Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

upvoted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

gbs is so much better now there's no human being SJWs whining every time someone makes a joke -

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A Steampunk Gent posted:

gbs is so much better now there's no human being SJWs whining every time someone makes a joke -

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

This is also pretty great.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
"hay guize check out this WACKY movie I found on kickstarter. no it's not mine lol (it's mine)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72RqpItxd8M

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Miami Connection is only funny and great because it's not trying to be funny.

Visually it looks interesting, but the writing is bad, and it's trying way too hard to be funny. Not everything can be Blood Dragon - because Blood Dragon is actually funny.

You can't make a cult movie - it all comes from how the audience reacts to it. The idea of an instant cult movie is just wrong - it never works.

OldMemes has a new favorite as of 02:18 on Dec 27, 2013

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Kung Fuhrer is a good pun that's wasted on this.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's a mildly interesting sketch. As a movie it would be excruciatingly painful.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
I love stuff like this, but the problem I have specifically with Kung Fury is that it's just so unfocused, the trailer starts off ironically funny and then it descends into:

-CYBERPUNK!!!
-KUNG FU!!!
-HITLER!!!
-VIKINGS!!!
-NORSE GODS!!!
-DINOSAURS!!!

As if running down the checklist of "Cool Things" will guarantee it ends up being a movie that everybody has to see. Should've just stuck with the crazy cyberpunk kung fu guy.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That thread is beautiful. :allears:

steinrokkan posted:

It's a mildly interesting sketch. As a movie it would be excruciatingly painful.

Like everyone else the skate board flip is amazing, and then it goes so far downhill, so fast.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I want to make awesome Let's Plays of some of my favorite video games and the new next gene games

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Risks and challenges:
The only problem I have is learning how to use my software and hook up all my equipment.

I heard that, it isn't easy to set that stuff up.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bryantcloud/notes-of-death-tragedy-anguish-and-sorrow?ref=discovery

I checked my local kickstarters, and apparently this dude wants $6400 to publish a book filled with his emo poetry he's had lying around since high school. For only a thousand bucks he will send you the ORIGINALS of all the notebooks, as well as putting your name in the book and a bunch of other fun stuff!

EDIT:
VVVVVVVVV
What the gently caress is going on with their tits? The one with the green hair especially, I'm pretty sure if your shirt looks like that you're wearing it wrong or there is something seriously wrong with your chest :psyduck:

Don Gato has a new favorite as of 07:58 on Dec 27, 2013

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hey, guess what game you can buy now!

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 08:43 on Dec 27, 2013

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Hey, guess what game you can now!

Oh wow, a Humble Bundle knock-off that has lower standards than Indie Royale?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

It is Indie Royale. It's Daily Royale, their equivalent to the Humble Bundle weekly specials.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

Man, the only good Indie Royale offering was their first one, which included Gemini Rue, Nimbus, Sanctum, and ARES for $3 or whatever. I've received 89 emails from them since then and nothing else has ever looked any good.

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

wa27 posted:

Man, the only good Indie Royale offering was their first one, which included Gemini Rue, Nimbus, Sanctum, and ARES for $3 or whatever. I've received 89 emails from them since then and nothing else has ever looked any good.

Sorry for the off topic, but how is Gemini Rue? It's in the current Humble Bundle.

For content; something from someone I know! He's exactly how one would guess he would be.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/losing-god-a-documentary

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Man... time to invest... it's strickly his demo you guys...

This guy reminds me of doobey dogs with all that dumb ellipsis.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Noyemi K posted:

He's even from "cullman, alababama"

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

unpacked robinhood posted:

their should be no problem but if one occurs i plan on taking it head on...and taking immediate action...

No risks here mate, but if they crop up, then it's game time! Hilariously tragic video too.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

unpacked robinhood posted:

does alabama just have the worst town names?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

OldMemes posted:

Visually it looks interesting, but the writing is bad, and it's trying way too hard to be funny. Not everything can be Blood Dragon - because Blood Dragon is actually funny.
Blood Dragon also sticks to its one premise instead of throwing in Hitler. And then throwing in vikings on top of that because why the gently caress not.

... mostly sticks, the Killstar kinda comes out of nowhere.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like he tried to make something like this, but it turned out poo poo. Now its a sunk cost and he's lying to himself that its good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVfU1DY73Tk

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

KiddieGrinder posted:

Thanks guys. :3:

m'lady?
:allears: As the ideas man behind this I would like to kickstart the funds for a new smilie. At $60 we can buy :euphoric: and as the facilitator I will take $20 after fees and overhead. Stretch goals include It Is A Misandry :iiamis: at $100 and for $500 I will take the forum's money and build a crackhouse

Mogambo posted:

yes we need everu possible permuation of every smilie because those are always cool and not gay as poo poo

Tubular Tommy
Oct 27, 2013
lmao, people give their money away over the internet. if u have ever contributed to a kickstarter you are a loving fag.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

yeah i'm really losing sleep over backing wasteland 2, so much money ... completely wasted

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

A Steampunk Gent posted:

yeah i'm really losing sleep over backing wasteland 2, so much money ... completely wasted

it's really cool how even after all the money and hype when Shadowrun Returns came out even the biggest fans couldn't pretend that it was good and all the plans for huge custom-made modules just fizzled out overnight

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

alababama

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
Dope Money Dogs

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Are you sure he's a rapper? He looks like he runs a cash for gold shop in a small English city

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

quote:

Risks and challenges
their should be no problem but if one occurs i plan on taking it head on...and taking immediate action...

He sounds like a real go-getter. We should fund him.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Alan Smithee posted:

Are you sure he's a rapper? He looks like he runs a cash for gold shop in a small English city

That's how he gets his bling, yo.

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

My hometown is a loving hellhole of terrible Kickstarters:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1530478744/u-believe-and-achieve-unlimited-levels-u-baul

quote:

We want to redefine the word BALL Into the word BAUL.=believe & achieve unlimited levels. We can't Baul without U. Believe in yourself
Some kind of RPG thing?

Also, yet more proof that putting the word "Smartphone" in your campaign title guarantees you success:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/393053146/powerup-30-smartphone-controlled-paper-airplane

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Jett posted:

Also, yet more proof that putting the word "Smartphone" in your campaign title guarantees you success:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/393053146/powerup-30-smartphone-controlled-paper-airplane

that actually looks pretty cool...

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

Troll Bridgington posted:

that actually looks pretty cool...

i don't disagree, i'm just saying it wouldn't have raised over $800,000 in two days if it weren't for those two magic words, "Smartphone Controlled"

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Jett posted:

i don't disagree, i'm just saying it wouldn't have raised over $800,000 in two days if it weren't for those two magic words, "Smartphone Controlled"

I would've loved to see a side by side of that project with 'remote controlled paper airplane' to see how it went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Maluco Marinero posted:

I would've loved to see a side by side of that project with 'remote controlled paper airplane' to see how it went.

Would cost quite a bit more, as you'd have to include a remote with it. It wouldn't be a fair comparison.