Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think my favorite lego acquisition today was the small creator train in my stocking. Yet another microscale set that owns bones. Thinking of buying a few more of them and building a few cars for it to tow around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Got the Dolphin Cruiser for the daughter. She's pretty excited about that. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the dolphins. Laser jetpacks or something.

Does anyone know when Walmarts are supposed to open? I have a mighty need to put armloads of discounted LEGO into a cart.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

xzzy posted:

I think my favorite lego acquisition today was the small creator train in my stocking. Yet another microscale set that owns bones. Thinking of buying a few more of them and building a few cars for it to tow around.

The trains are great little sets. The caboose needs some MOC work to look better though.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

i81icu812 posted:

The trains are great little sets. The caboose needs some MOC work to look better though.

That was supposed to be a caboose? When we got those in I thought the whole thing was adorable, but was baffled by what looked like a futuristic locomotive or tank car.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah I thought that third option was supposed to be a bullet stean train or something. :iiam:

There's enough pieces in there that I think a few variants of trailer cars is possible. I guess the only downside is that shade of green they use is kind of rare (this is the first set I've had with it anyways) so MOC-ing it up might be a little bit tough. But on the other hand trains are rarely color coordinated so other random shades would work just as well.

The only real downside is my local lego store had those wheels in pick-a-brick a few months ago and I avoided grabbing any because I was all "pfft I always make spaceships, why would I need wheels?"

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Got myself 42009 with a little help from a friend (thanks friend). Took about 15 man-hours to get the sucker built (oh god my fingertips).

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

My cousin is awesome! He gave me a few pieces he custom printed and I can't wait to use them!

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

xzzy posted:

Yeah I thought that third option was supposed to be a bullet stean train or something. :iiam:

There's enough pieces in there that I think a few variants of trailer cars is possible. I guess the only downside is that shade of green they use is kind of rare (this is the first set I've had with it anyways) so MOC-ing it up might be a little bit tough. But on the other hand trains are rarely color coordinated so other random shades would work just as well.

The only real downside is my local lego store had those wheels in pick-a-brick a few months ago and I avoided grabbing any because I was all "pfft I always make spaceships, why would I need wheels?"

A bullet train... with a cow catcher? Whatever hits that is going to be in for a world of hurt!

Yeah the engine is great, the cars are quite nice, but the third model seems like an after thought. Oh well.

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 26, 2013

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

For Christmas I got Battle of Hoth, CLS-89 Eradicator Mech, and Star Wars Visual Dictionary. Pretty happy with my lego haul, especially the Visual Dictionary since it completes my set of ceremonial Han, Leia and Luke. The Galaxy Squad mech will look good on my shelf and I'm a sucker for mechs. I love Star Wars OT so Battle of Hoth is nice, especially since it's retiring soon.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Everyone knows not to support my addiction... :smith:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

For the first time since my family discovered I got back into Lego, I had a Lego-lite Christmas this year. It didn't help that this was a limited-buys-for-adults Christmas this year (we're saving for a family reunion next summer), though. I got the Coruscant/Assault Ship set and a Lego luggage tag.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My wife said she spent quite a lot of time trying to find something "awesome" from lego and there just wasn't a big must have this year. I mean there's the modulars which are pretty badass but that's not really my style. Most lists are still recommending stuff like the VW bus as "must get gifts for lego fans" which I received two years ago when it was new.

Not that I'm unhappy, it just means instead of getting a massive six hour build I got a pile of 20 minute builds stuffed with awesome pieces I already want to try using in other ways.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

I got the Tower of Orthanc from my girlfriend, made even more special considering how god drat expensive it is here in Australia.
Can't wait to go back home and start building it. It's by far the biggest set I've ever had.

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!
My fiancée and I got each other LEGO this year! Can't wait to build once our fingers recover from all the cooking in the past 2 days. :)

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

KracKiwi posted:

My fiancée and I got each other LEGO this year! Can't wait to build once our fingers recover from all the cooking in the past 2 days. :)

That boat is pretty fuckin baller.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Hunted all over town for a few hours today and did not come across a single discounted Lego set at all, by this time last year I was finding set 50+% off, I just hope the stores are a bit late on the discounts and they are coming in the next few days.

I did surprisingly see set 7075 Alien Mothership at Toy R Us today for $49.99, I thought that set was retired and no longer on the shelves, must have been a few in the back. I am going to have to keep a eye on that set, wouldn't mind seeing it go for a discounted price and pick one up.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Target (toowoomba Australia) had the shelves pretty much picked clean during the Boxing Day sales. No specials either. I guess they must have moved enough sets leading up to Christmas that they don't need to clear anything out yet?

Myer had BOGO 60% off but that might have been yesterday only.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got some neat minifigure sets I'd never seen before for Christmas, apparently they're the Bricktober Toys R Us minifigure exclusives. Also got the Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze set, but I'd already gotten it. So if anyone has any of the DC/Marvel sets and wants to trade for this Batman set, shoot me a PM.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

PriorMarcus posted:

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all got plenty of Lego!

Wife got me the Lone Ranger train set. She knew I'd been coveting it.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I got the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van and it's awesome. Took me like five hours to build, and the interior is fully detailed. The seat even folds down into a bed, and there's a gearshift and a little cabinet mirror and the canopy pops up and aaaaaa it's so good

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The beetle is even better. :v:

Unless you have a phobia of 2x2 corner plates.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

xzzy posted:

The beetle is even better. :v:

Unless you have a phobia of 2x2 corner plates.

Beetle?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10187-1 :science:

(it looks better in person)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Saint Sputnik posted:

Wife got me the Lone Ranger train set. She knew I'd been coveting it.

Haven't opened it yet but I'm hoping I can stick the little red caboose from the Toy Story train at the end. :3:

riversarl
Nov 11, 2012
So this was found in a Lego Movie book:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Blues/MMLS/ll-929.png

HOLY MOLY. PLEASE be an official summer set!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh gently caress. :monocle:

LL 929 printed bricks, yes please.

And all those glorious blue pieces.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

Oh gently caress. :monocle:

LL 929 printed bricks, yes please.

And all those glorious blue pieces.

So want that ship.
I'm guessing that the LL 929 labels will end up being stickers

InsanityRocks
Oct 28, 2006
I'm a rocker . . I'm a roller too baby!

The rear end Stooge posted:

I got the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van and it's awesome. Took me like five hours to build, and the interior is fully detailed. The seat even folds down into a bed, and there's a gearshift and a little cabinet mirror and the canopy pops up and aaaaaa it's so good

cant wait to get started on mine, planned on buying it after xmas but mommy insanityrocks surprised the hell out of me

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Maneuvering thrusters!
Corrugated thrusters!
Clasic Space panels!
Oh man, the only thing that would make that model any cooler would be those smooth-rounded jet thruster pieces.

JohnnyCanuck fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 28, 2013

riversarl
Nov 11, 2012
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/11599705254/in/photostream/

Complete with Unikitty Astrokitty! What a love letter to Classic Space.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My nephew has zero interest in LEGO, which was sad for him this xmas as he is at the age where Lego is the default gift for a boy. My niece was hyped as hell to get three more Friends sets though, even if one did turn out to be a crappy bootleg!

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
My yearly LEGO Christmas gift was the Shuttle Expedition. I've wanted this set since it was first released, and it's every bit as amazing as I thought it'd be.

The final thing stands over 17 inches tall, and has a wingspan of over 9 inches. It's loving huge!

Here's a full album of the build process: http://imgur.com/a/tswwH

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

riversarl posted:

Looks great, and also expensive

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Does it have the Canadarm in it?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Szymanski posted:

Looks great, and also expensive

Worth it for the blue and grey. :denmark:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Omg that construction mech, will be awesome with pirate mech and firetruck mech. I'm going to be broke with all of these movie sets and the other 2014 sets.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I love the lego movie sets that I have seen so far.

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.
I expected to hate them but I agree. They're all really silly and fun.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

riversarl posted:

Those colors! That helmet! Bought on fuckin' sight.

fake edit: the chinstrap is pre-cracked :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The derpy smile on that space minifig is the best part. :allears:

He's all gently caress YEAH, SPACE!