Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Yes the funds will be available on both a 3ds and WiiU with the same NNID

Edit: that'll teach me not to refresh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

morcant posted:

Well hell, that's even better! Thanks for the info. :)

From the 3DS thread, it seems the optimal strategy is buying 3x 35 dollar cards and 1x 20 dollar card for 100 dollars even. Take the 15 dollar gift card you get, and use it to buy a 20 dollar card. 145 Nintendo Funny Money for 101 dollars.

And if you have reward coupons with Best Buy, you can use those too. I ended up getting 145 for 96 bucks. Pretty nice. Or it would be, if I could actually use those to buy games :argh:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Ahahaha the eShop is up for Australians from 8 PM to 8 AM, what are you doing Nintendo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Ahahaha the eShop is up for Australians from 8 PM to 8 AM, what are you doing Nintendo.

NOE flips all our switches for us, that's just how it is.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

deafmute posted:

If you link your NNID between your 3ds and Wii U the balance is shared between the 2. If you spent $100 or more at Best Buy you get a $15 gift card. You could get 2 $50 eShop cards($80) and a $35 one($28) for $108 total then get a $15 gift card back.

I think the best way to take advantage of the deal is to get three $35 cards ($28 each) and one $20 ($16 each) card. It'll put you right at $100 and qualify you for the $15 gift card, which you could then go back into the store and use to grab another $20 card.

Edit: Beaten, should have refreshed before posting.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
To confirm, when is the Best Buy 20% deal good to?

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Louisgod posted:

To confirm, when is the Best Buy 20% deal good to?
12/28 according to their website

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

deafmute posted:

12/28 according to their website

Cool, thanks. I may have to take advantage of that trick assuming it's still valid until tomorrow.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Or if they are low on $35 cards you can also do a 50 + 35 + (2x20) which gives the same amount.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOE flips all our switches for us, that's just how it is.

This particular incident is doing a pretty good job of showing how much of an afterthought we are, though.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Bought Mario Tennis earlier and I just realized the cool features that were unlocked by linking to the N64 won't be available, not unless Nintendo does some work to link the 3DS and Wii U when the eventual N64 version comes out and we all know they won't. :(

Same goes for Mario Golf of course.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Box of Bunnies posted:

This particular incident is doing a pretty good job of showing how much of an afterthought we are, though.

I think people are freaking out about this a little too much. They've shifted the American servers to Japan for twelve hours to accommodate a sudden massive surge in Japanese demand. It's not that America is an afterthought, it's that Japan is going to spend a billion dollars on Pokemon bullshit in the next twelve hours and they need all their resources serving that market.

Sometimes America gets lucky, sometimes Japan. Very occasionally Europe. Today is a Japan day. Roll with it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Sarchasm posted:

I think people are freaking out about this a little too much. They've shifted the American servers to Japan for twelve hours to accommodate a sudden massive surge in Japanese demand. It's not that America is an afterthought, it's that Japan is going to spend a billion dollars on Pokemon bullshit in the next twelve hours and they need all their resources serving that market.

Sometimes America gets lucky, sometimes Japan. Very occasionally Europe. Today is a Japan day. Roll with it.

I thought they took down Pokemon Bank in Japan though?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

He's talking specifically about Australia, which will only be able to access the eShop between 8PM-8AM because it has to conform with whatever's happening in Europe.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The West Coast and Hawaii aren't going to fare much better. It's 1AM to 1PM on the West coast and 11pm to 11am in Hawaii. At least in theory you could buy a bunch of things and let it sit overnight. They really are just focusing on Japan. If they cared about high demand or serving everyone fairly it would be staggered and not Japan 12 hours then the rest of the world 12 hours.

It's just got to be this unified Nintendo Network that is the issue. The US eShop servers would have to be reconfigured entirely unless for some reason they also have all the Japanese games stored on them and can change the region on them at will. The website even specifically mentions the creation of Nintendo Network IDs being the issue. They may have enough server space to run the eShop (Pokemon XY issues cleared up in an hour,) but now everything worldwide authenticates through the one service, including the new Pokebank App, which has to reconnect constantly because only one box at a time can be transferred from the old games.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Dehry posted:

US and Europe are offline at the same time, but going down at 9PM is better than 1PM.

Unless something has changed, thanks to Nintendo of Europe's decision to base themselves in Germany AND their over-conservative implementation of the loving insane German laws to do with the internet, it means that you can't look at any info about / download any content related to games with a rating higher than PEGI 12 (I think you can download PEGI 12 games still right?) so it really depends on what it is you are trying to do.

Box of Bunnies posted:

You could perhaps even describe it as Nintendo's Gallipoli...

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I thought they took down Pokemon Bank in Japan though?

Yep - nowhere is getting an amazing deal out of this (though it does seem that the west coast of the US and Australia are getting the worst deal) - if it weren't for the fact this is a Japanese company, and Nintendo at that, I'd assume this was a colossal fuckup that would be leading to heads rolling but I can't imagine there will be any fall-out.

ookiimarukochan fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 28, 2013

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ookiimarukochan posted:

Unless something has changed, thanks to Nintendo of Europe's decision to base themselves in Germany AND their over-conservative implementation of the loving insane German laws to do with the internet, it means that you can't look at any info about / download any content related to games with a rating higher than PEGI 12 (I think you can download PEGI 12 games still right?) so it really depends on what it is you are trying to do.

I don't know man, Resident Evil is still freely available from the eshop despite it being PEGI 16 (maybe be less of a drama queen and look this poo poo up beforehand).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How's Super Little Acorns 3D turbo? It's pretty cheap right now on the Eshop.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Healbot posted:

I don't know man, Resident Evil is still freely available from the eshop despite it being PEGI 16 (maybe be less of a drama queen and look this poo poo up beforehand).

I think what he means is that there used to be ridiculous restriction that prevented people from downloading any games rated 18+ from the eShop unless it was between 1 AM - 6 PM or so, but I don't think it lasted that long and was ditched a few months back.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

ookiimarukochan posted:

The situation was that you couldn't download PEGI 18 rated games (not PEGI 12 as you remember, which would've been silly, even by German standards) in Nintendo's network services (ie. 3DS and Wii U) except during the night. This changed when German authorities of watsdatname-agency were satisfied enough by Nintendo's built-in parental controls to give Nintendo a go-ahead to sell stuff freely without time restrictions. So there.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kurtofan posted:

How's Super Little Acorns 3D turbo? It's pretty cheap right now on the Eshop.

It's a fun little platformer. You normally can't die (hitting an enemy turns you green and slows you down) so the goal is speed running more than just getting through the level and there is a time to beat for each. There is normal mode and turbo where everything is sped up so it's not bad for replays since turbo has its own set of acorns to earn. Dressing up your squirrel in silly clothes is a nice touch - mine is in a suit, sunglasses, black bowler hat and has a rainbow rope to swing from.

I wouldn't say it's a must buy or anything but you can certainly do much worse.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

The Club Nintendo rewards really hammer it home if you want further evidence.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

alf_pogs posted:

The Club Nintendo rewards really hammer it home if you want further evidence.

I hold out hope that Nintendo will see the light and let me buy old video games with Club Nintendo points some day.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Anyone here put a decent amount of time into Super Street Fighter IV on 3DS? It's on sale on the eShop for $10 and I'm curious.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Kaleidoscope posted:

Anyone here put a decent amount of time into Super Street Fighter IV on 3DS? It's on sale on the eShop for $10 and I'm curious.

If you've played SSF4 on any other console/PC, it's basically like that. Plays the same, looks a little worse but not noticeably so. And of course you're using the 3DS's buttons + L and R, so.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hmm, no NOE PR today, they must be on vacation.

Last week's PR mentioned Mario Tennis (GBC) for the 3DS VC this week, but I can't imagine that's the only thing coming...

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
So no news on Link To The Past and Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NA VC for Wii U?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

DoctorOfLawls posted:

So no news on Link To The Past and Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NA VC for Wii U?

Wouldn't count on knowing that until the day of release. And that probably won't be this week, unfortunately.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I just remembered... the new Chibi Robo game is scheduled for release in NA next week, and they said they'd be releasing a demo beforehand, so I guess you'll be getting that this week, maybe, possibly?

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I just remembered... the new Chibi Robo game is scheduled for release in NA next week, and they said they'd be releasing a demo beforehand, so I guess you'll be getting that this week, maybe, possibly?

Oh man, I forgot about that! I love Chibi-Robo! Is the new one eShop only?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Carbon Thief posted:

Oh man, I forgot about that! I love Chibi-Robo! Is the new one eShop only?
Yes.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I am confused about the game. Is it just that AR photo hunt stuff or is there actual Chibi Robo gameplay in it? I Like the idea of the camera stuff but much more interested in being a small robot who cleans houses.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What time today does Dr. Luigi come out?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Minidust posted:

I just checked the eShop 5 minutes ago and it wasn't up yet.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Vince Videogames posted:

I am confused about the game. Is it just that AR photo hunt stuff or is there actual Chibi Robo gameplay in it? I Like the idea of the camera stuff but much more interested in being a small robot who cleans houses.

I'm told it's a legit Chibi Robo game and not just an AR gimmick spinoff, but I haven't played it myself so I don't know for sure.

Minidust posted:

Ether ~9AM Pacific or midnight other coast. They didn't specify which.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

From what I can tell the AR gimmick stuff is just a side thing that'll they add more puzzles to over time with spotpass. I think there's some legit Chibi Robo stuff in there, but Chibi Robo has done so many things across the series I'm not totally sure what "legit Chibi robo stuff" is anymore. Other than something I want to do, anyway.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wait, it's legit Chibi-Robo poo poo? Rad, I thought it was that illegitimate non-legit legitimately not Chibi-Robo gameplay game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How does Child robot play anyway? What kind of games are they?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

greatn posted:

How does Child robot play anyway? What kind of games are they?
In the first game you explore and clean your owner's house to make them happier and to be the top of the worldwide cleaning robot leaderboards. The house is massive in comparison to you, so there is a lot of exploration and you can only explore certain areas after getting upgrades for getting higher on the ranking leaderboard. Along the way you complete side missions for your owners, their daughter, her toys, and some aliens to make them happier, and at some point robot spiders invade the house to try and kill you. This game was awesome and probably one of the best games on Gamecube.

In the second game you are in a park and have to attract visitors by planting flowers and hiring toys to make attractions for your park like benches, fountains, etc. There are also smog monsters you have to fight that will try and kill your flowers. This game wasn't as good as the first one.

I don't know what the third one is like because it never got localised, but from the screenshots and videos it looked like it went back to the style of the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Should I get Mighty Switch Force 2 on Wii U or 3DS?