Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Bit unfair on Wales since by far the two biggest teams there don't play in the domestic league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Corrode posted:

Bit unfair on Wales since by far the two biggest teams there don't play in the domestic league.

Make that the four biggest teams in fact

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TraderStav posted:

As a life-long resident of the greater Detroit area, I approve of that shirt.

Thank god

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
remember Michael Knighton? he tried to take over Man Utd in the 80s, was exposed as a bit of a fantastist, then actually took over Carlisle United and was a genuine contender for the worst chairman in British history?

he's a poet now

http://michaelknighton.co.uk/no-state-surrender/

quote:

You Have Hoovered Up All Intellectual Life From Every Fibre Of My Being. Sucked At My Soul Until My Heart Bleeds, Drunk In The Last Of My Blood Like Some Ancient Mythical Vampire. Left Me, Here, With A Nothingness, A Darkness – Where Not Even The Blind Can See. A Head Full Of Hugger Mugger Muddle And A Pen Dry Of Creative Tropes, And, Eyes With Over Stretched, Worn Out Trochlear Nerves And A Psyche On The Brink Of Insanity. And For What? Because I Would Not, Will Not, Kowtow To Your All-Embracing Will. Your Crushing Need For Control, Your Unquenchable Thirst For Data About Me.

I Refuse To Bow To Your Cravings, To Your Gargantuan Ego. Your Monumental Sense Of Power And Control, I Will Not Worship At The Altar Of Conceit And Bureaucratic Hubris. You Will Not Shackle Me With Your Desires; You Will Not Conquer My Spirit. You Will Not Lumber Me With Your Cold Rusting Ball And Chain – 0r Drown Out My Conscience In A Mountain Of Brown Manila Paper – To Flood My Bronchial Tubes With Regulation Sludge – To Suffocate And Choke My Last Breath From My Tired Screaming Lungs. There Will Be No Surrender.

At Least Not From This Human Citizen.A Survivor, Who Refuses To Become A Robotic Cog, A Number, And A Member Of Planet Zog. A Human Being Born Of A Land Where Once She Was The Mother Of Liberty. A Passionate Citizen That Would Rather Consume Recently Evacuated Dog Excrement That Clings To A Broken Stick, Swarming In Fat Blue-Bottle Flies ( It Tastes Better) – Than For Me To Surrender To The Machine With Its Data Induced Robotic, Door Knocking ‘Civil Servants’ Of The Grasping Thieving Monolithic State. Or The Secret Eavesdropping On My Email , My Telephone Calls , My Faxes , My Thoughts , My Blogger , My Twitter, My Heart, My Soul, My Everything

You Will Not Throttle Me With The Trillion Miles Of Your Endless Red Tape That You So Expertly Exercise Your Fetish For Human Bondage. But What Of My Land- The Land Of My Birth? My Once Proud Country Who Has Not So Much As Sleep-Walked But More Like Sprint Raced, Wide Eyed Into A Raging Nightmare Of State Control. That Once Magnificent Sleeping Lion That Would, Like Me, Never Have Surrendered . She Who Was Happy To Show The World A Guiding Light Of Civility And Freedom. Now, A Fire Quenched, Dead. Surrendered To Third Rate Zoo Keepers With Tenth Rate Minds? I Fear She, Too, Is Lost In The Quagmire Of Diktats And Rendered Impotent Along With The Rest Of Her Once So Gallant And Brave People Whom Have En Masse So Weakly, So Dunderheadedly, So Hopelessly, So Inexplicably Succumbed To The Faceless Machine Which Now Governs Their Every Move Their Every Thought, Their Very Existence

Oh Mr. Blair – Author Of 1984 You Were Too Gentle With Your Allegorical, Mixed Metaphors – Whilst Your Power Crazed Namesake Prime Minister, Antony Blair Is/Was Far Too Delusional And Tyrannical Even For The Pages Of Your Most Famous Work. Oh, Please I Pray, Angels Of Freedom, Gather Up Your Bow And Mount Your Chariots Of Fire Before The Remaining Flickering Ember Flames Of Light Are Extinguished Forever. Stir Up Your Passion And May Your Heart Bleed With Patriotism To Bring On The Last Stand Revolution!! And Hail Freedom!! Hail, Hail And Thrice Hail Freedom. That Is What I Say To Deny The Evils Of The All Embracing, All Consuming, All Demanding, All Controlling Twenty First Century UK State. Let The Blind See, At Last – And Cry, Frrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeedoooooooooooommmmmm!!!!!!!!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Frrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeedoooooooooooommmmmm!!!!!!!!

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
a fun game to play is to go through it line by line and divide it into Muse lyrics and Morrissey song titles

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

I've never bothered to look where the Faroe Islands are before, why don't they belong to England?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
^ Cup tied?

Some Benfica supporters decided to troll their tiny daughter for some reason by giving her a Porto shirt.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Blue Screen Error posted:

I've never bothered to look where the Faroe Islands are before, why don't they belong to England?
The Norwegians used to own Orkney I don't know why we took them back tbh

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Too scared of Vikings.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

This is so ownage and so :3:

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Girls there are too pretty

JunkDeluxe fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 28, 2013

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

gross. just gross.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Chris de Sperg posted:

The Norwegians used to own Orkney I don't know why we took them back tbh

You can say the same thing about everything north of the Danelaw tbh.

Harry Redknapp chats to an abusive fan in the stands before sending him on as a substitute in a pre-season friendly. Full story here, well worth a read.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Lmao just seen Aaron Lennon's twitter picture

https://twitter.com/Aaron7Lennon

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Why does Rio need to be well rested to be sat in the stands wearing a big puffy coat and trainers?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Shrapnac posted:

Why does Rio need to be well rested to be sat in the stands wearing a big puffy coat and trainers?

Because he #LoveTheGame so drat much.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnac posted:

"I'm still relevant! :ohdear:"

I hope he's not fuckin starting against Spurs, just what we'd need with how they're playing now is the slowest CB in the league who doesn't realise he's slow now.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
That picture is from last year.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ayb posted:

My point stands.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Just the first 30 seconds, seems pertinent after this weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnUunKvEbu8

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

ayb posted:

Yeah I was gonna say

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
e: dumb as Ferdinand.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I am OK posted:

Wait, didnt he say the exact same thing last year too?

I only saw it tweeted today. Oh well.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

TV Golo have put together a nice review of the finer moments of football in 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvOcxk1GTCo

(Mute the video, contains awful soundtrack)

JingleBells fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 30, 2013

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
what is that 2nd gif?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Its some guy getting slide tackled.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

oliwan posted:

what is that 2nd gif?

Lars Jacobsen from FC Copenhagen slide tackling Peter Møller, which also played for FC Copenhagen before he became a sports anchor.
This was the match after FC Copenhagen won the league last year.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

JingleBells posted:

TV Golo have put together a nice review of the finer moments of football in 2013

Holy poo poo dubstep "Wrecking Ball" within seconds. Sweet video, shame about the music :/

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

JingleBells posted:

this is one hell of a pro click

happy new year everyone

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

BT showed this and ignored Newcastle who would be second

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Scott Bakula posted:

i'm more interested in the 'big twenty' league tbh. It's basically the prem only remove cardiff and throw leeds in.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Scott Bakula posted:

They arent part of the big seven

It'd be like including Southampton

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Big seven is pretty ridiculous really

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Scott Bakula posted:

Big seven is pretty ridiculous really

The only "big" teams are the ones that have actually won the Premiership: Arsenal, United, City and Chelsea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

CaptainRightful posted:

The only "big" teams are the ones that have actually won the Premiership: Arsenal, United, City and Chelsea.

lol

• Locked thread