Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Ockhams Crowbar posted:

I need something to store DVDs in. I'd like to get rid of all of my DVD cases, and have all the discs consolidated into a single container in my TV cabinet. A DVD binder would be practical, but I'd like something that looks a bit more... furniture-y. Something along the lines of a storage box or a nice container to fit individual discs into. I figure we've got about a hundred discs. Any suggestions?

I really like the DiscSox brand. They're really nice imo

http://mmdesign.com/cd-dvd-blu-ray-storage.php

I recently used them to get rid of all the boxes for my games. Thumbs up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Suggested this earlier. Most restaurants can do this if they have a fountain machine that spits out carbonated water or a bar gun, and 9 times out of 10 they don't charge you for it.

Mu Zeta posted:

They should make a Breaking Bad edition with Stevia

Given how things worked out with Stevia in the final episode that might not be the best marketing decision...

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Gyshall posted:

Knockarounds are pretty sweet for the price.

Seconded. Buy a bunch, break/lose them 1 by 1. Rinse...Repeat

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Somebody please recommend a clipper/razor/trimmer for shaving my nutsack. I looked at the Wahl peanut but it doesn't seem to have a body hair attachment. I've been using some cheap Quattro thing but don't feel like replacing any more batteries, would prefer something that plugs in or recharges.

Thanks!

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

The peanut is awesome and I don't believe there is such a thing as nut hair attachments.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Bunk Rogers posted:

The peanut is awesome and I don't believe there is such a thing as nut hair attachments.

Yeah, I'm seeing almost nothing but 5-star reviews, but I'm still not sure how suitable it is for what I want. I'd have to use it with no guides, and from what I've read it isn't easy to clean out.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bunk Rogers posted:

and I don't believe there is such a thing as nut hair attachments.

Bet the first person to patent that sort of attachment would become a loving billionaire. That's "millionaire" with a "b".

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I shave my sack with a straight razor because I'm a loving man.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

PRADA SLUT posted:

I shave my sack with a straight razor because I'm a loving man.

I don't shave my nutsack because I'm a man.

KoB
May 1, 2009
HDMI switcher? Ideally it would just detect when something was on and switch automatically if thats possible.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

1redflag posted:

I don't shave my nutsack because I'm a man.

Tempted to emptyquote this.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Robawesome posted:

Somebody please recommend a clipper/razor/trimmer for shaving my nutsack. I looked at the Wahl peanut but it doesn't seem to have a body hair attachment. I've been using some cheap Quattro thing but don't feel like replacing any more batteries, would prefer something that plugs in or recharges.

Thanks!

Philips Norelco BodyGroom

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-BG2020-31-Norelco-BodyGroom/dp/B000EG8HLE

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

The comments on that are amazing...

Amazon posted:

Groin:

Lets just say the "Bodygroom" is Shaft, Beanbag, and Starfish safe. No nicks or any pain...no worries...that does not mean go in there like a maniac...take your time...

Amazon posted:

Be careful when you trim/shave the shaft...especially the underside cause i took a chunk out!! OUCH>... I haven't tried it in the shower yet especially after nearly giving myself a vasectomy...

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

The comments on that are amazing...

ho....how could you take a chunk out of your shaft with a groomer like that? I don't even know how that's possible!

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.

signalnoise posted:

I really like the DiscSox brand. They're really nice imo

http://mmdesign.com/cd-dvd-blu-ray-storage.php

I recently used them to get rid of all the boxes for my games. Thumbs up

Exactly what I was lookin' for. Awesome, thanks!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Are there any extended-handle trimmers that would let someone shave their back by themselves?

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

KoB posted:

HDMI switcher? Ideally it would just detect when something was on and switch automatically if thats possible.

http://www.amazon.com/MarginMart-Inc-DAZ-HDMI-SW005-01-5-Port-Switch/dp/B001VNHPPS/

I bought that a few months ago, and it does exactly that. It even passes through HDMI CEC assuming both devices support that so that it'll turn your TV on when you turn the device on such as blu-ray player, etc.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Pron on VHS posted:

Are there any extended-handle trimmers that would let someone shave their back by themselves?

Of course.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I want to modify this shoulder strap- http://www.tombihn.com/PROD/TB0505.html to be a guitar strap.

I can't figure out what parts I need for this. Anyone got a suggestion?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

signalnoise posted:

I want to modify this shoulder strap- http://www.tombihn.com/PROD/TB0505.html to be a guitar strap.

I can't figure out what parts I need for this. Anyone got a suggestion?

Hmmm can't give an actual suggestion on how to make it work. Maybe people over in the DIY subforum might be able to give advice.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

BonoMan posted:

ho....how could you take a chunk out of your shaft with a groomer like that? I don't even know how that's possible!

The top and bottom have regular style buzzers. If you get some of that soft skin to fold into the buzzer, you will be in a world of hurt.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

by the Gods....my mom will be so happy to be relieved of duty

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

So in the last year I have either bought or acquired around 160 vinyl albums and I'm looking for a nicer storage solution than what I currently have. Any suggestions?

jacteh
Jul 10, 2007

AK-47 posted:

So in the last year I have either bought or acquired around 160 vinyl albums and I'm looking for a nicer storage solution than what I currently have. Any suggestions?

Ikea Expedit seems popular

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=407370

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

AK-47 posted:

If you're looking for shelves, I also recommend the Ikea Expedit line of shelving units. They're sturdy and cheap, though kind of a pain in the rear end to build. The internal dimensions of an Expedit cube are roughly 13"x13"x15" HxWxD, which just about perfectly fits vinyl albums, giving you about 3/4" room above them for you to get your fingers on them.

Or are you looking for something more along the lines of permanent closed storage, like a DJ case?

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

signalnoise posted:

If you're looking for shelves, I also recommend the Ikea Expedit line of shelving units. They're sturdy and cheap, though kind of a pain in the rear end to build. The internal dimensions of an Expedit cube are roughly 13"x13"x15" HxWxD, which just about perfectly fits vinyl albums, giving you about 3/4" room above them for you to get your fingers on them.

Or are you looking for something more along the lines of permanent closed storage, like a DJ case?

This looks like it will be perfect for the moment, thanks much!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
So, I'm finally obtaining a new computer and need some decent speaker's to go with it, Problem is I only have limited space so a 2.0 system would be fine (I'd consider 2.1 if the speakers are good enough).

I'm mostly going to be using the computer for listening to music(punk,metal,classic rock), some minor recording and playback of guitar, and video editing, I'd be happy to spend anything up to around £60 and would prefer it if they are available from amazon.co.uk.

any ideas Goons?

tThanks in advance!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Here's a ten page thread about computer speaker recommendations: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3444077&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Baldbeard posted:

The top and bottom have regular style buzzers. If you get some of that soft skin to fold into the buzzer, you will be in a world of hurt.

Oh lord that is a bad idea. Do they not come with guards?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

bunnielab posted:

Oh lord that is a bad idea. Do they not come with guards?

They do, the guy must have been using it without a guide for that extra smooth shave.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Gaz2k21 posted:

So, I'm finally obtaining a new computer and need some decent speaker's to go with it, Problem is I only have limited space so a 2.0 system would be fine (I'd consider 2.1 if the speakers are good enough).

I'm mostly going to be using the computer for listening to music(punk,metal,classic rock), some minor recording and playback of guitar, and video editing, I'd be happy to spend anything up to around £60 and would prefer it if they are available from amazon.co.uk.

any ideas Goons?

tThanks in advance!

This is double your budget (but still considered "cheap") but the Audyssey speakers are generall considered the best budget speakers for computers:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audyssey-Lower-East-Media-Speakers/dp/B005FLG3OQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388349865&sr=8-1&keywords=audyssey+speakers

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I'm looking for a recommendation for a wireless webcam. Preferably pretty low-cost, so it doesn't need to be super high resolution or anything. I'll be out of the house a lot more soon and would like to be able to check on my dumb bird while I'm away, but don't have a place near his cage to set up a computer.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I'm looking for a recommendation for a wireless webcam. Preferably pretty low-cost, so it doesn't need to be super high resolution or anything. I'll be out of the house a lot more soon and would like to be able to check on my dumb bird while I'm away, but don't have a place near his cage to set up a computer.

How far away is your computer from his cage? I run a long usb cable that connects to my webcam upstairs.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Baldbeard posted:

I did this once. Never again.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Grrl Anachronism posted:

There is a logitech teleconference thing that looks like kinect, doesnt need a pc.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
There's this camera as well: http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8910W-Network-Camera-Two-Way/dp/B006ZPWS4U

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any recommendations for a good anti fatigue mat?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Gyshall posted:

Any recommendations for a good anti fatigue mat?

You mean a bed?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Robawesome posted:

You mean a bed?

I assume he means a mat you stand on. My old job had them for us. Now I have an office and a chair though so I don't remember if that's what they're called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Robawesome posted:

You mean a bed?

Nah, what jojoinnit said. I'm standing at work 8+ hours a day now, so I'm looking for a decent anti fatigue mat instead of the cheapo one I'm using from Home Depot right now.

• Locked thread