Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Too hard, possibly dangerous? Do you need lye? Just buy bulk on sale and divide up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

I mean if I was asking out or hitting on another girl I would probably have to ask a question regarding sexuality at some point but that's just an idea it is pretty awkward I guess

Yeah, it is. I get "Are you into chicks, or what?" and "So I know you're married, but, like, are you bi?" From obviously straight guys. Folks trying to hit on me usually just do. It's almost worse when folks whisper about it and stare. I had a group of guys at work taking bets a few years ago. And I'm straight, married with 2 kids. And short hair and flannel shirts because it's COLD.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Re: Cleaning supplies - your time is worth more than that 5 cents. Just buy in bulk.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
zack trying to open his christmas present

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

It was cute, but it was hell to grow out.

I currently have mine shaved on one side and just past my shoulders for the rest. It was fine while I could be bothered to keep up with shaving it but I'm getting bored of it now. It took me ages to grow out my undercut, wish I'd remembered that before getting the clippers out :(

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Too hard, possibly dangerous? Do you need lye? Just buy bulk on sale and divide up

I was just going to watch Fight Club and see what to do.

The thing is, I don't even like Pinterest. At all. I get super annoyed at my sister for making life choices based on pins. But she's made her own laundry detergent for a while (it's borax and washing soap and a laundry bar, so it's really just a mix of a bunch of other things you need to buy, just cheaper and I'm not bringing home giant plastic jugs all the time) and swears by it. I thought maybe it was a thing everyone secretly did and I was a dummy buying things like a chump.

I also hate it when people are all DO THIS BECAUSE NATURAL AND CHEMICAL-FREE because you literally need to buy chemicals to mix and why are you so dumb? But also I could put peppermint oil in and smell like peppermint all the time forever.

e:

toe knee hand posted:

My cats can give him lessons. They can rip into a food/treat bag very easily. It makes it nice when I go on vacation to know that if our catsitter forgot to visit for some reason they could just get food themselves.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Flannel and a fade, haha. Jeez, I wonder why anyone would be confused!?

But it is lovely that anyone feels entitled to ask (or really cares). I can only assume the reason is Japan.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 27, 2013

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

toe knee hand posted:

That little hop :3:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

rocketpig posted:

That little hop :3:

i know right

i got your print btw, it's awesome. i'm gonna find some totally ostentatious frame in a second hand shop and put it in that.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Captain Backslap posted:

Flannel and a fade, haha. Jeez, I wonder why anyone would be confused!?

But it is lovely that anyone feels entitled to ask (or really cares). I can only assume the reason is Japan.

I DGAF if anyone is confused. If you do not want to have sex with me, why ask? And these are Americans. (Brits do not ask, nor do Aussies or Japanese. Just Americans.)

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

detectivemonkey posted:

I was just going to watch Fight Club and see what to do.

I have not seen Fight Club. Are there soap making directions?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I clean a lot of stuff with soda and white vinegar. I even have vinegar with lemon peels soaked in for that lemony fresh fragrance. They work pretty well on most things but I still buy dishwash liquid, laundry liquid and toilet cleaner. Sometimes when I run out of laundry stuff I use the dr bronners soap and that works okay too.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

poopkitty posted:

I have not seen Fight Club. Are there soap making directions?

Yeah, a big part of the plot is soap-making (stealing fat from a lipo clinic, using lye with disastrous results).

Just learned that if you go to https://smile.amazon.com you can pick a charity, then when you shop a teeny tiny percent of what you spend goes to that charity.

e: ^^ yeah, I end up using baking soda and vinegar instead of actual purchased cleaning stuff a lot. The shower spray I have started out as counter spray, but I only added tea tree oil and should have added lemon or something that smells better than tea tree oil so now it is confined to the shower. Sidenote: the smell of tea tree oil has a weird catnip-like effect on cats.

defectivemonkey fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 27, 2013

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Huh. I have learned two new things today. Thanks, detective monkey!

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

poopkitty posted:

I DGAF if anyone is confused. If you do not want to have sex with me, why ask? And these are Americans. (Brits do not ask, nor do Aussies or Japanese. Just Americans.)

Maybe they do want to.

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

toe knee hand posted:

i know right

i got your print btw, it's awesome. i'm gonna find some totally ostentatious frame in a second hand shop and put it in that.

Awesome, I wasn't sure when it would get to you with the post being all Christmassy.

I use vinegar to clean windows and mirrors. Works great and doesn't leave streaks.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Last time I had short short hair I got roped in as a lesbian chick-gazing buddy/wingman by a male stranger. I'm straight and was wearing my wedding ring (in Australia, gay marriage was not legal at the time), but it was kinda fun so w/e.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Shithouse Dave posted:

I clean a lot of stuff with soda and white vinegar. I even have vinegar with lemon peels soaked in for that lemony fresh fragrance. They work pretty well on most things but I still buy dishwash liquid, laundry liquid and toilet cleaner. Sometimes when I run out of laundry stuff I use the dr bronners soap and that works okay too.

Oh yeah, related to this is an easy thing that everyone should do because it works really well. Chop up a lemon in tiny pieces, then put the tiny lemon pieces in an ice cube tray. Fill halfway or something I don't care. Then fill the rest with vinegar. Then freeze. Then put in a big plastic bag and keep in your freezer. Then when you run your garbage disposal, take one of those cubes and throw it in, then your kitchen will smell good and not like gross garbage disposal. I did it once because I love those little garbage disposal balls that they sell, but they're a ridiculous thing to buy.

mick foley forever
Dec 15, 2013

M'lady.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

VanSandman posted:

all cats are named cat until further notice

I'll call my cat shithead whenever the gently caress i please, you nazi.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

poopkitty posted:

Where do I aquire this? I LOVE Christmas music. I have like, 45 CD's of it (are CDs obsolete now?) and would love some minor key stuff.

my stepdad heard it on the radio I think, it's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbkmRZxaE3A
it's a short medley but it's pretty great

detectivemonkey posted:

Short hair chat:

I have pretty short hair. The back is basically shaved, and the longest section is the front, which is probably 3-4 inches swept across my forehead. Everything else is about 2 inches or shorter. I love it and never want long hair again. My hairdresser kept double-checking with me before she cut it all off. It wasn't that long to start out with, just chin-length. I look weird with long hair. I had a Dorothy Hammill bob from ages 5-12. :-(

this is basically what I have now after having it chin length or longer for my whole life and holy crud is it great. I was able to drive with the window open and not worry about my hair getting in my eyes

short hair crew :hf:

toe knee hand posted:

I like your cat a lot

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

short hair is the coolest hair. I've never really had long shiny beautiful hair though and that's what I'm going for right now. It is more work to make it shiny and pretty when it's long though :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I really don't like cats. That means there's probably something wrong with me but I really don't mind all that much.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

detectivemonkey posted:

Short hair chat:

I have pretty short hair. The back is basically shaved, and the longest section is the front, which is probably 3-4 inches swept across my forehead. Everything else is about 2 inches or shorter. I love it and never want long hair again. My hairdresser kept double-checking with me before she cut it all off. It wasn't that long to start out with, just chin-length. I look weird with long hair. I had a Dorothy Hammill bob from ages 5-12. :-(

This is pretty much my haircut, except the front is still long enough to get in my eyes if I don't pin it down. :argh: I love it though and really don't want long hair ever again either.

No questions about sexuality though, although I used to get that a lot when I had long hair weirdly enough. My boyfriend's hair is long though, so maybe people still know I'm straight and just reverse the genders. :v:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I keep my hair fairly short because I can't stand to maintain longer hair. My hair is mostly straight, but with just enough of a wave in it to look unbrushed.

I haven't had anyone openly ask me about my sexuality because of it, but when my fiancé first saw a photo of my pixie cut from high school, he said it made me look like a lesbian. I had a short bob at the time, but now I'm back to sort of a pixie cut with long bangs. It's getting too long now, cause I have to sweep the bangs our of my eyes. I'm thinking of trimming the bangs myself.

All this time(up until a few years ago), I was afraid of looking like a lesbian, yet at the age of 26 I came out as bi.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i was called the biggest lesbian in my huge university theatre group because of my pink pixie cut, and the only people i'd come out to were the women i'd slept with (lol) and my mother. didn't gently caress anyone in the theatre group either, i think there were about threee queer women in all. now that i have long hair i apparently don't look anything like a queer and have been advised to do something about that by straight men.

i came out relatively late too, i told my mum at 21. maybe it's a bi thing, i dunno. it's so easy to try to pass off the queerness as a phase when you're also able to be attracted to the opposite sex. it doesn't help that mainstream queer culture is really dismissive of bi and gender-variant sexualities

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
:cripes: at what age do people get outta high school jesus christ

last night, out with the bf and his friend rob joined us. rob is a nice guy but not the most socially apt. i was wearing a lower cut top - not inappropriately low but low - and Rob mentioned how much he REALLY liked my shirt while obviously staring down it. now if i'm wearing a low cut top i know guys are gonna look but don't SAY it christ that's weird and creepy. boyfriend took offense and now they're fighting and i'm like man guys it's okay just apologize for the inappropriate comment but don't fuckin fight about it we're all adults here because bf is going on about how he's gonna kick rob's rear end and whatever

boys. swear to god.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

i was called the biggest lesbian in my huge university theatre group because of my pink pixie cut, and the only people i'd come out to were the women i'd slept with (lol) and my mother. didn't gently caress anyone in the theatre group either, i think there were about threee queer women in all. now that i have long hair i apparently don't look anything like a queer and have been advised to do something about that by straight men.

i came out relatively late too, i told my mum at 21. maybe it's a bi thing, i dunno. it's so easy to try to pass off the queerness as a phase when you're also able to be attracted to the opposite sex. it doesn't help that mainstream queer culture is really dismissive of bi and gender-variant sexualities

Yeah, I didn't think anything of it because I was attracted to dudes, so therefore, gay stuff doesn't apply to me.

Of course, my major hang up was vaginas. And since I went most of my life believing that vaginas were gross, disgusting things, of course I could never think I could possibly be attracted to women.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Women's Rights? posted:

last night, out with the bf and his friend rob joined us. rob is a nice guy but not the most socially apt. i was wearing a lower cut top - not inappropriately low but low - and Rob mentioned how much he REALLY liked my shirt while obviously staring down it. now if i'm wearing a low cut top i know guys are gonna look but don't SAY it christ that's weird and creepy. boyfriend took offense and now they're fighting and i'm like man guys it's okay just apologize for the inappropriate comment but don't fuckin fight about it we're all adults here because bf is going on about how he's gonna kick rob's rear end and whatever

boys. swear to god.

if your bf doesn't kick robs rear end then he's failed you as a bf and you'll dump him for a more powerful bf.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

boom boom boom posted:

if your bf doesn't kick robs rear end then he's failed you as a bf and you'll dump him for a more powerful bf.

yeah man, you gotta let your bf fight other bfs so he can absorb their power and level up.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
but he doesn't have to fight, just peacock it up and drop some sick negs to reassert his dominance to show me that he can care for me and my young, as a female this is very important to me

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
slip him a note saying 'hey baby if you tell me that you'd only fight for me if i lost ten kilos i'll be yours for life', then jiggle your boobies and wink

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Fruity Gordo posted:

slip him a note saying 'hey baby if you tell me that you'd only fight for me if i lost ten kilos i'll be yours for life', then jiggle your boobies and wink

not enough door pointing for me, if he doesn't point at the door how am I supposed to freak out at the thought of him LEAVING ME FOREVER OH GOD HAVE ALL THE BLOWJOBS JUST DON'T LEEEEEAVE MEEEEEE

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i have a rule in relationships with men where i am more than happy to give bjs and serve as a penis receptacle but if i feel like there's not enough muff diving or orgasms happening i just go on sexual strike. i once went out with a guy who thought he was fooling me but put so little effort into cunnilingus that one night i finally bopped him on the head and told him to get the gently caress out of my flat and never come back

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Women's Rights? posted:

boys. swear to god.

guys have a really, REALLY hard time figuring out that literal fighting is rarely the answer to modern problems

I remember once my brother had a hissy fit about how I never let him help when he offered to FIGHT to help, ungrateful bitch, but I was having problems being bullied by a teacher so how would fighting help here exactly

I guess he could have beaten the gently caress out of some random spud for my pleasure, but that wouldn't have made me feel completely better

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Get a vajazzle to make it a less intimidating place to visit

Perhaps some wind chimes and choral music

Carecat fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 27, 2013

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 11, 2014

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Guys that get into physical fights are idiots and if a dude I was dating got in one it'd be a deal-breaker, there's only a good reason 1% of the time

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Obligatory Toast posted:

I'll call my cat shithead whenever the gently caress i please, you nazi.

this doesnt contradict what i said in the least

Donkay NOoo posted:

Guys that get into physical fights are idiots and if a dude I was dating got in one it'd be a deal-breaker, there's only a good reason 1% of the time

sometimes you just gotta fight your best bro its kinda fun until somebody breaks a nose

Donkay NOoo posted:

short hair is the coolest hair.

truth

Carecat posted:

Get a vajazzle to make it a less intimidating place to visit

Perhaps some wind chimes and choral music

was gonna emptyquote this but i'll just put it here to save time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

poopkitty posted:

Ahhhhh. As an expert in all things male, yes they do want to have sex with you and if you were into chicks they would appreciate it if you brought your friend too.

Glad I could clear this up.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 27, 2013

• Locked thread