Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Beyond demonstrating that they're Christians who like to decorate their house, and that they buy into the mainstream Christmas narrative, it doesn't really display any craziness.

Maybe if it said "Wish Jesus a Happy Birthday, Sinners!" you'd have something; or if it were accompanied by a story of what happened inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

LunarShadow posted:

Welp, Christmas visit with Dad started off great. After mentioning something about Hilary and the Secret Service scandal in South America (no loving idea what he is on about with that)

Some secret service agents got caught buying hookers while in I think Colombia on business. Around that time Hillary was photographed drinking a beer (maybe the same trip?) so she is a drunk whore.

/minor news cycle scandals from years ago

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Maybe the crazy thing is that they are Browns fans?

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

ratbert90 posted:

Merry Yule!

Oh, yeah, Obama and Farrakhan are best buddies. Let's see what Farrakhan thinks of Oba--

"Louis Farrakhan via The Huffington Post posted:

"We voted for our brother Barack, a beautiful human being with a sweet heart,” Farrakhan said, in a video making the rounds on the internet. But he has turned into someone else, Farrakhan told the crowd. “Now he's an assassin.”

:stare:

Well, okay then. But as a radical Muslim, I'm sure Farrakhan completely disagrees with Phil Robertson and the Bible--

"Louis Farrakhan via The Christian Post posted:

"Now I want to ask a question," he continued while holing up a Bible. "Why is that all you politicians take your oath of office on the Bible? If the book is no good, what the hell are you using it for to take an oath of office to uphold, not the Bible, but the Constitution? But the Constitution comes out of their recognition of the value of this book."

Oh.

So Louis Farrakhan is still a bigoted, religious shithead above all else, and his beliefs on gay people are informed from the same body of scripture as Phil Robertson's. Funny how that works!

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 27, 2013

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

djw175 posted:

Is there something more to this than a decorated lawn? Because that's not too weird.

I think it's the y's. They're slanted so strangely. Irrelevant to any discussion here though.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The bible says rock n' roll is sinful? Badass

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

muike posted:

The bible says rock n' roll is sinful? Badass
Yes

(Assuming that you accept that rock music is the same as magic scrolls.)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Timett posted:

Maybe the crazy thing is that they are Browns fans?

Mostly this.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Phone posted:

Mostly this.

The thing is, most Browns fans I've seen tweet stuff like "There is no God" on twitter every year. week.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
2 pages back i saw something about Obama having trouble proving his identity when signing up on the healthcare.gov website, what was the deal with that?I could only find mention of it on conservative websites.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Dunno if this is new or if the dude who posted it on facebook is just slow on the news cycle, but we got some person on Fox getting indignant about BENGHAZI

http://vidinterest.com/video/69545/treason-exposed-obama-used-benghazi-attack-to-cover-up-arms

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ErichZahn posted:

Do you mean other than Christmas being a pagan holiday which, like Easter, is completely unrelated to any date involving Jesus Christ?

And that modern candleless Christmas was invented from whole cloth by a Dickens?

I bet you're fun at parties. I don't see how not having a victorian Christmas is 'crazy'.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

ErichZahn posted:

Do you mean other than Christmas being a pagan holiday which, like Easter, is completely unrelated to any date involving Jesus Christ?

And that modern candleless Christmas was invented from whole cloth by a Dickens?

It's 2013. Everyone knows.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also no Christmas isn't a 'pagan holiday', it was timed to go along with solstice festivals but it wasn't some re-purposed pagan festival (in before someone says Saturnalia, which involved poo poo like gladiator matches and a ton of other things that somehow never made the jump). Shockingly at the time there weren't a ton of ways to celebrate for the layman so yea most every party boiled down to 'come drink wine and get dumb with us'.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

BJA posted:

2 pages back i saw something about Obama having trouble proving his identity when signing up on the healthcare.gov website, what was the deal with that?I could only find mention of it on conservative websites.

It's obvious nonsense. Obama wouldn't sign up for the exchanges since he gets his health coverage from his employer. And he's got a birth certificate, which is proof of citizenship. It's just something conservatives made up to make themselves feel good.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Pope Guilty posted:

It's obvious nonsense. Obama wouldn't sign up for the exchanges since he gets his health coverage from his employer. And he's got a birth certificate, which is proof of citizenship. It's just something conservatives made up to make themselves feel good.

Even if the insane story were somehow true how would anyone know would Obama be stupid enough to hold a press conference telling everyone he can't prove his citizenship to his website?

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Defenestration posted:

Some secret service agents got caught buying hookers while in I think Colombia on business. Around that time Hillary was photographed drinking a beer (maybe the same trip?) so she is a drunk whore.

/minor news cycle scandals from years ago

Ah, ok. I knew about the secret service thing, but had no loving idea how Clinton was supposed to be in an way involved with it. It was just such a non-sequitor it boggled the mind.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Dunno if this is new or if the dude who posted it on facebook is just slow on the news cycle, but we got some person on Fox getting indignant about BENGHAZI

http://vidinterest.com/video/69545/treason-exposed-obama-used-benghazi-attack-to-cover-up-arms

I've watched and listened to a lot of dumb bullshit, and I've never seen or heard anything that enraged me as much as this. This woman is just staggeringly insufferable and condescending.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

ratbert90 posted:

Reagan was so awesome he started IBM and Amazon and Mattel!

Literally not a single one of those companies were started during the Regan years.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

ratbert90 posted:

Millennials!

Oh sweet, blatant jingoism and flagrant homophobia, this image macro's got it all.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
But you see Reagan's policies allowed those companies to either prosper or start after him. God bless Saint Ronnie the Prosperity Bringer :patriot:

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

miscellaneous14 posted:

Oh sweet, blatant jingoism and flagrant homophobia, this image macro's got it all.
If I cared enough I'd put together a pic with an unappealing civilian from 1943 and a hypermasculine soldier from today.

Also, I like how the one on the left side is (as far as I can tell) a painting rather than an actual person, which sets the image up for quite an AGC-ing.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Would IBM even exist if not for the Census?

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

miscellaneous14 posted:

In that image, both 27 year-old dudes faced rampant wealth inequality that Democratic governments mulled over tackling through large spending programs - it's just that today's 27 year-old doesn't have an unambiguously evil right-wing dictatorship bowing to the wills of a crazy person bent on world domination and persecuting minorities... that is, until the Republicans go full-gently caress crazy!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

miscellaneous14 posted:

The image on the left is also a "how about a nice big cup of shut the gently caress up" meme repurposed from a poster. LL101 has like, zero self-awareness.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Would IBM even exist if not for the Social Security Act of 1935?! :bang:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Most of the infrastructure underpinning the business models of those companies, then and now, were publicly developed and funded. Even the transistor was created by Bell Labs, which was run by AT&T, which had a government mandated monopoly.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

miscellaneous14 posted:

If you view it through a prism of how we went wrong as "We don't have Hitler in this generation" and them wishing we had Hitler back it's much more entertaining really.

What we need nowadays is less talking about important domestic social issues like health insurance and more shooting Germans to fight Hitler I say! :downs:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

miscellaneous14 posted:

Also the Greatest Generation only achieved their full potential through government employment.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Even better is the implication that the US isn't the biggest military superpower in the world, and that all our potential servicemen are now gay hipsters ruining our country by voting for Obummer.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Most of the infrastructure underpinning the business models of those companies, then and now, were publicly developed and funded. Even the transistor was created by Bell Labs, which was run by AT&T, which had a government mandated monopoly.

Steve Wozniak's autobiography, "IWoz," goes into this in pretty accessible detail.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

ratbert90 posted:

Have a Merry Kwanzaa from all your friends at Liberal Logic 101!

Ducks!

Actually A&E has their rear end on a contract so they aren't going anywhere :laugh:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/23/duck-dynasty-family-members-contractually-bound-to-continue-source-says/

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I actually enjoy the show despite the outside drama (and I loving hate reality TV, generally), but it's always fun to see what kind of poo poo gets churned out to fulfill a contractual obligation.

It's a nice gently caress you to all the idiots saying they should just walk to spite A&E and make A&E beg them to come back and apologize profusely to Phil Robertson.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

Muslims bad! Ducks good!

Merry Yule!

This is just a pet peeve I bring up whenever I see it, but assuming this were accurate (it's not! wow) then what it should be complaining about is a LACK of cognitive dissonance. Having cognitive dissonance being a good thing.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Did you see this weeks episode of Minister Farrakhan's reality TV show on a cable network? Hilarious. Oh wait.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Axetrain posted:

This is just a pet peeve I bring up whenever I see it, but assuming this were accurate (it's not! wow) then what it should be complaining about is a LACK of cognitive dissonance. Having cognitive dissonance being a good thing.

It took this and the freep thread years to figure that one out. LL Isn't going to any time soon.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Sure, they might have become a German company, but somebody needed a census!

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So, here are the years those companies were founded:

Apple - 1976
Mattel - 1945
Amazon - 1994
IBM - 1911

We should be thanking Taftomics for IBM's success.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Ford gets credit for Apple? Or would it be Carter, since that's when they really took off?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What no credit for Reagan's Democratic congress? :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm still a little lost as to the glorification of "The Greatest Generation", and then they use it as an excuse to slam Millenials. Chances are the idiot that made that meme is a.) Not a part of "The Greatest Generation", b.) Has never served in the Armed Forces in any sort of capacity.

I also don't understand the whole "WELL X-COUNTRY DID WORSE TO THEIR GAYS! FOCUS ON THEM!/WELL X-PERSON SAID WORSE COMMENTS, AND HE'S A LIEBERAL!". Shouldn't the point be you should hold yourself to a higher standard?