Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

ChlamydiaJones posted:

You and me both my friend. Aurora city council is rocking this even though they want to restrict the number of shops. I think they just want to contribute SOMETHING so they don't look like sock puppets. I must remember to scout out a January 1 shop though!

Kevlar cigarette cases, so you can toke on the go without breaking an AR-15 induced sweat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

SWITCH HITLER posted:

Kevlar cigarette cases, so you can toke on the go without breaking an AR-15 induced sweat.

I'm actually mostly excited for edibles. I want a shop with a clean professional kitchen making the stuff I buy. Not to disparage my friends who cook, but I'd rather buy from a shop food I am going to ingest. Smoking doesn't really appeal to me as my job as a singer is really contingent on clean lungs and good vocal chords. Plus the "head high" that I get from smoking isn't really enjoyable for me, either.

Twelve more days!

19 o'clock fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 20, 2013

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

19 o'clock posted:

I'm actually mostly excited for edibles. I want a shop with a clean professional kitchen making the stuff I buy. Not to disparage my friends who cook, but I'd rather buy from a shop food I am going to ingest. Smoking doesn't really appeal to me as my job as a singer is really contingent on clean lungs and good vocal chords. Plus the "head high" that I get from smoking isn't really enjoyable for me, either.

Twelve more days!
You may be surprised at the quality of edibles already being produced in CO. I have a friend who cooks edibles of all sorts; candies, baked goods, even pasta sauce and salad dressing! He used to be a head chef at Rodizio Grill.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

NathanScottPhillips posted:

You may be surprised at the quality of edibles already being produced in CO. I have a friend who cooks edibles of all sorts; candies, baked goods, even pasta sauce and salad dressing! He used to be a head chef at Rodizio Grill.

Do edibles manufacturers need to go through some health inspection? If they're selling packaged foods for consumption off premises I would think that would bring them under the jurisdiction of the FDA from a food safety standpoint, which is likely to cause other problems. How does that work?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

ChlamydiaJones posted:

Aurora city council is rocking this even though they want to restrict the number of shops.
every municipality is restricting the number of shops

KernelSlanders posted:

Do edibles manufacturers need to go through some health inspection?
Yes, there are many health regulations and an inspections process already put in place by the state of Colorado for both medical and retail productions

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 21, 2013

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

TenementFunster posted:

Yes, there are many health regulations and an inspections process already put in place by the state of Colorado for both medical and retail productions

Exactly what I'm after. What I get from my friends is great, but I'd prefer a dedicated FDA inspected kitchen for something I'm going to consume on the regular.

Pasta sauce and salad dressing? Really? That sounds awesome!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

19 o'clock posted:

Exactly what I'm after. What I get from my friends is great, but I'd prefer a dedicated FDA inspected kitchen for something I'm going to consume on the regular.

Pasta sauce and salad dressing? Really? That sounds awesome!

Yeah, basically if you can make something from butter or oil (infused with weed, respectively), you can make it a magic edible.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

19 o'clock posted:

Check the Colorado Department of Revenue's Marijuana Enforcement Division website if you're really interested. They have all the finals regulations for marijuana products manufacturers posted, which seems to mirror the regulations for existing medical products manufacturers

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

19 o'clock posted:

Just to clarify here, the FDA doesn't perform inspections of local restaurant kitchens. That's handled by local or county administrative departments, which may make use of FDA-provided guidelines. That means there's not going to be issues where the a federal agency is having to deal with certifying a local restaurant or bakery that is using marijuana in its food, but you're not getting "FDA inspected" safety, you're getting inspections based on Colorado (or wherever) laws and agencies.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Just to clarify here, the FDA doesn't perform inspections of local restaurant kitchens. That's handled by local or county administrative departments, which may make use of FDA-provided guidelines. That means there's not going to be issues where the a federal agency is having to deal with certifying a local restaurant or bakery that is using marijuana in its food, but you're not getting "FDA inspected" safety, you're getting inspections based on Colorado (or wherever) laws and agencies.

Oh yeah, I know that one. Still going to be lightyears ahead of a guy named Weird Eric working out of his apartment.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Sir Kodiak posted:

you're not getting "FDA inspected" safety, you're getting inspections based on Colorado (or wherever) laws and agencies.
which mirror the regulations used for the production of non-weed-based foodstuffs. they aim to be just as safe as any other bakery or restaurant

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Apparently, there will be a grand total of 8 retail marijuana stores opening on New Year's Day, along with 30 growers and four infused product manufacturers...although it looks like many many more will follow shortly after.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/370604/339/Pot-sellers-prepare-for-Jan-1

9news posted:

DENVER - Denver will begin issuing retail marijuana licenses to businesses.

The Department of Excise and Licenses will issue the first licenses beginning at 8 a.m. Friday in a government step that clears the way for marijuana stores to open Jan. 1.

Denver is one of 19 municipalities and seven counties that will allow retail sales of pot to those 21 and older under voter approved Amendment 64.

Denver officials say 42 businesses have cleared the state and city legal hurdles to open New Year's Day. Of those businesses, eight are retail shops, 30 are growers and four are infused product manufacturers.

The state's Marijuana Enforcement Division has approved 348 marijuana business licenses in Colorado, but most won't be open Wednesday because of local licensing requirements.

Colorado residents 21 and up can buy one ounce of weed. If you're from out of state, a quarter of an ounce can only be purchased.

EDIT: Upon re-reading the article, it's not entirely clear (to me) whether there will be 8 retail stores statewide, or if that's just in Denver. I'll keep looking.

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 27, 2013

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Looks like 8 in Denver will be the early bloomers, others have been approved on the state level, but not the local level, so they won't be able to open until a later date.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Maroon Hawk posted:

EDIT: Upon re-reading the article, it's not entirely clear (to me) whether there will be 8 retail stores statewide, or if that's just in Denver. I'll keep looking.
Just Denver. A complete list of entities issued a license in time for Jan 1 operation will be posted by 5pm MST here: http://www.denvergov.org/businesslicensing/DenverBusinessLicensingCenter/RetailMarijuana/tabid/445028/Default.aspx

Here is a the list of applicants: http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/193384971?width=980

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Apparently, there will be a grand total of 8 retail marijuana stores opening on New Year's Day, along with 30 growers and four infused product manufacturers...although it looks like many many more will follow shortly after.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/370604/339/Pot-sellers-prepare-for-Jan-1

Wow, this is incredibly exciting! I feel like the world I wake up to on January 1st will be pretty different from the world before in these ways.

It really does look like a Brave New World in the battle for legalized weed in the US!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

Just Denver. A complete list of entities issued a license in time for Jan 1 operation will be posted by 5pm MST here: http://www.denvergov.org/businesslicensing/DenverBusinessLicensingCenter/RetailMarijuana/tabid/445028/Default.aspx

Here is a the list of applicants: http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/193384971?width=980

Gotcha. Since this is on the City of Denver's website, I assume this map won't include anything outside the Denver area? (I'm in Greeley and trying to figure out if anyone up here will be open on the 1st; at least one dispensary in town has been issued a license but hasn't said if they'll be open on the 1st or not)

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Gotcha. Since this is on the City of Denver's website, I assume this map won't include anything outside the Denver area? (I'm in Greeley and trying to figure out if anyone up here will be open on the 1st; at least one dispensary in town has been issued a license but hasn't said if they'll be open on the 1st or not)
hahahahaha sorry pal but Greeley and the rest of Weld County (and practically every other red county in the state) banned retail sales the second they could. you'll have to make the drive to Denver for the foreseeable future. Fort Collins doesn't even allow it yet. check that second link I posted. notice how 90% of the list is Denver, and the rest is predominately ski towns?

move out of redneck colorado, dude.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
http://medicalmarijuanabreckenridge.com/amendment-64/

This is my local shop. It is three blocks from my apartment. I buy tea from the shop downstairs. I am excited to consolidate my shopping trips.

Edit: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151773212492251&set=a.10151726566847251.1073741825.299470537250&type=1&theater

Very official despite the fact that local law will prohibit retail locations on Main Street. This location close to where I live will have until September 1 to move unless amendments are passed in the coming year. It sucks because they have been local leaders in doing marijuana business right and are now falling due to legislation. We have three liquor stores downtown, presently.

We are restricted to purchasing up to 1 ounce of marijuana at a transaction. I don't know about y'all, but to me that is a LOT of marijuana.

19 o'clock fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 28, 2013

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

hahahahaha sorry pal but Greeley and the rest of Weld County (and practically every other red county in the state) banned retail sales the second they could. you'll have to make the drive to Denver for the foreseeable future. Fort Collins doesn't even allow it yet. check that second link I posted. notice how 90% of the list is Denver, and the rest is predominately ski towns?

Wait, the list of approved recreational retail shops (in your second link) shows two in Garden City, which is right next to Greeley (one's actually listed in Greeley for some reason but it advertises as being in Garden City, don't know why) and Garden City is in Weld County. It also shows one in Fort Collins. You're right that Greeley did, though. And that one's pretty recent...

EDIT: I guess those ones could've been issued state licenses, but not municipal ones, since you have to get licenses from both.

quote:

move out of redneck colorado, dude.

The day I graduate, if not sooner.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

TheRamblingSoul posted:

Wow, this is incredibly exciting! I feel like the world I wake up to on January 1st will be pretty different from the world before in these ways.

It really does look like a Brave New World in the battle for legalized weed in the US!

I wholly approve of this post. :2bong:

It's like the first few pebbles presaging an avalanche.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Wait, the list of approved recreational retail shops (in your second link) shows two in Garden City, which is right next to Greeley (one's actually listed in Greeley for some reason but it advertises as being in Garden City, don't know why) and Garden City is in Weld County. It also shows one in Fort Collins. You're right that Greeley did, though. And that one's pretty recent...

EDIT: I guess those ones could've been issued state licenses, but not municipal ones, since you have to get licenses from both.

The day I graduate, if not sooner.
I haven't heard of the city before, but it looks like Garden City is going to be the Manitou Springs of northern Colorado in that it's a "green" spot surrounded by numerous "dry" cities and counties. I don't know if they will be open Jan 1, but it seems Garden City was one of the earliest places allowing retail sales, behind Denver and Boulder. I'm sure both places on the list from Garden City are getting hundreds of calls a day to the effect of "WHEN Y'ALL GONNA BE OPEN?"

also the list can't just include places that have a state permit but not a county/muni permit as the A64 regs require entities to get the OK from the local jurisdiction before the state will even process a retail sales application.

edit: hahaha I just looked up garden city on Wikipedia - it's 0.1sq miles with ~ 350 residents and completely surrounded by the city of Greeley. bold move, guys.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
"Garden City" indeed.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

edit: hahaha I just looked up garden city on Wikipedia - it's 0.1sq miles with ~ 350 residents and completely surrounded by the city of Greeley. bold move, guys.

Not only that: "Garden City was founded in 1935 as a base for saloons and liquor stores serving residents of nearby Greeley, which was then a dry city." Keep that tradition goin', guys!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

showbiz_liz posted:

Not only that: "Garden City was founded in 1935 as a base for saloons and liquor stores serving residents of nearby Greeley, which was then a dry city." Keep that tradition goin', guys!
hahahahah I'm shedding a tear for America right now :911:

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

"Those who forget history are doomedhave the pleasure to repeat it."

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yeah Garden City is, for all intents and purposes, a part of Greeley. The mayor actually cited the city's origins as a speakeasy town in his explanation to allow recreational pot sales. They'll get plenty of business from the college student/grad population here, smoking is widespread enough among that demographic that I'm somewhat caught off guard when I meet someone that doesn't smoke.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Greeley is such a shithole. It's the worst part of Colorado by far. Hell even the podunk 500 people towns near the Kansas border have more character and charm than Greeley. Whenever people start bitching about how terrible Pueblo or wherever is I just say "oh man you haven't been to Greeley yet have you"?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

Greeley is such a shithole. It's the worst part of Colorado by far. Hell even the podunk 500 people towns near the Kansas border have more character and charm than Greeley. Whenever people start bitching about how terrible Pueblo or wherever is I just say "oh man you haven't been to Greeley yet have you"?

Yep, I'm planning on moving to Denver as soon as possible after I graduate.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Surely the gas and time to get down and back is going to eventually be much less than you were spending getting illegal weed before anyway.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Install Windows posted:

Surely the gas and time to get down and back is going to eventually be much less than you were spending getting illegal weed before anyway.

Oh, I'm moving for plenty of other reasons, I didn't even consider this an issue until I had already made up my mind. It'll just be a nice perk :)

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
This is what is posted at the local shop.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Don't smoke in public! Remember, it's still a dirty shameful thing that LOSERS do!!!!

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Warchicken posted:

Don't smoke in public! Remember, it's still a dirty shameful thing that LOSERS do!!!!

To be perfectly honest, even as a former smoker, I would rather people consume their intoxicants in a home or at a bar. if I was walking down the street and saw a guy plugging away at a fifth I'd be a little concerned about the neighborhood i just walked into.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Install Windows posted:

Do we know if this is true though? There's a "no price talk" rule in TCC, but perhaps it would be appropriate to the discussion here as a comparison to the black market? Even without black market price comparisons, do we have a general idea of what costs for retail consumers will be in January?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Full Battle Rattle posted:

To be perfectly honest, even as a former smoker, I would rather people consume their intoxicants in a home or at a bar. if I was walking down the street and saw a guy plugging away at a fifth I'd be a little concerned about the neighborhood i just walked into.
Yeah but generally, are drinking-in-public laws used against people literally stumbling down Main St with a fifth, or people stoop drinking? Same goes for smoking-in-public laws.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Inspector Hound posted:

Do we know if this is true though? There's a "no price talk" rule in TCC, but perhaps it would be appropriate to the discussion here as a comparison to the black market? Even without black market price comparisons, do we have a general idea of what costs for retail consumers will be in January?

There's always weedmaps.com

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Inspector Hound posted:

That's why I said "eventually", not "right now".

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Install Windows posted:

That's why I said "eventually", not "right now".
I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath. medical prices have mirrored black market prices up here since always. I've heard from friends with medical cards that quality of the medical stuff is superior as is selection, but price hasn't come down as much as should be expected. retail sales might change that but I doubt it.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Warchicken posted:

Drinking in public is still considered a fairly anti-social behavior and is, generally speaking, also illegal. If the liquor store across the street from me had people drinking on the sidewalk out front, I'd be pretty annoyed at that, too. There is also no sensible way in which one would inadvertently ingest second hand alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Yeah but generally, are drinking-in-public laws used against people literally stumbling down Main St with a fifth, or people stoop drinking? Same goes for smoking-in-public laws.

This has been settled in [Denver] Colorado at least; they found it legal for you to smoke cannabis on your porch or in your front yard.

• Locked thread