide:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If you have a credit card you can use it to add only the exact amount required to make up the difference.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

greatn posted:

This sums up the Virtual Console experience perfectly :(

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

If you have a credit card you can use it to add only the exact amount required to make up the difference.

Wait, when did this become a thing? Has this been a thing the whole time? Did I just miss the fact that I could do this the entire time? :psyduck:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

alcharagia posted:

Wait, when did this become a thing? Has this been a thing the whole time? Did I just miss the fact that I could do this the entire time? :psyduck:

It's been "a thing" this whole time, man.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Phoenix Wright DLC case is really good by the way just in case anyone skipped it for whatever reason. It's a full length case too which I wasn't expecting at all.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

DoctorWhat posted:

It's been "a thing" this whole time, man.

Holy poo poo

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

alcharagia posted:

It's something they added via firmware update, but it's been possible for a while now. There's an option during checkout that says "Add Exact Funds" or something, I forget the exact wording.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Shop status update: The servers are supposedly undergoing maintenance now. Hopefully this issue will be resolved by later tonight or tomorrow morning. I wanted to pick up Pokemon Y, but as you can imagine, its been impossible to grab. :(